Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatars Wan and Korra will test their firebending skills against the royal siblings Azula and Zuko, but who will win?

Korra and Wan have only firebending. No Avatar State

All fighters are in character. Korra is in perfect health. Azula is sane.

Starting distance is 25 feet. Victory by ko or death

Round 1:

Fight takes place in Republic City.

No lightning

Round 2:

Fight takes place in the spirit wilds

Lightning is on

Can the Avatars overcome the firebending siblings, or will the royals overcome?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 Azula and Zuko go down fighting. they have a skill and creativity edge but i don't see them dealing well with Wan's big fire without a solid way to put him down.

R2 50/50 despite its horrible record at doing so lightning is the single best way to end this no matter who it hits. Azula and Zuko have the potential to bring down either avatar by forcing an opening but Korra and Wan are both capable enough that if they each take a sibling they can restore the regular order by letting Wan over power while Korra holds off the other

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

R1 Azula and Zuko go down fighting. they have a skill and creativity edge but i don't see them dealing well with Wan's big fire without a solid way to put him down.

R2 50/50 despite its horrible record at doing so lightning is the single best way to end this no matter who it hits. Azula and Zuko have the potential to bring down either avatar by forcing an opening but Korra and Wan are both capable enough that if they each take a sibling they can restore the regular order by letting Wan over power while Korra holds off the other

I was worried the first response would be something like "Korra sucks, Azula solos," so thank you

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula can take Korra and then her and Zuko can team other to take car of the other Avatar especially in round 2. Korra nor Wan know how to redirect lightning

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula can take Korra and then her and Zuko can team other to take car of the other Avatar especially in round 2. Korra nor Wan know how to redirect lightning

But will Azula be able to get lightning off and hit them with it?

Also, any reasons for why Azula takes down Korra?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: lol no problem. Korra's not beating Azula in a straight firebending contest but she's not going down like a punk in two seconds either. She's got a partner and a less cunning opponent as variables as well.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of thinking the siblings have this... Not that Korra and Wan aren't smart, capable and skilled, but this is firebending only, so i'm very tempted to say Azula and Zuko win this. Their own skills and ruthlessness help them here, and their experience and expertise tip the scales, i think. They're probably more tactical, too. Wan was pretty good with fire, and so was Korra, but Wan had a knack for it. I'm just not sure they can win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arcus1

Well I kinda collected some of these, may as well post them: some gifs of Korra and Wan firebending

No Caption Provided
Shows Wan making a sustained fire wall
Shows Wan making a sustained fire wall
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I might randomly add more, cause this was fun

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm having trouble deciding :/

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Korea and Wan for both rounds. Wan was creating some crazy huge Fire blasts against Vaatu and Korra's most used element is fire, and she's pretty adept at using it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Yes they are, but for me, Wan would beat whoever he fights and help out Korra against whoever she is fighting. Although she would probably lose to Azula if they fought each other in round 2 before Wan could beat Zuko.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

now this is an interesting fight hmm i want to say korra and wan for round one but with just fire bending i do wonder if they can. I know wan can let loose some crazy fire blast, but like him zuko has also trained with dragons and knows the true nature of fire bending and to be honest zuko and azula have used fire bending with way more creativity and versatility than i have seen of korra and wan. Plus there is the fact that azula in sane so we know how tactical and puissant she is. So i will give it to the royal with extreme difficultly.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: yes for both sorry forgot to put that in.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arcus1
TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheTruthIII

Zuko and Azula

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adding onto what people have said before, I feel like Zuko and Azula have displayed a much more versatile firebending move set then Wan, though his limited feats may be more impressive. Also, Korra has had the luxury of constantly relying on 4 different elements, so stripping her of everything but firebending would take a little time to get used to, thus making her an easy target for Zuko and especially the tactical and cold-hearted Azula.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: she's used just firebending enough times before that, imo, that won't be an issue

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cosmic_Lantern

Could go either way in both rounds honestly.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MetalJimmor

I feel like the avatars have a bit more raw fire power than the royal siblings. In terms of skill in using that fire it's pretty close. Wan doesn't have any feats of fighting other skilled benders since in his time there weren't any skilled benders, so in a dueling scenario I feel he might be the weakest link.

However Wan's displayed power and the skill he has shown suggests he can hold in there for a while. Meanwhile Korra has a fairly big edge over either of the siblings that hasn't been touched on yet.

Korra is really, really strong. We've seen her effortlessly lift Tenzin a couple times, as well as groups. Her muscle mass has also been mentioned a few times by different characters, so it's definitely an attribute of the character and not just comedy. Korra also has some impressive hand to hand feats, and seems to STRONGLY favor rushing through her enemy's attacks to get into melee range so she can take them down, particularly firebenders. Zuko, and more so Azula, tend to favor mid-range combat and rarely get into melee range if they can help it.

I feel Korra has a good shot of closing the distance and taking either in a hand to hand fight.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For R1 I think Wan & Korra take it due to Wan's power output. I think both rounds Korra goes down first but Wan makes this a good, well-faught battle.

For R2, I don't believe Wan & Korra have shown feats of lightning (which doesn't equate to them not being capable of doing so) but still, going by feats, I think Korra goes down first and Zuko can hold Wan off until Azula can zap Wan with lightning.

Z'

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well round one because its solely fire bending, Azula's form is flawless and has always been a threat even when outnumbered and she's the only one here with the blue flame with is hotter than the traditional orange. Zuko isn't exactly a slouch either and has better manipulation than Azula (can channel through weapons). Wan has amazing manipulation, but i've never seen korra do anything too amazing with firebending

Round 2: Azula's versatility here puts her as a top priority to take out first before she gets in close for that fatal blow and neither of them can redirect lightning so taking her out won't be a breeze. Zuko can redirect lightning which actually keeps him relevant here so he could hold off Wan or the other way around, it's simply too many 'what if' questions here to make a decision for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@koays said:

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 - I think this could go either way in a very close fight.

R2 - Azula and Zuko, with the princess being mvp.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pierpat

R1 goes to the avatars due to Wan, who was capable of controlling fire without dedicated movements(feat unparalleled) and create sustained fire barriers(feat matched only by Jeong Jeong).

This, coupled with his superhuman and unique durability and quite impressive fcombat speed should give him a sort of sure win against any of the two siblings, with Korra baiting the other 'till she can be helped.

R2 i see the fire siblings winning due to Azula one-shotting korra with lighting(i never was impressed by Korra's agility, and even if it is avoidable you have to be quite agile to dodge lighting in the avatar verse)

Wan is really cool and very well suited to use fire-bending only, but......I can't see him winning a 1vs2, and that is what this fight will become quite soon.

@arcus some of those gifs are epic, great work!

@thetruthiii said:

Also, Korra has had the luxury of constantly relying on 4 different elements, so stripping her of everything but firebending would take a little time to get used to...

While agreeing generally with your opinion in the post, i'd like to address this point.

Korra, as we have been shown at the beginning of season 1, has had to sustain private exams to proof she has mastered one particular bending, having to go in 3vs1 matches using only that bending against what we can assume where at least decently skilled benders.

So....she should be able to use only one bending without any problem.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

@lvenger said:

@killerwasp said:

@koays said:

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@killerwasp said:

@koays said:

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arcus1

@pierpat: thanks! I only made the one with Wan separating Raava and Vaatu

Avatar image for kaang_the_watcher
Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is close, but I would give a slight edge to Azula and Zuko.

Wan and Azula are, I believe, the powerhouses here. They are both firebending prodigies. But while Wan may have an advantage in raw talent and training, Azula has an advantage in deadly ferocity and experience in fighting other firebenders (she's probably been in agni kais since she was a kid).

And if you compare Zuko and Korra, Zuko is just... better. Korra has done some to impress me as a firebender, but Zuko has done more. In addition, he has some very impressive non-firebending martial arts feats as the Blue Spirit.

So here's how I see it playing out:
Possibility 1: Azula fights Wan, while Zuko fights Korra. The Azula/Wan fight could seriously go either way, but I think I would give it to Azula maybe 6 times out of 10, because of the advantages I've stated above. And Zuko would beat Korra probably 7-8 times out of 10. He just has better form, better control, better martial arts skill, etc.
Possibility 2: Azula fights Korra, while Zuko fights Wan. Azula would wreck Korra. There's no two ways around that. And while Wan would also beat Zuko, I think Zuko would still be able to hold out for a little while. I think there's a decent chance he would survive against Wan long enough for Azula to finish her fight and come help him out.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the avatars have a bit more raw fire power than the royal siblings. In terms of skill in using that fire it's pretty close. Wan doesn't have any feats of fighting other skilled benders since in his time there weren't any skilled benders, so in a dueling scenario I feel he might be the weakest link.

However Wan's displayed power and the skill he has shown suggests he can hold in there for a while. Meanwhile Korra has a fairly big edge over either of the siblings that hasn't been touched on yet.

Korra is really, really strong. We've seen her effortlessly lift Tenzin a couple times, as well as groups. Her muscle mass has also been mentioned a few times by different characters, so it's definitely an attribute of the character and not just comedy. Korra also has some impressive hand to hand feats, and seems to STRONGLY favor rushing through her enemy's attacks to get into melee range so she can take them down, particularly firebenders. Zuko, and more so Azula, tend to favor mid-range combat and rarely get into melee range if they can help it.

I feel Korra has a good shot of closing the distance and taking either in a hand to hand fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arcus1

@pierpat said:

R1 goes to the avatars due to Wan, who was capable of controlling fire without dedicated movements(feat unparalleled) and create sustained fire barriers(feat matched only by Jeong Jeong).

This, coupled with his superhuman and unique durability and quite impressive fcombat speed should give him a sort of sure win against any of the two siblings, with Korra baiting the other 'till she can be helped.

R2 i see the fire siblings winning due to Azula one-shotting korra with lighting(i never was impressed by Korra's agility, and even if it is avoidable you have to be quite agile to dodge lighting in the avatar verse)

Wan is really cool and very well suited to use fire-bending only, but......I can't see him winning a 1vs2, and that is what this fight will become quite soon.

I'd argue that Zuko's no more agile than Korra, and he managed to react to and intercept lightning. There's also the time Azula needs to charge lightning, it might not be much but it's enough that it's not always the most practical option in a fight

Wan and Azula are, I believe, the powerhouses here. They are both firebending prodigies. But while Wan may have an advantage in raw talent and training, Azula has an advantage in deadly ferocity and experience in fighting other firebenders (she's probably been in agni kais since she was a kid).

And if you compare Zuko and Korra, Zuko is just... better. Korra has done some to impress me as a firebender, but Zuko has done more. In addition, he has some very impressive non-firebending martial arts feats as the Blue Spirit.

Possibility 1: Azula fights Wan, while Zuko fights Korra. The Azula/Wan fight could seriously go either way, but I think I would give it to Azula maybe 6 times out of 10, because of the advantages I've stated above. And Zuko would beat Korra probably 7-8 times out of 10. He just has better form, better control, better martial arts skill, etc.

Possibility 2: Azula fights Korra, while Zuko fights Wan. Azula would wreck Korra. There's no two ways around that. And while Wan would also beat Zuko, I think Zuko would still be able to hold out for a little while. I think there's a decent chance he would survive against Wan long enough for Azula to finish her fight and come help him out.

Korra's got good h2h skill. Zuko's close quarters combat usually involves swords, not just h2h.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pierpat

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

I'd argue that Zuko's no more agile than Korra, and he managed to react to and intercept lightning. There's also the time Azula needs to charge lightning, it might not be much but it's enough that it's not always the most practical option in a fight

Zuko as agile as korra?

come on, that's insulting him.

If it was not you(one of the most knowledgeable guys here on avatar) i'd remind you that the blue spirit is zuko.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: and what agility feats did Blue Spirit have that put him so far above even Korra's pro-bending?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat: and what agility feats did Blue Spirit have that put him so far above even Korra's pro-bending?

Korra's pro bending was dodging.....bending.

And Arrows by superhuman marksmen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>limited by rules bending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Actually Zuko's one arrow timing feat was in Book 2, he never arrow timed as Blue Spirit

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat: Actually Zuko's one arrow timing feat was in Book 2, he never arrow timed as Blue Spirit

You actually are making me doubt it....

I'll re-watch the sequence, you could be right.

Anyway, zuko was overall more impressive for both agility and reactions.

Even without the arrow timing the blue spirit had an astonishing combat speed.

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat said:

@kaang_the_watcher said:

Korra's got good h2h skill. Zuko's close quarters combat usually involves swords, not just h2h.

Korra's got decent h2h skills, but she never really uses them, and she's not really that great in comparison to a lot of other Avatar characters. I mean, she got wrecked almost effortlessly by chi blockers. Even Sokka in season 1 lasted longer than her against Ty Lee.

And yes, all of Zuko's non-bending feats involve swords, but his feats in that area are extremely impressive. It stands to reason that if his upbringing as a Fire Nation prince made him that skilled with a weapon, he would be equally skilled in hand-to-hand.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula and Zuko take this. It can already be heavily argued that Azula could whoop korra so i don't see how adding wan makes it so much more better when Azula has her brother to back her up.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DeathHero61

@kaang_the_watcher said:

Korra's got decent h2h skills, but she never really uses them, and she's not really that great in comparison to a lot of other Avatar characters. I mean, she got wrecked almost effortlessly by chi blockers. Even Sokka in season 1 lasted longer than her against Ty Lee.

And yes, all of Zuko's non-bending feats involve swords, but his feats in that area are extremely impressive. It stands to reason that if his upbringing as a Fire Nation prince made him that skilled with a weapon, he would be equally skilled in hand-to-hand.

Korra is nowhere near Zuko's level of close combat skill

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Arcus1

@kaang_the_watcher:

Ty Lee was always toying with Sokka and flirting with him. I can't think of one time where she seriously fought him

It also always took multiple chi blockers to take down Korra

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: does Zuko have many notable h2h feats (not involving swords)?

Kaang_the_Watcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

True. I forgot Ty Lee wasn't taking that fight seriously.

It took multiple chi blockers to take her down because she was still using bending. I can't even think of a time when Korra chose to fight hand-to-hand at all without using bending in some way. It's really not her thing.

And no, Zuko has no major h2h feats without swords. However, his feats with swords are pretty incredible. He took on dozens of Fire Nation soldiers (some of them firebenders) at the same time and made them all look like idiots. He also dueled a hammer-wielding earthbending Earth Kingdom soldier in an open street. He was starting to lose the fight after a few minutes (he made it a really good fight though) and then god fet up and pretty much one-shotted the guy with fire.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaang_the_watcher:

True, she's got occasional pure h2h feats (I'll post some videos in a bit), but not really any just h2h fights. However, they both do have their bending here

Everyone makes Fire nation soldiers look like idiots, most of them are idiots. Not that he didn't have impressive showings, but it's not like fire nation soldiers are elite fighters

I was always confused why he didn't just dodge the rocks that earthbender threw at him