#2 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally thinks it's:

1. Air
  2. Earth
  3. Water
  4. Fire

I.A.T.

#3 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

EARTH!!! So very versatile. U can make a house with it. Plus metalbending!!!

#4 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Yeah. I think it and Air are equal. But you can take the oxygen out of someone's system for the win.

I.A.T.

#5 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: but aren't air people usely peaceful. Also we have nvr seen anyone do that. Even though U almost certainly could

#6 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: but aren't air people usely peaceful. Also we have nvr seen anyone do that. Even though U almost certainly could

Yeah. They usually avoid fights. But you still could do that.

I.A.T.

#7 Posted by Phylos (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Water. It's more graceful than the others.

#8 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

You really can't do anything with it though.

I.A.T.

#9 Posted by MrPuertillo (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, so most powerful bending or which one I would be or what?

Need to be more specific.

#10 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrPuertillo said:

Wait, so most powerful bending or which one I would be or what?

Need to be more specific.

Most powerful.

I.A.T.

#11 Edited by Phylos (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@Phylos said:

I.A.T.

Of course you can, in Avatar-verse, it was just as effective as the other elements. The only negative was that you needed a source, but then again, Hana showed Katara that you could siphon moisture out of the air or plant life.

But just in general, manipulation of water/liquids could be quite deadly.

#12 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos: yea but it has strengths and weaknesses. Its weaker during the day. Earth is constantly strong same with air.

#13 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@Phylos said:

I.A.T.

Of course you can, in Avatar-verse, it was just as effective as the other elements. The only negative was that you needed a source, but then again, Kana showed Katara that you could siphon moisture out of the air or plant life.

But just in general, manipulation of water/liquids could be quite deadly.

True, true. But then again, since blood contains oxygen, you can blood ned with it.

I.A.T.

#14 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Earth also.

#15 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

No one chose fire.

I.A.T.

#16 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: it would be a good paying job. Working at the electricity plant.

#17 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: it would be a good paying job. Working at the electricity plant.

lol

#18 Posted by Phylos (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos: yea but it has strengths and weaknesses. Its weaker during the day. Earth is constantly strong same with air.

The same could be said for Earth, look what happened to the captured Earth Nation village, they were put on a boat & were separated from their source. Even though the boat contained coal, if they weren't aware, then they would of stayed defenseless. Air has just as many weaknesses.

My list goes like this, in terms of power & uses

1. Earth
  2. Water
  3. Air
  4. Fire
#19 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

The same could be said for Earth, look what happened to the captured Earth Nation village, they were put on a boat & were separated from their source. Even though the boat contained coal, if they weren't aware, then they would of stayed defenseless. Air has just as many weaknesses.

1. Earth
  2. Water
  3. Air
  4. Fire

However I think an experienced powerful earth bender could actually race the ocean floor to the surface or just metal bend you know :P

#20 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

1. Earth
  2. Water
  3. Air
  4. Fire

But Metal is a mineral which comes from EARTH, which makes it bendable, as proven by Toph.

I.A.T.

#21 Posted by Phylos (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

1. Earth
  2. Water
  3. Air
  4. Fire

However I think an experienced powerful earth bender could actually race the ocean floor to the surface or just metal bend you know :P

Haha, to be fair, most of the Earth Benders in the series only had a limited range of bending, aside from Toph, Bumi & Aang.

#22 Posted by Phylos (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@Phylos said:

1. Earth
  2. Water
  3. Air
  4. Fire

But Metal is a mineral which comes from EARTH, which makes it bendable, as proven by Toph.

I.A.T.

& only Toph....

not including the new Avatar series.

#23 Posted by Megabeast1 (197 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think earth bending would be the most powerful, air bending is the coolest, water bending is what I would be if I chose, fire bending is just hot and lame

#24 Posted by clownrus (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously I have a very unpopular opinion, but I don't give a shit. My personal opinion is

1. Earth

2. Fire

3. Water

4. Air.

#25 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

I personally thinks it's:

1. Air
  2. Earth
  3. Water
  4. Fire

I.A.T.

Same for me.

#26 Posted by MrPuertillo (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Just realized no one can bend on space D::::::::::::

#27 Edited by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Water

Reasons: If its going fast enough it can cut through anything, You can Heal, Blood bending equals endgame since you can just pop like 4 vines and they are dead, Ice can be like earth but a lil weaker, also water benders can just bend all the water out of you and make you dehydrate and Die so water guys come all living things are made from 75-90% water lol come on now

OH and an other thing air doesn't mean oxygen :D

#28 Posted by ComicStooge (13374 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Earth 
2) Fire 
3) Air 
4)Water
#29 Posted by Phylos (2652 posts) - - Show Bio

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Water

Reasons: If its going fast enough it can cut through anything, You can Heal, Blood bending equals endgame since you can just pop like 4 vines and they are dead, Ice can be like earth but a lil weaker, also water benders can just bend all the water out of you and make you dehydrate and Die so water guys come all living things are made from 75-90% water lol come on now

#30 Posted by Washuchan (80 posts) - - Show Bio

my pick goes like this.. 1. Air, 2. Fire, 3. Earth, 4. Water

#31 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Water (Blood bending, Ice, Water, healing)

... Air (Gliding, evasiveness, extended to indefinite flight)

... Earth (Metal bending, rock armor, earth tactics such as popping up and out from underground, dragging opponent into ground)

... Fire (Lightning subcategory, capability of prolonged flight)

To be honest, I cannot decide on the last three due to multiple variables. Water is without a doubt, the best due to blood bending.

#32 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

1. Water (Blood bending, Ice, Water, healing)

... Air (Gliding, evasiveness, extended to indefinite flight)

... Earth (Metal bending, rock armor, earth tactics such as popping up and out from underground, dragging opponent into ground)

... Fire (Lightning subcategory, capability of prolonged flight)

To be honest, I cannot decide on the last three due to multiple variables. Water is without a doubt, the best due to blood bending.

You can also blood bend if you're air bender, since blood contains oxygen.

I.A.T.

#33 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5456 posts) - - Show Bio

Air blows everything.

#34 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@clownrus said:

Obviously I have a very unpopular opinion, but I don't give a shit. My personal opinion is

1. Earth

2. Fire

3. Water

4. Air.

How can you make air last?

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Water

With air bending you can withdraw the oxygen from someone's body, which is also and instant endgame.

I.A.T.

#35 Posted by cooljammy18 (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Since there are oxygen molecules in water also, couldn't you manipulate that as well? I'm going with air in that case. Very versatile and you can't stop the force of wind.

#36 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it was which was most powerful so i said fire :(

#37 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

i thought it was which was most powerful so i said fire :(

Fire is not very affected on the other elements. You need to be a HIGHLY skilled firebender to beat even a waterbender.

I.A.T.

#38 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooljammy18 said:

Since there are oxygen molecules in water also, couldn't you manipulate that as well? I'm going with air in that case. Very versatile and you can't stop the force of wind.

True.

#39 Posted by 80sBaby (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

Air contains more than just oxygen. We never saw any Airbender bend blood so we can't assume they can do so. We know that Water Benders can, however, since we've seen it. I think the order goes: 1. Water 2. Air 3. Earth 4. Fire

#40 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

earth stomps

water can evaporate

fire can be put out

air can be polluted and compressed

#41 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
@VercingetorixTheGreat
 I Belive ALL Earth Benders have shown to need to touch the source before able to manipulate it. Even King Bumi had physical conctact in his steel coffin to affect earth. Limited. 

Water is the best period. You can contrle Water without touching it.  

Water cover 65% of the planet. Its present in the Air, Soil, Plants, Animals, hell in Space!!!  

Water can Heal, none of the other Elements can. 

Water can be a solid (Ice) or a liquid (Water, Blood) or a Gas (Steam, Fog) 

Water can be Hot Steam or freezing Ice. Thats Tempature control. 

Water can Flash Freeze and be used as Razor Shards, Ice Prisons, Physical Objects, Weapons, ect. 

Water can Blood Bend which the most powerful form. 

Unlike Eart and Air Water is Strong without the Moon and Overpowered with the Moon. It gets a Power boost on Full Moon Nights. 

So Water by far the best. Im glad the New Avatar is a Water bender. She even looks like Katara a little. 

So  
1) Water 
2) Earth 
3) Air 
4) Fire
#42 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@VercingetorixTheGreat: I Belive ALL Earth Benders have shown to need to touch the source before able to manipulate it. Even King Bumi had physical conctact in his steel coffin to affect earth. Limited. Water is the best period. You can contrle Water without touching it. Water cover 65% of the planet. Its present in the Air, Soil, Plants, Animals, hell in Space!!! Water can Heal, none of the other Elements can. Water can be a solid (Ice) or a liquid (Water, Blood) or a Gas (Steam, Fog) Water can be Hot Steam or freezing Ice. Thats Tempature control. Water can Flash Freeze and be used as Razor Shards, Ice Prisons, Physical Objects, Weapons, ect. Water can Blood Bend which the most powerful form. Unlike Eart and Air Water is Strong without the Moon and Overpowered with the Moon. It gets a Power boost on Full Moon Nights. So Water by far the best. Im glad the New Avatar is a Water bender. She even looks like Katara a little. So 1) Water 2) Earth 3) Air 4) Fire

You need a source to water bend

Air is also present in water, which means airbenders can bend water

Air can also freeze

You can also blood bend with air

Air is every where. With out it, we'll be dead. Air is the best.

I.A.T.

#43 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@VercingetorixTheGreat: I Belive ALL Earth Benders have shown to need to touch the source before able to manipulate it. Even King Bumi had physical conctact in his steel coffin to affect earth. Limited. Water is the best period. You can contrle Water without touching it. Water cover 65% of the planet. Its present in the Air, Soil, Plants, Animals, hell in Space!!! Water can Heal, none of the other Elements can. Water can be a solid (Ice) or a liquid (Water, Blood) or a Gas (Steam, Fog) Water can be Hot Steam or freezing Ice. Thats Tempature control. Water can Flash Freeze and be used as Razor Shards, Ice Prisons, Physical Objects, Weapons, ect. Water can Blood Bend which the most powerful form. Unlike Eart and Air Water is Strong without the Moon and Overpowered with the Moon. It gets a Power boost on Full Moon Nights. So Water by far the best. Im glad the New Avatar is a Water bender. She even looks like Katara a little. So 1) Water 2) Earth 3) Air 4) Fire

Air can also freeze

I.A.T.

not true, air is not present outside of earth, but yet ice is found on the moon and mars

#44 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
@Petey_is_Spidey
All True from a Logical stanpoint, but None of that has been shown in the Show. All the Water bending I listed is supported by the show. The only advantage of Air is the seemingly Spiritual connection all Air Monks have with the Spirit Realm. Wether this is due to Airbending or more likely Lifestyle never been revealed, but the Guru who is not a air bender is spiratauly connected as the Air Nomads. So I dont see any Show supoorted proof how versatile Air can be.
#45 Posted by Deranged Midget (17716 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Water but I prefer Air to all.

Moderator Online
#46 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah theres a difference to which one is perfered or Character you like best that uses that Bending to which one has the most potential in showings.
#47 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Air can also freeze

I.A.T.

not true, air is not present outside of earth, but yet ice is found on the moon and mars

How will water on the moon and Mars help!?!?!!?

I.A.T.

#48 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Petey_is_Spidey: All True from a Logical stanpoint, but None of that has been shown in the Show. All the Water bending I listed is supported by the show. The only advantage of Air is the seemingly Spiritual connection all Air Monks have with the Spirit Realm. Wether this is due to Airbending or more likely Lifestyle never been revealed, but the Guru who is not a air bender is spiratauly connected as the Air Nomads. So I dont see any Show supoorted proof how versatile Air can be.

I'm not basing that off the show, or even this thread. I'm basing this thread from any show, movie, or any proof you can get your hands on. Even stuff that are logical.

I.A.T.

#49 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Air can also freeze

I.A.T.

How will water on the moon and Mars help!?!?!!?

I.A.T.

not water, but ice so they suggest that life is on the moon or it used to have life

#50 Posted by The Stegman (25035 posts) - - Show Bio

I pick Air for several reasons 

1. I like the fighting style that accompanies it, Ba Gua 

2. It would allow me to fly (ok technically it's gliding but still) which would allow me to cover long distances easily.  

3. It could boost my own natural running speed by cutting back air friction as seen by Aang who ''ran as fast as the wind'' 

4. And although it was shown to have a physical form in the show, in actuality, air would be invisible (except for tornadoes) like it is in the actual world,coupled with the fact that it can shift and change easily and come from different directions at once, it would be darn near impossible to evade in battle