Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, the Fire Nation royal family will take on the Beifong family, but who will win?

Fight takes place in Zaofu. Time is noon. Starting distance is 25 feet.

Standard gear for all. The Fire Nation isn't wearing or using anything metal.

The Fire Nation has basic knowledge on metalbending and their fighting styles (since they haven't seen these kind of benders before-it doesn't mean they've studied the Beifongs or anything)

Round 1:

Fire Nation Royals: Zuko, Azula, Iroh, Ozai

Beifongs: Toph (kid), Lin, Suyin, Opal, Wei and Wing

All are in character but completely determined to win. Victory by ko

Round 2:

In this battle, the families will be joined by some love interests and honorary members

Fire Nation Royals will be joined by:

June (and Nyla)
June (and Nyla)
Mai
Mai
Ty Lee
Ty Lee

Mai's projectiles cannot be metalbent. They are tipped with Shirshu toxin.

Ty Lee has 2 electric gloves like Asami's

Iroh is bloodlusted for this round

The Beifongs will be joined by:

Bolin
Bolin
Kuvira
Kuvira

Bolin is bloodlusted

Same setting, conditions as before, who wins?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jacthripper

Fire Nation Team both rounds, simply because Ozai is stated to be on the level (or even above) Iroh, which leaves Toph a little too outmatched. Aang, with 3 elements, wasn't comfortable nor confident facing an unamped Ozai, which speaks more of his power. So I feel quite comfortable saying that the fire nation royalty takes this match.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Nation Team both rounds, simply because Ozai is stated to be on the level (or even above) Iroh, which leaves Toph a little too outmatched. Aang, with 3 elements, wasn't comfortable nor confident facing an unamped Ozai, which speaks more of his power. So I feel quite comfortable saying that the fire nation royalty takes this match.

Think they take both rounds?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Yeah, I feel like, while Bolin and Kuvira are nice additions, the family hasn't really shown much teamwork, outside of Suyin and Lin, whereas the only person that might not have any teamwork with the others is Ozai, who quite frankly is MVP. The other thing is that Bolin isn't really going to be able to use lavabending much, as he's not a killer, which is going to allow Ty Lee to just taser him with those gloves, though she would more likely ditch the gloves and bust out chi blocking strikes.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Yeah, I feel like, while Bolin and Kuvira are nice additions, the family hasn't really shown much teamwork, outside of Suyin and Lin, whereas the only person that might not have any teamwork with the others is Ozai, who quite frankly is MVP. The other thing is that Bolin isn't really going to be able to use lavabending much, as he's not a killer, which is going to allow Ty Lee to just taser him with those gloves, though she would more likely ditch the gloves and bust out chi blocking strikes.

They showed some good teamwork during the escape from Kuvira's prison and when fighting the mech. I was considering making Bolin bloodlusted

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: You may want to, if you're going to make Iroh bloodlusted.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Mrnoital

@jacthripper: Aang wasn't comfortable fighting him mostly cause he didn't know his power levels and how much protection he had, he was actually comfortable trying with only 3 elements on the "day of black sun" but he was too late and Sokka and Toph made him go back to try and save everyone else

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus: You may want to, if you're going to make Iroh bloodlusted.

I'll go ahead and do that

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hatemalingsia

Team 1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital:

Yes, he was comfortable fighting what was essentially a nonbender while he had backup. During the day of black sun, Sokka could probably have killed the Firelord 1v1.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital:

Yes, he was comfortable fighting what was essentially a nonbender while he had backup. During the day of black sun, Sokka could probably have killed the Firelord 1v1.

He still wanted to go fight the Firelord after the eclipse ended

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: With backup, nonetheless.

Still, we won't ever know how powerful Ozai is outside of Sozins comet. But considering his showings then, I'd say he's above all other firebenders seen in the show outside of the avatar state or Sozin.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: With backup, nonetheless.

Still, we won't ever know how powerful Ozai is outside of Sozins comet. But considering his showings then, I'd say he's above all other firebenders seen in the show outside of the avatar state or Sozin.

True. Yeah, battles with Ozai are always tricky

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: for round 1 I'll give it to the fire benders, Iroh, Ozai and Azula showed to be very good with lightning

which would pretty much be a metal benders nightmare

and I was just watching some season 3 today, and Azula was just toying with Toph without her powers

Round 2 I'm leaning towards earth benders, they've dealt with plenty of chi blockers, and Kuvira is possibly faster than any bender in the old series

and a bloodlusted Bolin would be scary, I've noticed benders in LoK might not always bend as large, but they bend faster, that's the point of the boxing style

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With metal I give it to the beifongs then lava comes in they can take both rounds .. Su is athletic and fast toph and Lin are both rough and power ful opal is great at distant attacks and made a gigantic tornado with addicting help from jinora but controlled it by herself holding off kuvira army

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: Azula evaded one attack from Toph, and she had the Dai Li's help

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Round 1: Fire nation Royals

Round 2: Beifongs

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#22  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@arcusTeam 1 is around par with Team 2 but is more ferocious hence why I think they'll take the win albeit closely. In battle 2 the additional members for Royals make little to no impact in the fight(more like no impact but anyway). Compare that to adding Bolin and Kuvira who in and of themselves are pretty impactful in bending fights and are arguably more powerful than some of the benders on Team 1. The odds are just to stacked in Round 2 for Royals to overcome.

Perhaps to make Round 2 a bit more interesting take out June and Nyla and put in Aang with only airbending. Or perhaps Boom Boom Man(though that would be asking for boom boom woman head blow up video to be posted). Now that would be a bit closer. As it is Mai and Ty Lee in a bending battle are useless. They have to be close to there target and have the initiative to be effective and even then they lose to just 2 benders(Aang and Katara).

EDIT: Here's an idea give Azula her Dai Le Guards now that changes things a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai stomps

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Tough to decide, later.....

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By GXrevolution96

When I think about it, Aang would have stomped a non-Amped Ozai. Granted, he was on the defensive, but he was really holding out against Ozai's attacks and blocked/avoided most of them. I don't think Aang needed the eclipse at all

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Round 1: Royals

Round 2: Beifongs because metal bending is a b^&$h

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: she evaded a good few from Aang, who is arguably faster, and when Toph had her "trapped", Azula broke out the instant fire bending was back on, she didn't just evade that first attack, she used it to her advantage

Toph has some trouble with people who are light on their feet, that's why she couldn't beat the Dai Li like she can other earth benders, that took time, and why in a limited space she couldn't just trap Azula without her being distracted

Loading Video...

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By alphaeyght2

Was Ozai's firebending is so great while not amped by comet ?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rijehu

@arcusTeam 1 is around par with Team 2 but is more ferocious hence why I think they'll take the win albeit closely. In battle 2 the additional members for Royals make little to no impact in the fight(more like no impact but anyway). Compare that to adding Bolin and Kuvira who in and of themselves are pretty impactful in bending fights and are arguably more powerful than some of the benders on Team 1. The odds are just to stacked in Round 2 for Royals to overcome.

Perhaps to make Round 2 a bit more interesting take out June and Nyla and put in Aang with only airbending. Or perhaps Boom Boom Man(though that would be asking for boom boom woman head blow up video to be posted). Now that would be a bit closer. As it is Mai and Ty Lee in a bending battle are useless. They have to be close to there target and have the initiative to be effective and even then they lose to just 2 benders(Aang and Katara).

EDIT: Here's an idea give Azula her Dai Le Guards now that changes things a bit.

This

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Arcus1

@mrnoital: course to be fair, the Dai Li are supposed to be elite benders, and even then she took out like five of them in under five seconds at Lake Laogai

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1:

Azula vs Toph is a tossup.
Zuko loses to either Lin or Su.
I just don't know about Iroh or Ozai. It's too tricky to judge but they can definetely stomp Wei and Wing. Even with another Beifong there. Zuko can last long enough.

So, Royals Round 1 for a slight majority

Round 2:

Azula vs Toph is still a tossup.
Zukos till loses to either Lin or Su.
Iroh and Ozai still stomp W&W + Lin, but if it's Su she can incapacitate one of them if she's fast enough.
June vs Kuvira could go either way
I feel like Mai and Ty Lee can beat Bolin, and maybe Mai can land a shot on one of the others while fighting.

Royals both Rounds, narrowly.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DeathHero61

@anthp2000 said:

Round 1:

Azula vs Toph is a tossup.

Zuko loses to either Lin or Su.

What makes you say that?

I feel like Mai and Ty Lee can beat Bolin, and maybe Mai can land a shot on one of the others while fighting.

If i was good at gathering gifs like you i'd challenge you on that. Bolin fighting Mai or Ty Lee would be interesting

Royals both Rounds, narrowly.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Well, Zuko is definetely mire skilled than either of them in bending but I feel like master metalbenders are a bad match-up for him due to fast paced attacks and him lacking defence against them.

I know it'd be interesting I don't know if they can beat him for sure. I'm leaning towards them mostly because I've debated for them so many times it actually comes pretty easy to remember their high end showings, easier than Bolin's. What do you think of the match-up?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DeathHero61

@anthp2000: From what i remember of Bolin, he seems like the type of bender who can fire off fast earthbending attacks and defend himself skillfully, he wasn't a very powerful earthbender, but he was a pretty skilled one. And lavabending makes it harder for Ty Lee to move around like she would want. And restraining maneuvers were a piece of cake for benders in LOK it seems.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By anthp2000

@deathhero61: He can because of pro-bending not exactly skill. He is a fast earthbender and he's pretty decent at what he does.

IMO, it's the other way around. The more agile the opponent the harder time a lavabender will have on account of lavabebding being the slowest of all bendings. Also it's worth mentioning that when Ty Lee gets close it's over cause Bolin sucks in h2h really. Someone would think that Mai is useless against someone like Bolin but in fact she isn't. Basically the concept of these 2 is covering range and CQ. And they do pretty damn well. You see Ty Lee would normally be useless as well cause even if she gets close, Bolin can just propel out of the way. Well if he does, Mai snipes him and it's over. I mean, he is pretty much trapped.

You mean like earth restraining moves? No one in Lok used them like how Toph was. No one used them at all IIRC.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: He can because of pro-bending not exactly skill. He is a fast earthbender and he's pretty decent at what he does.

IMO, it's the other way around. The more agile the opponent the harder time a lavabender will have on account of lavabebding being the slowest of all bendings. Also it's worth mentioning that when Ty Lee gets close it's over cause Bolin sucks in h2h really. Someone would think that Mai is useless against someone like Bolin but in fact she isn't. Basically the concept of these 2 is covering range and CQ. And they do pretty damn well. You see Ty Lee would normally be useless as well cause even if she gets close, Bolin can just propel out of the way. Well if he does, Mai snipes him and it's over. I mean, he is pretty much trapped.

You mean like earth restraining moves? No one in Lok used them like how Toph was. No one used them at all IIRC.

Fair enough

Eh? Do you not remember the cancer that was the Zhao vs Ghazan debate? The more lava there is, the less space there is to move around and do as you please. Ty Lee has no bending to compensate for that. Bolin is no Ghazan, but he's good enough. Bolin's faster paced earthbending is enough to at least slow down Ty Lee so he could gain some space while blocking Mai, he wouldn't necessarily have to propel himself, that would leave him vulnerable.

Not in combat orientated situations like Toph does, but the showings LOK did have for earth restraining in general were pretty fast. Not that Toph isn't superior in that regard.

Here's a combined feat between Lin and Su

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: lol at that Cav.

Yeah but Ty Lee and Mai are both well above Zhao in agility and speed (I dont even recall any feats for him other than aim dodging some fire blasts) I mean, Bolin is fast for an earthbender, but I don't recall him being fast enough to put pressure on someone like Ty Lee, who jumps 30 feet up in the air for fun. If she really wants to,she can definetely get close. And then it might as well be over. He first needs to raise a wall and stop Mai from sniping him but by the time he does it, Ty Lee would have already crossed half the distance. She can jump above any lava he does. If he tries to tag her (which I find relatively impossible), Mai can richrocket a knife or two on him or make a 10 foot jump and snipe him from above. Id say they are too fast for him.

I forgot about that one. But Lin alone has superior earthbending feats to Bolin, let alone combined with Su.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Royals four round 1. Azula beats Toph. Zuko can beat or stall either Lin or Suyin. Ozais lightning feat is enough to rek the twins and I'll say Iroh can whip Opal, just based off of general principles.

Beifongs for round 2 with Kuvira as mvp.

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Nation royals should take this with them having two powerhouses in Iroh and Ozai who are above the Beifongs and Azula being on the same level than Toph, plus I see her winning against Toph, Zuko is himself a pretty powerful fighter.

Round 2 is pretty similar imo, Bolin and Kuvira might be a real boost for the Beifongs but Ozai and Iroh should still be the strongest and Mai, June and Ty Lee are very deadly fighters who should be able to take on the weaker members of the Beifongs and give difficulties to the stronger ones.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masma94: Earthbending hard counters Firebending. Toph, Su, Kuvira, Bolin, and Lin can all defeat any of the Firebenders.

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unlimited1: Far from it. It's been shown many times than earthbending wasn't always the best counter to firebending and also than firebenders were perfectly able of taking on earthbenders.

Also Iroh and Ozai are clearly the strongest and most skilled benders here.

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Fire team stomps. Ozai and Iroh solos.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Captain_Narlowe

The Fire Bending Royals with Azula beating Toph and the rest dealing with the other Beifongs, but i see a chance for the Beifongs in the second fight because Bolin and Kuvira are stronger additions than the three non benders.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Captain_Narlowe

@masma94: With the comics should be Azula clearly more skilled than Ozai, and i would say both and Toph are stronger than Iroh.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Nation Royals

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers