#1 Posted by jashro44 (20807 posts) - - Show Bio

Finesse

VS

Jason Todd

Rules

  • Hand to hand only
  • Morals are on
  • Random encounter
  • Win by KO/incapacitation/death

Location

  • Begin 10 feat apart
  • Fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

Online
#2 Posted by robertloucksjr (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

Finesse stops him. Way more skill. She made Taskmaster work a little. Red Hood would not.

#3 Posted by YoungJustice (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

Finesse, she can hang with some of the greatest fighters in the Marvel Universe, and that's without even having there skills memorized.

#4 Posted by dondave (36562 posts) - - Show Bio

Finesse

#5 Posted by laflux (15394 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr said:

Finesse stops him. Way more skill. She made Taskmaster work a little. Red Hood would not.

It was obvious Taskmaster was holding back.

Online
#6 Posted by Saren (25617 posts) - - Show Bio

.......Finesse is featless. She's only had one actual fight against a highly skilled opponent (Taskmaster), and he was holding back because he wanted to see how good his daughter was. Sure, she's acquired skills and muscle memory from Iron Fist, Captain America, Spider-Man et al but given that she's never applied those skills to any significant effect in a combat situation (no, light sparring with X-23 doesn't count), there's no reason to believe Jason would lose a majority here.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

.......Finesse is featless. She's only had one actual fight against a highly skilled opponent (Taskmaster), and he was holding back because he wanted to see how good his daughter was. Sure, she's acquired skills and muscle memory from Iron Fist, Captain America, Spider-Man et al but given that she's never applied those skills to any significant effect in a combat situation (no, light sparring with X-23 doesn't count), there's no reason to believe Jason would lose a majority here.

Alternatively, her power set makes her perfect for confronting a mediocre martial artist with guns.
#8 Posted by robertloucksjr (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zoom said:

@CitizenBane said:

.......Finesse is featless. She's only had one actual fight against a highly skilled opponent (Taskmaster), and he was holding back because he wanted to see how good his daughter was. Sure, she's acquired skills and muscle memory from Iron Fist, Captain America, Spider-Man et al but given that she's never applied those skills to any significant effect in a combat situation (no, light sparring with X-23 doesn't count), there's no reason to believe Jason would lose a majority here.

Alternatively, her power set makes her perfect for confronting a mediocre martial artist with guns.

And this is hand to hand only which would preclude guns and probably her staves as well.

#9 Edited by Strider92 (16284 posts) - - Show Bio

Logically JT should win he has more consistent feats against skilled opponents. Finesse has the powerset to win but not the showings if she had more feats of her actually putting her ability into practice i'd go with her but as it stands i'm going with Red Hood.

#10 Posted by Owie (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Finesse may not have a huge track record but at least in theory she ought to be able to take him; if her abilities don't allow her to beat someone of Jason's level, then honestly her abilities don't really do what they're supposed to do.

#11 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strider92 said:

Logically JT should win he has more consistent feats against skilled opponents. Finesse has the powerset to win but not the showings if she had more feats of her actually putting her ability into practice i'd go with her but as it stands i'm going with Red Hood.

So Jason should win if Finesse's powers don't work as billed?  Kinda reaching there, aren't we? ;) 
 
What feats does Jason have?  Toughest character he's downed in a fist fight was 16.
#12 Posted by Hyperlight (5713 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

.......Finesse is featless. She's only had one actual fight against a highly skilled opponent (Taskmaster), and he was holding back because he wanted to see how good his daughter was. Sure, she's acquired skills and muscle memory from Iron Fist, Captain America, Spider-Man et al but given that she's never applied those skills to any significant effect in a combat situation (no, light sparring with X-23 doesn't count), there's no reason to believe Jason would lose a majority here.

i think i get where you are coming from