#1 Edited by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes the Great Sage equaling Heaven from Asain Myths. He Soloed Heaven himself including taking out 100,000 heavenly soldiers, taking out the Celestial Kingdoms including their strongest generals, went into Hell, beat quite a bit of demons, and erased his name from the book of death. It took Buddha to stop him .Buddha imprisoned him under several mountains with a 5 elements seal which negated suns powers. When the seal was removed, he easily busted out of those mountains. He also had his head decapicitated and easily survived that and it also got back on him. He even grew a head back one point in the series. He also got burned in the 8 trigrams furnace for 49 days (Which in heaven, 1 day = a year on earth) and the flames that the Furnace burns are as hot as the Sun itself. His fighting skill is also unmatched in the series. Here are his powers that i've seen in the series:  

Super strength class 100+   
FTL Reflexes (Jumped across Buddhas Hand which was the size of the entire Universe in seconds and could react to things at that speed)
Accelerated and Regenerative Healing Factor (Can even regenerate lost body parts including a head)
Invulnerability 
Can Leap 180,000 Miles in 1 bound 
Immortality  
72 Lives (In rare cases should he die. Like to the samadhi fire)
Transformation/Shapeshifting   
Flight
Can fly on clouds or on the wind
Astral Projection

Magic     
Teleportation
Can Summon Armys of Monkeys (Lawl)
Can Control Wind to a certain extent
Can Breath Fire out of his mouth  
Can Conjure Protective circles against Demons (To trap them in them or to keep them out)
Can alter the course of stars 
Can transform a strand of his hair into anything 
Size manipulation (Can grow or shrink) 
Can see through Lies, Deception, and Evil  
Can Freeze Time

His weapon is the Magical Golden Staff (Wieghs 6.5 Tons.), which can Multiply, change its size (To as small as keeping it in his ear or to the size that holded up a galaxy), and respond to sun's thoughts and does whatever he wants it to do.    

So, what characters would be a good match for sun? ^^ 

#2 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
Silver Surfer.
#3 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5375 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#4 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo he takes Thor..Theres alot to his Arsenal that hasent been mentioned like being able to summon an army of Monkey Warriors..
Imo Thor as host of the Destoyer Armour would be a better battle :-)

#5 Edited by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • Ghost Rider
  • SQUIRREL GIRL
#6 Posted by ThaMessenger07 (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos
Serpent Demon Orochi
SSJ4 Goku with Staff (lol)
Spawn

#7 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

lu bu

#8 Posted by ThaMessenger07 (1779 posts) - - Show Bio
@demifiend said:
" lu bu "

#9 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThaMessenger07 said:
" @demifiend said:
" lu bu "

"

I've played almost all the Dynasty Warriors games, last one I played was Empires, but wtf @ Strikeforce, do they all go super saiyajin or something?
#10 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo:
So this guy is Monkey King/Lu bu, right?
#11 Edited by ThaMessenger07 (1779 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor:  lol Yes. and they Summon Giant Beast. I've played since DW1 when it was a Fighting game and personally did not like this drastic change in strike force. They have a 7 coming out that looks a lot better it takes 6's engine but has 3 combo systems. It has the Triangle charge attack masher, the square quick attack masher and the back and forth masher for added combos. They also said something about classes that allow the different characters to perform special abilities. Some one like Zhao Yun would be classed as Brave and Swift. Brave will allow characters to challenge generals to duels, Special Horse attacks, and create moral for allied forces or scare. Swift will allow water/wall running, Air Dashing, super speed, areal horse mounting, and running on crowds. This Game Sounds Awesome!!!! lol There is also a Fist of The North Star game by Koei coming out.      

@Xavier St. Cloud: No thats normal Wukong. The Hair Tail Feathers was worn by Warriors of Prestige on the Battle Field that answered to no King.
#12 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Achilles. said:

"
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • Ghost Rider
  • SQUIRREL GIRL
"

Sun is powerful and one of my favs and all... but i dont think hes up there with Lucifer and Michael. Those 2 are as powerful as the living tribunal.

#13 Posted by tensor (3861 posts) - - Show Bio

i will give u 1

#14 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@tensor said:
"i will give u 1

"

If you don't mind me asking... what's that?
#15 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9427 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo said:
" @tensor said:
"i will give u 1
"
If you don't mind me asking... what's that? "
i think its from gurren lagan
#16 Edited by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo: 

gurren lagan THis form can wipe Even Galatus over stuffed lol :) lol 

I will chose Die buster/ The buster call number 7 :)  a woman vs a monkey :)
#17 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

Erlang Shen    
#18 Posted by RetolledTruth (941 posts) - - Show Bio

Sage of Six paths

The Kindly Ones

#19 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Sun Wukong vs Classic Thor is a match I'd want to see.

#20 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"Sun Wukong vs Classic Thor is a match I'd want to see. "

I think Sun is higher the Classic Thor but i agree, it would be a good match to see when Thor is going all out.
#21 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Achilles. said:
"
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • Ghost Rider
  • SQUIRREL GIRL
"
Squirrel girl..are you serious thats major spite...only TOAA can defeat her and that would be an epic battle
#22 Posted by Daydream (2802 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some serious misconceptions on the Monkey King's skills in the OP.

#23 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't the Monkey King become omnipotent at the end of the epic? At least that's what I've heard.

#24 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

sailor cosmos

#25 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Daydream said:
" There are some serious misconceptions on the Monkey King's skills in the OP. "

Yes I know thank you. Please tell me what the correctments are.
#26 Posted by Daydream (2802 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, let me clear a few things up: 

• It is next to impossible to hurt him using physical blows
  • Monkey King never soloed heaven, the Jade Emperor sent heaven's various generals and 100, 000 celestial soldiers to subdue him, which they were unable to do. He fought the prominent generals such as Nezha and Li Ching but didn't take on all of heaven at once, not even close. His combat skills are more than matched by the warrior Erlang Shen, in that battle he resorted to fleeing  
  • He cannot travel 180, 000 miles in one bound. His cloud somersault allows to him to go 108, 000 li, equivalent to 33, 550 miles
  • He does not have FTL reflexes, going 33k miles in one bound is his special method of long distance travel, not his combat speed, and Buddha's expanding hand was never stated to be as large as the universe, since it only said Wukong did his somersault a couple of times. Also, he did not react to Buddha's hand, it was the other way around, meaning you cannot use that instance as a reflex feat
  • He doesn't have 72 lives, why would he have this if he was immortal...?
  • He is strong enough to run around with two mountains on his back, but was dragged down when a third was summoned by a demon
  • Never remember reading anywhere stating him being able to teleport or freeze time... He can immobilize/freeze minor entities with magic though
  • Where was it stated that his weapon held up a galaxy...?
  • Wukong is weak underwater, which he can only enter if he transforms into a marine creature or use magic protection, however the latter limits his combat abilities almost entirely
  • He's been hurt by fire before, and he is fairly vulnerable to magic/magical artifacts as well
#27 Posted by Cats (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre crisis supes 

Supes 1 million 

#28 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku! Defeats him!

#29 Posted by laflux (14112 posts) - - Show Bio

Pigsy

#30 Edited by Trance241 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

from what i remember wukong's Staff was 8.1 tons and only held the ocean steady

and granted if the math is right then a 4000 foott mountain should weight what 5,750,000,000 tons and he carried two so that's what 11,500,000,000 tons????

#31 Posted by GhostD (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn Superman Prime Kratos(well with all the god equiments) Thor Heck ..Son Goku :D

#32 Edited by AlexandraWallace (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@daydream said:

Alright, let me clear a few things up:

• It is next to impossible to hurt him using physical blows
  • Monkey King never soloed heaven, the Jade Emperor sent heaven's various generals and 100, 000 celestial soldiers to subdue him, which they were unable to do. He fought the prominent generals such as Nezha and Li Ching but didn't take on all of heaven at once, not even close. His combat skills are more than matched by the warrior Erlang Shen, in that battle he resorted to fleeing
  • He cannot travel 180, 000 miles in one bound. His cloud somersault allows to him to go 108, 000 li, equivalent to 33, 550 miles
  • He does not have FTL reflexes, going 33k miles in one bound is his special method of long distance travel, not his combat speed, and Buddha's expanding hand was never stated to be as large as the universe, since it only said Wukong did his somersault a couple of times. Also, he did not react to Buddha's hand, it was the other way around, meaning you cannot use that instance as a reflex feat
  • He doesn't have 72 lives, why would he have this if he was immortal...?
  • He is strong enough to run around with two mountains on his back, but was dragged down when a third was summoned by a demon
  • Never remember reading anywhere stating him being able to teleport or freeze time... He can immobilize/freeze minor entities with magic though
  • Where was it stated that his weapon held up a galaxy...?
  • Wukong is weak underwater, which he can only enter if he transforms into a marine creature or use magic protection, however the latter limits his combat abilities almost entirely
  • He's been hurt by fire before, and he is fairly vulnerable to magic/magical artifacts as well
  • 33k miles in one leap mean its instant arrival, so its less than 1 sec. ok u think combat speed is slower than travel speed? , think about your hand striking speed v.s your running speed, which one faster lol?
  • and off-course Buddha hand can expand as large as universe, when he travel he passed through all galaxies ( watch newer version of JTTW) in the universe before he reach the at the fingers of Buddha
  • he does have many lives, i m not sure how exactly lives , and remember immortal can die at some circumstance for example Zeus could die by blood of hind in "Hercules and legendary journey" series, so having so many lives mean that even if he die by that very rare chance he still would revive back and fight again lol.
  • those mountain was not ordinary mountain ( u wont see that kind of mountain in this normal planet earth), its a special magic mountain that Thor wont able to bear with just 1 of those mountain lol.
  • and for your last statement he is been hurt by fire before, that fire is also not ordinary fire, Thor or superman would die in 1 sec by that special fire lol
#33 Posted by ratsplat68 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles. DUDE, Don't suggest Squirrel Girl in battle threads, because everyone knows that defeating powerful superbeings IS Squirrel Girl's superpower!

#34 Edited by kyrees (4482 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by 9dragons (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@alexandrawallace:

It's implied that Chinese Gods in mythology are able to battle FTL, according to the novels that described their battles manifestations of disturbances in weather. When light flashes in a dangerous stormy nights it was described as confrontations. Commoners are used to the idea that gods can move extremely and stay out of sight one of the reasons for why they can't see them.

8 immortals can bring down Sun Wu Kong if they band together

#36 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (15998 posts) - - Show Bio

Buddha. trolol.

#37 Edited by Linark (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Darius or Lee Sin totally counter him top.

#38 Posted by Kid_Cool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Presence, TOAA, Lucifer, Michael, PR Beyonder, Spectre, LT, and anybody omnipotent can beat him.

#39 Posted by leonkarlen123 (3813 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does these Sun Wukong threads get bumped suddenly?