• 141 results
#1 Edited by Joker13CSC (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Vs.

This matchup has been done before but this matchup will have the run down of each fighter and their skills they posses.

Cthulhu:

• He has power beyond mortal comprehension and is able to nearly instantly regenerate his body if it is ever to be damaged the wound will heal faster than it is made.
  • He is the ruiner of countless worlds, the devourer of innumerable souls, and ender of hope.
  • He also has immortality beyond what most can comprehend, for it is stated that he will outlast death itself. If this is true then he can never be truly destroyed.
  • He is as large if not larger than any earthly mountain, being able to stand well above sea level in some of the deepest parts of the sea.
  • It is unknown whether or not he can fly using his massive wings, but it is probable.

He is also capable of shape shifting, as he has taken multiple forms over the years the Octopus headed, Dragon winged, Human caricature that is the most familiar. Another a gigantic pulsing blob of writhing tentacles and mountainous pseudopod. Another a huge mass of constantly changing colors. All will cause a man to go insane upon glancing it.

In fact Cthulhu's power is so tremendous that when he is to awaken everything in 1,000 miles of R'lyeh will either be destroyed in mind, body, and soul which is the fate of the more fortunate ones, or go irrevocably insane as you see the truths of the omniverse. Unlike most beings who are limited to one multiverse, Cthulhu exists in the Dungeons and Dragons multiverse as well as the Lovecraft mythos at the same time. His mastery of magics, technology, and psionics have few equals anywhere in existence and the simple fact that he has mastered all three of these rather than just one is truly a feat. He also is capable of reality, matter, energy, time, and space manipulation on a truly massive scale.

Final Wars Godzilla:

• Capable of breathing underwater.
  • Godzilla is immune to conventional weaponry thanks to its rugged hide and ability to regenerate.
  • Atomic Pulse
  • Magnetism
  • Precognition
  • Fireballs
  • Electric bite,
  • Superhuman Speed
  • Eye Beams
  • Flight

Also FW Godzilla is said to have meltdown Godzillas powers but can control them. In Godzilla vs. Destroyah it is said that Godzillas powers are so immense that he is more powerful than the Big Bang itself. Also Godzillas mind is so complex it repels psychic attacks. Can effortlessly toss 100,000+ tons into space and can accurately hit object in space dead on from the surface of earth. To be killed Godzilla must be destroyed completely on a molecular level to stop his body from regenerating.

Godzilla's atomic pulse is said to have explosive and kinetic properties and is even strong enough to take out a black hole. Godzilla is a master of various martial arts and has countlessly defended the earth from impending doom.

Battle takes place in a destroyed NYC

Who is the true King of Monsters?

#2 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Love both characters but Cthulhu wins.

Godzilla may be the king of the kaijus but Cthulhu makes pretty much every kaiju look like children.

#3 Posted by russellmania77 (14607 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla will eat cantu

#4 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Cthulhu wtfstomps based on this rundown, he's flat-out better

#5 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Immortality is sort of hard to top, ya know. I love me my Godzilla, but that just isn't fair. That being said, I think this specific version of Godzilla would test that immortality further than most anything else.

#6 Posted by Joker13CSC (81 posts) - - Show Bio

2 for Cthulhu, 1 for Godzilla, and 1 undecided... Anyone else care to chime in?

#7 Posted by Oase (39 posts) - - Show Bio

FW Godzilla is immortal, and he RULEZ!!!

#8 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

And Cthulhu is one of the "Great Old Ones" and they would erase the Godzilla verse from existence.

#9 Edited by PartialSanity (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm... spite? Cthulu should always win.

#10 Posted by Oase (39 posts) - - Show Bio

said:

And Cthulhu is one of the "Great Old Ones" and they would erase the Godzilla verse from existence.

Godzilla would've killed him first.

#11 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

said:

How? with his atomic breath?

#12 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@oase said:

Prove it. I want to see a scan or quote they can erase beings from existence.

@oase said:

How? with his atomic breath?

Prove to me with scan or Non Hyperbole Quote the Cthulhu can survive anything on mini Big Bang scale.

Anything?

#13 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla wins. Cthullu has been hyped by fans and hyperbolic statements. He was wrecked by an early 20th century boat in his canon Lovecraft appearance.

#14 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla wins. Cthullu has been hyped by fans and hyperbolic statements. He was wrecked by an early 20th century boat in his canon Lovecraft appearance.

You do realize he wasn't that full power when that steamboat knocked him out right?

Cthulhu has many feats to show that he is far above Godzilla's league and even if he has trouble he can just summon his great-great-grandfather, Azathoth!!!!!!!!! (the Cthulhu Mythos version of TOAA).

#15 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that is all I remember too.

@godtriggerhulk said:

You do realize he wasn't that full power when that steamboat knocked him out right?

Cthulhu has many feats to show that he is far above Godzilla's league and even if he has trouble he can just summon his great-great-grandfather, Azathoth!!!!!!!!! (the Cthulhu Mythos version of TOAA).

Proof? Anything other than Hyperbole statements?

#16 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@godtriggerhulk said:

Yeah, that is all I remember too.

@jackknight said:

@godtriggerhulk said:

Proof? Anything other than Hyperbole statements?

Are you that guys who said that the Presence is below Franklin Richards? (thought that's not go that far because both the Presence and Franklin Richards have nothing to do with this thread).

Anyways Cthulhu has many ways of taking down Godzilla like absorbing Godzilla's soul, Telepathically destroying Godzilla's mind, growing bigger than Godzilla and stepping on him etc, The list goes on.

And before you ask yes Cthulhu can do all that stuff.

#17 Posted by GhostRider2 (3275 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla...sooner or later Cthulhu is going down.

#18 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla...sooner or later Cthulhu is going down.

Are you use?

#19 Posted by Cgoodness (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

Has cthulu ever faught before? I know a giant hand appeared out of some vortex thing and pulled him in or something like that, that's the closest thing to a fight I've herd he was in, so my vote is Godzilla.

#20 Posted by GhostRider2 (3275 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: Why should Cthulhu win, i see no reason.Godzilla doesn't have the king title for doing nothing.

#21 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you that guys who said that the Presence is below Franklin Richards? (thought that's not go that far because both the Presence and Franklin Richards have nothing to do with this thread).

Anyways Cthulhu has many ways of taking down Godzilla like absorbing Godzilla's soul, Telepathically destroying Godzilla's mind, growing bigger than Godzilla and stepping on him etc, The list goes on.

Franklin Richards cannot beat Mephisto much less Presence IMO.

Also I like so solid feats as in Non Hyperbole Quotes, Scans, or Source.

Your telling me crap that no one has seem to ever read about. Where are you getting these facts from?!

#23 Posted by Cgoodness (3922 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: maybe a blast to the face, Godzilla has had something similar done to him and just blasted the thing in the face, I'm not a big Godzilla fan but I know a bit. My vote is the monster that has faught other monsters as opposed to the monster that hasn't.

#24 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

Franklin Richards cannot beat Mephisto much less Presence IMO.

Also I like so solid feats as in Non Hyperbole Quotes, Scans, or Source.

Your telling me crap that no one has seem to ever read about. Where are you getting these facts from?!

I'm getting them from Cthulhu's Power's list on his Comic vine bio page

Here's the link:

http://www.comicvine.com/cthulhu/4005-40994/

#25 Posted by spiderbuck (2449 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: maybe a blast to the face, Godzilla has had something similar done to him and just blasted the thing in the face, I'm not a big Godzilla fan but I know a bit. My vote is the monster that has faught other monsters as opposed to the monster that hasn't.

I'am a big Godzilla fan but he's not winning this.

Also Godzilla blasting Cthulhu in the face won't be enough.

Cthulhu's durable enough to take hits that would laugh at the power of Godzilla's atonic breath.

#27 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the link:

I can easily right now go in there and change all the information to being strong enough to take a shot from a steam boat.

That is no way proper evidence.

#29 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@jackknight said:

Here's the link:

I can easily right now go in there and change all the information to being strong enough to take a shot from a steam boat.

That is no way proper evidence.

I know Cthulhu got knocked out by a steamboat but I'd say Cthulhu was very weak when that happened or it was Plot Induced Stupidity (or as everyone else would call it, PIS).

#30 Edited by Wolfrazer (6104 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: But you have to admit...it is hilarious. A powerful being....gets knocked out by a steamboat. XD

#31 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight: But you have to admit...it is hilarious. A powerful being....gets knocked out by a steamboat. XD

Yea.

Hell Iceman defeating a abstract in even more hilarious! XD

#32 Posted by spiderbuck (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

Yea.

what? lol, moar plz, scans would be appreciated. I could use a good chuckle

#33 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

@wolfrazer said:

Yea.

what? lol, moar plz, scans would be appreciated. I could use a good chuckle

Here you go:

#34 Posted by spiderbuck (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

buahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! iceman > oblivian, ftw

#35 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially when you consider an aspect of Oblivion destroyed 99% of the multiverse as well as Limbo...... And Heaven.......... AND HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@joker13csc: dude, Cthulhu was solo'd by a steamboat

where did you get any of that wank in the OP?

#37 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

And Oblivion (as you can see in the scan I posted) got defeated by Iceman :P

#38 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight:

So far as I know Lovecraft only wrote one story with Cthullu in it. The rest is fanfiction and assumptions.

#39 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

but the steamboat thing was Cthulhu's only feat

#40 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

You obviously don't know much about Cthulhu other then that steamboat.

Cthulhu was very weak when that steamboat knocked him and even if he wasn't then that was nothing but PIS!

Cthulhu has may ways to curbstomp Godzilla.

Also considering that Iceman beat Oblivion, would you also say that Godzilla can beat Oblivion?

#41 Edited by Wolfrazer (6104 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

You obviously don't know much about Cthulhu other then that steamboat.

Cthulhu was very weak when that steamboat knocked him and even if he wasn't then that was nothing but PIS!

Cthulhu has may ways to curbstomp Godzilla.

Also considering that Iceman beat Oblivion, would you also say that Godzilla can beat Oblivion?

have you actually read anything by HP Lovecraft?

#43 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Wolfrazer (6104 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Wolfrazer (6104 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: hmmm, IDK about that

Do you even consider that thing with the Steamboat PIS? and have you read more about Cthulhu then just that ONE THING!!!!!!!!!?

Also you've got to admit Oblivion getting beaten by Iceman, That's just as bad as (if not worse Than) Cthulhu getting beaten by a steamboat.

#48 Posted by spiderbuck (2449 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck said:

Especially when you consider an aspect of Oblivion destroyed 99% of the multiverse as well as Limbo...... And Heaven.......... AND HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that people still use the Spider-Man vs Firelord fight as the standard for PIS ludicrousness ..... this PIS/WIS/CIS feat tops all others I have seen, hands down. Even Squirrel Girl beating Thanos is not this wanktankulous.

#49 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck said:

@jackknight said:

@spiderbuck said:

I can't believe that people still use the Spider-Man vs Firelord fight as the standard for PIS ludicrousness ..... this PIS/WIS/CIS feat tops all others I have seen, hands down. Even Squirrel Girl beating Thanos is not this wanktankulous.

I agree 100000000000000000%

Oblivion should have godstomped Iceman's ass beyond believe!!!!!! hell even Batman kicking the Spectre isn't as ridiculous as THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iceman should be able to stand a chance against someone like Superman! let along a abstract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And @betatesthighlander1 thinks Godzilla can beat Cthulhu because Cthulhu got knocked out by a steamboat!!!! then according to his logic Godzilla should also be able to beat Oblivion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#50 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: hmmm, IDK about that

Do you even consider that thing with the Steamboat PIS? and have you read more about Cthulhu then just that ONE THING!!!!!!!!!?

Also you've got to admit Oblivion getting beaten by Iceman, That's just as bad as (if not worse Than) Cthulhu getting beaten by a steamboat.

okay, again, have you ever actually read anything by Lovecraft?

because the steamboat thing was his only feat

so, unless you can come up with something he actually did (not just something his fans made up) that it's totally fine