Final Fantasy villain battle royale

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TifaLockhart

Garland vs. the Emperor vs. Cloud of Darkness vs. Zeromus vs. Exdeath, vs. Kefka vs. Sephiroth vs. Ultimecia vs. Kuja vs. Sin

Standard gear, in-character, random encounter, no BFR, no prep, no outside help. Death or KO counts as a loss. The battle takes place in the Hades Paradox Cup arena.

Who and more importantly why? And yes, I am bored.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shawnbaby

In before Sephiroth Fanboys. 

That being said...Sephiroth Wins. :D

Personally...Kefka is my all-time favourite FF villain... he can't do much without prep though. 

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

Sephiroth blows up the solar system.

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scarbearer

@Shawnbaby said:

In before Sephiroth Fanboys. That being said...Sephiroth Wins. :D Personally...Kefka is my all-time favourite FF villain... he can't do much without prep though.

I think Kefka is perfectly capable of pulling this off without prep. I'll stand by the best villian in the FF franchise being able to take down Sephiroth and the others.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does not matter what the others can do, Sepheroth will win from sheer popularity.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

Kefka >>> Sephiroth in everything except how cool he looks. I've only played 4,6,7,8 and 10 though, so maybe one of the other villains could take this, but based on the ones that I do know I'd have to go with Kefka.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Black

Kefka. FFVI is the background on my computer right now. Represent.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shawnbaby

Kefka is certainly the best villain...but in terms of raw power...I think Seph is top dog here.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

@Shawnbaby said:

Kefka is certainly the best villain...but in terms of raw power...I think Seph is top dog here.

What could Sephiroth do that Kefka couldn't? 'Super-Nova' doesn't count cause that was just a game-play mechanic. Obviously if Sephiroth could actually cause Super-Nova's, then his ultimate plan of slowly casting meteor wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

If I recall correct, Sephiroth's big plan involved him casting Meteor (which took him several days), and then somehow the destruction it caused would allow him to absorb the planets energies and become a god. Kefka DID become a god, then just for fun re-formed the planets surface. The only way I see Sephiroth winning is if for some reason it came down to a sword fight, but Kefka was far more clever and certainly wouldn't allow it to come to that.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shawnbaby
@Moonchilde said:

@Shawnbaby said:

What could Sephiroth do that Kefka couldn't? 'Super-Nova' doesn't count cause that was just a game-play mechanic. Obviously if Sephiroth could actually cause Super-Nova's, then his ultimate plan of slowly casting meteor wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

If I recall correct, Sephiroth's big plan involved him casting Meteor (which took him several days), and then somehow the destruction it caused would allow him to absorb the planets energies and become a god. Kefka DID become a god, then just for fun re-formed the planets surface. The only way I see Sephiroth winning is if for some reason it came down to a sword fight, but Kefka was far more clever and certainly wouldn't allow it to come to that.

And if there was prep involved I'd totally be backing Kefka. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ferro Vida

Whoever wins here... Sin loses.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TifaLockhart

Wow, I knew the Kefka Sephiroth rivalry was strong, but no love for Ultimecia and her time-compressing powers or Sin with his ability to play with lunar gravity or fraggin' ZEROMUS?!

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathsHead2

Sorceress Edea WINS. 'Nuff Said!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Static Shock

Didn't know who Kefka was until now.

Major wardrobe malfunction.

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DeathsHead2

@ S.S. : Lol! Yeah...

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By nickthedevil

FF VII will always be on top.

Sephiroth FTW

DeathsHead2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeathsHead2

I preferred FF8, personaly. Edea & the Aeons FTW!

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TifaLockhart

Personally, 8 is my all-time favorite, but that doesn't mean I don't like 4, 5, 6, 7, or 10. I don't quite understand the bitter hatred people can have for the other games in the series because they have a favorite. I say it's all good.

(I haven't beaten 2 or 5 yet, and I've yet to crack 3 or 9)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Floopay

@Moonchilde:@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia:

Sephiroth and Kefka would be an amazing fight, I don't believe Kefka is actually that far above him. Though by raw power this goes to Kefka, he did rearrange the planet. However, Sephiroth is no slouch in this department. In the FFVII list of games they have gone out of their way to establish that as far as soldiers go, Sephiroth is the best trained soldier, the strongest soldier, and has a laundry list of powers at his disposal.

As far as Ultimecia goes, I think FF8 was widely accepted as one of the worst Final Fantasy's. Not so much because of the story, because it really was a good story line in my honest opinion, but the GF, combat, magic, draw, level, and other systems were severely lacking. As a result I think a lot of people have a hard time putting her up here. Though I don't know if she really compares to Kefka, Sephiroth or Sin. Sin might actually be able to win this because well, he next to indestructible. Though Kefka controls the strength of a long list of different Espers, which if they are comparable to the strengths of the guardians in FFX would put Kefka way above Sin.

However, I think this will come down to Sephiroth and Kefka, both in popularity and sheer strength. And honestly I'm torn, Kefka's raw power is great, there's no question there. As far as body counts go, that's a tough one two, both of these guys have taken out a long list of people, and a lot of them were pretty impressive.

I'm going to take Kefka or Sephiroth 50/50. If I had to choose I'd go Sephiroth because I'm a bit of a fanboy, but I do think that these two were the most powerful bad guys.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TifaLockhart

It's my understanding that the rearranging of the World of Balance into the World of Ruin was due to the goddess statues not being aligned?

I mean, that's still impressive, but I question whether or not it's akin to Superboy-Prime punching a crystal that changed history rather than punching history.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimecia destroyed the universe, pretty much obvious she wins this.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By randumo24
Loading Video...

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Voting Kefka out of clown loyalty.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Sephiroth Exdeath takes this he's too Hax.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NeonGameWave

Exdeath wins he is far more powerful than the other villains and at full power he would be a universal threat.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exdeath wins this. Speed, destruction, immortality, dimension hopping, power of the void, absorbs what he absorbs into the void and is a Universe destroyer in his strongest form. My favourite though is Kefka, as that is the last game in the series that I liked (and yes I have played some of the ones after it).

No Caption Provided

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rozalia

Is Garland allowed immortality? Can he go Chaos? Does Emperor have both his Hell and Heaven forms present? This depowered or full power Cloud of Darkness? This standard Exdeath, Max power Exdeath or Neo Exdeath? Is Ultimecia allowed to time compress?

Well firstly we can immediately discount several people from winning this. Ultimecia can if she wants slam four planets into the arena thereby likely killing Sephiroth, Sin, Garland, Kuja, Kefka, Emperor. Sephiroth's super nova is very likely an illusion so he can't exactly do the same.

Zeromus, Exdeath, Cloud of Darkness would thus be the only beings left as Cloud is an abstract being, Zeromus has some sort magical defense (that need the crystals to be negated) while Exdeath pretty much needs to be completely destroyed (or trapped in the void like in the game) to die.

Out of the fighters left I'd put my money on Exdeath as at max power he can send people/places to the void with just a thought (as long as crystals aren't there to protect against the void). Its questionable if his power would even work on Cloud of Darkness but I'm sure he could beat her even in an outright slug-fest.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it so widely accepted as fact that Supernova wasn't real?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Sephiroth never demonstrated that sort of power. Heck, he even needed the Black Materia to call forth a continent busting attack.

However, on several occasions, Sephiroth has demonstrated illusion casting, and considering the wide assortment of status affects that come with Supernova, more likely than not, Sephiroth cannot put out that kind of power.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standar gear... a stalemate bettewn ex-death, cloud and Ultimecia.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Marshall_Long

As much as I love Sephiroth Exdeath takes this he's too Hax.

Avatar image for lollercoaster9000
lollercoaster9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@the_last_son_of_czarnia said:

Because Sephiroth never demonstrated that sort of power. Heck, he even needed the Black Materia to call forth a continent busting attack.

However, on several occasions, Sephiroth has demonstrated illusion casting, and considering the wide assortment of status affects that come with Supernova, more likely than not, Sephiroth cannot put out that kind of power.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Ultimania states that Supernova is an illusion. Even if it wasn't, it would still be negated for completely contradicting the story (Sephiroth needs a meteor that takes days to hit the planet despite seemingly being able to destroy a solar system in minutes and despite destroying the god damn solar system, it doesn't actually kill or destroy anything). Also, given the status ailments it can hit you with (confusion, silence, and slow), it was already pretty safe to assume that it was a psychological attack.

Regardless, the only characters worth discussing in this battle are Cloud of Darkness, Exdeath, Ultimecia, and MAYBE Zeromus and Sin.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nuffs

Exdeath

Garland

Kefka

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Ultimecia by a massive margin, only Zeromus is anywhere close. Time manipulation, can create demigods based on her enemy's inner perspective of the strongest being and then junction herself to it, wizard possession, all known magic and more, mind control that even works through time, time nexus creation, time crunch, time bfr...Noone else here comes close to this power.

2. Zerom alone had respectable mind control feats, then he comes back as Zeromus spamming miniature Big Bangs and Black holes. That's retarded. He's retarded. Even assuming its at a far far faaaaaar lesser level than the real world events, I dont see many characters tanking very many of these. Being Zeromus is more of a force of hatred, it likely does not have an opinion that Ultimecia could use to create a GF.

3. Exdeath's control of the void can place him outside of time, but it seems to be more of dimension manipulation over actual matter negation. The thing that puts Ultimecia above him is that A. her feats are far grander (effecting all time>effecting a universe) and B. she can create a GF based on his idea of absolute power and junction herself to it, likely granting her a measure of influence over his domain in addition to her formidable magic. So far as ik,though, he's the only one immune to time bfr.

As Iv never played FF3, I'm placing Cloud of Darkness here as well because from what I can gather it's powers are similar to the Void, if not the Void itself. This could be wrong, idk.

4. Emperor Mateus's control over the afterlife is impressive, but still below timecrunch. He should be obliterated in the opening rounds by Zeromus's Big Bang spams, along with everyone ranked lower than him.

5. Kefka is a planetary level reality warper with country level DC, but in his God form he more or less equates to a super mage, and most likely could be dominated by Ultimecia and forced to fight for her as she hides in the time nexus, or simply kill himself. I see him being Ultimecia's main tool here outside of GF creation.

6. Sephiroth is a planet level threat, at his strongest he's able to create a shield that can stop a round from a large city-sized super canon using energy from the planet. However, this won't save him from multiple characters who can exceed that power or simply hax their way through, and mind control through freakin time>>>>>illusions. Even if we assume Supernova was real, then we'd also have to assume Big Bang and Black are just as real (big bang seems to be a small scale explosive sci-fi version of just that, but black hole actually removes all status effects, implying it doesn't function as a real world one does), which is even worse. For everyone.

7. Garland shouldn't be here. Trance Kuja should, and if he were he'd probably rank 4th based on DC alone. In fact, he'd even put down Ultimecia in a 1v1 Ultima spam match, but his problem is his lack of hax. All this DC would likely be manipulated (so much mind control) by someone else to their benefit before they make him Ultima himself to death. Which would be sorta hilarious... "...ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow- God, why am I doing this?! I... feel... EVERYTHING!!"

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimecia should win.

CS118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sephiroth has to be one of my favorite villains in Final Fantasy but in a battle against Exdeath he wont win.

Exdeath clearly wins here with ease with sephiroth taking 2nd and ultimeca taking 3rd. However if you add Caius he would beat all