FFST R2: ooww vs. dccomics vs. tdlp (Vote)

• 132 results
OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@omgomgwtfwtf: hurray! finally know how to get gifs!

Anyways, I'm trying to say that if she can just come back up almost indefinitely, then she's too powerful here. If she can only survive in snake mode, and has to until the end of the battle, she can be made a relative non-factor easily enough, unless she can do crazy stuff as a snake...

She can possess other people in snake form by crawling into their mouths. I have scans of her doing it on the first page. Also, I don't agree with you that she is a non-factor. She has more than enough magic to keep Deathstroke and Hawkeye at bay. The scans I've posted show that her vector plates were created for the sole purpose of keeping physical characters at bay. You can't shoot an arrow or hit her with a bullet, when they get reflected due to her vector plates. Also you can't get near her because the vector plates would just blow them backwards.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Opinions =/ I understand that you want to win, but I have an independent opinion of who wins. I vote for Tldp based on my current understanding of characters, andt hat's just kinda how it is. It stinks though since it makes a swing vote =(

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Ah, because the javelins can be mass-produced and also work on stationary, flying enemies (most of Blink's enemies). She also doesn't have to think or focus -think of it as Portkeys vs Apparition in HP. See, if they're just standing still and flying, she can't get them with a portal.

I mean, yes, they're...one page out of several. I can tell you the context, of course, since I've read the issues.

The one of her dropping her team through the ground was because Vision was pursuing them, an android who scans at the speed of light. In order to get away from him, she basically dropped her team through portals in the ground because there wasn't enough time for them to walk through a portal; they'd get scanned and detected.

Amphibian is attacking her, and she doesn't have any javelins on hand, so she drops a portal underneath him and he falls through, into the water.

The link, unfortunately, is down, but in the Infinite Processing Plant, after a long, drawn-out battle, she is all out of javelins, and then gets pissed off (can't remember why). She opens a portal at the monster's feet, and he drops down through it and into the acid below.

Now, what exactly does 'enough force' mean? Because if I can't shoot Soul and hurt him, or can't blow him up, then he's outside the tournament's durability limits.

Also, being able to possess other people after your own body is killed is technically outside the limits of the durability, but I'll let it slide since there's no way she'll be able to crawl into my char's mouths while a mental assault is going on and she's being attacked.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@thedarklordpandamonium:

I would actually like to have the entire scans posted, because word of mouth is effectively useless in a debate. The scans can help put aside any lingering doubts I have over Blink's abilities.

Also the scan of Amphibian attacking her clearly shows her hitting him with one of her javelins and he is then teleported away.

Soul is Maka's weapon, as is Mjolnir to Thor. I really don't see why he has to be under the durability limit if he is being used a weapon. It's like trying to say that Mjolnir is too durable for a tournament. Soul, while in human form, is as durable as a normal human, so if he changes you can shoot him dead. So to put it frankly, while in weapon form, he's nigh-unbreakable.

These issues you have now could have been solved in the initial stages of the tournament before the first match even started. I really don't see why you are bringing them up now, given that you had more than enough time to bring them up beforehand.

@dratini1331 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: Opinions =/ I understand that you want to win, but I have an independent opinion of who wins. I vote for Tldp based on my current understanding of characters, andt hat's just kinda how it is. It stinks though since it makes a swing vote =(

I'm not trying to make you change your vote. I'm merely pointing out things. It's more to help other potential voters make up their minds. So when they read this, they know exactly what I am describing.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: If my word doesn't work, will the respect thread's word work?

Enraged by Sabretooth’s apparent death, Blink runs rampant devastating the Infinite Plant by shearing it to pieces. She takes out a section of his life-support armour. He throws her against a wall, but she blinks behind him nailing him in the back. They’re at a standoff, when he asks her whether she thinks she’s faster than him. She responds, “My name is Blink, who do you think is faster, half-scan?” opening a portal beneath him and dropping him into a vat of genetic stew.

If you ctr+f that on this page: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=454803&pagenumber=1

you should see the list of pics. Unfortunately the feat itself was incorrectly linked, but the panels themselves follow exactly what he's saying. And he's impartial...?

Anyway, here's the other scans for the vision thing.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/137/exi13p05ti5.jpg/?sa=0

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/228/exi13p06hj0.jpg/?sa=0

Yes, she's holding two javelins -but she also opens twenty portals at once and keeps porting through several locations.

My issue is that Soul is indestructible in weapon form, yet apparently he can exhibit a madness frequency. And I DON'T WATCH SOUL EATER. How would I know this? I assumed he was just a regular person. Instead of, y'know, a weapon. You were talking a lot about madness and using the environment in your first post, not about one of your team members turning into a weapon.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: That's more than fair, and you've been very nice about it ^.^ I've been heckled about voting recently though in less kind ways and take some affront towards it.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Vote, oh master of debate! ^_^

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Enraged by Sabretooth’s apparent death, Blink runs rampant devastating the Infinite Plant by shearing it to pieces. She takes out a section of his life-support armour. He throws her against a wall, but she blinks behind him nailing him in the back. They’re at a standoff, when he asks her whether she thinks she’s faster than him. She responds, “My name is Blink, who do you think is faster, half-scan?” opening a portal beneath him and dropping him into a vat of genetic stew.

If you ctr+f that on this page: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=454803&pagenumber=1

you should see the list of pics. Unfortunately the feat itself was incorrectly linked, but the panels themselves follow exactly what he's saying. And he's impartial...?

Yes, she's holding two javelins -but she also opens twenty portals at once and keeps porting through several locations.

My issue is that Soul is indestructible in weapon form, yet apparently he can exhibit a madness frequency. And I DON'T WATCH SOUL EATER. How would I know this? I assumed he was just a regular person. Instead of, y'know, a weapon. You were talking a lot about madness and using the environment in your first post, not about one of your team members turning into a weapon.

The scan with Holocaust has broken links, so I can't really tell what is happening. As for the scan with her teleporting her crew, she had javelins to do that, i.e. meaning she needs her javelins to teleport.

As for the issue with Soul Eater Evans. It was mentioned several times that he was a weapon. I even asked Floopay if Soul Eater should be considered a weapon or a person. He said for the sake of the tourney that Soul Eater would take up one slot because of his abilities. My conversation with him can been seen here on the tournament sign up list.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/floopay-s-fantasy-style-tournament-1458500/

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

The scan with Holocaust has broken links, so I can't really tell what is happening. As for the scan with her teleporting her crew, she had javelins to do that, i.e. meaning she needs her javelins to teleport.

As for the issue with Soul Eater Evans. It was mentioned several times that he was a weapon. I even asked Floopay if Soul Eater should be considered a weapon or a person. He said for the sake of the tourney that Soul Eater would take up one slot because of his abilities. My conversation with him can been seen here on the tournament sign up list.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/floopay-s-fantasy-style-tournament-1458500/

It's not like he can easily inflict madness on people, the only reason he could use it on Stein is because they were both practically driven insane already anyways. And even then he wasn't successful.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Stein was protected by Maka and the other witch girl. Also, that was with his scythe keyboard, which is weaker than his internal piano. In the newest chapter, Soul Eater 111, Soul was spreading madnes powerful enough to even affect the Kishin.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: so how do I beat your nigh indestructible madness spreader, exactly?

(Purely hypothetical of course since you didn't bring this up in the debate)

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@omgomgwtfwtf: so how do I beat your nigh indestructible madness spreader, exactly?

(Purely hypothetical of course since you didn't bring this up in the debate)

Mental assaults and soul attacks have defeated him in the past.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: ah. So mesmero would engage maka and then shed be drugged before shot to death, mesmero would engage medusa before she'd be drugged and shot to death and then shrunk, then mentally take over ultear and tifa, then at the end go for soul? Since soul wouldn't be protected by maka at the end, this would work, yes? (Purely assuming I managed to get it down to just soul, I understand you have your reservations about blink.)

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: ah. So mesmero would engage maka and then shed be drugged before shot to death, mesmero would engage medusa before she'd be drugged and shot to death and then shrunk, then mentally take over ultear and tifa, then at the end go for soul? Since soul wouldn't be protected by maka at the end, this would work, yes? (Purely assuming I managed to get it down to just soul, I understand you have your reservations about blink.)

Technically, if you manage to do all that, then my team would lose. But, Maka will be flying in the sky, avoiding all forms of interaction with your team. Instead she's solely being used for her soul perception-soul attack capabilities. Meanwhile, Soul Eater will be releasing a madness wavelength over the townspeople below and driving them crazy. Medusa with her three hours of prep will use her magic to set up communication devices within each of my teammates and to spread her two artificial clowns. Her clowns are also capable of spreading madness, but their specific form of madness allows me to control people through mental manipulation (scans have been posted of this). Ultear will use her transformation magic to turn into a random individual and will observe the battle through her lacrima orb (scans posted on first page). She will then use her arc of time whenever she finds it appropriate (like aging the ground around your team and causing them to fall into the sewers, aging equipment, etc.).

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: You can't bring up Maka flying (though I have a counter for that) because you didn't before calling for votes.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: You can't bring up Maka flying (though I have a counter for that) because you didn't before calling for votes.

I have scans of her flying on the first page. It's not like it's something I just happened to mention now. Medusa can fly too, but given that I didn't mention that beforehand, she won't be employing it in this specific battle.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: I mean, it kind of is like you didn't mention it.

http://i.imgur.com/VMI0t0x.png

http://i.imgur.com/OwIV6TO.png

You posting a scan of Maka flying and then not saying 'oh maka can fly' in response to me saying for about half the thread that Blink was going to open portals under your team's feet would be like me posting the respect thread Hawkeye with a Pym Particles arrow but not mentioning the Pym Particles arrow with my opponent saying that his teammates were invulnerable unless their sizes were changed and me mentioning it only after voting.

You only said it after voting started.

That being said, I'm not going to be a bother about it. If the voters feel this is sufficient, then they feel it's sufficient.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: I mean, it kind of is like you didn't mention it.

http://i.imgur.com/VMI0t0x.png

http://i.imgur.com/OwIV6TO.png

You posting a scan of Maka flying and then not saying 'oh maka can fly' in response to me saying for about half the thread that Blink was going to open portals under your team's feet would be like me posting the respect thread Hawkeye with a Pym Particles arrow but not mentioning the Pym Particles arrow with my opponent saying that his teammates were invulnerable unless their sizes were changed and me mentioning it only after voting.

You only said it after voting started.

The reason why I didn't bring flying up for most of the thread because it wouldn't counter telefragging nerve gas into my teammate's head. Given that Floopay didn't ban telefragging until after voting was called, I don't see how I would have brought it up into the conversation. If I have scans showing Maka flying, I really don't need to mention it, that is what the scans are for. I don't ask for every arrow that Hawkeye uses because you already posted them and I can easily look it up via google.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This match has gone tits up as there are things that really needed or need clarifying on both sides and it really would have served you both better if this had been done during the match and not inbetween votes but you had limited time to do this.

Regardless of outcome Omg should go through because he deserves to go through on time limit alone. Although give my vote to DLP if it equalizes the votes in the end, an almost meaningless gesture because as this late stage I think Omg has the majority anyway.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: If you voted for me, we would be tied. It was 4-3 with dondave's vote. So I suppose we're tied at 4-4.

I do agree with him that the match lost its quality because of the time limits.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: If a draw isn't allowed my vote has to go to Omg which even with Death Samurais vote would make it 5-4 in his favour.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: @floopay Dex votes for Omg because Omg allowed me to come back in when he could have proceeded and won; otherwise he thinks we both should have won because neither got a chance to clarify our tactics really. Omg didn't really have time to counter my teleporting, and I didn't have time to counter his counter, and so on and so forth. So...yeah. If Dex withdraws his vote, we're tied and we need one more.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Floopay

@dextersinister: @floopay Dex votes for Omg because Omg allowed me to come back in when he could have proceeded and won; otherwise he thinks we both should have won because neither got a chance to clarify our tactics really. Omg didn't really have time to counter my teleporting, and I didn't have time to counter his counter, and so on and so forth. So...yeah. If Dex withdraws his vote, we're tied and we need one more.

I have counted the votes as follows, unless I missed something....

OOWW: DexterSinister (who voted 3 times in this match btw, so a gold star for him for reading all that), Dondave, Nerx, KnightofZero, CadenceV2

TDLP: Jokergeist, Dratinil33t, ComicStooge, DeathSamurai

I stated two days ago that all previous votes would count, and DexterSinister has cast his vote 3 times, all of which favored omgomgwtfwtf, so I actually take his final vote with all sincerity.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#129  Edited By Sovereign91001

Wow this was a complicated one to get through and a bit of a mess tbh.

Anyway my vote goes to @omgomgwtfwtf.

@floopay voted

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jokergeist

Yep. This is one of the messiest debates I've seen.

*gets a mop*

No Caption Provided

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokergeist: I didn't really 'go on vacation' so much as I 'went to India for a family emergency and rituals'.

but yeah it was kinda my fault that I cut the time limit short. But it's doubtful whether or not floopay would have answered our callouts considering he would have been busy with everyone else even then. (not implying its floopay's fault. he is a busy man.)

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers