• 131 results
#51 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf Actually I need confirmation from floopay on Blink's abilities before we can go ahead, I was satisfied by that as your ending post but yes Blink can teleport people just by knowing where they are. She teleported her team to the moon once, that was pretty chill. For a full list:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t454803.html

AoA/Exiles one is a boss and would just teleport your team by knowing where they were. She doesn't need to use the javelins either as showed in the many images on that thread, but if she uses the javelins she doesn't have to focus.

As the Agent Cheesecake scan showed, she knew where it was and teleported it to her, and during Necrosha teleported an army to her side for Selene. Of course Floopay didn't object to it at first, but you didn't counter nerve gas so I'm guessing you're relying on Blink not being able to teleport them into it?

As for the scouting thing, only your leaders can move around or do anything at all, the rest of your team is pretty much frozen in place in one location. They can't integrate with the crowd or anything, and I know what your initial location is, so Mesmero would just teleport there with his teleporting suit and be like 'ah, okay, that's where they are' and as Blink teleports at lightspeed she'd just teleport them into the cloud of nerve gas which knocks them out instantly. Your counter to this was asking if Blink could do that, so, er, Floopay...e_e I did it first round and you didn't seem to care.

#52 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium:

From what I see her teleportation javelins can open portals or just teleport things. Nothing I have seen suggest that she can just pick people off from a random point in the town without using her teleportation javelins as a medium. The KMC respect thread also shows that her teleporting javelins can be dodged and blocked. They also show that an intelligent foe can just outsmart her and outfight her. While I'm not arguing that it's implausible for Blink to teleport my team, I just don't think it as a simple as you make it out to be. The KMC respect thread only helps my case, since there are numerous scans of her having trouble with people, despite her teleporting abilities. I'm not an expert on AoA Blink, but I would like a second opinion on her abilities if you don't mind.

On the point on the scouting thing, you're right, only our team leaders are allowed to move. But it doesn't stop my team from being productive during the 3 hours beforehand. Medusa can release snakes into the city to scout for her, even though she can't move. This was a point I made in all my matches and Floopay made no objection. Medusa can also set up traps via her magic, same as Ultear. Also, you have yet to refute my automatic defenses (i.e. the artificial clowns). The difference between the Clowns and my team members are that they aren't even living beings. They are artificial lifeforms created by Medusa, which produce madness in an area surrounding them. So yeah, even though it may sound easy teleporting my team against their will, once you have them, your team is going to be hit with insanity. Mesmero, while a telepath, can't hope to defend against Maka, Soul Eater, and Medusa's two clowns. It's just not plausible. While he's trying to actively fight against Maka's attempt to soul rape him, he would have no way of protecting your teammates from the insanity that would ensue.

Also, even the nerve gas is not a sure fire way to put down all my members. I have my doubts about it affecting Medusa to a large degree, given that she can operate outside her body, and has taken damage beyond the human norm, without any consequences to her own well being. Simply trying to kill her physical body won't stop her.

Read from right to left.
Read from right to left.

#53 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: I'll refrain from my counter until floopay can clearly define what Blink can and cannot do. Though sure, we can get an AoA Blink expert in here...

@dredeuced: Omgomgwtfwtf would like to ask you if Blink needs to throw her javelins at people to teleport them, or something to that effect.

But assuming the nerve gas is a-go, looks like your entire team except for Medusa goes down, as you said 'not all'. So we have Medusa left, and seeing as I'm teleporting her last, that madness shouldn't matter much if-

wait what

Medusa doesn't die if her physical body dies? (easy enough to kill her physical body, as you admitted)

._.

...how am I supposed to kill her then? Well I guess since by then Maka is gassed, then Mesmero will just telepathically own her. Though I'm curious, how exactly am I supposed to kill a soul thing? Is that outside the rules? It seems outside the rules.

#54 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: I'll refrain from my counter until floopay can clearly define what Blink can and cannot do. Though sure, we can get an AoA Blink expert in here...

@dredeuced: Omgomgwtfwtf would like to ask you if Blink needs to throw her javelins at people to teleport them, or something to that effect.

But assuming the nerve gas is a-go, looks like your entire team except for Medusa goes down, as you said 'not all'. So we have Medusa left, and seeing as I'm teleporting her last, that madness shouldn't matter much if-

wait what

Medusa doesn't die if her physical body dies? (easy enough to kill her physical body, as you admitted)

._.

...how am I supposed to kill her then? Well I guess since by then Maka is gassed, then Mesmero will just telepathically own her. Though I'm curious, how exactly am I supposed to kill a soul thing? Is that outside the rules? It seems outside the rules.

Medusa and her sister, Arachne, are very powerful witches. They are capable of separating their soul into familiars (Medusa is a snake, while her sister is a spider). Arachne did this to escape being killed and was able to survive for approximately 800 years as thousands of spiders, though she was unable to use any of her magic, until she reformed. Medusa can do the same as well, but I believe any suitable spiritual or mental attack would suffice in killing her. She was killed in the anime by Maka when she did a direct soul attack to purge her spirit and destroy it. I would assume Mesmero could do that if he knew that she survived.

Also, I never said it would be easy to kill Medusa's physical body :P I just said, if you manage to do so, it wouldn't put her down. She would just crawl into the nearest person and possess them. Not to mention, by killing her, you will be releasing all the snakes contained in her body, which number in the thousands. Those snakes could slither into your bodies and kill you from the inside out.

Though I still have my doubts about Blink being able to take down Maka and Soul together. if she tries teleporting them, she is risking being consumed by Soul's madness wavelength. However, I will leave that for the voters to decide.

#55 Posted by Dredeuced (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: I have read a lot of exiles and I can't remember a time when Blink didn't teleport something without having to throw a Javelin, open a portal for them to walk through, or atleast touch them. There's a LOT of Exiles comics though so don't quote me completely on this one -- it'd be up to you to prove that she can, but her common showing is having to use her telespears to teleport things at a distance.

#56 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Alright, cool. But she doesn't have to use the telespears, which was what omgomgwtfwtf was wondering about.

(i've always been curious about the sand-into-body and the teleporting nerve agent, though, as i have no idea how the liquid would have gotten through a portal)

so @omgomgwtfwtf there's your answer. As she'll know where you are, she can drop a portal below you as soon as the match starts and bashwam nerve gas get dunked. (or split up depending on what it is)

Though Mesmero wouldn't know she survived, I think getting filled with bullets and blown up would work. Also as Mesmero is one-shotting Maka since you agreed with them being incompatible and so Maka has no defense against him, he could do the same to Medusa's spirit...if that's how it works anyways.

#57 Posted by Dredeuced (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: She threw her dagger into a nearby sanddune then teleported it into Hyperion. If she could just teleport things by thought she...wouldn't really need the daggers.

#58 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Alright, cool. But she doesn't have to use the telespears, which was what omgomgwtfwtf was wondering about.

(i've always been curious about the sand-into-body and the teleporting nerve agent, though, as i have no idea how the liquid would have gotten through a portal)

so @omgomgwtfwtf there's your answer. As she'll know where you are, she can drop a portal below you as soon as the match starts and bashwam nerve gas get dunked. (or split up depending on what it is)

Dredeuced just said that Blink had to throw her telespears in order to teleport individuals or open portals for people. So I still don't see how she is going to insta-tele when she has to be face to face with my team in order to do it. Once she gets close, she would be annihilated by madness. Also the clowns themselves can fight as well.

Though Mesmero wouldn't know she survived, I think getting filled with bullets and blown up would work. Also as Mesmero is one-shotting Maka since you agreed with them being incompatible and so Maka has no defense against him, he could do the same to Medusa's spirit...if that's how it works anyways.

I said that for the sake of this argument Maka and Mesmero's abilities are considered compatible since they both affect the mind. Floopay already said to treat them the same, since it would make the debate easier. Because if we were to treat an empath and a telepath differently, I could equally say that Maka would soul-rape Mesmero before he was able to mind-rape her. Also, given that I have more than one source of soul-raping people, it would be more plausible for my team to KO yours, before your one telepath could KO all of mines.

I think it's time for people to vote. All the issues we have can easily be voted upon by people, and it really doesn't do much for the debate to argue over those issues some more. The voters can choose on who they agree with and vote accordingly.

Also, I'm surprised you didn't involve dccomicrule2011 in this debate, since he's technically part of the battle as well.

#59 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: ah, okay. but the nerve gas? no daggers there.

@omgomgwtfwtf: I tagged dccomicsrule2011 initially, he didn't respond. #sad.

I don't recall Floopay ruling that, but I suppose it was on the 32-page pm or something which I appear to no longer be a part of so that would explain it.

Anyhow she doesn't have to be face to face, in Age of Apocalypse

Blink teleports someone...she isn't looking at. She just knows where it is. So she doesn't have to be face to face with them. (unfortunately I believe all other instance of her doing this is in 616 and thus technically not canon even though AoA blink is supposed to be straight up better than 616 blink but argh)

But even so, Blink teleports at lightspeed! How is your team going to affect someone going at lightspeed?

Anyhow yeah woo votes!

@jokergeist @dextersinister @dredeuced @comicstooge @cadencev2 @esquire @diredrill @knightofzero @theonetaichou:

vote, guys!

#60 Posted by ComicStooge (12751 posts) - - Show Bio

thedarklordpandamonium has my vote.

#61 Edited by Dredeuced (5534 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: She was touching the nerve gas. Yes, she can teleport anything she's touching (or atleast very very close to, as she has teleported the other exiles without touching them by being close to them before, though this might fall under opening portals) wherever she wants. If teleporting stuff inside of someone is allowed then Blink could teleport whatever she wants into whoever she wants on the enemy team unless they have anti teleportation tech or are more durable than Hyperion (as she did it with ease to Hyperion).

I haven't read the thread or your arguments because I've got my plate full already, I was just answering whatever question you had about Blink's abilities, so I don't know what context you're using them in.

#62 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump! Votes, people, votes!

#63 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: @thedarklordpandamonium: @dccomicsrule2011

Call your voters, and just an FYI, I would call in the people who previously voted, because their votes will still count. Next round will be Wednesday, so voting closes then. Good luck.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#66 Edited by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Also, any form of tele-frag is disallowed. All other forms of teleportation are fine.

Tele-frag includes teleporting items into people, or into space or whatever.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#67 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay @omgomgwtfwtf kay, so Blink can teleport his team into my cloud of explosives, bullets, pym particles, nerve gas, and swords.

@dextersinister @jokergeist: Mind voting?

@dondave I'd like to see your input as well.

@knightofzero and you.

Even if this is AoA Blink, she either has to touch something, or charge an object with energy and let it touch what she wants to teleport before she can teleport something away. She can open up portals, but I don't think she can open up portals in something, in every instance I remember she had to open a portal in mid-air, and she wasn't able to conjure them actually on a wall or on the ground beneath someone.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#70 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with OMGWTF for the best chance of a win.

#71 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: Yeah, she's done it before. Every time she forcibly blinks her enemies-

1) To Rogue, underneath her feet

2) In the Infinite Processing Plant, to the monster, under his feet which sent him into the acid

3) Somehow instantly teleports one of her friends.

4) And here again, on the ground, so that her friends instantly drop through.

5) I have no idea how she did this next one, as she was all out of javelins -suppose she just...tried.

http://imageshack.us/a/img100/2404/exiles0722006oracledcp1xy7.jpg

6) here again to amphibian; he lunges at her and she opens a portal beneath his feet.

http://imageshack.us/a/img153/1955/exiles0772006oracledcp2dv8.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img254/3284/exiles0772006oracledcp2ro0.jpg

She typically uses her spears because most of her enemies are flying or airborne somehow, and not affected by gravity to fall through her portals.

So clearly, she can just portal under omg's team.

#72 Posted by KnightOfZero (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a pretty close match. i am actually having a very hard time deciding. i think i have to go with omgomg just because of medusas abilities would allow her to escape death, and the madness wave length affecting hawkeye, deathstroke, and probably blink. i dont know, i think that omg used his time better and has more going for him. but again, this was VERY close

#73 Posted by Dextersinister (6111 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll need to get back to this.

DLP, telefragging :/

Omg, an unkillable character :/

Hang your heads in shame

#74 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

Hang your heads in shame

Telefragging isn't allowed. Floopay said no :/

Also, Medusa is not unkillable. She is like the Shadow King, in that, she can possess people and use them to operate as vessels. Killing her body greatly weakens her offensive capabilities and requires her to find a new host. Also, while slithering around as a snake, the snake can be harmed. A sufficient spiritual/mental attack would also suffice in bypassing her physical body and harm her actual soul/astral body.

#75 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@dextersinister said:

Hang your heads in shame

Also, Medusa is not unkillable. She is like the Shadow King, in that, she can possess people and use them to operate as vessels. Killing her body greatly weakens her offensive capabilities and requires her to find a new host. Also, while slithering around as a snake, the snake can be harmed. A sufficient spiritual/mental attack would also suffice in bypassing her physical body and harm her actual soul/astral body.

@knightofzero: Still not toooo sure how the whole 'soul' thing works, but I was like 'meh. hopefully explosives and nerve gas and bullets and pym particles will either kill her or make her too small to be an issue'. I don't think she's unkillable, though. And leaving her for last as per the soul-stealing thing does make it so she can't really soul-jump. And, as I said, the madness wavelength is pretty much counter-acted as Mesmero picks off her teammates, as he has soul resistance.

@dextersinister: I DID WHAT I HAD TO

#76 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

OMGWTF

#77 Edited by Dextersinister (6111 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister said:

Hang your heads in shame

Someone like the Shadow King wouldn't be allowed in this tournament. If she can reform from being completely destroyed then she is above the regen limit, if there is an obvious snake that jumps from her body then that should be fine but it can't be thousands as we where also limited to 2 summons or duplicates.

#78 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. It's 2-1 in favor of omgomgwtfwtf right now. @jokergeist sure you don't want to relook like dex is?

#79 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Edited by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

As declared by Floops, Blink's teleportation abilities are limited to touch. OOWW has more of a chance here.

Vote goes to @omgomgwtfwtf.

#81 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

As declared by Floops, Blink's teleportation abilities are limited to touch. OOWW has more of a chance here.

Vote goes to @omgomgwtfwtf.

@floopay he didn't declare that, actually, he said he hadn't seen her teleport via floor, and then I gave six examples and scans of her doing it...

Want to reconsider?

#82 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't decide O.o information overload!!!!!

#83 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't decide O.o information overload!!!!!

XD

let me simplify it for you, this is basically what you have to vote on:

Does my team go insane from clowns/madness wavelength before or after they kill omg's team?

#84 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote for omg, sorry tdlp. I reread to confirm when I'm out of the car...

#85 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: So what is your plan to do with the floor portals?

So basically Mesmero teleports to omg's location, scopes it out, now Blink knows where they are. Well, since she knows where they are, as soon as the battle starts she'll instantaneously open a portal beneath their feet, like she did with a mutant cheesecake that one of the villains was pounding in Astonishing X-Men #1 of Age of Apocalypse, thus teleporting them into a cloud of nerve gas. Omg says Medusa is unkillable or something. @dextersinister says this violates both the regen limits (Shadow King waaaaat) and the summon rule (can't have more than 2 summons, so not a thousand snakes can posses my team).

Omg's argument is basically a madness wavelength, which he can project. I'm not too clear on it, but his plan is basically to drive my team insane.

#87 Posted by Jokergeist (4935 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, you've specified the capabilities of Blink's teleport, and your strategy is doable enough.

Vote changed to @thedarklordpandamonium.

#88 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

OMGWTF

I'm not sure if this is you voting for omgomgwtfwtf or if this is you being like 'omgwtf is this'.

?

#89 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, after a more thorough relook, I'm siding with TLDP. Here's why:

Even is they can defend against TP, I've yet to see what prevents Mesmero from Psycho-locating them this way. Blink can easily teleport them if they're found, and I see no way for many of the characters to deal with this. Ultear shouldn't have defense against bullets, and the variety of arrows and explosives should be able to take down maka, who I consider inferior to deathstroke (though I would say superior to hawkeye).

The demon repulsion is also fundamentally different in terms of TP than a normal version of TP, So I have no idea how this interaction would work.

Medusa is game breaking if what dex said is true, and therefore I don't consider her in this.

Thus, TLDP wins IMO

#90 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

@jokergeist said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: So what is your plan to do with the floor portals?

So basically Mesmero teleports to omg's location, scopes it out, now Blink knows where they are. Well, since she knows where they are, as soon as the battle starts she'll instantaneously open a portal beneath their feet, like she did with a mutant cheesecake that one of the villains was pounding in Astonishing X-Men #1 of Age of Apocalypse, thus teleporting them into a cloud of nerve gas. Omg already conceded that all of his team members except for Medusa would die, and he says Medusa is unkillable or something. @dextersinister says this violates both the regen limits (Shadow King waaaaat) and the summon rule (can't have more than 2 summons, so not a thousand snakes can posses my team).

Omg's argument is basically a madness wavelength, which he can project. I'm not too clear on it, but his plan is basically to drive my team insane.

I never conceded that I had no counter to your teleporting. I conceded that I had no counter to you telefragging nerve gas into my teammate's head. Given that Floopay disallowed that particular strategy, then I have numerous ways to win. Maka is airborne, so simply opening a portal wouldn't suffice in capturing her. Also just by being near her, you would suffer from being mindraped from madness wavelength. Ultear can age non-organic matter with a thought, so essentially anything Hawkeye or Deathstroke do to her can be negated. Medusa has clowns that produce madness and she also has other spells which can forcefully repel things against her (vector plates). Also, the snakes she releases aren't summons. They are part of her body, they live within her, they aren't brought into existence from a spell or summoned through conventional means. They actually live within her body (my scans already show this).

So, while your strategy is not bad, you have yet to refute many of my points I bring up.

Vector Plates for one can prevent any of Deathstroke's or Hawkeye's attacks from reaching Medusa. Not to mention she has vector arrows which she can launch from her body. All these things have already been posted on the first page.

Read from right to left
Read from right to left

Also none of tdlp's scans show that Blink can teleport someone from across a town. All the scans that have been shown, she was in the area with the people. Also I'm pretty sure she still needs to throw her javelins to teleport people or open portals. Floopay and Dredeuced agree with me on that point. Even the scans posted show that she has to throw her javelins to open portals and teleport stuff.

@dratini1331 said:

Okay, after a more thorough relook, I'm siding with TLDP. Here's why:

Even is they can defend against TP, I've yet to see what prevents Mesmero from Psycho-locating them this way. Blink can easily teleport them if they're found, and I see no way for many of the characters to deal with this. Ultear shouldn't have defense against bullets, and the variety of arrows and explosives should be able to take down maka, who I consider inferior to deathstroke (though I would say superior to hawkeye).

The demon repulsion is also fundamentally different in terms of TP than a normal version of TP, So I have no idea how this interaction would work.

Medusa is game breaking if what dex said is true, and therefore I don't consider her in this.

Thus, TLDP wins IMO

Ultear can age non-organic matter. So I don't see how bullets would affect her.

Maka can fly, so I don't see how Blink can open a portal below her feet and force her anywhere. Also, Maka's weapon, Soul, can release a madness wavelength which drives people insane. Being in her vicinity would equal being mind raped.

Medusa has clowns that can produce madness as well, so once they get near her the same thing will happen.

#91 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: You are noooot allowed to debate after voting is called. I corrected Jokergeist's assumption that floopay outlawed touch-portal, and pointed him to the six feats/scans of her opening ground portals, and told knightofzero that Medusa was not immortal. . Jokergeist asked for my strategy, so I gave him a concise version.

Please, do edit your post -I will edit mine about your concession, but you should not debate after calling for votes. If you are adamant on continuing, I do have a counter for each of those things (probably why the only two people who explained their reasoning voted for me), but I don't really want for people to come in, be like 'voting?' and be like 'nope still debating.

Right now the vote tally is:

TDLP:

-Comicstooge

-Dratini1331

-Jokergeist

omgomgwtfwtf:

-Cadencev2

-Knightofzero

-Nerx (?)

#92 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: You are noooot allowed to debate after voting is called. I corrected Jokergeist's assumption that floopay outlawed touch-portal, and pointed him to the six feats/scans of her opening ground portals, and told knightofzero that Medusa was not immortal. . Jokergeist asked for my strategy, so I gave him a concise version.

Please, do edit your post -I will edit mine about your concession, but you should not debate after calling for votes

TDLP:

-Comicstooge

-Dratini1331

-Jokergeist

omgomgwtfwtf:

-Cadencev2

-Knightofzero

-Nerx (?)

I am not debating anything. The scans I just posted are actually on the first page, but they are being ignored. I have mentioned vector plates and Ultear's time manipulation. None of which you have actually refuted. I was merely bring them back up. I have already mentioned madness wavelength previously as well. No new points are being made. I am just bringing up points that have not been countered. Like how are you going to stop Ultear from aging everyone's equipment to dust? What are you going to do to stop my clowns? What are you going to do about madness? These points have never once been refuted by you. While your initial strategy was to teleport nerve gas into my teammate's head, that has been disallowed by Floopay, and so you have yet to actually counter my points.

#93 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: I've never seen ultear react fast enough to do that, though I would definately say hawkeye is basically useless here, except for some gases.

Mesmero should be able to defend mind rapage, and Maka holding off demonic waves, as I said, seems different form the normal form of TP. I also don't believe she can face deathstroke in H2H, that's just my opinion.

Also, I'm questioning whether medusa is considered allowed here. More to the point, what keeps her from taking a bullet to the head?

once again, just my opinion, so don't take it too seriously here.

#94 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Please, do edit your post -I will edit mine about your concession, but you should not debate after calling for votes

TDLP:

-Comicstooge

-Dratini1331

-Jokergeist

omgomgwtfwtf:

-Cadencev2

-Knightofzero

-Nerx (?)

I am not debating anything. The scans I just posted are actually on the first page, but they are being ignored. I have mentioned vector plates and Ultear's time manipulation. None of which you have actually refuted. I was merely bring them back up. I have already mentioned madness wavelength previously as well. No new points are being made. I am just bringing up points that have not been countered. Like how are you going to stop Ultear from aging everyone's equipment to dust? What are you going to do to stop my clowns? What are you going to do about madness? These points have never once been refuted by you. While your initial strategy was to teleport nerve gas into my teammate's head, that has been disallowed by Floopay, and so you have yet to actually counter my points.

*sigh*

I posted scans of Blink teleporting people she can't see, a feat of her teleporting her team from earth to the moon, and opening portals in the ground. Thus she can teleport your team into the nerve gas.

None of the members of your team can react before the nerve gas hits them. None. It goes to their brain instantly, and they are being teleported into a cloud of it. At that point I can shoot them in the head, which will kill all of them (otherwise they'd violate the durability limit). I already made this point.

None of your members can exhibit a madness frequency while unconscious, either. I already made this point as well.

#95 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium:

She has teleported people within her vicinity. Never has she teleported anyone from across a city with a thought. That was my entire point. The scans you show have her opening portals for people next to her or throwing her javelins to teleport stuff. The scans are out of context, which tends to be the case when you grab them off respect threads for any character. Also, the respect thread you linked me to, show characters dodging her javelins and defeating her by just being quicker. If she could really just teleport people at will, she could have easily teleported everyone away from her, instead of needing to hit them with her javelins. Also, how would never gas affect Soul, who is in weapon form? He has no mouth. Also, the clowns don't breathe either. They are artificial constructs, not living beings.

@dratini1331 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: I've never seen ultear react fast enough to do that, though I would definately say hawkeye is basically useless here, except for some gases.

Mesmero should be able to defend mind rapage, and Maka holding off demonic waves, as I said, seems different form the normal form of TP. I also don't believe she can face deathstroke in H2H, that's just my opinion.

Also, I'm questioning whether medusa is considered allowed here. More to the point, what keeps her from taking a bullet to the head?

once again, just my opinion, so don't take it too seriously here.

Me and Floopay have already discussed the nature of how madness wavelength should be debated in this tournament. He said that instead of treating it like a soul attack, to just treat it like telepathy. Which means that Mesmero can defend against it. But my entire case was that I have several characters exhibiting madness wavelengths, not just one. Maka's weapons, Soul, can exhibit one and so can Medusa's two artificial clowns.

On to the point of Medusa's supposed invulnerability. I have shown scans of her surviving attacks which should be fatal to humans by slithering out of her vessel as a snake. Her snake is completely physically and can be assaulted and killed, which would kill Medusa. Essentially her soul becomes a snake and leaves the dead body she's inhabiting. I have already provided scans of her body being cut in half and having her head penetrated with a scythe. All she does is smile and says something. Later on, it shows that she survives as a snake and possesses a dog, then possesses a little girl to use. She's not some incorporeal ghost who can't die. I was merely using Shadow King as an example of someone who operates within a vessel and can escape the physical death of their bodies.

#96 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: My opinion. Also, isn't that why people are so concerned about medusa? Even more so, doesn't that make her a non-factor?

EDIT: *le sigh* I can never get gifs to work here.

#97 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: No, the scans show her opening portals under people and then them falling through...

As her range is to the moon and back, and she has teleported people from other locations to her location without her being in the vicinity or seeing them, and she can open portals in the ground and have people drop through them, well, you saying she can't do that to your team is like me saying Maka couldn't attack Blink because she's never attacked Blink before.

How is Soul supposed to be hurt then? How are the clowns supposed to be hurt?

And in that case, Medusa's out of the tournament! GREAT! Even better. Being cut in half is DEFINITELY outside the limits of durability! @floopay.

#98 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: My opinion. Also, isn't that why people are so concerned about medusa? Even more so, doesn't that make her a non-factor?

EDIT: *le sigh* I can never get gifs to work here.

I don't entirely get what you are trying to say? Are you saying that Medusa is too powerful, or that she is not that powerful? Also if you want gifs to work. All you need to do is drag the gif into the reply box, instead of uploading the image.

See :P

#99 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7030 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: No, the scans show her opening portals under people and then them falling through...

As her range is to the moon and back, and she has teleported people from other locations to her location without her being in the vicinity or seeing them, and she can open portals in the ground and have people drop through them, well, you saying she can't do that to your team is like me saying Maka couldn't attack Blink because she's never attacked Blink before.

How is Soul supposed to be hurt then? How are the clowns supposed to be hurt?

And in that case, Medusa's out of the tournament! GREAT! Even better. Being cut in half is DEFINITELY outside the limits of durability! @floopay.

Yes, Blink can open portals, for people in her immediate vicinity. I'm pretty sure Floopay said this as well. However, me and two other people don't agree with your assessment of her being able to just open portals in areas she has never been. While some of your scans do show this, it seems contradictory to the other scans you have posted as well. What is the point of throwing a teleporting javelin if she can just teleport her enemy away with a thought? The scans you do prove of her doing mass teleporting through portals are out of context, because it's one page out of several. Respect threads are notorious for either posting things out of context or giving the wrong context behind it, in order to make the character seem stronger than they are. While I'm not saying that you are doing that, but given that your scans come from a KMC respect thread, many of those scans don't post the full thing.

Onto the point of Soul. While he is very hard in weapon form, he can be hurt. Weapons, like anything else, can be broken by enough force. The Clowns can also be destroyed if you attack them with enough force.

#100 Edited by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: hurray! finally know how to get gifs!

Anyways, I'm trying to say that if she can just come back up almost indefinitely, then she's too powerful here. If she can only survive in snake mode, and has to until the end of the battle, she can be made a relative non-factor easily enough, unless she can do crazy stuff as a snake...