Fett's resistance v Zombie R 1 livinghorror vs beatboks1

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By beatboks1

The zombie virus has spread throughout Manhattan. S.H.I.E.L.D. has managed to keep the virus in Manhattan but the only cures out there are in Manhattan in various S.H.I.E.L.D. laboratories. There will be four teams consisting of four superheroes(or villains) each that S.H.I.E.L.D. will send in. The zombies also have four teams consisting of four superheroes (or villains) each that have been infected.

Resistance's Objective: Fight through the zombie super team to retrieve the cures.

Zombie's Team: Eat Resistance teams.

Resistance (living horror )

(Beast Boy-no changing into creatures with flight, no changing into creatures taller than 15 feet, Cyclops, Deadpool, Nightwing)

No Caption Provided
Wolverine & the X-Men #10
Wolverine & the X-Men #10
Deadpool #55
Deadpool #55
No Caption Provided

VS

Zombies (Me)

Shield, Cameron Hicks, Argus, Question-no invisibility

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Fight takes place here

No Caption Provided
starting 100 yards away from each other.
livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By livinghorror

First off, nice picture of Nightwing

Ok so we're in a construction site filled with a lot of different machines as well as that huge crane in the middle. For my strategy, the purpose of the heavy machinery is for cyclops to take cover behind them. I use beast boy to scout initially as a small mobile creature, afterwards bb and nightwing use their mobility and acrobatics respectively to lure the opponents into cyclops' blast range, or into a 2v1 situation with a surprising deadpool assault.

I dont know much about your guys, but I think question and Cameron are rather brain/intelligence reliant, so I'm guessing being zombified should weaken them. My real problem against your team is Shield, who is incredibly durable as it is, adding the zombie effect, should make taking him down even harder. But by isolating your zombies and picking them off one by one, and leaving shield left for dead should be enough to take him down.

This is my opener, correct any error I may have said. Take your time with your rebuttal if Needed!

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By beatboks1

Brief starter.

No one on team living horror really has what it takes ti take the Shield down, especially in a zombie state. His durability is that of Luke Cage, speed, strength and agility of Spiderman and when he does actually get's hurt he has a healing factor. A zombie Shield is the perfect shock trooper

Hick's marksmanship and his hyperkinesis will be particularly useful in this environment. He can fire off a salvo that with his ability to forsee movement and ricochet shots with perfect accuracy can keep the enemy busy from a distance. He can preject the trajectory of Cyclops blasts and dodge him all day long, it's doubtful anyone on the resistance team can do the same to his ability.

Argus will stick to the darkened construction sites in the rear where his shadow melding will make him near invisible (PLUS since he can see in the shadows he has a distinct advantage there). Since his healing factor is pretty close to Deadpoos he will have no rpoblem keeping up with all and any. His "Argus" vision also allows him to predict movement (both Hicks and Argus essentially can simulate Cass's body movement reading)

Finally with Vic's ability to "talk to the city" or the spirits of the area, the Zombies are going to know where the resistance is at all times. Have a rough idea of their strategy in advance and be on top of everything (even as mind numbed Zombies) Vic will make himslef appear to be one of the enemy team to get close enough to catch them by surprise

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nickthedevil

Uh, just got to say, me and my enemies already picked that spot.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JediWaffles

@nickthedevil: Isn't it pre-arranged?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By beatboks1

@livinghorror said:

First off, nice picture of Nightwing

Ok so we're in a construction site filled with a lot of different machines as well as that huge crane in the middle. For my strategy, the purpose of the heavy machinery is for cyclops to take cover behind them. I use beast boy to scout initially as a small mobile creature, afterwards bb and nightwing use their mobility and acrobatics respectively to lure the opponents into cyclops' blast range, or into a 2v1 situation with a surprising deadpool assault.

I dont know much about your guys, but I think question and Cameron are rather brain/intelligence reliant, so I'm guessing being zombified should weaken them. My real problem against your team is Shield, who is incredibly durable as it is, adding the zombie effect, should make taking him down even harder. But by isolating your zombies and picking them off one by one, and leaving shield left for dead should be enough to take him down.

This is my opener, correct any error I may have said. Take your time with your rebuttal if Needed!

The Zombie state will work in Hick's favor as I see it. His power works in reverse when stressed, since he cant be stressed in a mind numbed Zombie state he will be a reaction machine. His ability to ricochet of anything will mean that anyone taking cover will work for my team (hence Cyc is done for using that tact.

Vic was also questionably "lucid" in his Vietch upgrade (the version I chose). Because of this he is in a constant hallucinogenic state (the reason he can talk to spirits). the zombie state will also advantage him too because like Hicks he's basically instinctual (reason I chose them both).

Since courtesy of Vic's "spirits my guys will know where your guys are without a recon (like BB wil be doing) the odds of cathcing us in 2v1's is very small. Especially since Argus with his floroscopic and Xray (and every other level of radiation vision ) can see through walls, that's another reason it wont fly.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By nickthedevil

No. He said we had to agree with our opponents on battle setting.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beatboks1

@JediWaffles said:

@nickthedevil: Isn't it pre-arranged?

It's supposed to be first to pick. I could only find Sherlock and dedman's thread with the church (which was my first pick) when I posted. said first to post the thread with the site got the area. If you want to pick another I'll change OP (Church as I said is gone), not sure what's left.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beatboks1

@nickthedevil said:

No. He said we had to agree with our opponents on battle setting.

actually Fett's said

@Fetts said:

After that is done, somebody from their match will choose one of the four given locations. It's first grabs so pick a wise location that would suit your team best.

Btw, teams will be starting 100 yards away from each other. Good luck.

So if you've already posted the construction site. Sherlock the church and Jediwaffles the city I guess that means living horro and I are in the stadium

.@livinghorror: OP edited for only venue left. I'll look at any adjustments I need in strategy tomorrow (1am here, ok maybe today when I get up)

livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By livinghorror

First, with reference to Vic's "talk to the city" thing, Its not something a zombie would do, sure its one of his powers, but at best only he would be able to have this information, his ability to use the information, or pass it on is doubtful.

With regards to Argus and his shadows, the time of day is important to know how much of the shadow space he has for him to be optimal.Though his healing factor shows promise, I do question his actual durability against Optic blasts, or 100k volts of electricity

Now for one of the debatable characters, Cameron. His combat feats are demonstrated primarily (from what i saw) against well trained humans. Whether he can hold his own against metahumans (Nightwing has been able to) is what i want to know. With regards to his amazing mastery of trajectory, it has been seen many times Cyclops has been able to this with his own optic blasts. He has been also able to land a shot on the location Quicksilver (superhuman speed) was expected to be.

I would also like to know how far does this movement prediction (for both hicks and argus) is (the range). And whether it is based on instinct, or mental alertness and training.

As for shield, well a combined effort should be able to put him away, but i want to know how much he can withstand, because cyclops can focus his beam to a point where it has been said to go through a mountain (highly debatable as hyperbole)

livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By livinghorror

@beatboks1:

.@livinghorror: OP edited for only venue left. I'll look at any adjustments I need in strategy tomorrow (1am here, ok maybe today when I get up)

Lol the new venue changes a lot, open field makes it seem less strategic, and more of a "hit me with your best shot" sort of thing.

Take all the time you need my good man. Who decides who wins the fight by the way?

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sherlock

@livinghorror: I would assume its going to a be won by votes from your peers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By beatboks1

@livinghorror said:

First, with reference to Vic's "talk to the city" thing, Its not something a zombie would do, sure its one of his powers, but at best only he would be able to have this information, his ability to use the information, or pass it on is doubtful.

With regards to Argus and his shadows, the time of day is important to know how much of the shadow space he has for him to be optimal.Though his healing factor shows promise, I do question his actual durability against Optic blasts, or 100k volts of electricity

Now for one of the debatable characters, Cameron. His combat feats are demonstrated primarily (from what i saw) against well trained humans. Whether he can hold his own against metahumans (Nightwing has been able to) is what i want to know. With regards to his amazing mastery of trajectory, it has been seen many times Cyclops has been able to this with his own optic blasts. He has been also able to land a shot on the location Quicksilver (superhuman speed) was expected to be.

I would also like to know how far does this movement prediction (for both hicks and argus) is (the range). And whether it is based on instinct, or mental alertness and training.

As for shield, well a combined effort should be able to put him away, but i want to know how much he can withstand, because cyclops can focus his beam to a point where it has been said to go through a mountain (highly debatable as hyperbole)

As I already said Vic was a little out there (off with the fairies) to have the ability. His hallucinogenic gas is what gives him the ability. In a zombie state with less conscious mind he'll have a more direct line as it were. It will become more instinctual. If anything it should enhance his ability. No way is anyone getting out of his view as it were.

Hicks dodged bullets in the show, no street level meta is going to be faster than that so I don't see an issue. In his debut in the show he was brain washed (making his state similar to the zombie state here) and used as an assassin. In that state enhanced his ability so much that he shot his target who was in an interrogation room from outside the building. He fired from across a street into a vent so precisely that it ricocheted of the vent walls to the precise room where the interrogation was taking place and killing his target. This makes sense since his weakness as it were is getting stressed, when stressed his ability works in reverse and he looses motor skills. In a mind numbed zombie state Hicks will be able to take out your guy's from a distance quickly and easily. He'll easily dodge any distance attack used on him and can counter while dodging. Pietro let's face it can't predict where something is going to hit to dodge it, speed alone doesn't cut it.

For movement prediction Argus' vision allowed him see a potential accident that was about to happen and prevent it. It allows him to see the "truth" of things, break codes, see through puzzles or how things fit together, and track speedsters.

He also has enhanced strength, speed and agility (supposed to be by a factor of 5). His healing factor is such that when his eyes were gouged out they grew back. With the combination of his vision and other enhancements as well as his armor he will be very tough to take down. He has taken on super strong and well armored characters before, his vision also allows him to see the week points of anything

He has used his shadow ability to elude the Flash in open ground just near a tree line, so he can use it with minimal shadow. There should still be enough shadow in the bleachers for him to occasionally "get lost' and have his enemy looking for him. His real advantage will be his speed and agility combined with his predictive vision healing factor and armor.

In the clip I loaded of hicks you see him move to dodge a gun shot that hadn't even been fired because he predicted the shooters moves. He's also looked at an accident scene and been able to "see" exactly what happened in the accident based on the lay of everything. All these things for both of them were done with NO training. It's simply an ability that they have that they reacted to the first time and just did.

As for Shield, he's bullet proof can even withstand small explosions. Cyclops beams would put him down but he would heal. However since Cyc will be first defending against the amazing accuracy of hicks and likely focus on him first (biggest threat since he can take them down from a far) and they only start 100m away Shield will be on top of Cyc before he's had a chance to change his target.

Vic has agility that isn't far behind that of Dick and combat skills that even Shiva respects (though is still his better). plus even without his invisibility he can appear to be others (like say members of your team to get close) and has his calling card as misdirection. His pain tolerance even without being a zombie is up there with Frank Castle's (and he's almost as prepared to play hard ball as Frank- Superman chased him out of Metropolis because he doesn't approve of Vigilantes who kill the bad guy's)

Not changing my set up much cause really as Zombies we're not "strategizing" just reacting. Hicks will still come out shooting which since he'll make Bullseye look like an amateur will be a major threat. Cylcops is the only one who will be able to deal with Hicks from the distance that Hicks will deal with your team and Hicks can easily dodge while counter attacking. Shield will go in full on front assault, with his speed, strength, agility and durability it will take at least two (if not all three) of the rest of your team to be able to even slow him down. Since all my guy's save the one it will take a few of yours to deal with can react to anything your team does with greater precision and speed than they can do it there really is no way any of your team is taking mine down before being bitten and joining my side.

livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By livinghorror

Wow, that seems hard to deal with, but as far as I know dp and nightwing have been shown to dodge bullets, bb can shrink to a small animal (an insect perhaps) to be invisible to the naked eye at a 100y distance. But moreover, hicks is your main damage dealer, and he has good dodging capabilities to compensate for his lack of Durability. That means (seeing as its morals off) cyclops can rip his visors off from the get go and do serious damage to your team (hicks should go down) seeing as cyclops beam can cover a 90 ft cone diameter at best. With that range and force no one above street level could avoid that, nor could it be reflected, it can be withstood, but it's doubtful that hicks could survive it. The power of Vic shouldn't be of much help since my guys will be in plain sight from the start. And he should probably take sufficient damage from the beam. After being slightly incapacitated, dp should be able to teleport and strike fatally. Nightwing and bb can use their agility to distract and maybe get some damage in as well. Shield will be able to Survive, but for how long? Since the point of the zombies is to eat which will require getting close, so if they plan to rush in cyclops can keep the visorless blast going till they can get sent back or completely incapacitated. Running and hiding from The beams seem almost impossible. Even if they do survive, they are already at a clear disadvantage, giving an opening to my other guys. Even if they manage to Get a shot off, the blasts should be able to deflect the bullets. Visors off cyclops can put out a lot of power.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By beatboks1

@livinghorror said:

Wow, that seems hard to deal with, but as far as I know dp and nightwing have been shown to dodge bullets, bb can shrink to a small animal (an insect perhaps) to be invisible to the naked eye at a 100y distance. But moreover, hicks is your main damage dealer, and he has good dodging capabilities to compensate for his lack of Durability. That means (seeing as its morals off) cyclops can rip his visors off from the get go and do serious damage to your team (hicks should go down) seeing as cyclops beam can cover a 90 ft cone diameter at best. With that range and force no one above street level could avoid that, nor could it be reflected, it can be withstood, but it's doubtful that hicks could survive it. The power of Vic shouldn't be of much help since my guys will be in plain sight from the start. And he should probably take sufficient damage from the beam. After being slightly incapacitated, dp should be able to teleport and strike fatally. Nightwing and bb can use their agility to distract and maybe get some damage in as well. Shield will be able to Survive, but for how long? Since the point of the zombies is to eat which will require getting close, so if they plan to rush in cyclops can keep the visorless blast going till they can get sent back or completely incapacitated. Running and hiding from The beams seem almost impossible. Even if they do survive, they are already at a clear disadvantage, giving an opening to my other guys. Even if they manage to Get a shot off, the blasts should be able to deflect the bullets. Visors off cyclops can put out a lot of power.

Yes DP and Dick have dodged bullets, they aren't however enhanced speed so they like all street levelers who do so without sonic speed (exceptions for those with enhanced senses like DD who can track a bullet more accurately ) are actually dodging aim. Since Hicks "aim" is based on where you're going to be based on his hyperkinesis he'll be shooting where your going to be rather than where you are based on the movements he's read you doing. Just like in the clip he slid a book on the floor that would be directly under the escaping assailants foot at just the right time. You can't dodge what hasn't happened. Not that that matter much as Hick's focus will be on Scott. Gar can turn into the smallest animal he likes when up against Argus who can see on all radiation waves and Vic who can just "sense him, he's NOT getting under the radar as it were. All my guy's can deal damage quite well, hicks is just the one who can do so at a range. NO WHERE does it say morals off, I just reread the join up thread and the round one start thread and it doesn't say morals off anywhere. If it doesn't state it than all characters will act in character (or as you'd expect them to act when Zombified) Scott will not be going all out trying to kill guy's that are heroes (and since Dick will know at least a few of these are, he will know). As far as he knows these guy's are affected by a virus that there is a cure for (the reason they're fighting). So sorry but he wont be going all destruction max wide dispersal beam, visor off. So none of my team are going down as quickly as you'd like to believe. DP can use his teleporter (I certainly hope he does) because Argus will see whatever wavelength is generated by his coming out of it and he'll be attacked and bitten before he's known what happens. Since Argus' healing factor is about the same as DP's and with his other enhancements (and his effective movement reading which won't be useless against DP the way Mr X's is because it's not TP related) he should be able to take DP down. Vic will see and track BB as an ant or whatever and when BB sees him he'll be seeing an ally courtesy of his illusion/chameleon ability, so will also be struck down unsuspecting (Gar has no great reaction feats and he's quite trusting by nature). This will leave Scot still trying to defend against Hicks gun fire, while Shield closes the gap very quickly with his impressive speed and agility. If Dick try's to engage him he'll be no match for his speed strength, agility and endurance and will be down quick (third member bitten. That will leave Scott facing all my team and he get's bitten. Game over.

@Fetts: Can you confirm or deny if this tourney is morals off.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediWaffles

@beatboks1: Fetts has earlier specified that it is morals off. Reread the original thread.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beatboks1

@JediWaffles:

OK don't know how I missed that BOTH times I re read it tonight.

that being the case I'm skrewed and done.

Livinghorror wins

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JediWaffles
Rules:
-You may only use street levelers. They can be from any universe.
-Morals off for both teams.
-Street levelers only.
-No Midnighter or Prometheus.
-Nobody with physical agility/speed superior to Spider-Man's.
-Nobody with strength/durability superior to Luke Cage's.
-Nobody with energy manipulation superior to Cyclops'.
-Nobody with a healing factor superior to Deadpool's.
-Nobody with TP or any type of other mind trickery. If you really wish, you may use telepaths and the like for other abilities and/or telepathy for communication.
-Nobody with TK.
-No magic users.
-Nobody with flight.
-No precognition.
-Teleporters may be allowed but there will be no tele-dismembering.
-Characters with pheromones will be allowed so long as they don't use their pheromones.
-No anime characters.
-For characters who uses weapons regularly or who master a certain weapon, they may give a custom arsenal to that character so long as it fits the rules.
-Unlimited ammo for guns but characters will have to reload.
-No weapons that could solo.
-I get the final say in who can go.

It's literally like at the very start of the thread. I question your reading skills lol.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JediWaffles

@beatboks1: Cyclops visors off is pretty gay. I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet, though. There could be something else you could do.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By beatboks1

@JediWaffles said:

Rules:
-You may only use street levelers. They can be from any universe.
-Morals off for both teams.
-Street levelers only.
-No Midnighter or Prometheus.
-Nobody with physical agility/speed superior to Spider-Man's.
-Nobody with strength/durability superior to Luke Cage's.
-Nobody with energy manipulation superior to Cyclops'.
-Nobody with a healing factor superior to Deadpool's.
-Nobody with TP or any type of other mind trickery. If you really wish, you may use telepaths and the like for other abilities and/or telepathy for communication.
-Nobody with TK.
-No magic users.
-Nobody with flight.
-No precognition.
-Teleporters may be allowed but there will be no tele-dismembering.
-Characters with pheromones will be allowed so long as they don't use their pheromones.
-No anime characters.
-For characters who uses weapons regularly or who master a certain weapon, they may give a custom arsenal to that character so long as it fits the rules.
-Unlimited ammo for guns but characters will have to reload.
-No weapons that could solo.
-I get the final say in who can go.

It's literally like at the very start of the thread. I question your reading skills lol.

Well when I first read the thread it was on my Iphone at work in a break. every other tie has been at around midnight after a 10 to 12 hour work day after 4 or 5 hours sleep before. Anyhow i picked pretty poorly because I didn't read and am dead.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JediWaffles

@beatboks1: I can only hope my opponents react in a similar manner haha.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By beatboks1

@JediWaffles: without using intellect (which I don't have) there's no real way to counter a wide all out blast of Scott's. If I'd read properly I'd have probably included a teleporter, energy manipulator or some such to counter. I didn't. basically seconds I I'm only going to have two team member s left alive (only because of durability and healing) and they be out to it. By the time they recover there's no way to prevent my enemy from achieving objective. Winning a tourney is as much about picking the right team as the actual battles. normally I do it better. This time it's a colossal fail. take the good with the bad.

livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By livinghorror

Thanks for the match! I guess it wasn't all that great since you missed a very important detail. I'll admit my picks weren't too great, but I did have the morals off stipulation in mind when I selected cyclops. I did learn a lot from you however

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By beatboks1

@livinghorror: No prob, good luck with the rest of the tourney. I'll try to read more thoroughly next time ;D