#1 Edited by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio

 

Fellowship of the Rings

Scenario: You, yes YOU, are charged with the great responsibility of carrying the one ring to it's unmaking in the flames of Mount Doom. You, carrying the ring, must depart from your haven in Rivendell, cross the dangerous wilds of Middle Earth, breach the borders of Mordor, climb the treacherous slopes of Mount Doom, and cast the ring into the fiery abyss. Luckily for you, you don't need to do it alone. A group of companions have volunteered to guide and protect you on your perilous journey. They are representatives of the comic street leveler community, and together you form the Fellowship of the Ring. There are 9 members of the fellowship. You of course take up the first slot, and Gandalf has offered his guidance as the second member of your group. This is where it gets fun. That leaves 7 slots left to fill, and you may choose whomever you like to form your Fellowship, so long as they fulfill all rules and regulations. Choose wisely. These are the characters that you are entrusting your life and mission to, who will you choose?
 
Also make sure to explain why you chose each character, what role they play on your team, and what your strategy is for victory. Remember that Sauron will stop at nothing to regain the ring and his forces and spies are swarming Middle Earth.


Rules:

  • All characters MUST be street level. Any questions ask me.

  • Midnighter, Karate Kid, Iron Fist, and like characters are not allowed.

  • Teammates MAY NOT carry you or the ring. You must make the trip under your own power.

  • Telepathy, magic, matter/element/reality manip. Are not allowed.

  • Anyone with durability greater than Rhino is not allowed.

  • Strength greater than 25 tons is not allowed.

  • Speedsters that can maintain their speed more than a burst are not allowed.

  • No prep time is afforded before setting out.
  • Characters may only carry standard gear. Ask if you have a question.
  • Must have at least ONE representative from (Marvel, DC, Video Games, Other)

  • Any fictional character is allowed as long as they are within the rules.

  • Characters that use ammo will never run out. (They still need to reload).

  • You will not feel the actual effect of the ring wearing you down, burdening you.
  • Ring will not effect team members. (They won't try and take it from you.)
  • For all intents and purposes elven bread and water will always be available.
  • Characters may be hero or villain, however character morals and personality do come into effect. All characters are in character. You should try to make your team as cohesive a unit as possible if you hope to succeed.
  • Sauron's forces are endless.

 
Setting:


  Starting point Green X (Rivendell). Endpoint Red X (Mount Doom)
 

RULE OF THUMB: IF A CHARACTER COULD EASILY DEFEAT SPIDER-MAN THEY ARE TOO POWERFUL
#2 Edited by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
  • daredevil]
  • wild cat
  • batman
  • deadpool
  • wolverine
  • deadshot
  • deathstroke
#3 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio

You get two more.

#4 Posted by lagoon_boy (10951 posts) - - Show Bio
fixed
#5 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio

You need at least one character from a video game, and at least one character from anything else that is not DC/Marvel. It can be other comic publishers, movies, boooks, whatever.

#6 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Dark Hawk
  • Moon Knight
  • Demo Goblin
  • Slade
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Commander Data
  • Warf
  • 7 of 9
  • Spock
  • Venom
  • Gaara
#7 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Perfect Cell said:
"
  • Dark Hawk
  • Moon Knight
  • Demo Goblin
  • Slade
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Commander Data
  • Warf
  • 7 of 9
  • Spock
  • Venom
  • Gaara
"
Why are there 11?
#8 Edited by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

whats going on in this thread again? I am confused a little.

#9 Edited by Fresh Prince (4975 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil
Deadpool
Spiderman
Wolverine
Dick Grayson
Legolas
Sora

#10 Edited by TheGuy (595 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Myself
  2. Gandalf
  3. Cassandra Cain ( If nshe counts as "of the like") Then good 'ol Bats
  4. Captain America
  5. Spidey (I forget his Strength class, its probably over 25; and if so then Black Tarantula)
  6. Hourman (Is time restricted Super Stength ok?) If not, then Green Arrow
  7. Deadshot (I like the Secret Six what can I say? Not to mention I needed a badass on the team)
  8. Kenshiro
  9. Leon S. Kennedy
  10. Ryu Hayabusa
#11 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" @Perfect Cell said:
"
  • Dark Hawk
  • Moon Knight
  • Demo Goblin
  • Slade
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Commander Data
  • Warf
  • 7 of 9
  • Spock
  • Venom
  • Gaara
"
Why are there 11? "
Because 4 of them are going to die and be replaced. lol
#12 Posted by TheGuy (595 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDrifter: Etrigan is way beyond 25 tons man, Cold's got way to many functions with that damn gun of his. Figure it like this, if the guy regularly can hang with superpowered people, he's too damn strong.
#13 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a team for example.  ( Note this is not my actual team)
 
1. Me
2. Gandalf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. DC - Batgirl (Cassie Cain)
4. Marvel - X-23
5. Video Game - Link
6. Other - Snake -Eyes
7. Batman
8. Boba Fett
9. Legolas

#14 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDrifter said:
" Penance Swordsman  Moon Knight (classic) Etrigan Captain Cold  Kirby  Venom "
Did'nt know if I needed to edit my team since Etrigan is magic
#15 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

this would be good as a fanfic or RPG

#16 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGuy said:
" @TheDrifter: Etrigan is way beyond 25 tons man, Cold's got way to many functions with that damn gun of his. Figure it like this, if the guy regularly can hang with superpowered people, he's too damn strong. "
Did'nt see the rule of 25 tons till this.
#17 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Perfect Cell:  There are no replacements. A team member dies, you are down 1. team member.
 
@TheGuy:
I agree with Etrigan he is not allowed, Cold I may allow, let me think about it.
 
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE RULES, AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR REPLYING.
#18 Edited by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Me (Perfect Cell)
2. Gandalf the Red (AKA Magneto)
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. DC - Salde
4. Marvel - Moon Knight
5. Video Game - Solid Snake (Bandanna/On)
6. Other - Yamcha (DB series - Not "Z")
7. Dante (DMC)
8. Darth Vader
9. The One (Jet Li)
#19 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wisppeons said:
" this would be good as a fanfic or RPG "
tHIS IS JUST LIKE THE RECENT nEW kRYPTON AND aSGARD iNVASION THREADS. 
 
You take Frodo's place as the ring bearer. You make a team to protect and aid you in your quest to destroy the ring.
#20 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" @Perfect Cell:  There are no replacements. A team member dies, you are down 1. team member.
 
@TheGuy: I agree with Etrigan he is not allowed
What of Dante from Devil May Cry?
#21 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" @Wisppeons said:
" this would be good as a fanfic or RPG "
tHIS IS JUST LIKE THE RECENT nEW kRYPTON AND aSGARD iNVASION THREADS.   You take Frodo's place as the ring bearer. You make a team to protect and aid you in your quest to destroy the ring. "
haven't seen those
#22 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDrifter said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Perfect Cell:  There are no replacements. A team member dies, you are down 1. team member.
 
@TheGuy: I agree with Etrigan he is not allowed
What of Dante from Devil May Cry? "
Devil Trigger/Off maybe.
#23 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Perfect Cell said:
" @TheDrifter said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Perfect Cell:  There are no replacements. A team member dies, you are down 1. team member.
 
@TheGuy: I agree with Etrigan he is not allowed
What of Dante from Devil May Cry? "
Devil Trigger/Off maybe. "
That and Quicksilver turned off.
#24 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDrifter said:
" @Perfect Cell said:
" @TheDrifter said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Perfect Cell:  There are no replacements. A team member dies, you are down 1. team member.
 
@TheGuy: I agree with Etrigan he is not allowed
What of Dante from Devil May Cry? "
Devil Trigger/Off maybe. "
That and Quicksilver turned off. "
So, Doppelganger, Swordsmaster, GunSlinger, and Trickster on and full.
#25 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Myself
  2. Gandalf
  3. Batman
  4. Wolverine
  5. Megaman X
  6. Master Chief
  7. Kraven
  8. Spider-Man
  9. Dwarf
#26 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Perfect Cell said:
" @TheDrifter said:
" @Perfect Cell said:
" @TheDrifter said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Perfect Cell:  There are no replacements. A team member dies, you are down 1. team member.
 
@TheGuy: I agree with Etrigan he is not allowed
What of Dante from Devil May Cry? "
Devil Trigger/Off maybe. "
That and Quicksilver turned off. "
So, Doppelganger, Swordsmaster, GunSlinger, and Trickster on and full. "
sounds fair.
#27 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio

OK.
 
A lot of people don't seem to understand street level.
 
Street level is someone like Batman, or Daredevil. Someone who doesn't have powers, or someone whose powers aren't that powerful.
 
Punisher, Wolverine, Green Arrow, Moon Knight, Captain America, Nightwing....these are all great examples of street level.
 
 For video games since street level is not so clearly defined I would say how does your character stack up against Spider-Man? If they could easily defeat Spider-Man then they are too powerful.

#28 Posted by Espada (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Game: Prince of Persia
2) Marvel: Sage
3) DC: Red Arrow
4) Other: Ramayan
5) Aragorn
6) Shang-Chi
7) Tarantula
 
This is a tentative list using people I don't usually use.

#29 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

after the characters are picked what next?

#30 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:

So how's my team looking now?
#31 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Espada said:
" 1) Game: Prince of Persia 2) Marvel: Sage 3) DC: Red Arrow 4) Other: Ramayan 5) Aragorn 6) Shang-Chi 7) Tarantula  This is a tentative list using people I don't usually use. "
Ahh a good list. As far as I know none of the rules are broken.
 
Who is Sage?
#32 Posted by Espada (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" @Espada said:
" 1) Game: Prince of Persia 2) Marvel: Sage 3) DC: Red Arrow 4) Other: Ramayan 5) Aragorn 6) Shang-Chi 7) Tarantula  This is a tentative list using people I don't usually use. "
Ahh a good list. As far as I know none of the rules are broken.  Who is Sage? "
Sage
 
From X-Men and Excalibur. She has a computer like mind and the ability to activate or advance a mutant gene in others.
#33 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wisppeons said:
" after the characters are picked what next? "
People debate whether your team could do it or not.
#34 Edited by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDrifter said:

" @Lunacyde said:


So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly?
Other than that your team looks great.
#35 Posted by TheGuy (595 posts) - - Show Bio
@Espada: I actually didn't want to use Shang chi since he could take a punch from Heroim of the Warbound.
#36 Posted by Espada (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGuy said:
" @Espada: I actually didn't want to use Shang chi since he could take a punch from Heroim of the Warbound. "
He could barely walk afterwards, though. 
 
@Lunacyde said:
" @TheDrifter said:

" @Lunacyde said:


So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? Other than that your team looks great. "
He could kill Superman even without the DT, imo
#37 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Me (Perfect Cell)
2. Gandalf the Red (AKA Magneto)
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. DC - Beast Boy
4. Marvel - Dark Hawk (Top Tier Street Leveler)
5. Video Game - M. Bision
6. Other - Shang Tsung
7. Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China)
8. Spiral (X-Men/X-Force)
9. Liquid T-1000 (T2)
#38 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" @TheDrifter said:
" @Lunacyde said:

So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? "

hes pretty strong I would say around street level if you take away some of his moves I.E quick silver which enables him to stop time and his devil trigger whic increases his attributes.
#39 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:

" @TheDrifter said:

" @Lunacyde said:


So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? "
Well he's a Half Demon/Half Human hybrid.
 
Here's a feat of him Vs a few Demon Frogs
 
#40 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Perfect Cell said:
" 1. Me (Perfect Cell)
2. Gandalf the Red (AKA Magneto)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. DC - Beast Boy
4. Marvel - Dark Hawk (Top Tier Street Leveler)
5. Video Game - M. Bision
6. Other - Shang Tsung7. Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China)8. Spiral (X-Men/X-Force)9. Liquid T-1000 (T2) "
Those will work. However any magical abilities Shang Tsung has he cannot use as magic is not allowed (except for Gandalf)
#41 Posted by Espada (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wisppeons said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @TheDrifter said:
" @Lunacyde said:

So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? "
hes pretty strong I would say around street level if you take away some of his moves I.E quick silver which enables him to stop time and his devil trigger whic increases his attributes. "
He kills high-power demons with a hand-gun. From what I saw in Devil May Cry 4 he is way above street level.
#42 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Espada said:
" @TheGuy said:
" @Espada: I actually didn't want to use Shang chi since he could take a punch from Heroim of the Warbound. "
He could barely walk afterwards, though. 
 
@Lunacyde said:
" @TheDrifter said:

" @Lunacyde said:


So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? Other than that your team looks great. "
He could kill Superman even without the DT, imo "

dante can't kill superman -_-
#43 Posted by Lunacyde (17628 posts) - - Show Bio

If Dante can pose a threat to Superman, then he is WAY too powerful.

#44 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Perfect Cell said:
" 1. Me (Perfect Cell)
2. Gandalf the Red (AKA Magneto)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. DC - Beast Boy
4. Marvel - Dark Hawk (Top Tier Street Leveler)
5. Video Game - M. Bision
6. Other - Shang Tsung7. Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China)8. Spiral (X-Men/X-Force)9. Liquid T-1000 (T2) "
This team can do it because:
  • Gandalf the Red is able to deflected and control all sorts of metals
  • Beast Boy is hella tough
  • Dark Hawk is pure strength and he can fly
  • M.Bison teleportation and Pyscho Crusher is unstoppible but not unblockable lol
  • Shang Tsung takes souls (after he beats them dead)
  • Jack Burton is comedy relief but accountable of distraction and damage
  • Spiral can teleport and has six arms with recommended fighting abilities
#45 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Espada said:
" @Wisppeons said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @TheDrifter said:
" @Lunacyde said:

So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? "
hes pretty strong I would say around street level if you take away some of his moves I.E quick silver which enables him to stop time and his devil trigger whic increases his attributes. "
He kills high-power demons with a hand-gun. From what I saw in Devil May Cry 4 he is way above street level. "
he isn't way above street level to me he is exactly like spiderman minus the webbing.
#46 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
@Espada said:
@Lunacyde said:
" @TheDrifter said:

" @Lunacyde said:


So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? Other than that your team looks great. "
He could kill Superman even without the DT, imo "
If he had Quicksilver then yeah, but I don't see him doing it without either of them. 
 
Anyway, I'll see if I can come up with a better char for this situation.
#47 Posted by Espada (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wisppeons said:
" @Espada said:
" @TheGuy said:
" @Espada: I actually didn't want to use Shang chi since he could take a punch from Heroim of the Warbound. "
He could barely walk afterwards, though. 
 
@Lunacyde said:
" @TheDrifter said:

" @Lunacyde said:


So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? Other than that your team looks great. "
He could kill Superman even without the DT, imo "
dante can't kill superman -_- "
That's my opinion. His demonic origin, if nothing else, gives him and edge.
#48 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" If Dante can pose a threat to Superman, then he is WAY too powerful. "
hes no threat to supes
#49 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lunacyde said:
" @Perfect Cell said:
" 1. Me (Perfect Cell)
2. Gandalf the Red (AKA Magneto)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. DC - Beast Boy
4. Marvel - Dark Hawk (Top Tier Street Leveler)
5. Video Game - M. Bision
6. Other - Shang Tsung7. Jack Burton (Big Trouble in Little China)8. Spiral (X-Men/X-Force)9. Liquid T-1000 (T2) "
Those will work. However any magical abilities Shang Tsung has he cannot use as magic is not allowed (except for Gandalf) "
Ok... well... Sub Zero would work right?
#50 Posted by Espada (1815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wisppeons said:
" @Espada said:
" @Wisppeons said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @TheDrifter said:
" @Lunacyde said:

So how's my team looking now? "
How powerful is Dante exactly? "
hes pretty strong I would say around street level if you take away some of his moves I.E quick silver which enables him to stop time and his devil trigger whic increases his attributes. "
He kills high-power demons with a hand-gun. From what I saw in Devil May Cry 4 he is way above street level. "
he isn't way above street level to me he is exactly like spiderman minus the webbing. "
I think that's way off. Even without Quicksilver he was able to move faster than a bolt of lightning, and he was strong enough to support the weight of a statue that looks like it weighed close the one hundred tons, if not more.