OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OptimusPalm

Gandalf , Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas,
Gimli (standard equipment for all, as seen in the films)

VS

Scarlet Witch, Captain America, Black Widow, Iron Fist, Hawkeye (Black Widow has no guns, no explosives, no bracelets, just two knives and a sword. Hawkeye just has regular arrows)

Scarlet Witch and Gandalf CANNOT directly harm any members of the opposing team. They are strictly in this fight to help defend their team mates and to try to nullify the others spells/hexes/magic. Neither of them HAVE to be taken out for the other team to win. (so as soon as the other four go down its over)

Round 1 

Morals on 
Win by KO 
Fight takes place in Rohan 
Teams start 500m away from each other 
Gandalf the Grey 

Round 2 

Morals off 
Win by death only 
Fight takes place on a Hellicarrier 
Teams start either end of the Hellicarrier 
Gandalf the White 

GO!

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By progenitorigin

1.) The Fellowship. 
2.) Avengers. 

I see morals as giving the Fellowship an advantage--since they're all so versatile, and most of their morals are not killing unless being instigated to do so, so you could say the Fellowship don't have morals, although they still do.
OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OptimusPalm
@progenitor
I see what you're saying. I guess they live their lives by oaths and loyalty rather than actual morals. But for this fight we'll say that their oaths and loyalty counts as their morals. If that makes sense?
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By progenitorigin
@OptimusPalm said:
@progenitor: I see what you're saying. I guess they live their lives by oaths and loyalty rather than actual morals. But for this fight we'll say that their oaths and loyalty counts as their morals. If that makes sense?

LOL, it's hard to try and explain, isn't it? I've heard some pretty insane things about current Iron Fist, so if he's as powerful as i've heard, the Fellowship would be at a serious disadvantage.  Otherwise? The Avengers would still have an advantage in that people like Cap, Hawkeye, and Iron Fist all know H2H techniques pretty foreign to any swordsman.  I think people like Boromir would be at a serious disadvantage, although, Boromir still has some mad skills.  Aragorn, Gandalf, and Legolas would be the advantage for The Fellowship, due to Legolas being an elf, he would be able to move faster than any of his opponents, and his skill with the blades and the bow would also be something to behold, which is why I think that without morals, Legolas could actually do some killing, I think he'd put Hawkeye to shame as far as skills with a bow and arrow go.
OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OptimusPalm
@progenitor said:
@OptimusPalm said:
@progenitor: I see what you're saying. I guess they live their lives by oaths and loyalty rather than actual morals. But for this fight we'll say that their oaths and loyalty counts as their morals. If that makes sense?
LOL, it's hard to try and explain, isn't it? I've heard some pretty insane things about current Iron Fist, so if he's as powerful as i've heard, the Fellowship would be at a serious disadvantage.  Otherwise? The Avengers would still have an advantage in that people like Cap, Hawkeye, and Iron Fist all know H2H techniques pretty foreign to any swordsman.  I think people like Boromir would be at a serious disadvantage, although, Boromir still has some mad skills.  Aragorn, Gandalf, and Legolas would be the advantage for The Fellowship, due to Legolas being an elf, he would be able to move faster than any of his opponents, and his skill with the blades and the bow would also be something to behold, which is why I think that without morals, Legolas could actually do some killing, I think he'd put Hawkeye to shame as far as skills with a bow and arrow go.

I agree. There was actually a Legolas vs Hawkeye thread a few weeks ago where the OP said Hawkeye had his standard equipment, including trick arrows (if i remember correctly) and i still thought Legolas would win. I took away the trick arrows from Hawkeye for this thread because Boromir and Aragorn could go down easy if they were hit. 

And i think Gimli's height, strength, durability and unorthodox fighting style could cause a few problems for the Avengers in close combat.