#1 Edited by MasterAction (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off, fight to the death- Takes place on Pelennor Fields- No prep for anyone- All characters in their most powerful incarnations- All 9 members of the Fellowship of the Ring, book versions- If you think someone easily wins, eg Gandalf, then just rank the 9 in order of who you think are the best, Laurcus' post is a good example

#2 Edited by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Gandalf

Merry

Aragorn

Gimli

Legolas

Pippin

Boromir

Sam

Frodo

Gandalf kills everyone easily because he's basically a lesser god. Merry is the next best by far. At this point everyone is freaking out at me about to tell me how useless Hobbits are and how Aragorn/Legolas/Gimli are a bazillion times better and can crap lightning. No. Merry is clearly shown to be physically superior to anyone else in the Fellowship, (Gandalf doesn't count) in Return of the King. In the Battle at the Black Gate Aragorn fights a Black Troll and it would have killed him except Merry jumps on it and kills it in one blow. Then he jumps down and beheads an Uruk Hai captain in one hit. Hobbits are more agile than Men, and the entwash has increased Merry's physical attributes beyond the norm for any of the races of Middle Earth. He's stronger than a Man and faster/more agile than a typical Hobbit, possibly even an Elf. Pippin is likely on the same level as Merry, but the books never describe him doing anything in combat situations, so he doesn't have the same feats as Merry.

Gimli is shown to be superior to Legolas in actual combat. In the Battle of Helm's Deep they have a contest to see who can kill more enemies, and even with the early advantage that Legolas got before the Uruks made it up the wall, Gimli still won.

The other 4 members of the Fellowship kind of suck. Boromir's best feat is killing some Uruks before he dies. Even with Pippin's lack of feats, I'm willing to bet his physical stats let him take most fights over a fighter like Boromir. Sam is kind of awesome, and it's fairly impressive that he kills some Orcs when trying to rescue Frodo, but there's nothing there to suggest that Sam is any kind of great warrior. Frodo never does anything useful in combat, so he takes dead last.

Edit: Am I on drugs, or was the OP significantly different before I posted this?

Team 1 > team 3 > team 4 > team 2.

#3 Posted by MasterAction (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry guys, I've been changing the OP round because of confusion but I'm gunna stick with my original one now. No changes

#4 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus: No merry is no where near the top...

Gandalf

Legolas

Aragorn

Gimli

Boromir

Sam

Merry

Frodo

Pippen

Gandalf's power is too great for anyone to compete with him so he is at #1. In overal combat, Aragorn and Gimli are better than Legolas, I put legolas at #2 just because I don't know if anyone could get close to him if he was really trying with his bow. Up close I would put Aragorn and Gimli ahead of him. As good as Boromir is, it is hard to compete with Aragorn, legolas and Gimli so he is 5th by default. Sam is by far the best hobbit, so he gets #6. The rest of the hobbits could be switched around depending on what feats you like more. Each have killed a few orcs and what not, overall not impressive.

#5 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraSuperTrooper said:

@Laurcus: No merry is no where near the top...

Gandalf

Legolas

Aragorn

Gimli

Boromir

Sam

Merry

Frodo

Pippen

Gandalf's power is too great for anyone to compete with him so he is at #1. In overal combat, Aragorn and Gimli are better than Legolas, I put legolas at #2 just because I don't know if anyone could get close to him if he was really trying with his bow. Up close I would put Aragorn and Gimli ahead of him. As good as Boromir is, it is hard to compete with Aragorn, legolas and Gimli so he is 5th by default. Sam is by far the best hobbit, so he gets #6. The rest of the hobbits could be switched around depending on what feats you like more. Each have killed a few orcs and what not, overall not impressive.

Merry kills a Troll in one hit. A Troll that swatted Aragorn aside like a bug. Aragorn would have died if Merry didn't go total boss mode at the Black Gate. He's not a normal Hobbit due to drinking large amounts of the Entwash.

#6 Posted by UltraSuperTrooper (676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus: ahh crap my mistake i was going by movie versions lol

#7 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltraSuperTrooper said:

@Laurcus: ahh crap my mistake i was going by movie versions lol

It's cool.