#201 Posted by New_World_Order (13893 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@thundergodswrath: Is he dying from the nuke or something else?

The nuke blew up a large portion of the city, and Luke Cage was hit point blank. I'm going to read Age Of Ultron #5 right now, and my guess is he's going to die. Well actually pretty much every issue at least one character died.

#202 Posted by HigorM (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

nice thread

Online
#203 Posted by celtic (821 posts) - - Show Bio

can somebody point out the scan where Superman was trying to save a bunch of people (they had bags over their heads and were going to get executed by a lizard with a machine gun) it was in a desert and superman was flying trying to save them but failed

is this cannon if so which comic?

#204 Posted by Killemall (18761 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic: Yes its canon

Superman Vol 2 207

#205 Posted by celtic (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic: Yes its canon

Superman Vol 2 207

how fast were those bullets moving, were those regular bullets?

because I keep seeing people say Superman can move at FTL speeds, I'm wondering how'd he fail to save them?

was he handi capped or in a weakened sate?

#206 Edited by Killemall (18761 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic: Apart from new 52, as far as post crisis ... pre-flashpoint is concerned, there are very few instance that , to some extent, show he is FTL for travel purpose, there is 1 in particular where he alongside with Wonder Woman flies close to the sun and back in a short time.

Consistent potrayal has been than Superman is NOT FLT, at least not for combat purpose.

And no neither Superman was weakened , nor was there anything special about those bullets.

#207 Edited by celtic (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: so he isn't faster than a speed bullet xD?

#208 Posted by Killemall (18761 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic said:

@killemall: so he isn't faster than a speed bullet xD?

He should be much much faster than speeding bullet, that particular scenario is a low showing.

#209 Posted by celtic (821 posts) - - Show Bio
#210 Posted by laflux (21299 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic said:

@killemall: so PIS or WIS?

Low showing, PIS and WIS stupidity are interchangeable.

Think of it this way. Superman can fly FTL, but can't fight at FTL speeds.

#211 Posted by celtic (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: but he wasn't necessarily fighting he was moving to save them no?, I remember a scene in new 52 Superman captures a whole bunch of people falling from sky scrapers in moments.

#212 Posted by laflux (21299 posts) - - Show Bio

@celtic said:

@laflux: but he wasn't necessarily fighting he was moving to save them no?, I remember a scene in new 52 Superman captures a whole bunch of people falling from sky scrapers in moments.

Yeah I said the bullet scene is a low showing. The Skyscraper scene is alot better, but still is Hypersonic at best.

#213 Edited by MonsterStomp (25399 posts) - - Show Bio

So apparently Captain America dodged something comparable to a mini nuke. Is there any proof to this?

Online
#214 Edited by dondave (40122 posts) - - Show Bio
#215 Posted by MonsterStomp (25399 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: If I knew that I wouldn't be asking haha.

He mentioned something about Uncanny Avengers. I'm no "know it all" on Marvel so if that is confusing in any way, I'll understand.

Online
#216 Posted by jashro44 (30287 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have scans from nightwing #0 of the fight between shiva vs batman & robin?

Online
#217 Posted by Sovereign91001 (5854 posts) - - Show Bio
#218 Posted by jashro44 (30287 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#219 Edited by Sovereign91001 (5854 posts) - - Show Bio
#220 Posted by HigorM (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay@killemall help me out with this one would'ya?

I´ve always seen this particular fight (feat) of Hulk a big PIS but a lot of people consider it as being legit..

The feat is legit or someone here agree with me that the fight result should have gone into a whole different direction?

This is the Hulk vs Gladiator fight:

Online
#221 Edited by Floopay (9133 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

@floopay@killemall help me out with this one would'ya?

I´ve always seen this particular fight (feat) of Hulk a big PIS but a lot of people consider it as being legit..

The feat is legit or someone here agree with me that the fight result should have gone into a whole different direction?

This is the Hulk vs Gladiator fight:

Pretty sure a scan or two might be missing there. Killemall knows powerhouses much better than I do, but I am almost positive the Hulk knocked him into a nuclear reactor or something.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Online
#222 Posted by HigorM (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: I don´t have more scans from the fight, I thought that was completed..

But what do you think about the fight?

Online
#223 Posted by Pierpat (4522 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have the "flash phasing thru a bullet he did not see in the moment it touches his skin"?

#224 Posted by Floopay (9133 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

@floopay: I don´t have more scans from the fight, I thought that was completed..

But what do you think about the fight?

Pretty sure Gladiator got knocked into a nuclear reactor.

Realistically....Gladiator SHOULD win because he is on par with, if not faster than, Superman. If he fought smart he would destroy the Hulk. Where the Hulk gets stronger, Gladiator is already a moon-busting+ level character with his fists. He should be able to KO the Hulk with a series of punches before he even realizes they are in a fight.

A lot of the hyped up Hulk fights are from him fighting someone who is either fighting like an idiot, or is handicapped in some way.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Online
#225 Posted by Chibi_cute (5063 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman and ghost rider lifting thor's hammer?

Dr doom getting owned by squirrels

#226 Posted by HigorM (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@higorm said:

@floopay: I don´t have more scans from the fight, I thought that was completed..

But what do you think about the fight?

Pretty sure Gladiator got knocked into a nuclear reactor.

Realistically....Gladiator SHOULD win because he is on par with, if not faster than, Superman. If he fought smart he would destroy the Hulk. Where the Hulk gets stronger, Gladiator is already a moon-busting+ level character with his fists. He should be able to KO the Hulk with a series of punches before he even realizes they are in a fight.

A lot of the hyped up Hulk fights are from him fighting someone who is either fighting like an idiot, or is handicapped in some way.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree, Hulk shouldn´t be able to tag him, and also for me the most dumb part was when Gladiator manage to take him flying away from the Earth living Hulk arms free to land any hit he wanted.. The heat vision part was even worse..

Online
#227 Posted by HigorM (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone show me how good is Spider-Man healing factor?

Online
#228 Posted by TheSuperHuman (992 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly thought the title of this thread said "Fat Chick." I was all, "Hell yeah!" Then as I looked inside, I was all, "Awe, no."

#229 Edited by jashro44 (30287 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#230 Edited by HigorM (6217 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#231 Posted by jashro44 (30287 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#232 Edited by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat said:

Does anyone have the "flash phasing thru a bullet he did not see in the moment it touches his skin"?

#233 Edited by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat said:

Does anyone have the "flash phasing thru a bullet he did not see in the moment it touches his skin"?

CalebHara posted the New-52 Barry Allen doing it above.

Here's Wally West's reactions speeding him to superspeed once a bullet touches his skin, and phasing once a bullet touches him in Tower of Babel. It's a special vibrating bullet, so it doesn't work, but it still demonstrates the reflexes you're looking for.

#234 Edited by Killemall (18761 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

Pretty sure a scan or two might be missing there. Killemall knows powerhouses much better than I do, but I am almost positive the Hulk knocked him into a nuclear reactor or something.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

The collection of scan there, which is from Hulk Annual 1997, is complete and is not actually misrepresented. Thats actually all that happened in the fight. The nuclear reactor thing happens once Gladiator is knocked out, even if you look on the scan posted its on the second last page.

@higorm said:

I agree, Hulk shouldn´t be able to tag him, and also for me the most dumb part was when Gladiator manage to take him flying away from the Earth living Hulk arms free to land any hit he wanted.. The heat vision part was even worse..

Its more to do with the fact that, in Marvel, unless you are a pure speedster every body gets to tag everyone. Hulk has fought Silver Sufer 3 times now, he never has had problem tagging Silver Surfer who in all honestly should be just as durable if not more (and like i said to Floopay the scans are genuinely presented, no misrepresentation). Its just that the fight does have a context, within the scans posted which people tend to ignore.

Firstly, it looks like Gladiator is under-estimating Hulk severly, and felt as if Hulk cant even hurt him, which suggests why Gladiator did not actually choose to tie Hulk's hand or hold him in a place before he takes him to outer-space. This is based on these scans here ( i am posting scans from my computer hoping it would be a little easier to read):

So when Gladiator has Atalanta by the throat, he is attacked by the Hulk. Sybil actually goes so far to ask Gladiator if Hulk hurt him in reply Gladiator replies nonsense.

Sybil: Kallark I believe that earth creature caused you pain !

Gladiator: Nonesense. He'll trouble us no more futher?

This is also Gladiator first meeting with the hulk, it really looks like Gladiator felt that Hulk cant hurt him which explains why he took hulk into outer space, rather than try to fight him head on, and even then didnt do anything to actually restrain Hulk. If you believe Hulk cant hurt you why bother restraining himself.

Then as the issue pointed out Gladiator does seem really hurt by the thunderclap on his head.

So Hulk getting to Thunderclap Gladitor on his head could have likely weakened Gladiator's confidence (a pure speculation than anything else).

Now when Gladiator finally gets KO, its very little to do with Hulk punching power vs Gladiator durability, what Hulk did was block Gladiator heat vision, by putting his hand on his head, which caused a feedback (naturally because heat vision from his eyes couldnt escape) directly on his brain which is what seem to have knocked out Gladiator

Gladiator : "Feedback- like my brain's on fire! Aaaargh"

Although i honestly think Hulk tanking Gladiator heat vision is well and truely within his capability, specially given how he has been written in the last 5 years. He has tanked Johnny Supernova, and blast from Mad Thinker's robot which was meant to be powerful enough to melt adamantium.

On a sidenote, the comics is written by Christopher Copper, who is one of the few person who when asked thought he felt Hulk is physically stronger than Thor, so yeah i think it depends on who is writing.

#235 Edited by HigorM (6217 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: understood Sir, very nice break down.. Thank you!

Online
#236 Edited by Pierpat (4522 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Had the first, the second is exactly what i was looking for.Thanks!

@calebhara wow, i was not referring to this, but it's even better.Thanks!

#237 Posted by DireDrill (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey anyone read Ex Machina? If so can I have any scans of him stopping a gun from firing with his powers?

#238 Posted by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't US Agent's shield get cut up by an adamantium knife at one point? Does anyone have scans of it?

#239 Posted by Saren (27097 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey anyone read Ex Machina? If so can I have any scans of him stopping a gun from firing with his powers?

Moderator
#240 Posted by DireDrill (2483 posts) - - Show Bio
#241 Edited by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have scans of Psylocke penetrating Classic Juggernaut's helmet?

#242 Edited by jwalser3 (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone have the second part to this. Wolverine turns out to have dodge it? IIRC.

#243 Posted by Angryprune (747 posts) - - Show Bio

could I please have the best Strength feats for Thing and Colossus

It'd be HIGHLY appreciated

#244 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (9609 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

Anyone have the second part to this. Wolverine turns out to have dodge it? IIRC.

#245 Edited by SheenLantern (7362 posts) - - Show Bio

Some feats of Martian Manhunter using telepathy on beings without physical brains or bodies would be vastly appreciated.

#247 Posted by comic_book_fan (6525 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

yes he can fight at ftl speeds if people can use that feat for wonder woman then how can you not use it for superman.

#248 Posted by jwalser3 (6115 posts) - - Show Bio

Scans of Wolverine fighting animals like Lions, bulls, bears, etc. would be helpful. Also IIRC there was a time he ripped out of a Senitals grip? That'd be very helpful and appreciated.

#249 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1692 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anybody show me that one scan of that issue in JLA when Batman states that Superman has zeptosecond reaction time?

#250 Posted by jashro44 (30287 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have scans of:

  1. Spock and Kaines fight (suepioer spider-man team up #2)
  2. Warblades fight with super boy in the new 52

Online