VERSUS

Hell-Lords meeting

* Mephisto

* Hela

* Surtur

* Pluto

* Satannish

* Witchfire

Scenario: Fear Lords go on the offense and hunt down the Hell-Lords by striking at their mortal sources of power: worshippers, temples, snagging sacrifices, trapping the dying in a state of comatose fright at the door to death. Then Hell-Lords are seiged by rebels and then Fear Lords sweep in. Dramatic banter ensues heavily, as demons are fanatics of rhetoric.

Battle Parameters 1:

Fear Lords, fuelled by the fear of the denizens of the Hell realms that is had towards the ruler of each realm, engage Hell-Lords as listed above, with Lurking Unknown and The Dark Man both taking on Surtur w/o Twilight Sword.

No reality manipulation

Even though Hell-Lords in home dimension, no omnipotence (curbed by draw on usual sources of power/souls redirected/stunted by Fear Lords).

Battle Parameters 2:

Neutral dimension but weapons of power amplification engaged: Surtur w/ Twilight Sword, Witchfire w/ four bloodstones, Nightmare w/ Nightmare Crown, all Fear Lords engorged on the fears of a galaxy

Battle Parameters 3:

Its getting ridiculous but let's shoot: the Fear Lords are outmatched and pull their final trump card and unite inside the Destroyer Armor! Fear Lords-Destroyer is able to separate Surtur from Twilight Sword and Witchfire from bloodstones. Fear Lords-Destroyer wipes Hell-Lords from existence and in the wake of battlefield, Mistress Death stands where the Hell-Lords were and she is not pleased.

VERSUS

Death

Hope this sparks some interesting thoughts on characters that are infinitely interesting as well as deserving of more airtime. I mean, The Dark Man struck such fear into Odin when he saw the Dark Man's gift of a horse to Thor that he ordered the horse banished from Asgard! The bigger question: who is more fuelled, those feeding off of the fear of others or those who gain from the torment of others? And, shoot!

#2 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice match. Seems like the users are thinking out of the box now.

*Will edit for longer answer later.

#3 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the Fear Lords do anything really (aside from Nightmare) that would suggest they could beat the Hell Lords.

#4 Posted by ToO_RaW (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

I haven't seen the Fear Lords do anything really (aside from Nightmare) that would suggest they could beat the Hell Lords.

Me neither.

#5 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW said:

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Me neither.

Dweller in Darkness had some neat battles vs the Defenders. D'Spayre however is not uber impressive in power showings. He does emit erratic feat and despair thru his powers tho.

Who the hell is Witchfire? I love Hell Lords and like to think I know a thing or or 2 about Mephisto, Satannish, Azmodeus, Satan, Lucifer, Thog, Daimon Hellstorm, Blackheart, and even Hela.

So who the hell is this Withcfire that came from nowhere?!

Hey when did Surtur became force to Hell Lord status and working with Hell Lords like a equal :)

#6 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Witchfire was a former member of Alpha Flight, Gamma Flight, and Beta Flight (The Canadian version of the Avengers). She is the daughter of Belasco and fought the X-Men in order to control limbo and become its leader. She is pretty bad ass, though nowhere near the level of Hell Lords. For a time she had the Bloodstone and was going to release the Elder Gods back in 616. Some of her powers include demonic form, summoning demons, altering reality, creating forcefields, telekinesis, telepathy and general magic abilities. There is a respect thread on KMC for her that showcases all of her skils, since she doesn't really have that many showings anyways.

EDIT: Surtur really hasn't done anything with the Hell Lords. He was mentioned as part of their group, but was never present, because he was dead. I really think writers were just adding random people to the group.

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: Alright cool.

#8 Posted by Killemall (18308 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Surtur isnt a hell lord , had very weak connection to hell lord , not sure why he is included here. He however is Odin's equal or superior, making him atleast just as strong as any other hell lords if not better.

#9 Posted by laflux (14317 posts) - - Show Bio

@lars_maximus: This a very nice Battle, made even more impressive as your a new user.

@Killemall: Isn't D'yspare that horrible jobber who Spider-Man nearly beat to death?

#10 Posted by Killemall (18308 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I havent read anything on him. Sorry.

#11 Posted by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

A hell-lords meeting should be interesting to watch.

Still I think Hell-Lords win by feats and Surtur(skyfather level)

#12 Posted by shroudofsorrow (3159 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...hell and fear. You'd think the two would go together.

#13 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@lars_maximus: This a very nice Battle, made even more impressive as your a new user.

@Killemall: Isn't D'yspare that horrible jobber who Spider-Man nearly beat to death?

I do have one battle with D'Spayr.

He is able to make anyone feel fear with a wave of his hand it seems.

#14 Posted by New_World_Order (12604 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@CadenceV2: Surtur isnt a hell lord , had very weak connection to hell lord , not sure why he is included here. He however is Odin's equal or superior, making him atleast just as strong as any other hell lords if not better.

Surtur is stronger than all the Hell Lords.

#15 Posted by lars_maximus (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah technically Surtur was counted years ago amongst The Lords of the Splinter-Realms, depicted above, when they joined forces against the Adverssary and Marvel readjusts the story of the Gods so much and long-standing characters in general and are not afraid to rewrite folklore (The Serpent that kills Thor at the end of the Ragnarok twilight of the gods is actually his uncle?!) Surtur is significantly more reality-threatening w/ the Twilight Sword but Surtur, like all Hell-Lords, is master of his realm and it is as much a part of him and thus in his home dimension of Muspelheim he has unlimited resources for power and feeds off of the realm's energies, just as Mephisto did when he went toe-to-toe with a feeding Galactus in his "hell". So Surtur has never officially on-panel been counted as a Hell-Lord but I would say that he qualifies under the condition that a Hell-Lord is bonded with his home dimension and can manipulate it's very nature as intuitively as thinking and breathing. That's why Battle Scenario 2 is in neutral territory where omnipotence isn't an issue.

#16 Posted by New_World_Order (12604 posts) - - Show Bio

Fear Lords

#17 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell Lords should win.

#18 Posted by chiq (1916 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Hyperlight (5516 posts) - - Show Bio

hell lords

#20 Posted by James_Lockart (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice thread mate!

Will come back this needs a bit of thought.

#21 Edited by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell-Lords

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (12604 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

@thundergodswrath said:

Fear Lords

Why? Don't really know their feats.

I always seen them as more powerful than Hell Lords.

#23 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32884 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a crazy battle

#24 Posted by kgb725 (6049 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Surtur the most powerful here even though hes no hell lord ?