Who wins?

#2 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter

#3 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

midnighter

#4 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting fight. goes to midnighter

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex's vague misdirection power always makes me wary when assigning the win to his opponent in a fight. I'd like to see them in a comic together but I don't know if them being against each other or teamed up would be more entertaining.

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know a thing about Fantomex.

#7 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" I don't know a thing about Fantomex. "
He's a byproduct of the Weapon X program. While Wolverine was Weapon X (Weapon 10), Fantomex is Weapon XIII (13), an upgrade to the "perfect" soldier, if you will. He is a fairly competent hand to hand combatant (but, his showings exclusively on that aspect are not at such high degree as illustrated in the handbooks, where he is listed as being class 6), he is extremely agile, and proficient in the use of hand guns, often pulling difficult shots from unlikely angles, can read body language (he once deduced Jean Grey was attracted to him by the tilt of her pelvis), has an external, artifical nervous system, named E.V.A, which he can call to his aid, if need be, and most importantly, he has a unique "hypnotizing" ability, which has enabled him to fabricate complicated illusions that completely fooled both Professor X, and Jean Grey at the same time.
#8 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm not really sure how his 'misdirection' works. Can Midnighter see past it?

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Damn. Kudos to his ability to find out that Jean was into him, though. LOL.
#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: Damn. Kudos to his ability to find out that Jean was into him, though. LOL. "
Not only that. She let him escape, as well.

All in all, Fantomex is an extremely fun character to read.
#11 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
" I don't know a thing about Fantomex. "
He's a byproduct of the Weapon X program. While Wolverine was Weapon X (Weapon 10), Fantomex is Weapon XIII (13), an upgrade to the "perfect" soldier, if you will. He is a fairly competent hand to hand combatant (but, his showings exclusively on that aspect are not at such high degree as illustrated in the handbooks, where he is listed as being class 6), he is extremely agile, and proficient in the use of hand guns, often pulling difficult shots from unlikely angles, can read body language (he once deduced Jean Grey was attracted to him by the tilt of her pelvis), has an external, artifical nervous system, named E.V.A, which he can call to his aid, if need be, and most importantly, he has a unique "hypnotizing" ability, which has enabled him to fabricate complicated illusions that completely fooled both Professor X, and Jean Grey at the same time. "
Wow! Idk that
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Nice.
#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @Morpheus_: Nice. "
He can also enter state of auto-hypnosis (he used it to operate on himself), but that doesn't really have much to do with the battle, unless he needs surgery after Midnighter is done with him. :P
#14 Posted by Fist_of_Mandalore (1879 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex

#15 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
He can also enter state of auto-hypnosis (he used it to operate on himself), but that doesn't really have much to do with the battle, unless he needs surgery after Midnighter is done with him. :P "
so Midnighter wins for the 626274841023th time?
#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
He can also enter state of auto-hypnosis (he used it to operate on himself), but that doesn't really have much to do with the battle, unless he needs surgery after Midnighter is done with him. :P "
so Midnighter wins for the 626274841023th time? "
No idea how his battle computer would respond to Fantomex's illusions. Buckshot himself seems to be in doubt.
#17 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
No idea how his battle computer would respond to Fantomex's illusions. Buckshot himself seems to be in doubt. "
ho
you said ''unless he needs surgery after Midnighter is done with him'',so i assumed you meant Midnighter would defeat Fantomex
#18 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

midnighter baby

#19 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matezoide said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
No idea how his battle computer would respond to Fantomex's illusions. Buckshot himself seems to be in doubt. "
ho you said ''unless he needs surgery after Midnighter is done with him'',so i assumed you meant Midnighter would defeat Fantomex "
It seemed an appropriate joke.
#20 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Static Shock said:
ho you said ''unless he needs surgery after Midnighter is done with him'',so i assumed you meant Midnighter would defeat Fantomex "
It seemed an appropriate joke. "
cant argue with that
#21 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably midnighter, midnighter's combat computer alerts him to the thoughts of his opponents and their powers etc im sure he will be able to handle him, not to mention his speed.  

#22 Posted by Kinasin_ (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

Probably midnighter, midnighter's combat computer alerts him to the thoughts of his opponents and their powers etc im sure he will be able to handle him, not to mention his speed.
#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:

But Fantomex Misdirection works on a Deathlock whos a Computer and fooled a Celestial ship with it. Sooooo....
#24 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

Midnighter's computer =/= telepathy.

#25 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Midnighter CPU with stand the BS Misdirection that Fantomex has shown? Thats the debate here. Fantomex Misderected Proffessor Xavier and Jean Gray at the same Time. As well as fooling a Celestial Ship (thats the highest tech can get) and Deathlock (whos also very advance CPU) so Tech dont seem to be safe from it.
#26 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@difficlus said:
But Fantomex Misdirection works on a Deathlock whos a Computer and fooled a Celestial ship with it. Sooooo....

Does his computer work in the same way as Midnighter's because Engineer already made him immune to mind intrusion and the sort.

@CosmicSpiral said:

@difficlus said:

Midnighter's computer =/= telepathy.

Never said it was, doesn't cut down on it capabilities. it doesn't need to be telepathy to perform the things or work the way it does.

#27 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

Does his computer work in the same way as Midnighter's because Engineer already made him immune to mind intrusion and the sort.

She did not. She made his battle computer immune to technological tampering.

#28 Posted by Nefarious (20626 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough fight. I don't know who wins. Midnighter always wins....but so does Fantomex. Hmmm....Fantomex can misdirect him but Midnighter can predict his movements.  

Midnighter will know that he will misdirect him sooooo.......Midnighter wins via Doors. Those doors...... 

#29 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Midnighter.

#30 Posted by JediXMan (30705 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@difficlus said:

And even if he was telepathically immune, it has already been established that his powers aren't telepathic. He has telepathic blocks in his mask and even he was affected by misdirection from his Deahtlok-self.

#31 Posted by MisterWhisper (1932 posts) - - Show Bio

One way or another Midnighter will "think" he won.

#32 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a good fight, I approve.

But I have no clue who would win.

#33 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
@MisterWhisper said:

One way or another Midnighter will "think" he won.

I agree with this.
#34 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@difficlus said:

Oh my mistake. Battalion was able to shut off his combat machine using his his telepathy.

#35 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@difficlus said:

Oh my mistake. Battalion was able to shut off his combat machine using his his telepathy.

He did not. He stopped Midnighter's brain from receiving signals from the battle computer. He could not affect the computer itself.

#36 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6379 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Fantomex cuz he knew Jean was into him by the tilt of her pelvis ... you just can't compete with that.

#37 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@difficlus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@difficlus said:

He did not. He stopped Midnighter's brain from receiving signals from the battle computer. He could not affect the computer itself.

So why didn't he just fry midnighter's mind then?

#38 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

@difficlus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@difficlus said:

@CitizenBane said:

@difficlus said:

So why didn't he just fry midnighter's mind then?

Beats me, though IIRC he was curious as to how good Midnighter was without the computer or something like that.

#39 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

Mids takes it

#40 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

IDK, does fantomex have to know that Midknighter has a computer in his head to manipulate it?

#41 Posted by darktiger (4619 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

Mids takes it

correct,but it won't be easy

#42 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3504 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight could go either way. If fantomex manages to get him in misdirection....midnighter could actually lose here

#43 Posted by gumflabica (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1 said:

This fight could go either way. If fantomex manages to get him in misdirection....midnighter could actually lose here

this

#44 Posted by laflux (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

This Battle is amusing

#45 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter.

#46 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5079 posts) - - Show Bio

Battle could go either way.

#47 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12230 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

na, Midnighter has some resistance to TP and is a super strategist, that hypnosis ability of Fantomex's could be considered TP. All midnighter needs is one door or one head shot, fantomex isn't that durable.

#48 Posted by ghost_rider1 (3504 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ancient_0f_Days

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

na, Midnighter has some resistance to TP and is a super strategist, that hypnosis ability of Fantomex's could be considered TP. All midnighter needs is one door or one head shot, fantomex isn't that durable.

His misdirection isn't considered telepathy.
#49 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12230 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghost_rider1 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

His misdirection isn't considered telepathy.

in any case, one door right under Fantomex is all that Midnighter needs to win

#50 Posted by dondave (37959 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter after a tough fight