Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fantomex13

Fantomex with E.V.A. vs. Batman.

Batman has 5 years of prep, Fantomex does no know he is getting into this fight until a few hours beforehand.

Fantomex has standard gear.

Morals: OFF

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ChaosBlazer

probably Batman

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fantomex13

@ChaosBlazer said:

probably Batman

Do you think I made it too one-sided for Batman?

Fantomex is extremely powerful and deadly, so I tried to give Batman some help.

Githzerai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Githzerai

5 years of prep????????!?

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fantomex13

@Githzerai said:

Is that too much or too little? I don't know Batman that well, I don't know how much time he needs to give Fantomex a tough time.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Twentyfive

@Githzerai said:

I would think that after a few hours, any character would be ready to at least try to fight any other character.

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fantomex13

@Twentyfive said:

@Githzerai said:

I would think that after a few hours, any character would be ready to at least try to fight any other character.

Well when you go to fight Fantomex, and you're in an all-out fist-fight with him for 2 hours, all tired, and then you find out he was standing across the street the whole time with a gun pointing at you, and what you thought was a fist fight was actually just an illusion by him, you would probably wish you had more time to prepare.

And it's been argued that Midnighter would even lose to Fantomex, and Midnighter I hear is the best at preparation.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@Fantomex13 said:

I don't know Batman that well, I don't know how much time he needs to give Fantomex a tough time.

This much is obvious. All Batman needs is to know is that Fantomex employs misdirection and he'll give him a tough time after prepping for a couple of minutes.

This is coming from a Fantomex fan as well, so no bias here.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Fantomex13 said:

Batman has 5 years of prep

Fantomex has standard gear.

Morals: OFF

Avatar image for theflyinghammer
TheFlyingHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheFlyingHammer

Honestly five years is much too much. Fantomex is lethal no doubt about it, but Batman is one of the most efficient users of prep time. I'd reccomend five months to make it more fair. Also Gotham is his domain which is a huge advantage. Not trying to tell you what to do, just giving my opinion.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheSuperHuman

Batman has never faced anyone like Fantomex before. We don't know how much prep Batman would need. That alone should give Fantomex the automatic win.

Hero4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hero4life

@TheSuperHuman said:

Batman has never faced anyone like Fantomex before. We don't know how much prep Batman would need. That alone should give Fantomex the automatic win.

That being said. Nobody even knows Fantomex extent.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By FourthDeity

Couldn't bats just hop in the insider suit and finish him in seconds?

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jezer

How do you prep for a Misdirection?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shawnbaby

With 5 years prep...I could beat Fantomex.
Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

With 5 years prep, a fish could beat Fantomex.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gunmetalgrey

Batman pretty much only needs enough prep time to figure out that Fantomex uses misdirection.

His misdirection is a form of TP and Batman has way too much experience with foes and friends that use it. Even if it's powerful enough to break through Batman's sheer willpower, Batman can just use tech to block it out completely.

That leaves it to guns and batarangs and eventually h2h in which Batman has way too many victories and stalemates with much more formidable opponents to have much of a problem.

I'd hate to see Fantomex lose, but it's nice to know he's going to put up a good fight against one of the best.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThexX

@gunmetalgrey: Fantomex Misdirection is not TP. It has not been explained really, the only time it has kind of been explained was in uncanny x-force The dark angel saga. And it was said it was a type of reality warping.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jezer

Batman preps for Fantomex. Spends 5 long years building groundbreaking tech and coming up with a genius battle plan.

The night before, Bruce Wayne has a 10some with some playboy models in order to up his confidence level.

The day of the fight finally arises. Batman is nervous, but full of anticipation. The day I've been preparing for....is finally here....5 years gone, time to make them worth it....I'll have a 12some for victory sex, he thinks to himself. He puts on a pair of Hanes boxers, suits up, and shows up at the arranged location. He unleashes the full fury of his prep: missles, anti-matter lasers, magical spells, and a needlessly complicated plan. When the smoke clears, there is a dark void - a inked out blot in reality - left in the area Fantomex was standing.

A single tear of joy rolls down Batman's cheek....

No Caption Provided

Suddenly,

the.

misdirection.

ends.

Batman notices that his clothes smell like a piece of turd died and he has the beard and manbush of someone who hasn't shaved in 5 years - Nicolas Cage. He notices he's suddenly a hundred pounds lighter. He notices the fungus growing in various orifices on his body. He notices 10 used fleshlights. He takes stock of his surroundings and notices what looks to be the inside of an empty warehouse. The last thing he notices.... is Fantomex pointing a gun at his head. And then, he notices nothing.

Verdict: Fantomex.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@ThexX said:

@gunmetalgrey: Fantomex Misdirection is not TP. It has not been explained really, the only time it has kind of been explained was in uncanny x-force The dark angel saga. And it was said it was a type of reality warping.

And yet when he used it on a couple of guards in the first issue of UXF, nothing around them changed, only what they perceived in Fantomex's suggestion.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lady_liberty

@Shawnbaby said:

Seriously.

batman1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By batman1988

Batman owns like always.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Skaddix

All you need is a sniper rifle if you want to be minimalist. Still I am sure Batman can develop some compound to knock out the x-gene.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dextersinister

5 YEARS by the time the fight rolls round Batman will have gone mad have himself a Fantomex room with Fantomex cut outs, he will probably know more about Fantomex than Fantomex. Fantomex will have been poisoned before the fight even starts.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Stronger

Batman just needs a week of prep to beat him

Fantomex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fantomex13

@Jezer said:

Batman preps for Fantomex. Spends 5 long years building groundbreaking tech and coming up with a genius battle plan.

The night before, Bruce Wayne has a 10some with some playboy models in order to up his confidence level.

The day of the fight finally arises. Batman is nervous, but full of anticipation. The day I've been preparing for....is finally here....5 years gone, time to make them worth it....I'll have a 12some for victory sex, he thinks to himself. He puts on a pair of Hanes boxers, suits up, and shows up at the arranged location. He unleashes the full fury of his prep: missles, anti-matter lasers, magical spells, and a needlessly complicated plan. When the smoke clears, there is a dark void - a inked out blot in reality - left in the area Fantomex was standing.

A single tear of joy rolls down Batman's cheek....

No Caption Provided

Suddenly,

the.

misdirection.

ends.

Batman notices that his clothes smell like a piece of turd died and he has the beard and manbush of someone who hasn't shaved in 5 years - Nicolas Cage. He notices he's suddenly a hundred pounds lighter. He notices the fungus growing in various orifices on his body. He notices 10 used fleshlights. He takes stock of his surroundings and notices what looks to be the inside of an empty warehouse. The last thing he notices.... is Fantomex pointing a gun at his head. And then, he notices nothing.

Verdict: Fantomex.

I love you

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jezer

Glad I managed to entertain at least one person.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Shawnbaby said:

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By society619

Batman would kill himself after going mad of 3 years prepping for a fight.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gunmetalgrey

I retract my statement. I just remembered that in issue 6 (or was it 7?) of Uncanny X-Force an alternate version of Fantomex was able to misdirect him even with the TP blocking ceramics in his mask.

I still need to know what Batman's limitations are in regards to prep. This is prep without morals, so he can just basically nuke Gotham from halfway around the world (way out of range to be misdirected).

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shawnbaby

Seriously though...I'm normally one of the people giving batfans grief about how much they overrate Batprep...but 5 years is a long time to figure out how to counter Misdirection, and without Misdirection...Fantomex can't win this fight.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#32  Edited By GR2Blackout

Batman, with 5 years prep, would probably find a way to beat Fantomex. I dont know much about Fantomex but I know with that much prep-time Bats wins.