This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The Englander (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one do you like better?

I love the Simpsons, and I never liked FG.

#2 Posted by Walter Dornez (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Famiy Guy is currently better than the simpsons....But overall Simpsons EASILY the better show.

#3 Posted by The Englander (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#4 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons, ridiculous curbstomp in my opinion. FG is worthless to me.

#5 Posted by Mr. Exfed (1127 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" Simpsons, ridiculous curbstomp in my opinion. FG is worthless to me. "

#6 Posted by claws (5061 posts) - - Show Bio

i may like simpsons better because family guy just takes it to far sometimes

#7 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Family Guy is beginning to lose me. It was great at first,and some moments are just hilarious,but now it seems like the humor is going in a direction in which the only way it's going to get you to laugh is either trough offending you or taking too long on a segment that should take about 15 seconds.

#8 Posted by GodOfDoom (311 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV said:
"Family Guy is beginning to lose me. It was great at first,and some moments are just hilarious,but now it seems like the humor is going in a direction in which the only way it's going to get you to laugh is either trough offending you or taking too long on a segment that should take about 15 seconds."

i totally agree.

thats why i watch South Park
#9 Posted by Megan Fox (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Both shows are in the crapped.Both were mega hilarious from the get go but now their trash.

#10 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't watch Simpsons much, but what ever i saw was good, REALLY good.
Watch alot of Family Guy, older episodes and some new ones = HILARIOUS!

#11 Posted by Toastalchemist (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons, family guy was good at first but now there are too many flashbacks and stupid jokes.

#12 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons actually gets their humour from jokes. Family Guy just cuts to weird and stupid flashbacks.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
@Akwa said:
" Simpsons actually gets their humour from jokes. Family Guy just cuts to weird and stupid flashbacks. "
1.Go ahead and pretend the Simpson's doesn't also have humor in flashbacks.They do and they do it often.Not as much as Family Guy
2.I guess you can go ahead and pretend that nothing happens on Family Guy that's funny and doesn't involve flashbacks....
Moderator
#14 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" Simpsons, ridiculous curbstomp in my opinion. FG is worthless to me. "

#15 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@Akwa said:
" Simpsons actually gets their humour from jokes. Family Guy just cuts to weird and stupid flashbacks. "
1.Go ahead and pretend the Simpson's doesn't also have humor in flashbacks.They do and they do it often.Not as much as Family Guy
2.I guess you can go ahead and pretend that nothing happens on Family Guy that's funny and doesn't involve flashbacks....
"

I know the Simpsons uses humorous flashbacks and theres nothing wrong with them in moderation.

Family Guy just uses them waaay too much.
#16 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Another thing that's keeping me away from Family Guy is the fact that it seems like they're detaching from the characters.
I thought Stewie was trying to take over the world,what happened there?

Plus,is anyone else thinking the show is heading to a more biased standpoint?
I think so.

#17 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Futurama.

#18 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg: That show is just plain hilarious.
#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91120 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Futurama. "
APPROVAL STAMP.Bender makes that show incredible.
Moderator
#20 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Futurama. "
EPIC WIN. Futurama trumps both of them.
#21 Posted by PhoenixoftheAmazonianStorm (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Family Guy is the best show to ever come out. But I really loved the Simpson's Movie. Peter Owns All.
#22 Edited by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

FG are pretty proficient in martial arts, and they're regularly shown fighting other people, giant chickens, and the like. I don't really recall the Simpsons matching this. FG, ftw. Personally, though, both shows are kinda overrated to me. Simpsons use to make me chuckle, not so much anymore.

#23 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire Griffin family are all a bunch of sissies and/or women that are constantly outsmarted by a baby with a football head and their show kinda sucks in my opinion and I agree with myself if by "kinda" I mean "really, really" because it's true and that's why Simpsons will always win every single time ever in the history of time.

#24 Posted by Braise (1284 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" The entire Griffin family are all a bunch of sissies and/or women that are constantly outsmarted by a baby with a football head and their show kinda sucks in my opinion and I agree with myself if by "kinda" I mean "really, really" because it's true and that's why Simpsons will always win every single time ever in the history of time. "
Nuh-uh.
#25 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Braise said:
" @Sparda said:
" The entire Griffin family are all a bunch of sissies and/or women that are constantly outsmarted by a baby with a football head and their show kinda sucks in my opinion and I agree with myself if by "kinda" I mean "really, really" because it's true and that's why Simpsons will always win every single time ever in the history of time. "
Nuh-uh. "
Yeah.
#26 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen a lot of episodes, but Homer, Ralph, Chief Wiggum, Burns, Barney quinto the whole FG cast. Lisa is the most annoying out of both shows though imo.
#27 Posted by Lunacyde (17896 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both.

#28 Posted by PhoenixoftheAmazonianStorm (263 posts) - - Show Bio

The Simpsons aren't good enough to hold Stewie's diaper.
#29 Posted by PhoenixoftheAmazonianStorm (263 posts) - - Show Bio

The Simpsons aren't good enough to hold Stewie's diaper.
#30 Posted by The Stegman (23092 posts) - - Show Bio

Both aren't really that funny anymore, but as a whole, the Simpsons stomps Family Guy, which in my opinion was only funny after they came back from their five year hiatus, then they got boring again, Simpson though...they've been funny for like 15 seasons consistently 

Online
#31 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons.

#32 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both WAY past their prime and suck as a result.

#33 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion Family guy jumped the shark.There first 3 seasons were great but after they were brought back on the air in 2005 there episodes became too political and now they rely too much on cut-away gags most notably the one that lasted for 7 minutes that was mostly a filler.I think shows like american Dad,simpsons,and Futurama have more intelligent and clever jokes.

#34 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2777 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons by far. Family guy gets you a laugh by insulting a race, religion, group of people, and tremendously long flashbacks.

#35 Posted by Skyfire (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Simpsons stomps all challengers.....but currently Family Guy is much better.

#36 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

Simpsons by far. Family guy gets you a laugh by insulting a race, religion, group of people, and tremendously long flashbacks.

So true.

#37 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons.

Family Guy has about 1 in 10 episodes that beat an average Simpsons episode. They also have 2 out of 10 that are completely not funny. Like they tell 3-5 jokes in the entire episode and none of them are very funny.

The Simpsons episodes vary as well but they never are as bad as the bad Family Guy episodes.

#38 Posted by Onemoreposter (3948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Korg said:

Futurama.

That sir, is the correct answer.

But otherwise Simpsons > Family Guy

#39 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons FTW !

#40 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Simpsons stomp.

@Skyfire said:

Classic Simpsons stomps all challengers.....but currently Family Guy is much better.

Not even close.

#41 Edited by steelhound56 (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodOfDoom said:

@ARMIV said:
"Family Guy is beginning to lose me. It was great at first,and some moments are just hilarious,but now it seems like the humor is going in a direction in which the only way it's going to get you to laugh is either trough offending you or taking too long on a segment that should take about 15 seconds."
i totally agree.thats why i watch South Park

Quoted for Truth....

In terms of satire, comical intelligence, and high brow humor (there is actually a LOT of it underneath the potty humor), South Park obliterates both shows. Matt Stone and Trey parker have changed the characters over the seasons, but the primary character dynamics, razor sharp wit, and underlying political and social satire still remain, making it the funniest animated show on TV. That, combined with inspired writing and great storylines, make for a show with extremely broad appeal. No topic or issue is spared, but South Park executes the satire with exceptional acumen and wit.

The Simpsons is a far better show than Family Guy. At least Groening has managed to keep his character dynamics and humor throughout the Simpson's run on TV. Treehouse of Horror is still one of my favorite blocks on television.

FG was funny for about the first 3 seasons. Created an interesting character structure and dynamics. Nowadays, Stewie is one big running gay joke, completely ruining the evil, sophisticated mastermind character that was established. Brian is far too preachy and extremely left wing (He was a moderate liberal at the beginning of the show, and the voice of reason in the family), Lois remains the only consistent character, and Peter's idiocy and cutaway gags have become stale and tired.

Futurama is indeed the better of the two of Groening's works, however.

#42 Posted by handsome_stud (272 posts) - - Show Bio

people under 22 like family guy, people over like the simpsons

but now both shows are imitating their former selves.. if that makes sense. very forced

p.s. check out that condescending dude vance astro... whats his problem? anyways, fry makes futurama hilarious, not bender.

#43 Posted by Hoboshotgun100 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I love The Simpson and like family guy and watch both shows but as of late don't really care for family guy anymore, The Simpsons is way better it has more memorable episodes and characters in Springfield. Family guy has lots of pointless joke especially with over used flashbacks which in my opinion cut into the show just to put in a quick laugh. Family guys episodes open with something going on but in 5 minutes into it have nothing to do or even follow up on what happened. I don't like the way Lois is written as she is supposed to be a loving wife and mother but is a total slut making porn and sleeping with Bill Clinton and does seem to even love her husband and when every thing is settled thier reconsiliation seems forced because they'er husband and wife, don't like Brian's character and both seem to be a hypocrites on the show, Brian warns of the dangers of smoking and says thier evil corporations but smokes himself. Brian talks about how he is against selling out and standing for what you believe in like when he fights to get weed legal but at the end sells out to publish his book. I do like the episode were meg finally fights back and points out every ones flaws as I thought it was about damn time it was said. One thing that i dont like is it's follow up for past content, its said Brian was found by Peter when he's older but in the new Brian episode Brain plays videos of himself with the family as a puppy when it shows that he was even part of the family then. Another thing about family guy is its recycled jokes, an example is when meg is looking for a date and a kid says he can't because he'll be at his brothers funeral. This joke is again used for another purpose which doesn't come to mind. A better one is when when Cleveland is reapetedly shot down from his house while he takes a shower on different ocassions. Another thing related to reapeated jokes that bothers me is when stewie repeats lines once when he keeps calling Lois mom and another when hes on steroid and won't let Brian pass the steps. Even thow I have a lot more to say about this topic I should close it. Its not that I hate family guy but I feel it has lost of flaws and doesn't make me care for characters. I do enjoy the both shows and like to say that this is all my personal opinion.