Falco Lombardi vs. Captain Falcon

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The battle of the two falcon pilots!

Falco Lombardi: Fox's trust co-pilot that can hold his own...and he doesn't hesitate to let Fox know!

Captain Falcon: Great racer and bounty hunter of the F-Zero world.

Who? Is? DEADLIEST!?

Falco flies in with his Arwing, blaster, reflector, and fighting skills (close combat, falco phantasm, and fire bird)

Captain Falcon has his Blue Falcon, a blaster of his own, the knee of justice, the raptor boost, the falcon dive, the falcon kick, and his signature FALCON PAWNCH!!!

This is not an HP fight, a fighter can fall in one hit if the blow is lethal. The battle will start with our combatants in their vehicles. Phase I of the battle ends with either the death of a pilot, or their escape from their destroyed vehicle. If the pilot escapes, the other combatant will try to defeat the former in the latter's vehicle. Then the first combatant will either be killed by the mounted fighter, or force the latter to dismount. From there, the two fighters will meet on foot until only one is left.

Sorry that the last paragraph was kind of confusing.

Now that the conditions are set, let's start this battle! Say who you think will win and why. This is theshinygible and I will see you later.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hatemalingsia

Falco(n) beats Falco(n).

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theshinygible
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Falco takes the air easy, he is better than Fox(abit marginally) and apart of a group that are the best pilots out of an entire Star System, being the Ace of the Starfox Team, I don't recall Capt Falcon having any noteworthy piloting feats or such accolades.

Ground wise, it's close but I feel Falco can take that too. He's a pretty good shot with a blaster, is quick and agile. Although straight H2H, I feel it falls into Cap's favor if Cap can land in a solid falcon punch.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days
No Caption Provided

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Falco shoots down Falcon's ship, but Falcon ejects and Falcon Punches his Arwing. Unfortunately for Falco this is not the Smash Bros. Falcon Punch and he gets annihilated.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did it. Stock 7. Falco won. Reflected a bomb and took Cap out. Was awesome.

Still rather have Wolf.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Or you could put them on a CPU only match.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sachmoo

Falco dominates the Air battle.

As far as on the ground, im taking Cap. Seems to have better striking feats, and if your allowing his comic strip feats, he can dodge or at least aim dodge laser shots.

No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@sachmoo: Falco isn't that bad on ground too, I could see him taking that too, he has some nice striking feats, is fast and agile. Tbh I see the ground being a toss up.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: Falco isn't that bad on ground too, I could see him taking that too, he has some nice striking feats, is fast and agile. Tbh I see the ground being a toss up.

Oh yeah, Falco is solid on the ground. I don't think Capt. Falcon wins in a stomp, i just think gameplay mechanics aside, Capt. Falcons moveset seems just a smidge slower than Falco, but much stronger. Of course this is just opinion as the only non-Gameplay mechanics feats we have are subspace emissary, which their were few. Capt. did knockdown a huge R.O.B with one punch.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@sachmoo: Yeah he did, hence why I think one punch from Falcon might do it. Though Falco has some nice striking/punching feats, he knocked out Fox in 2 hits and was able to send one of Andross' troops flying across the floor with one shot. His accuracy is pretty good with blasters, he was also able to speedblitz Bowser, I use the speedblitz term in a loose fashion, but considering Bowser was aiming right at him with the cannon and was able to knock it from his hands before he could react.../shrug.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: So who do you think wins overall? It's one battle, just in different phases.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wolfrazer  Online

@theshinygible: Oh...well then Falco takes this, because I don't see Falcon surviving against Falco in an air battle. So then that makes ground fighting moot.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By theshinygible

@wolfrazer: I certainly see Falco winning the air phase. Whether or not the Cap dies in that phase or not, I'm unsure.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@theshinygible: He does really, the smart bombs can blow up cruisers and the lasers are pretty powerful too. Couple this with Falco's piloting ability, I don't see Falcon being able to get out in time before his ship goes boom and even managing that, I don't see Falcon being able to take out his Arwing.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sachmoo: So who do you think wins overall? It's one battle, just in different phases.

@theshinygible: Oh...well then Falco takes this, because I don't see Falcon surviving against Falco in an air battle. So then that makes ground fighting moot.

This^. I don't even think the Blue Falcon is equipped with weapons anyways.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@sachmoo: Also neither does the Falcon Flyer. The Arwing also blows the Blue Falcon outta the water in speed, being able to go mach 4.2 in atmosphere, Blue Falcon only goes 457 km/h

JimboBchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JimboBchez

falco wins

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By theshinygible

@jimbobchez: Reasons? The users above you have nearly proved your prediction.

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I think Falcon has about a 50/50 chance of ejecting his ship, then a 50/50 chance of destroying the Arwing with a Falcon Punch. From then on, he'll fight valiantly, but it will be in vain. Falcon's only chance of winning the air phase is ramming Falco's Arwing. And that's EXTREMELY unlikely.

Basically, Falcon CAN win, but that doesn't mean he WILL. He's probably dead in the water.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wolfrazer  Online

@theshinygible: He doesn't really have any chance of hitting Falco, the Arwing is far too fast for him to hit with the Blue Falcon or just by himself.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wolfrazer  Online

@bob74h: That wasn't the punch that did that.

bob74h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bob74h: That wasn't the punch that did that.

Then why did the explosion happen right after the falcon punch

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wolfrazer  Online