No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

I have no idea what vampire Jubilee can do..I'm assuming it's just enhanced strength, speed and durability..which Faith also has, plus better fighting skills.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SSJLozza

I absolutely hate Faith (massive Buffy fan and always saw her as the anti-Buffy) but she would stomp, she's just below Buffy in strength and skill.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@ssjlozza: I liked Faith as a villain..but once they made her good, it's like..we already have Buffy...why are you here exactly? And the show even showcased that when she was pwn'd by the First when she took over leadership of the Potentials.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Phylos

I still like Faith, she just represented what Buffy wasn't, a ruthless killer. But as you guys mentioned, they removed her horns and gave her angel wings. Unfortunate but eh, I always flock towards the misunderstood glass canon haha

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SSJLozza

@the_stegman said:

@ssjlozza: I liked Faith as a villain..but once they made her good, it's like..we already have Buffy...why are you here exactly? And the show even showcased that when she was pwn'd by the First when she took over leadership of the Potentials.

Precisely. I never actually liked her as a villain even though to be honest, it wasn't even like she was cool, she was just a cowardly bully really. I mean when she knew she had a good chance of winning then she was more than happy to fight- but when she was at a disadvantage, like with Kakistos she just ran and hid. For all Angel and Spike did far worse than she ever did they had the excuse of being souless at the time. There was always something a little more sinister about the way that Faith abused her power and neglected her responsibility. I dunno I just think her behaviour was pretty much unforgivable and the way the scoobies kicked Buffy out and made Faith the leader was just... wrong for so many reasons. Therefore I really would like Faith to lose, but she won't lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

@ssjlozza said:

@the_stegman said:

Precisely. I never actually liked her as a villain even though to be honest, it wasn't even like she was cool, she was just a cowardly bully really. I mean when she knew she had a good chance of winning then she was more than happy to fight- but when she was at a disadvantage, like with Kakistos she just ran and hid. For all Angel and Spike did far worse than she ever did they had the excuse of being souless at the time. There was always something a little more sinister about the way that Faith abused her power and neglected her responsibility. I dunno I just think her behaviour was pretty much unforgivable and the way the scoobies kicked Buffy out and made Faith the leader was just... wrong for so many reasons. Therefore I really would like Faith to lose, but she won't lol.

All the reasons you listed is WHY I liked Faith as a villain lol. She played the strong card, but deep down she was a scared and insecure little girl, who was manipulated by the Mayor. She lied, cheated, and did whatever would give her the edge, that's a pretty good sign of a villain, someone who makes you hate them...like Joffery in Game of Thrones...the little A-hole

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

@the_stegman said:

All the reasons you listed is WHY I liked Faith as a villain lol. She played the strong card, but deep down she was a scared and insecure little girl, who was manipulated by the Mayor. She lied, cheated, and did whatever would give her the edge, that's a pretty good sign of a villain, someone who makes you hate them...like Joffery in Game of Thrones...the little A-hole

Yeah just a different way of looking at the character I suppose. You love to hate her I just... hate her lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

@ssjlozza: I feel your pain..I hated Riley..with a passion, especially how he always would rough up Spike..who I loved.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: I feel your pain..I hated Riley..with a passion, especially how he always would rough up Spike..who I loved.

I've never spoken to anyone who likes Riley. He was just such an annoying character, he had very little to offer the show and really once season 4 was over he was just completely out of place. Spike was a good character, he had depth and was the only one who truly understood Buffy, lol he also reminded me a bit of Vegeta strange though it may sound- especially the way he killed himself at the end.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@ssjlozza: Ugh, Riley was just boring in so many ways, and yes, offered nothing. To me, Spike along with Willow were the only two characters to show significant character development in the show, he was just so...funny too.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Spike was funny. Well Buffy has always been my favourite tbh, but I also like Spike, Xander, Giles and Willow was ok. The only character I ever really disliked was Faith but Riley got on my nerves. I was never an especially big Angel fan tbh, though I don't dislike him, I've always just thought him a bit overrated. Have you read any of the comics? They aren't as good as the show but they're still great.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

@ssjlozza: Spike and Xander are probably my favorites, Buffy was cool too, though sometimes she could get a bit..preachy; and to be honest, I liked Angel better than her, at least on his own show, he didn't do much in Buffy (except be evil and stuff) He just seemed more..practical, he didn't see the world quite in black and white like Buffy sometimes did. And yes, I'm up to date on both Buffy S9 and Angel &Faith, the latter is really good, the former...not so much.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza: Spike and Xander are probably my favorites, Buffy was cool too, though sometimes she could get a bit..preachy; and to be honest, I liked Angel better than her, at least on his own show, he didn't do much in Buffy (except be evil and stuff) He just seemed more..practical, he didn't see the world quite in black and white like Buffy sometimes did. And yes, I'm up to date on both Buffy S9 and Angel &Faith, the latter is really good, the former...not so much.

I'd say Spike and Xander were the two funniest characters. The reason I like Buffy so much (apart from her being hot lol) is the fact that she is actually quite a multi layered character. She does stray from the righteous path at times, but always returns and unlike Faith, has never crossed the line between thoughtless and malicious. She does preach a bit I suppose but you kinda feel like she has the right to lol. As for Angel I don't know why but I've just never particularly liked him, he's just never sparked my interest that much as a character.