Fairchild vs Kalibak

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
Who wins in an all out battle between Wildstorm Character known as Fairchild versus DC Brick known as Kalibak ? Battle takes place in Metropolis. Fighters start off 50 Feet Apart. 

No Caption Provided
Art by Bruce Timm
Art by Bruce Timm
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PikminMania
@King Saturn: I guess Fairchild
HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HumanNumber

Kalibak often gets embarrassed in his fights but should be able to beat Fairchild.

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@King Saturn

Does he get the Beta club for this battle?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
@CapitolPunishment said:
@King Saturn:   Does he get the Beta club for this battle?
nah... no weapons
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@King Saturn said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
nah... no weapons
Hmm, I have to then go with Fairchild on this. Kalibak is not nearly as much of a threat without his beta-club.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
@CapitolPunishment said:
@King Saturn said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
nah... no weapons
Hmm, I have to then go with Fairchild on this. Kalibak is not nearly as much of a threat without his beta-club.
why do you say that ? Kalibak is still very strong physically himself.
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CapitolPunishment
@King Saturn said:

@CapitolPunishment said:

@King Saturn said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
nah... no weapons
He is physically pretty strong but not quite as strong as the high end DC power houses. The factor here I think is speed, I do not think he will be able to catch her do do the necessary physical damage to finish her off (Unless he has those flying disk things, he's actually caught superman off guard with those). With his beta-club at least it would give him a range advantage to immobilize her to give him time to close the gap, EDIT: in addition that club harnesses the beta-force and is standard gear for him.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
@CapitolPunishment said:
@King Saturn said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@King Saturn said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
nah... no weapons
He is physically pretty strong but not quite as strong as the high end DC power houses. The factor here I think is speed, I do not think he will be able to catch her do do the necessary physical damage to finish her off (Unless he has those flying disk things, he's actually caught superman off guard with those). With his beta-club at least it would give him a range advantage to immobilize her to give him time to close the gap.
Well Fairchild is not quite Superman level in terms of physical strength either. I think she is close to Supergirl but the same could be said of Kalibak as well. The Speed issue won't be that much of a factor here because Fairchild though she has faster reflexes it's not like she is The Flash or anything... Kalibak should still be able to tag her... especially considering that most Super Strength bricks tend to slow down and slug it out with their opponents anyways. 
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn

Well Fairchild is not quite Superman level in terms of physical strength either. I think she is close to Supergirl but the same could be said of Kalibak as well. The Speed issue won't be that much of a factor here because Fairchild though she has faster reflexes it's not like she is The Flash or anything... Kalibak should still be able to tag her... especially considering that most Super Strength bricks tend to slow down and slug it out with their opponents anyways.

I have always looked at Supergirl as Kalibak's superior in terms of strength because it was stated many times she is pretty close to Clark, in some WIS comics it was even stated she was stronger. While Darksied himself said Kalibak was a fool to think that he would be able to stand toe to toe against Clark in a physical fight. 

I do see your points though, this could be a closer fight that I originally stated because Fairchild does not have the speed to make that much of a difference. Without his beta-club this would probably end up in a slug fest that could go either way
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
@CapitolPunishment said:
@King Saturn

I have always looked at Supergirl as Kalibak's superior in terms of strength because it was stated many times she is pretty close to Clark, in some WIS comics it was even stated she was stronger. While Darksied himself said Kalibak was a fool to think that he would be able to stand toe to toe against Clark in a physical fight.   I do see your points though, this could be a closer fight that I originally stated because Fairchild does not have the speed to make that much of a difference. Without his beta-club this would probably end up in a slug fest that could go either way
I wonder if Darkseid was saying that Kalibak was a fool in fighting Superman strictly because Kalibak does not have the physical might to beat Superman... or because of Kalibak's lackluster intellect and elementary technique in fighting an experienced fighter like Superman. 
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:
@CapitolPunishment said:
@King Saturn

I have always looked at Supergirl as Kalibak's superior in terms of strength because it was stated many times she is pretty close to Clark, in some WIS comics it was even stated she was stronger. While Darksied himself said Kalibak was a fool to think that he would be able to stand toe to toe against Clark in a physical fight.   I do see your points though, this could be a closer fight that I originally stated because Fairchild does not have the speed to make that much of a difference. Without his beta-club this would probably end up in a slug fest that could go either way
I wonder if Darkseid was saying that Kalibak was a fool in fighting Superman strictly because Kalibak does not have the physical might to beat Superman... or because of Kalibak's lackluster intellect and elementary technique in fighting an experienced fighter like Superman. 
I'' try to find the comic when I get home but I believe his quote was "I can't believe those two fools think they are a physical match for Superman" (something along those lines) referring to Kalibak and Mantis. I'll double check though.
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Kalibak's kind of a jobber and half retarded. I don't know much about Fairchild, but reading her page, it sounds like she's pretty much a genius? I can see her winning 8/10

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By YoungGunna

Kalibak gets a little underrated because he consistently loses, but he's generally facing high level tip top tier opponents(Orion, Superman). He still has some pretty decent feats to his name like matching Orion in strength, fighting evenly with Superman(for the most part), destroying Kyle Rayner, totally unstoppable agianst the Supermen of America, beating the snot out of Lightray and nearly killing Max Mercury...What has Fairchild done in comparison?.. Without CIS I thing Kalibak takes this.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By TifaLockhart

It's from Death of the New Gods. Darkseid says "Even more absurd, Mantis suffered from an inflated sense of self ,.. mistakenly thinking he could challenge Superman physically." It's heavily implied that the same goes for Kalibak, as well. In fact, I think Starlin intended that Kalibak and Mantis together only did so well by a fluke.

Still, Kalibak is as strong as Orion. It's his lack of skill that makes him lose time and time again. I don't know Fairchild enough to say who'd win.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Static Shock

I can't remember who said it, but there was a writer who stated that Kalibak was only supposed to be half as strong as Superman. But, that was back in the day. 

Last time I saw Kalibak, Firestorm (Jason Rusch) was staggering him with punches and later KO'ed him with a nuclear explosion.