#1 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Picture this scenario, the Thing creature from 1982's The Thing has just been face-hugged by a Facehugger from the Alien movies. What would happen next? Would the Thing assimilate the facehugger or would the facehugger plant a xenomorph embryo inside the Thing, and produce a Xenomorph/Thing hybrid?    
#2 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the Thing would kill and Assimilate the Facehugger before it could lay an egg.

#3 Posted by mesosteros (145 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing Would assimilate it. It can change shapes so the facehugger couldn't even impregnate it since it would close any holes it may have.

#4 Posted by wecantgetaway (14 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing vs. pretty much anything = certain death.

#5 Posted by mesosteros (145 posts) - - Show Bio

^ this ^ Possible exception is the Human Torch.

#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@mesosteros said:
" ^ this ^ Possible exception is the Human Torch. "
that all depends. what if it's mimicking say one of the other fantastic four, then get close enough to assimilate Johnny before he does anything.

Fire Lord is a better example
#7 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@wecantgetaway said:
"The Thing vs. pretty much anything = certain death. "

Do you think it can really infect a Xenamorph? With the acid blood?  

And would you gusy root for if that the Xenamorphs encountered the Thing?
#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @wecantgetaway said:
  Do you think it can really infect a Xenamorph? With the acid blood?   And would you gusy root for if that the Xenamorphs encountered the Thing? "
A: yes acid has never been shown to effect it, so far the only confirmed method of killing it is with fire.

B: yes i would root for the Thing. because the Thing is scarier. Xenomorphs are Awesome, but the thought of a creature that can mimick anything is creepy.
#9 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @wecantgetaway said:
  Do you think it can really infect a Xenamorph? With the acid blood?   And would you gusy root for if that the Xenamorphs encountered the Thing? "
A: yes acid has never been shown to effect it, so far the only confirmed method of killing it is with fire.  B: yes i would root for the Thing. because the Thing is scarier. Xenomorphs are Awesome, but the thought of a creature that can mimick anything is creepy. "

Acid was never used on it...
#10 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the facehugger could probably have enough time to implant an embryo in the Thing before it was assimilated. Then later on, the Thing would assmilate the facehugger but also produce Xenomorph hybrid. 
Now a XenoThing, that would be awesome.
#11 Posted by mesosteros (145 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @mesosteros said:
" ^ this ^ Possible exception is the Human Torch. "
that all depends. what if it's mimicking say one of the other fantastic four, then get close enough to assimilate Johnny before he does anything.  Fire Lord is a better example "
But isn't Johnny's blood boiling constantly? 

@Lantern Prime said:
" @wecantgetaway said:
Yeah... it would start by infecting it's cells instead of the acid.
#12 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @Caligula said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @wecantgetaway said:
A: yes acid has never been shown to effect it, so far the only confirmed method of killing it is with fire.  B: yes i would root for the Thing. because the Thing is scarier. Xenomorphs are Awesome, but the thought of a creature that can mimick anything is creepy. "
Acid was never used on it... "
no it wasn't. so that's my point exactly you are working on a theory. that there is no evidence to support.
#13 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

thing

#14 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@mesosteros: im not a human torch expert so i don't know. but as far as i can recall i don't remember reading that.

again not saying you are incorrect. just saying i have never heard that. nor have i seen it proven.
#15 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

XenoThing, I wonder what it would be able to do?
#16 Posted by NightFang (9862 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
" XenoThing, I wonder what it would be able to do? "
             It would be crappy as hell.
#17 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the Thing?

#18 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
"What was the Thing? "

Well it wasn't a member of the Fantastic Four. In the 1982 film, "The Thing" and in a short story called "Who Goes There?", the Thing is a parasitic, alien shape-shifter that assimilated it's victims in order to imitate them. Sort of like an alien disease, the Thing multiplies and imitates various lifeforms, gaining their memories, personalities and abilities. Just touching it can get you consumed by the Thing.
#19 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123: Thanks for the info.
#20 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @Moomin123: Thanks for the info. "

No probs, so who do you think would win now?
#21 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Moomin123 said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Moomin123: Thanks for the info. "
No probs, so who do you think would win now? "
Given the info you gave me, I would say that the Thing probably wins.
#22 Posted by the referee (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

I go with the thing

#23 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio
@wecantgetaway said:
" The Thing vs. pretty much anything = certain death. "
Agreed
#24 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate facehuggers. 

Thing.
#25 Posted by progenitor (7532 posts) - - Show Bio
@wecantgetaway said:

The Thing, unlike the Aliens, is a one-mind collective.  Actually, the Thing is an alien, so it'd be alien vs. alien, but the Thing would just absorb the facehugger, then try and pose as a facehugger to get to other Aliens.
#26 Posted by King-Stranglehold da first (3215 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
"@wecantgetaway said:
The Thing, unlike the Aliens, is a one-mind collective.  Actually, the Thing is an alien, so it'd be alien vs. alien, but the Thing would just absorb the facehugger, then try and pose as a facehugger to get to other Aliens. "

The Thing is a alien?
#27 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio
@King-Stranglehold da first said:
"@progenitor said:
"@wecantgetaway said:
The Thing, unlike the Aliens, is a one-mind collective.  Actually, the Thing is an alien, so it'd be alien vs. alien, but the Thing would just absorb the facehugger, then try and pose as a facehugger to get to other Aliens. "
The Thing is a alien? "

Yeah, it crash landed to Earth thousands of years ago in the Antarctic, that's how the humans in the movie find it.
#28 Posted by Kennypow (131 posts) - - Show Bio

It would subdue The Thing Easly. i would like to see what would chest Bust out of the Thing tough ^_^