#1 Edited by HighlyEvolved (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Ezio as shown in the revelations trailer, Bruce Wayne right after his training, has not officially become Batman yet. So no gadgets. Ezio has everything but his guns. I think this is pretty fair. I think out of ten battles Bruce would win seven. Ezio would beat him in the first couple fights, and then Bruce would eventually learn his style and beat the crap out of him. Kind of like his fight with Talon in the court of Owls arc.

#2 Posted by ZackTheBoss (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done, but Ezio could give a noob Bruce a run for his money with all of his weapons. At least make it a more trained Bruce, or give him some basic gadgets

#3 Edited by reaverlation (14144 posts) - - Show Bio

in a h2h fight bruce can still beat ezio in a stomp as he has a great knowledge of how to fight before officially becoming batman

#4 Posted by generator2000 (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

Ezio. If it was an older, more experienced Bruce Wayne, I might be indifferent.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (38891 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce.

#6 Posted by Black_Arrow (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce still wins.

#7 Posted by reaverlation (14144 posts) - - Show Bio

@generator2000: this is bruce after his training meaning all his knowledge on how to fight can still apply here which means he still outclasses ezio in h2h severly

#8 Posted by OreoAssassin (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

Wayne

#9 Edited by Immortal777 (6949 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce still wins

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19941 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce should still be able to take this without too much difficulty. Ezio isn't massively impressive when compared to comic book street-levelers, and hasn't displayed hand-to-hand combat mastery to the extent of even Wayne fresh out of his training completion. Ezio also doesn't seem too fast in terms of combat speed, and his parkour isn't exactly practical in a straight-up fight like this (not to mention Wayne is probably just as formidable in parkour). On top of that, Wayne is rocking superior versatility due to his superior training under different masters in various fields. The man was dedicated to becoming the best he could be physically and mentally ever since his parents were killed in cold blood, which is around 6 years of age IIRC. Even without the gadgets, Wayne should outclass Ezio. Heck, in LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #102, an inexperienced Batman displayed the ability to use nerve attacks that was able to stop a man from breathing. This is not to mention Bruce has some impressive feats before he became The Dark Knight too. He's mopped the floor with Morgan Duncard, who would be known as Nobody, twice. One instance when he was ambushed by Duncard in BATMAN & ROBIN #5 and still humiliated him in three pages, and another encounter where Bruce narrowly dodged an assassination attempt and utterly humiliated Morgan. Keep in mind Morgan was the son of Henri Duncard, who was referred to as the world's greatest mercenary/tracker. I don't see Auditore getting more than 3-4 wins here. Bruce Wayne should take a solid majority.

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (38891 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by MonsterStomp (16120 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing Ezio outclasses Bruce in, is probably agility. Other than that Bruce wins.

#13 Posted by godzilla44 (2679 posts) - - Show Bio

good battle Ezio gives him a good fight but bruce still comes out on top

#14 Posted by RogueShadow (10036 posts) - - Show Bio

BW has this in the bag.

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19941 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Bruce started training when he was 14 IIRC. Great post nonetheless.

I believe he physically trained and trekked across the world around the age of 14, but he was still reading books on various subjects nearly 24/7 and preparing mentally ever since his parents died. IIRC, in Under the Red Hood, it was shown that Alfred provided Wayne tons of his textbooks which he studied, and was a tradition that carried down to Jason Todd when he was training for Robin as well. I could be wrong since I haven't read it in a couple years, but Bruce was training in one form or another. Thanks for the compliment too.

#16 Posted by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Good battle and just like the OP said Ezio gives Batman a good fight but Bats still comes out on top with superior hand-to-hand skills 70 % of the time.

#17 Posted by generator2000 (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: Even in hand 2 hand combat, he'd give Bruce a run for his money. Bruce would win, but it wouldn't be easy even if this was an older, more experienced Bruce Wayne. I don't think that it is fair that Ezio gets all of his weapons. With his weapons, he'd cut Bruce down. I'm just going by what I know from the video games, trailers, ETC. I give it to Ezio. If Bruce can't figure Ezio's style out in the first battle, he's mince meat.

#18 Posted by Pr0metheus (4968 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce wins w/o much difficulty.

#19 Edited by reaverlation (14144 posts) - - Show Bio

@generator2000: As you have seen already mainly everyone agrees Bruce takes this rather easily for being physically better and more skillful by a huge margin.One well place nerve strike and he's finished.More experience Bruce makes this a slaughter.The assassins aren't in Bruce's caliber and the only chance of beating him is all together and Bruce can still possibly win(more likely IMO)

#20 Posted by generator2000 (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: It doesn't matter if everyone else thinks something. I think something else. If Ezio gets all of his weapons, he'd kill Bruce. He could see Bruce coming from a distance, Bruce isn't a killer, and if Ezio didn't drop all of his weapons and try to face Bruce in Hand to hand combat, there is no way a young Bruce would win. I'm honestly not sure what is canon or not in Assassin's creed, but from what I've seen from the Revelations trailer alone, I'm sure he could match Bruce Wayne.

#21 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19941 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: It doesn't matter if everyone else thinks something. I think something else. If Ezio gets all of his weapons, he'd kill Bruce. He could see Bruce coming from a distance, Bruce isn't a killer, and if Ezio didn't drop all of his weapons and try to face Bruce in Hand to hand combat, there is no way a young Bruce would win. I'm honestly not sure what is canon or not in Assassin's creed, but from what I've seen from the Revelations trailer alone, I'm sure he could match Bruce Wayne.

Ezio wouldn't be able to get the drop on even a young Batman, up close or from a distance. Almost all of Ezio's equipment is metallic and can shine, and that alone would allow Wayne to spot the assassin. In BATMAN & ROBIN #6 Bruce was able to spot Morgan about to snipe him at the last second, rolled with the shot, and tracked down the would-be killer in seconds. He then proceeded to give a brutal and humiliating beating.

Keep in mind that's Batman with a sniper bullet in him, bleeding profusely from his wounds. I highly doubt any of Auditore's equipment is going to be able to take down Wayne.

#22 Edited by generator2000 (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: You still have to remember, Ezio is still a killer with blades. If Bruce approached him, Ezio would get the drop on him. Ezio with all of his blades, knives and bombs may be able to beat him. Batman isn't unbeatable. I'm pretty sure Ezio could spot Bruce Wayne coming and if Bruce can't figure Ezio's style out quickly, he's toast. I'm not saying it would be easy, but Ezio is capable of beating a young Bruce Wayne. Bruce would get hit or stabbed. Depending on the weapon, one hit might just be enough to kill him.

#23 Posted by reaverlation (14144 posts) - - Show Bio

@generator2000: ezio is nowhere near as skilled as bruce.Bruce has given great fights to ras al ghul in swordfighting so Bruce isn't an amateur with bladed weapons.Ezio is inferior to Bruce in every way beside probably freerunning and yet Bruce can stiil keep up with him.One hit will not kill him unless of course its somewhere vital but Ezio won't land a hit on him.If nightwing can't touch Bruce unless he wanted him to what makes you think Ezio or any of the assassins can?

#24 Posted by dondave (34597 posts) - - Show Bio

Wayne

#25 Edited by Pope052 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Wayne

Uh, Ezio has everything but his hidden-pistols. That includes his sword, armor, hidden blades, poison blade/darts, hook blade, smoke bombs, throwing knives, crossbow, parachutes, metal cestus, and so on. Also adding in his skill, and experience from being an Assassin.

In what universe is an unequipped, pre-Batman, Bruce Wayne beating a fully-equipped, fully-trained, and fully-experienced Ezio Auditore?

#26 Posted by reaverlation (14144 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: for the fact itt says bruce after training meaning all his physicals and skills still apply here which means he is faster,way stronger,skilled by a giant margin and stealthier to where ezio can not compete.

#27 Edited by Pope052 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation:

Uh, that's implying that Ezio isn't physically strong, fast, and has stealth too? Ezio has everything, he is fully-trained with 50+ years of learned skill and experience of being an Assassin. That's him mastered all of his parkour, fighting, swordsmanship, stealth and various other skills altogether.

Combine that with Ezio's full weapon and equipment set, he is not just beating, he is stomping a Pre-Batman unequipped Bruce Wayne with nowhere near the amount of skill and experience that Ezio had achieved over his Asssassin's age.

#28 Edited by generator2000 (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation:

@reaverlation said:

@generator2000: ezio is nowhere near as skilled as bruce.Bruce has given great fights to ras al ghul in swordfighting so Bruce isn't an amateur with bladed weapons.Ezio is inferior to Bruce in every way beside probably freerunning and yet Bruce can stiil keep up with him.One hit will not kill him unless of course its somewhere vital but Ezio won't land a hit on him.If nightwing can't touch Bruce unless he wanted him to what makes you think Ezio or any of the assassins can?

Batman has repeatedly been beaten and almost beaten by masked nobodies including Black Spider, Killer Moth, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Two=Face, etc and that was a FULL-TRAINED Batman. It would take a FULL TRAINED at his PEAK Batman to defeat Ezio at his peak. A pre-Batman Bruce Wayne would lose badly. Besides, a pre-Batman Bruce managed to get jumped on by a hooker and shot by the cops. If he was THAT SLOPPY, and EZIO JUMPED ON HIM, Bruce would be stabbed to death.

Ezio has radar vision. He'd see Bruce coming from a mle away. Ezio has poisonous blades, smoke bombs and distance weapons.

#29 Posted by reaverlation (14144 posts) - - Show Bio

@generator2000: What has Ezio done to prove he is as skilled as Batman or even physically strong or fast?

#30 Posted by RetconCrisis (3378 posts) - - Show Bio

Peak Bruce in New 52 without any weapons and nothing more than a night robe fought off multiple Talons, who are each about Ezio's skill in assassination and combat. So a beginning Batman after training in his martial arts may be able to take on Ezio.

#31 Edited by generator2000 (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: In the very beginning of the game, he defeats a mob of soldier with weapons with his blade and hands. That alone made me think that he could beat Bruce Wayne. Bruce wasn't as experienced and could be caught off guard. Ezio could take this.

#32 Posted by reaverlation (14144 posts) - - Show Bio

@generator2000: Those guards didn't prove to be anymore different than the thugs Bruce beats like when he beat up thugs left and right for 28 hours while not trying to kill them.I'm not trying to make Ezio seem like sucks(trust me I am a giant fan of the Assassins Creed games with Brotherhood as favorite and AC 3 as 2nd fav)its just the Assassins aren't in Bruce's league in most if not all departments

#33 Posted by gunswordfist_ (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce stomps. Bruce can even freerun better than Ezio. BW is kind of known for have great freerunning.

#34 Posted by Pope052 (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation:

What has Ezio done to prove he is as skilled as Batman or even physically strong or fast?

I'll give Bruce the raw strength, but what good is that against Ezio in a fight? It would most likely come down to a battle of skill, agility, and mobility. Ezio trumps Bruce in mobility and agility.

Bruce takes the skill but his skill advantage here is negligible considering that he is going up against an opponent who is also highly skilled (albeit not to the same extent, but skilled nonetheless), wearing a set of armor (which doesn't negate Ezio's mobility + unbreakable), equipped with a variety of weaponry and along with some hidden weapons that Bruce is unaware of.

Bruce, is not winning this through sheer skill alone.

Here, notice the length of Ezio's leap (1:50 - 1:53):

Also notice throughout that video, he doesn't use his weapons at all (aside from the prime target, and the hidden-gun), he disarms or counters every guard's attack, and kills them with their own weapon.

• Expert at Parkour - (2:08 - 2:15)
  • Leaps considerable distances between buildings (2:16 - 2:17)

Stealth:

Here Ezio poisons several guards without being detected in a public area with no crowd:

Notice that Ezio's hidden blades are sharp enough to cut through that Heavy Brute armor, they'd be fatal when Ezio connects with Bruce, especially considering that Bruce is unequipped and unarmored in this scenario. Not to mention, without prior knowledge Bruce is unaware of Ezio's hidden blade, and poison darts.

Hell, Ezio could shoot a poison-dart into Batman in the first second of the fight, and win:

As for Ezio's Durability, he can take full-force blows from Brute Guards and keep going (seen in the video provided above).

That's it really. Ezio has the defense, mobility, agility, versatility, offensive, and weaponry advantage. Skill is not saving Bruce in this fight unfortunately, heck Ezio could use Altair's Sword and cut Bruce like paper.

#35 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11829 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce is more skilled and better trained...still wins even at his noobiest.

#36 Posted by generator2000 (1045 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: I honestly think that the Assassins are. Bruce Wayne wasn't the best early in his career. He'd still make rookie mistakes and I think mistakes like those would be his downfall.

#37 Posted by reaverlation (14144 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: no he does not triumph over bruce with agilness and mobility for the fact that he can easily keep up in that department with nightwing.Still have not shown how he is more skillful than somene who spent most of his life learning and mastering 127 martial arts or more,known all the pressure point and nerve strikes of the body,etc.Bruce would dodge anything thrown or shot at him by ezio so its moot.Hits by brute guards are nothing compared to someone who has kicked trees in half or broke bazooka proof glass when not at a hundred percent.Bruce has every advantage over him as being way stronger,faster,ridiculous more skilled,and a stealth advantage that would make ezio look like a complete amateur.