Extinction vs X-Force

Boneawl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Boneawl

Extinction: Cyclops. Emma Frost. Colossus. Danger. Magik. Magneto. Namor.

X-Force: Wolverine. Deadpool. E.V.A. Fantomex. Psylocke. Deathlok. Nightcrawler

Round 1: Morals on, standard equipment

Round 2: No morals, standard equipment

Which X-men team will prevail? State reasons why.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

X-Force could win due to Fantomex/Psylocke and Kurt.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Illuminatus said:
Both can't take Danger nor Colossus in my book. Besides, in moment in which Kurt will try his trick with head-teleportation, Magneto or Danger will kill him. I also doubt that Fantomex powers works on Magneto, Colossus or Danger.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ReVamp

Morals on Extinction takes it easy. Morals Off, it could potentially work if Fantomex pulled something amazing out of his ass, but I haven't actually seen him do something like that.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skaddix

@ReVamp said:

Morals on Extinction takes it easy. Morals Off, it could potentially work if Fantomex pulled something amazing out of his ass, but I haven't actually seen him do something like that.

Does it matter? his team still lacks sufficient firepower to take down Collosus. And I am not sure magneto needs to see to strip them of all their weapons.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#6  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

extinction team hands down. shouldn't even be an argument here.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@Skaddix said:

@ReVamp said:

Does it matter? his team still lacks sufficient firepower to take down Collosus. And I am not sure magneto needs to see to strip them of all their weapons.

Well, if Fantomex can make distort the perception of everyone and basically render them useless, then they wouldn't be able to do anything. Then it would take the team to dispatch them, which they'd be able to do via Adamantium and whatnot.

Regardless, the chances of the X-Force winning or extremely slim .I've read the bulk of Fantomex's appearances (excluding some in Wolverine and the X-Men v2 title, after introduction) and I haven't seen him do anything on that level.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skaddix

Even if u cannot see u can still attack. Honestly, all u need is the ability to do AOE attacks and u can still kill Fantomex.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chiq

Magik teleports them into space or dimension dumps them. A lot of the e-team has psi sheilds ( Colossus, Mags, Magik, Danger and Emma)

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sandiego008

this ... actually appears to be spite unless I am missing something. What the heck is team 2 doing to team 1? You put 3 power power houses magneto, namor, emma frost .. with a potential third magik .. and gave team 2 Fantomex and psylocke ... and a bunch of street levelers. Unless Fantomex and psylocke pull some crazy crap there is no way in hell team 2 has a chance.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BMEZY

@sandiego008 said:

this ... actually appears to be spite unless I am missing something. What the heck is team 2 doing to team 1? You put 3 power power houses magneto, namor, emma frost .. with a potential third magik .. and gave team 2 Fantomex and psylocke ... and a bunch of street levelers. Unless Fantomex and psylocke pull some crazy crap there is no way in hell team 2 has a chance.

basically

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I think Extinction wins both rounds.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rickbarry

I could see three members of the extinction team soloing.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Extinction team should win pretty easily. Wolverine will be useless going against Magneto. Kurt would do some damaged but could be neutralized by Magik interfering with his teleporting. Emma Frost is a more powerful psychic than Psylocke and even if Fantomex pulled a hail mary illusion out of nowhere (which I think he can) he couldn't affect Colossusnaut or Magneto. Cyclops and Namor easily dispatch Deadpool and E.V.A.

Even if Summers went down Magneto or Emma Frost would still be able to take the reins. The only battle I'd be interested to see would be Deathlok vs. Danger. Not sure about that one.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:
Both can't take Danger nor Colossus in my book. Besides, in moment in which Kurt will try his trick with head-teleportation, Magneto or Danger will kill him. I also doubt that Fantomex powers works on Magneto, Colossus or Danger.

They'll work on Magneto and Danger. Colossus is iffy.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By czarny_samael666
@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

Aren't his powers based on telepathy? Not normal form of it, but Magneto, Danger and Colos are immune to all types of TP. 

@sandiego008 said:

You forgot about Colossus in "power houses" part.  ;)@ReVamp said:

@Skaddix said:

@ReVamp said:

Well, if Fantomex can make distort the perception of everyone and basically render them useless, then they wouldn't be able to do anything. Then it would take the team to dispatch them, which they'd be able to do via Adamantium and whatnot.

Regardless, the chances of the X-Force winning or extremely slim .I've read the bulk of Fantomex's appearances (excluding some in Wolverine and the X-Men v2 title, after introduction) and I haven't seen him do anything on that level.

Even if Magneto will see someone else in Fantomex's place, he still can sense metal, which is part of Fantomex's body, so he will still be taken out.

My bigger concern is Kurt, who can just teleport his head off.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReVamp

@czarny_samael666 said:

Even if Magneto will see someone else in Fantomex's place, he still can sense metal, which is part of Fantomex's body, so he will still be taken out. My bigger concern is Kurt, who can just teleport his head off.

Why would he someone else in his place? Fantomex can practically mind control people.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

Aren't his powers based on telepathy? Not normal form of it, but Magneto, Danger and Colos are immune to all types of TP.

They're not, they have nothing to do with telepathy. He's used them on Xavier, Jean and the Shadow King, he's used them on a Deathlok bot and a Celestial ship. Magneto and Danger are definitely susceptible to it. He recently used his misdirection on a god who was manipulating many realities throughout the omniverse, so it could work on Colossus too.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ReVamp

Yeah. Everyone is susceptible to it. Just because its more than simple illusion casting (ie Inducing thoughts/feelings onto people), doesn't mean it stems from Telepathy.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BringnIt

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

They're not, they have nothing to do with telepathy. He's used them on Xavier, Jean and the Shadow King, he's used them on a Deathlok bot and a Celestial ship. Magneto and Danger are definitely susceptible to it. He recently used his misdirection on a god who was manipulating many realities throughout the omniverse, so it could work on Colossus too.

Didn't the god break the misdirection?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@BringnIt said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

Because Fantomex had the bad luck to create an illusion that the god knew couldn't possibly be true. Anything else would probably have worked.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By czarny_samael666
@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I forgot about Deathlok. Okay, but somehow Magneto would not know how to stop Fantomex? He will sense metal parts in his head.

@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Even if Magneto will see someone else in Fantomex's place, he still can sense metal, which is part of Fantomex's body, so he will still be taken out. My bigger concern is Kurt, who can just teleport his head off.

Why would he someone else in his place? Fantomex can practically mind control people.

Ok, but how does that help him against Mags?
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReVamp

@czarny_samael666 said:

How would it not.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

I forgot about Deathlok. Okay, but somehow Magneto would not know how to stop Fantomex? He will sense metal parts in his head.

What does that have to do with the misdirection? Magneto will try to stop Fantomex only to discover that he's actually killed all of his teammates. It affects your senses and perceptions, so sensing metal parts isn't going to help.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By czarny_samael666
@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

How would it not.

Wait. I don't share Your type of wiew on this battle. Please, elaborate Your scenario here, to make it easier.

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

What does that have to do with the misdirection? Magneto will try to stop Fantomex only to discover that he's actually killed all of his teammates. It affects your senses and perceptions, so sensing metal parts isn't going to help.

Ok, I see it now.  I remember fight against Shadow King in some factory, he affected his ability to find people by their thoughts. 

So it comes down to reaction speed - who will attack faster, Magneto or Fantomex.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReVamp

@czarny_samael666 said:

@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

How would it not.

Wait. I don't share Your type of wiew on this battle. Please, elaborate Your scenario here, to make it easier.

Don't have one. Extinction most probably wins. I said that if Fantomex pulls something out of his a** then they may win. If not, they don't.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By czarny_samael666
@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@ReVamp said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

How would it not.

Don't have one. Extinction most probably wins. I said that if Fantomex pulls something out of his a** then they may win. If not, they don't.

IDK the score now... Excinition have more powerhouses, but...
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#28  Edited By TDK_1997

X-Force can take this.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BringnIt
@CitizenBane said:

@BringnIt said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

Because Fantomex had the bad luck to create an illusion that the god knew couldn't possibly be true. Anything else would probably have worked.

I see.  Makes sense.  That was the first issue of X-Force I've read, actually.  How did the guy who was butchering Fantomex's face at the beginning of the issue beat him?  I'm trying to get a grasp on the character.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jeanroygrant

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I think Extinction wins both rounds.