Extinction Team vs. JLA (Morrison run)

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarkChris

Extinction team: Cyclops, Storm, Emma Frost, Colossus, Magik, Magneto, Namor, Danger, Hope

JLA: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Flash (Wally West), Plastic Man and Steel

Place: New York

Colossus can tap into Juggeranut power.

No Caption Provided

They knew they would fight.

Prep time.

Namor has called his army. Same with Aquaman.

Both teams can call a member from their team (JLA can call Huntress, Big Barda etc. and Cyclops can call any member from the Security Team)

No Caption Provided
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By HolySerpent

Kyle and flash win

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DarkChris

If Hope can copy JLA's powers, they are stomped. Colossus can take Supes (if he is in Juggernaut mode), Batman with prep can take Cyclops and Namor vs. Aquaman goes to Namor, because he doesn't need water every hour.

Wonder Woman vs. Frost will be an interesting match. They both have physical power (Emma when in diamond form) but Diana has her lasso and her bracelets and also she knows how to fight. Of course, if Martian Manhunter can resist Emma's telepathy, then Emma will go after WW. And WW will probably win.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chiq
No Caption Provided

The fight starts in ny. Can they be brought to Limbo? Is Hope at full potential?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By HolySerpent

Hope can only copy mutant powers

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chiq

If the fight is only in NY and if hope is only operating on current feats, JLA stomps. If Magik can bring them to Limbo and Hope is operating at her full potential the X-men win. In the preview of uncanny x-men 3 hope is stalemating a Celestial powered sinister's TP.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Decoy Elite

@DarkChris said:

If Hope can copy JLA's powers, they are stomped. Colossus can take Supes (if he is in Juggernaut mode), Batman with prep can take Cyclops and Namor vs. Aquaman goes to Namor, because he doesn't need water every hour.

No, Aquaman vs Namor goes to Aquaman because he can mind rape.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

JLA

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

JLA has this.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@DarkChris said:

Wonder Woman vs. Frost will be an interesting match. They both have physical power (Emma when in diamond form) but Diana has her lasso and her bracelets and also she knows how to fight. Of course, if Martian Manhunter can resist Emma's telepathy, then Emma will go after WW. And WW will probably win.

To my knowledge, she can only copy powers of mutants.

WW > Frost in physical match.

I say overall JLA has this.

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By slick23

JLA stomps

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Afro_Warrior

Hope is only able to absorb mutant powers, and aside from Hope i think Colossus (w/ juggernaut powers) and Frost would be the biggest threats.

Supes BFR's Colossus and the Martian is more than good enough to prevent an Emma Frost telepathic assault. The only wild card left in my opinion is Magik, however the team gets prep, so i assume Batman will come up with something.

JLA win.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chiq

@Afro_Warrior said:

Hope is only able to absorb mutant powers, and aside from Hope i think Colossus (w/ juggernaut powers) and Frost would be the biggest threats.

Frost? hmm..I personally think she won't do much. (because of the Martian) I agree with Hope and Colossus. The JLA's biggest problems for me are Hope, Colossus and Magik.( she can bfr people or take them to Limbo and time travel )

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By madrid_san

wouldn't Magneto cause some problems as well as in stopping brain activity, or controling Steel (assuming he is metal lol) to kill Batman. Namor doesn;t need to submerged every hour either.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@madrid_san said:
wouldn't Magneto cause some problems as well as in stopping brain activity, or controling Steel (assuming he is metal lol) to kill Batman. Namor doesn;t need to submerged every hour either.
Flash will level Magneto before he can do that.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Saren
No Caption Provided
Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@chiq said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

Frost? hmm..I personally think she won't do much. (because of the Martian) I agree with Hope and Colossus. The JLA's biggest problems for me are Hope, Colossus and Magik.( she can bfr people or take them to Limbo and time travel )

Yep, thanks to the Martian, she's pretty much neutralised as a threat, and on second thoughts if were going to use Magik's time travelling feats, we might as well take into account Wally's high end speed feats as well. West could conceivably solo everyone bar Colossus (assuming he starts Jugged out).

Either way JLA can't lose.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chiq

@Afro_Warrior said:

@chiq said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

Yep, thanks to the Martian, she's pretty much neutralised as a threat, and on second thoughts if were going to use Magik's time travelling feats, we might as well take into account Wally's high end speed feats as well. West could conceivably solo everyone bar Colossus (assuming he starts Jugged out).

Agreed, if the JLA blitz it is over. that's why for me, the only chance the x-men have is magik taking them to limbo where she can do almost anything and/or hope going all out, but we still don't have enough feats from hope to know how powerful she really is. We will probably find out after she goes head to head with wanda. So i'd go back to this battle after the E-team has a whole year or two worth of feats.

Cyclops: the moment we step on to the battle field, take us to limbo magik. or stay in limbo and port us there when the battle begins. (but its starts in ny so...lol)

Batman: Wally, take out Magik before we get ported to limbo...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

@chiq said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@chiq said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

Agreed, if the JLA blitz it is over. that's why for me, the only chance the x-men have is magik taking them to limbo where she can do almost anything and/or hope going all out, but we still don't have enough feats from hope to know how powerful she really is. We will probably find out after she goes head to head with wanda. So i'd go back to this battle after the E-team has a whole year or two worth of feats.

Cyclops: the moment we step on to the battle field, take us to limbo magik. or stay in limbo and port us there when the battle begins. (but its starts in ny so...lol)

Batman: Wally, take out Magik before we get ported to limbo...

Teleporting to Limbo is an automatic BFR, not really an option here.

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarkChris

Colossus is Juggernaut from the beginning.

Hope can copy all the powers from her team.

Magik can take them to Limbo.

but.....

Batman has prep time.

MM can resist telepathic attacks from both Emma and Hope (maybe combined too).

I think of it as a more difficult battle. The factors I wrote can be critical. I mean, a god knows what Hope can do.

But probably JLA wins. Probably.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By chiq
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Magik 1 worries beings like these.

if the fight is in limbo the x-men win. Magik 2 who is a weaker magik who uses magik 1's soul sword and is called the pretender and weaker copy is capable of this. (ordering around beings like these) Magik has banished amanda from limbo and even with all her power magik two and strange can't enter it.

Hope is an enigma, too early to tell what she is really capable off.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

if the fight is in ny i go with the JLA...unless hope turns into a legion, dark phoenix or wanda type of character as indicated by the yellow bars ( 7's across the board) in the scan above. so the x-men's only chance is with hope and magik. Colossus would get mindraped...unless emma can keep mm occupied( i doubt she can)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Saren

@chiq said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Magik 1 worries beings like these.

if the fight is in limbo the x-men win. Magik 2 who is a weaker magik who uses magik 1's soul sword and is called the pretender and weaker copy is capable of this. (ordering around beings like these) Magik has banished amanda from limbo and even with all her power magik two and strange can't enter it.

Hope is an enigma, too early to tell what she is really capable off.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

if the fight is in ny i go with the JLA...unless hope turns into a legion, dark phoenix or wanda type of character as indicated by the yellow bars ( 7's across the board) in the scan above. so the x-men's only chance is with hope and magik. Colossus would get mindraped...unless emma can keep mm occupied( i doubt she can)

Again, going to Limbo is an instant BFR that results in a default loss for Magik and nothing more. It's not an option. Hope has never been able to absorb upper-tier powers without passing out.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By chiq

@CitizenBane: the thread starter said they can go to limbo...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Saren

@chiq said:

Apologies, I didn't see that. Even so, there are a number of people on the JLA side who can take out Magik, and Hope cannot mimic that kind of power without passing out. They can't call in Legion or Wanda because neither one of them is part of the Utopia security team. That clause slants it severely in the JLA's favor, since it leaves them free to call in people like the Spectre or the Phantom Stranger.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By chiq

@CitizenBane said:

@chiq said:

Apologies, I didn't see that. Even so, there are a number of people on the JLA side who can take out Magik, and Hope cannot mimic that kind of power without passing out. They can't call in Legion or Wanda because neither one of them is part of the Utopia security team. That clause slants it severely in the JLA's favor, since it leaves them free to call in people like the Spectre or the Phantom Stranger.

@CitizenBane:

I wasn't saying they can call in wanda or legion. I was just saying hope is in the infancy of her career and if we go by past feats i agree she can't take on the JLA. However i said that this battle might change in a couple of months or years seeing as marvel has indicated her power will most likely ramp up with all these yellow bars indicating her potential. they are matching her up with wanda...so it remains to be seen if hope lives up to the hype or not.

No Caption Provided

and if you tell me that flash blitzes magik before she can port them into limbo i agree. That's why i said the JLA win in NY.

If they do end up in limbo ( all it takes is a split second) I think the X-men can win since Magik can manipulate matter, call on hell fire,manipulate time, is immortal do basically what most hell lords can do, basically she's a hell lord or a god like being there. She can fight beings like Mephisto one on one in the splinter realm dimension or if shes feeling nasty fuse the earth to limbo like she did in inferno ( but the fusing to the earth to limbo thing is a stretch, she only did that once and she was tricked into doing it. its not in character so it irrelevant in this battle)

so this is just my opinion: NY: JLA Limbo: X-men. if you include people like the spectre of course the jla wins...was this hal as the spectre?

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By PikminMania

@DarkChris said:

MM has better telepathy than Emma, Aquaman has water in the air, none of the JLA are mutants.

@HolySerpent said:

Kyle and flash win
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

JLA stomp.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By termiteone4ever

This Jla Wins And if its the Blue supes Well for sure . Plus flash and Kyle and john

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Colossus needs to be BFR'd before he gets his Juggernaut on 

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Dex_Starr

Flash can pretty much solo everyone here except for Colossus who they'd have to BFR.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saren

They wouldn't need to BFR Colossus, in all his showings so far he has been portrayed as significantly weaker than Juggernaut. His helmet was shattered by Cyclops in UXM #2. Recreate the effect and let J'onn work his magic.

Of course, the JLA would need to know about that, but I suppose J'onn could rip the information from one of the X-Men's heads.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By utotheg38

@CitizenBane said:

No Caption Provided

Hey, I'm stealing this

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus