Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By thewidowsbite

Exodus 

Magik 

Martian Manhunter 

Raven 

Everyone has their full powerset, NO morals, and Magik has her current abilities and magical power (more powerful than her former limited sorcery). Comics Raven, NOT tv show Raven with a wide array of telekinesis (comics Raven, to my knowledge, rarely displays telekinesis).
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FinalStar86

Without morals Martian rips both of them in half

Stripes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stripes

Martian is just too strong and with Raven? That's a win

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
@FinalStar86 said:
" Without morals Martian rips both of them in half "
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fire Star
@FinalStar86 said:
"Without morals Martian rips both of them in half "
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crackerjack82

Exodus is very hard to kill, his TP is not par with MM's, But is versatile enough to pull something off, but doubt he would win, Magik, may be able to beat raven, if she does and Exodus is still live, they can double team MM, and possibly win.  

Granted this is only a small chance, they win 8 out of 100 times

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thewidowsbite
@crackerjack82:
Interesting. I've read a lot of DC as a kid but I've mostly read Marvel, so I know all about most of it's characters. I never thought MM was that powerful of a telepath, what all can he do? And how does his level compare to some of Marvel's telepaths?
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By PirateKing69

Team 2

BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackDove

Martian Manhunter alone is one of DC's most powerful telepaths. Along with Raven who also exploits the mind to her advantage, Team 2 for the win.
ryanthereaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ryanthereaper
@thewidowsbite: he can mind rape the spectre.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silver2467
@thewidowsbite said:
" @crackerjack82: Interesting. I've read a lot of DC as a kid but I've mostly read Marvel, so I know all about most of it's characters. I never thought MM was that powerful of a telepath, what all can he do? And how does his level compare to some of Marvel's telepaths? "
This is a somewhat old comment, but I will answer this anyway. 

J'onn can perform mental probes, shield himself/others from mental intrusion, transfer information between minds, establish telepathic links, track others mentally, erase memories, alter thoughts, mind control other beings, create telepathic suggestions, enter/exit the astral plane, generate illusions, induce sleep, shut off other beings' minds, put other beings into comas, cause mental trauma, interface with/scan machinery, project/manipulate psionic energy, interact with souls/consciousnesses and a half a dozen other applications I forget about.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silver2467

The Martian never really mindraped the Spectre. He entered Spectre's mind and dragged him to the astral plane, and although there seemed to be some unrest on Spectre's part, J'onn's intention was never to cause any mental harm to him nor was there. 

ryanthereaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ryanthereaper
@Silver2467: it was the spectre. pretty impressive  IMO.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467
@ryanthereaper: I never said otherwise. It is a very impressive feat. I was simply addressing the notion that the Martian mindraped him.
ryanthereaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ryanthereaper
@Silver2467: point taken.
thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thewidowsbite
@Silver2467:
Great examples. Now I have a good idea of what level he's at. But how does he stack up to some of Marvel's telepaths? Who from Marvel would be either a difficult challenge, a standstill, or a total wipe out (as in MM would lose easily and/or badly) aganst MM in your opinion?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silver2467
@thewidowsbite: He would wreck Xavier in a telepathic battle, if that gives you any indication. He has mentally scanned the entire earth at least three times; has scanned entire countries in seconds easily; has linked his mind with every hero on earth; has communicated with heroes on earth all the way from the moon; was used to send out a telepathic message to everyone on earth all the way from Mars; has telepathically influenced armies without effort; entered Spectre's mind twice, took Spectre to the astral plane, and bypassed mental restraints from Spectre; fought four or five Saturnians on the astral plane; effortlessly beat his brother, Malefic, on the astral plane; mind controlled at least four White Martians simultaneously; was used to mind control the JLA; put White Martians into comas; bypassed mental restraints from Fernus; probed the Mageddon machinery; entered Despero's mind; has beaten psionic energy beings; mind controlled the Joker and made him sane while Joker had the Philosopher's Stone; mindraped several Atlantean soldiers; put the entire JLA to sleep; shut off Flash's mind; put Vishnu to sleep; has fired psionic blasts that can injure characters with Kryptonian level durability; has shielded himself and others from more than one planetary telepath, such as Starro, a planet-amped Doctor Destiny, and Mageddon; and there are several other telepathic feats I could list. 
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually don't think either the Martian Manhunter or Raven have the power to take Magik down - she's immune to most subtle uses of telepathy or empathic manipulation, which neutralizes most of Raven's repertoire and Martian Manhunter's mental powers, and her soulsword is easily more potent than Raven's soul self; Raven's powers come from magic, but she is not really a magic user - she has no defense against a weapon like the soulsword and it could either kill her, disrupt her powers or quickly incapacitate her. If Magik used her most potent tactic off the bat, and with her mindset and personality, there is no reason to think she wouldn't, and teleported them all to Limbo where she is most powerful, she could easily defeat both of them. 

Considering how inconsistent the Martian Manhunter is, I also think Exodus could beat him or keep him busy long enough for Magik to finish off Raven and then take M.M. out. 

I really think Magik is a wildcard whose mutant power of time and dimensional travel is so instantaneous that it should be considered Omega class, and in her favored dimension, she is nigh-omnipotent. I actually think this is tough to call; I give this to Team 1, because Magik and Exodus have consistent power levels and feats, whereas Raven and Martian Manhunter fluctuate between usefulness and being low-balled in legitimate storylines - though they should be powerful, they have enough limits and issues that they are less dangerous than characters with weaker powers but more training and higher combat training.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Silver2467
@PhoenixoftheTides: Does Magik have superhuman reflexes? Because if not, J'onn kills her in one punch before she ever thinks of BFRing the team to limbo.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: The thing is - superhuman reflexes don't really apply to her. Her mystical armor and soulsword appears immediately when she is attacked. Since these are mystical in nature, superhuman powers will be blunted, so even he tries to speedblitz her, her soularmor will come up and she'll most likely teleport automatically. Also, the soularmor confers a degree of superhuman strength to her, so she could survive a incapacitating blow. And she can teleport through time, so she could conceivably be beaten one day, and use her teleportation disc to go back in time to win. Plus her mystical abilities in the real world have been increased, but she has always had the power to sense mystical presences and perform astral projection, which further neutralize Raven's soulsword. Another factor: her teleportation discs are instantaneous unless she specifically wills them to be centered on a particular space; M.M. could try to speedblitz her and be thrown into Limbo out of instinct. Combined with her psionic shields, these additional abilities really put her on a level above where she would seem to be at first glance. She's similar to M.M. in that she can really be a wildcard. 

I'm a little leery of "speedblitzing" or relying on superhuman reflexes in the case of characters with multiple powers; what we see tend to happen is that they rely on a certain set of powers first before resorting to these. For example, M.M. is faster but he would most likely try telepathy first while Superman or Supergirl would try to use their strength first, IMHO, whereas a character whose primary power is superspeed, like Flash, Aurora, Northstar or Quicksilver, would be more likely to utilize their super reflexes and speed to take out a character ASAP.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silver2467
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
"For example, M.M. is faster but he would most likely try telepathy first while Superman or Supergirl would try to use their strength first, IMHO, whereas a character whose primary power is superspeed, like Flash, Aurora, Northstar or Quicksilver, would be more likely to utilize their super reflexes and speed to take out a character ASAP.   
First of all, this is not true. The Martian tends to fight with use of his strength first and foremost, as he prefers not to intrude in other people's minds. Second, this is moot anyway because morals are off. 

" @Silver2467: The thing is - superhuman reflexes don't really apply to her. Her mystical armor and soulsword appears immediately when she is attacked. Since these are mystical in nature, superhuman powers will be blunted, so even he tries to speedblitz her, her soularmor will come up and she'll most likely teleport automatically. Also, the soularmor confers a degree of superhuman strength to her, so she could survive a incapacitating blow. And she can teleport through time, so she could conceivably be beaten one day, and use her teleportation disc to go back in time to win. Plus her mystical abilities in the real world have been increased, but she has always had the power to sense mystical presences and perform astral projection, which further neutralize Raven's soulsword. Another factor: her teleportation discs are instantaneous unless she specifically wills them to be centered on a particular space; M.M. could try to speedblitz her and be thrown into Limbo out of instinct. Combined with her psionic shields, these additional abilities really put her on a level above where she would seem to be at first glance. She's similar to M.M. in that she can really be a wildcard.    
Is she durable enough to withstand a blow from a being as strong as Superman? Because if not, she dies. Period. And having super strength attests nothing to her durability anyway.  

Pertaining to basically BFRing herself after already being incapacitated/killed, this is just a poor attempt to argue around her being defeated. If she dies, she dies. It really is that simple. 

Honestly, none of this even answered my question to begin with. If she lacks the speed to evade an attack from him and she lacks the durability to survive said attack, she loses.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: You seem to be assuming that she would be fighting him alone. If you look at my initial response, I stated that Magik would take out Raven while Exodus fought Martian Manhunter. I think Exodus can beat Martian Manhunter, and Team 1's odds of victory increase when Exodus and Magik are concentrating on M.M. Exodus seems much more powerful than M.M., and even if weakened, could drain M.M.'s psionic energy to bring himself up back to full capacity whereh is super strength, energy blasts, force fields, teleportation and telepathy could be more than a match for M.M. Plus he can heal himself and has survived & recovered from having his organs blasted apart by Dust.  

Don't really know if she could survive a blow from a being with Superman's strength; her soularmor is mystical in nature - magic abilities seem to operate with different physics from superpowers. Dr. Stranges' force fields can withstand blows from god-like entities, for example. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Silver2467
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
" @Silver2467: You seem to be assuming that she would be fighting him alone. If you look at my initial response, I stated that Magik would take out Raven while Exodus fought Martian Manhunter. I think Exodus can beat Martian Manhunter, and Team 1's odds of victory increase when Exodus and Magik are concentrating on M.M. Exodus seems much more powerful than M.M., and even if weakened, could drain M.M.'s psionic energy to bring himself up back to full capacity whereh is super strength, energy blasts, force fields, teleportation and telepathy could be more than a match for M.M. Plus he can heal himself and has survived & recovered from having his organs blasted apart by Dust.  "
You are completely ignoring the key and original point I emphasized: J'onn is faster than both of them. Neither would have an opportunity to use any of their powers if he can simply plows through them by brute strength before they ever realize the fight started.  
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467:  Do reflexes or superspeed matter when the teleporter can simply vanish and re-appear somewhere else? Technically, instant teleportation is a match for or superior to superspeed, and I don't see either character going into this without their guard up. Exodus can teleport and has extremely strong TK shields at levels high enough to make him counted as one of the most powerful mutants. Also, tt's not like either Magik or Exodus can be tracked mentally; Exodus telepathy was on par with Professor X's at one point (during Legacy) and Magik has the psi-shields. J'Onn has super speed but the battlefield conditions said all the fighters were at their most powerful and with bloodlust on, I don't see either Magik or Exodus being easy opponents to pin down and speed blitz. They're not going to stand around in one place when their main advantage is mobility and being able to take the battlefield wherever they want. Magik can take out Raven while Exodus keeps Martian Manhunter busy with mental assaults and TK attacks, and then Magik sends M.M. away to Limbo where their advantage increases.

Oh yeah, not implying that this is a stomp or an easy match, but I just don't think M.M.'s speed or telepathy easily gives him a win, and I still think Raven is weaker than Magik in combat, so to me, this comes down to Magik and Exodus double-teaming M.M. As stated before, Magik is the wildcard; if she takes out Raven and both consolidate their focus on M.M., Team 1 wins. If Magik goes down, I still think Exodus can take her out, but wouldn't be able to overcome M.M. alone.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silver2467
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
" @Silver2467:  Do reflexes or superspeed matter when the teleporter can simply vanish and re-appear somewhere else?   
Yes. He has to operate fast enough to use his powers before the Martian can kill him, and J'onn has better operational speed than he does. This would be like saying Nightcrawler can contend with Wonder Woman because he can teleport while she has greater speed.....  

And Exodus having telepathy comparable to Professor X is irrelevant. The Martian is a significantly more powerful telepath than he is, and unless you can provide any legitimate telepathic resistance feats for Magik, her having psi-shields means nothing.
BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackDove
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
"@Silver2467:  Do reflexes or superspeed matter when the teleporter can simply vanish and re-appear somewhere else? Technically, instant teleportation is a match for or superior to superspeed, and I don't see either character going into this without their guard up. Exodus can teleport and has extremely strong TK shields at levels high enough to make him counted as one of the most powerful mutants. Also, tt's not like either Magik or Exodus can be tracked mentally; Exodus telepathy was on par with Professor X's at one point (during Legacy) and Magik has the psi-shields. J'Onn has super speed but the battlefield conditions said all the fighters were at their most powerful and with bloodlust on, I don't see either Magik or Exodus being easy opponents to pin down and speed blitz. They're not going to stand around in one place when their main advantage is mobility and being able to take the battlefield wherever they want. Magik can take out Raven while Exodus keeps Martian Manhunter busy with mental assaults and TK attacks, and then Magik sends M.M. away to Limbo where their advantage increases. Oh yeah, not implying that this is a stomp or an easy match, but I just don't think M.M.'s speed or telepathy easily gives him a win, and I still think Raven is weaker than Magik in combat, so to me, this comes down to Magik and Exodus double-teaming M.M. As stated before, Magik is the wildcard; if she takes out Raven and both consolidate their focus on M.M., Team 1 wins. If Magik goes down, I still think Exodus can take her out, but wouldn't be able to overcome M.M. alone. "

You do realize that Raven is a powerful teleporter as well correct? As well as a powerful demonic being? She should not be downsized in this battle.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467:  I disagree. If Nightcrawler teleported randomly leading Wonder Woman on a wild goose chase, she couldn't hit him, because she can't predict where he would be. He wouldn't win but if this was an analogous situation, he'd buy time for a more powerful teammate to nail Wonder Woman. We are dealing with two characters, one of whom can teleport through time, space and multiple dimensions in an instant and the other can teleport anywhere on the planet. 

RE: Magik's psi shields: Her mental barriers block any telepathy from working on her. Prof. X, Rachel w/Phoenix and The Shadow King are top-level Marvel telepaths and they couldn't do it. We aren't dealing with low or mid-level telepaths - The Shadow King has powers that can work on a very large scale; during the Muir Island saga, he controlled most of the X-Men while influencing the world to become more violent an negative and made the X-Men fight each other and it took Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and a few others of his favorite students to beat him on the astral plane - that's two high Omega level telepaths (though Jean wasn't at her full potential at the time) to bring him down. The fact that Magik resisted him back in New Mutants 53 shows a high degree of psychic defense. And Rachel with the Phoenix Force had her telepathy hyped to Omega levels - she wasn' at her full potential then, but that's exceptional. Prof X at the time was the most powerful telepath on the planet. She's never had a low showing with her psi shields, either - she's consistently been shown to have to allow a telepath into her mind for them to read it. It's possible that this is magical and demonic in nature; one time, Emma Frost tried to attack Magik's mind, and demons flowed out of her body. Further, Dr. Strange, while he was the Sorcerer Supreme of Marvel and nigh-omnipotent with the ability to house the consciousness of Eternity also couldn't penetrate Illyana's mind when she first returned from Limbo. Dr. Strange have telepathic spells that are much more powerful than M.M.. Magik is immune so the scale of M.M.'s telepathy doesn't matter.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
" @Silver2467:  I disagree. If Nightcrawler teleported randomly leading Wonder Woman on a wild goose chase, she couldn't hit him, because she can't predict where he would be. He wouldn't win but if this was an analogous situation, he'd buy time for a more powerful teammate to nail Wonder Woman. We are dealing with two characters, one of whom can teleport through time, space and multiple dimensions in an instant and the other can teleport anywhere on the planet.   
Except that Diana is fast enough to perceive Nightcrawler as if he was standing still. Spider-Man can keep up with Kurt, but Wonder Woman would be incapable of the same feat? 

He would lose, one way or another. 

RE: Magik's psi shields: Her mental barriers block any telepathy from working on her. Prof. X, Rachel w/Phoenix and The Shadow King are top-level Marvel telepaths and they couldn't do it. We aren't dealing with low or mid-level telepaths - The Shadow King has powers that can work on a very large scale; during the Muir Island saga, he controlled most of the X-Men and made them fight each other and it took Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and a few others of his favorite students to beat him on the astral plane - that's two high Omega level telepaths (though Jean wasn't at her full potential at the time) to bring him down. The fact that Magik resisted him back in New Mutants 53 shows a high degree of psychic defense. And Rachel with the Phoenix Force had her telepathy hyped to Omega levels - she wasn' at her full potential then, but that's exceptional. Prof X at the time was the most powerful telepath on the planet. She's never had a low showing with her psi shields, either - she's consistently been shown to have to allow a telepath into her mind for them to read it. It's possible that this is magical and demonic in nature; one time, Emma Frost tried to attack Magik's mind, and demons flowed out of her body. Further, Dr. Strange, while he was the Sorcerer Supreme of Marvel and nigh-omnipotent with the ability to house the consciousness of Eternity also couldn't penetrate Illyana's mind when she first returned from Limbo. "
Alright. So, even if telepathy is not a viable tactic (which may or may not be the case, since I have no context or other information surrounding these), what is there preventing the Martian from just killing her before she can react? This still has not been addressed. 
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlackDove: Yeah, but I think Magik can take her - Magik can use magic unlike Raven whose powers derive from magic, has a weapon and immunity that disrupt Raven's main method of attack and her teleportation ability seems more powerful. Plus Magik is the Sorceress Supreme of a demonic dimension so she's way more powerful in Limbo, where she'd most likely take the battle, as well.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467:  @Silver2467 said:

" @PhoenixoftheTides said:

" @Silver2467:  I disagree. If Nightcrawler teleported randomly leading Wonder Woman on a wild goose chase, she couldn't hit him, because she can't predict where he would be. He wouldn't win but if this was an analogous situation, he'd buy time for a more powerful teammate to nail Wonder Woman. We are dealing with two characters, one of whom can teleport through time, space and multiple dimensions in an instant and the other can teleport anywhere on the planet.   
Except that Diana is fast enough to perceive Nightcrawler as if he was standing still. Spider-Man can keep up with Kurt, but Wonder Woman would be incapable of the same feat? 

He would lose, one way or another. 

RE: Magik's psi shields: Her mental barriers block any telepathy from working on her. Prof. X, Rachel w/Phoenix and The Shadow King are top-level Marvel telepaths and they couldn't do it. We aren't dealing with low or mid-level telepaths - The Shadow King has powers that can work on a very large scale; during the Muir Island saga, he controlled most of the X-Men and made them fight each other and it took Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and a few others of his favorite students to beat him on the astral plane - that's two high Omega level telepaths (though Jean wasn't at her full potential at the time) to bring him down. The fact that Magik resisted him back in New Mutants 53 shows a high degree of psychic defense. And Rachel with the Phoenix Force had her telepathy hyped to Omega levels - she wasn' at her full potential then, but that's exceptional. Prof X at the time was the most powerful telepath on the planet. She's never had a low showing with her psi shields, either - she's consistently been shown to have to allow a telepath into her mind for them to read it. It's possible that this is magical and demonic in nature; one time, Emma Frost tried to attack Magik's mind, and demons flowed out of her body. Further, Dr. Strange, while he was the Sorcerer Supreme of Marvel and nigh-omnipotent with the ability to house the consciousness of Eternity also couldn't penetrate Illyana's mind when she first returned from Limbo. "
Alright. So, even if telepathy is not a viable tactic (which may or may not be the case, since I have no context or other information surrounding these), what is there preventing the Martian from just killing her before she can react? This still has not been addressed.  "
Well, Nightcrawler is not as powerful as Magik - he could only teleport a certain limited distance - Magik could just leave the dimension, and bring someone to Limbo once she's found them.

If she entered the battle bloodlusted, and went straight in against M.M., while Exodus took on Raven, she would rely on her major strength - being Sorceress Supreme of Limbo. She'd teleport both of them there immediately, where Martian Manhunter is disadvantaged; she's powerful enough there to defeat goddesses, such as she did to Enchantress, and can handle him, especially with help from her demons. The nature of her teleportation is her main advantage here. She's not going to try and engage someone on Earth where she is limited. Plus, she can go to Limbo where her powers are amped up, scry on Raven or M.M., then bring them to Limbo, meaning she might take the fight to Limbo before they even started on Earth.  

This is why I think she's the wildcard, she has an extremely powerful and useful ability to control where the battle takes place and her preferred battlefield is in a dimension where she has total control over and amped up powers. We've seen her bloodlusted before during the original New Mutants run and this is pretty much her preferred tactic. Plus she's willing to kill unlike other X-Men, so she won't be trying to incapacitate or reason with someone she thinks is a threat. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Silver2467
@PhoenixoftheTides: What are you not understanding about "morals off" and "J'onn is faster than she is"? She could never BFR anyone to another dimension if he kills her first. 
thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thewidowsbite
@Silver2467:
Magik could beat Superman because, as you should know, magic is one of his weaknesses; just like kryptonite. Her armor is mystical in nature, meaning he might probably injure himself or the blow would have little or somewhat less of an effect than if he hit her without it. All she would have to do is teleport him (or MM, or Raven; the latter could be easily killed if Magik could get just one quick swipe with her soulsword) to Limbo and her already more powerful magic on earth would be amplified in Limbo where she is sorceress supreme (also a Limbo-based sorceress). Her knowledege of powerful spells would make quick work of most of her opponents (especially Superman), others would be difficult but would ultimately fall (unless they come up with something before she does).
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silver2467
@thewidowsbite said:
" @Silver2467:
Magik could beat Superman because, as you should know, magic is one of his weaknesses; just like kryptonite. Her armor is mystical in nature, meaning he might probably injure himself or the blow would have little or somewhat less of an effect than if he hit her without it. All she would have to do is teleport him (or MM, or Raven; the latter could be easily killed if Magik could get just one quick swipe with her soulsword) to Limbo and her already more powerful magic on earth would be amplified in Limbo where she is sorceress supreme (also a Limbo-based sorceress). Her knowledege of powerful spells would make quick work of most of her opponents (especially Superman), others would be difficult but would ultimately fall (unless they come up with something before she does). "
One, Superman is not as weak to magic as people tend to assume. He has fought and defeated several magical opponents in the past. Two, what does Superman have to do with this? He is not in this battle. Third, how will she drag anyone to another dimension if she lacks the reaction time to avoid being killed?
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: He won't get a chance; if she was bloodlusted, she wouldn't try to fight him on Earth. She'd teleport them straightaway to Limbo where she has the advantage. He's faster, but not faster than her teleportation disc - especially not if she scryed first to pinpoint where he is and then brought him to where she was. You're assuming that his speed would mean something but if her teleportation is based on time/space and is instantaneous he would be in Limbo before he could use his speed.
thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thewidowsbite
@Silver2467:
That's very impressive. But I don't think he could take out Xavier that easily based on sheer skill alone. As demonstrated by Emma Frost in a battle against the Phoenix enhanced and omega level Rachel Grey, Emma defeated Rachel in an astral battle despite Rachel's raw and much higher power by outflanking that power with her superior skill. Even a less powerful but more skilled telepath such as Emma or even Xavier could beat MM, provided their skills outclassed his.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silver2467
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
" @Silver2467: He won't get a chance; if she was bloodlusted, she wouldn't try to fight him on Earth. She'd teleport them straightaway to Limbo where she has the advantage. He's faster, but not faster than her teleportation disc - especially not if she scryed first to pinpoint where he is and then brought him to where she was. You're assuming that his speed would mean something but if her teleportation is based on time/space and is instantaneous he would be in Limbo before he could use his speed. "
Stop pretending speed is irrelevant. If she lacks the speed, she loses. I am tired of repeating myself. 

@thewidowsbite said:
" @Silver2467:
That's very impressive. But I don't think he could take out Xavier that easily based on sheer skill alone. As demonstrated by Emma Frost in a battle against the Phoenix enhanced and omega level Rachel Grey, Emma defeated Rachel in an astral battle despite Rachel's raw and much higher power by outflanking that power with her superior skill. Even a less powerful but more skilled telepath such as Emma or even Xavier could beat MM, provided their skills outclassed his. "
How are they more skilled if he has had decades (if not centuries) more experience, has greater versatility, and was trained for years to utilize his telepathy in combat in a society built on telepathy? I already listed some of his feats. Nothing I have ever seen from Frost or Xaiver outweighs them.
thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By thewidowsbite
@Silver2467:
One: I never said he was powerless against magic, I said it was a weakness. Meaning it can hurt him unlike most things and that he has a chance of losing, especially if the user has powerful magic at their disposal. Two: Don't compare his victories to other magical opponents to a possible battle with Magik because it doesn't make him impossible to beat even if your magical. Three: Just because he beat other magical opponents doesn't mean he can beat her, Illyana is a wild card plus with her recent lack of a soul (I believe she is still without her human soul) she will not hold back; Superman will, and won't go straight for the kill. Four: You were the one who brought up Superman, so I decided to check you on how you thought just because he's Superman that he would automatically win against less notable characters like Magik. Five: you have no idea how fast she can react to attacks, so don't assume she'd be defenseless against a blitz and would go down easily. She is the ruler of Limbo, a place filled with demons, so she probably has experience with reacting to suprise attacks; she is also a member of the New Mutants on earth and they fight enemies of all different speeds and strengths, so she's had her fill of opponents faster or stronger than her.  

Finally: I have nothing against your opinion, everyone's opinion is valid, but try not to underestimate any of the characters I've used in my battles. I chose them for a reason and they're more powerful than you may think.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Silver2467
@thewidowsbite said: 
Four: You were the one who brought up Superman, so I decided to check you on how you thought just because he's Superman that he would automatically win against less notable characters like Magik.  
I said a "character as strong as Superman." That was not to place Superman in the discussion; it was to explain J'onn's strength level. Nothing else. 

Five: you have no idea how fast she can react to attacks, so don't assume she'd be defenseless against a blitz and would go down easily. She is the ruler of Limbo, a place filled with demons, so she probably has experience with reacting to suprise attacks; she is also a member of the New Mutants on earth and they fight enemies of all different speeds and strengths, so she's had her fill of opponents faster or stronger than her.     
Then prove me wrong: Present feats. Can you provide showings that prove she react to a light speed attack? Can you provide showings that prove she has greater operational speed than the Martian does? Simply telling me that I need to acknowledge a given skill that she supposedly has without giving any evidence for is not a demonstration of lack of understanding on my part. If you disagree, then explain a feat she has that suggests otherwise.
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: In my opinion, speed and reflexes are irrelevant when you are dealing with instantaneous teleportation. Instant teleportation > super speed. She doesn't need to gesture, concentrate or prep to teleport him. His super speed and reflexes would only be a factor if they were fighting hand-to-hand on Earth, and if she was bloodlusted, I doubt she would do that. Martian Manhunter has had enough low showings that I don't really think you can say that even bloodlusted, he's unbeatable. And we haven't even gotten into the fact that Magik's soulsword has a fiery aura and her discs can sometimes display this same flame let alone the flames often depicted in Limbo - I left that alone because that was inconsistently portrayed, but it could be a factor, as well.

I get that you disagree on this point, but I think this battle is a lot closer and more multidimensional than matchups between opponents who have only physical superpowers, and further, all of these characters can be considered wildcards. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Silver2467
@PhoenixoftheTides: Can she operate fast enough to use her teleportation? Because if not, she loses.  

So, yes, it is a matter of speed. 
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Silver2467: If it is a matter of speed, the speed of her powers trumps his speed/reflexes.  

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that we disagree :P No worries.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By Erik

Wonder Woman would destroy Nightcrawler.  

J'onn is too fast for both Exodus and Magik. 

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silver2467
@erik said:
" Wonder Woman would destroy Nightcrawler.   J'onn is too fast for both Exodus and Magik.  "
I was hoping for a more direct post that clarifies the meaning, but this works too. ^_^
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Erik
@Silver2467:  
I am more of a reactive kind of guy. I wait for the challenge lol. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silver2467
@erik: LOL. I hear that.
_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By _Courage_

With no morals, J'onn would rip Exodus and Magik's head off before they could even think to teleport.

BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BlackDove
@PhoenixoftheTides said:
" @BlackDove: Yeah, but I think Magik can take her - Magik can use magic unlike Raven whose powers derive from magic, has a weapon and immunity that disrupt Raven's main method of attack and her teleportation ability seems more powerful. Plus Magik is the Sorceress Supreme of a demonic dimension so she's way more powerful in Limbo, where she'd most likely take the battle, as well. "

With no morals, what would stop Raven from turning into demon-pocessed, Evil Raven? Without morals, Raven or J'onn could very well solo.  
Plus, Raven has been able to teleport the entire legion of superheros without even breaking a sweat. So, teleportation wise, Raven wins.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Erik
@BlackDove:  
Losing morals does not necessarily mean that they are willing to destroy themselves to win. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Silver2467
@erik said:
" @BlackDove:  Losing morals does not necessarily mean that they are willing to destroy themselves to win.  "
ROFL. 

BlackDove does have a point though. The only thing preventing Raven's Pride persona from resurfacing is Raven's concern for the damage it would cause and support from her friends. Without these, she could unleash it.
BlackDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BlackDove
@erik:
True. But without morals, Raven would not hold back her emotions correct?