Who do you think is the better Mimic?

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Exiles Mimic would win in a battle

but I prefer the 616 one

#3 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek the lost said:

"Exiles Mimic would win in a battle

but I prefer the 616 one"

Why do you prefer 616 Mimic? I like him becuse unlike Exiles Mimic 616 Mimic can copy 6 powers permanently and more temporary at one time he copied more then 10 power at one time.

#4 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Exiles Mimic was cooler and more powerful.

I never really liked 616 Mimic.

#5 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Exiles Mimic is still my faverite.

#6 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"

aztek the lost said:

"Exiles Mimic would win in a battle

but I prefer the 616 one"

Why do you prefer 616 Mimic? I like him becuse unlike Exiles Mimic 616 Mimic can copy 6 powers permanently and more temporary at one time he copied more then 10 power at one time.

"
I prefer him cause he got expelled from the X-Men rather than being their champion
#7 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

well I dont like 616 Mimic that much because his stuck with the powers of the original X-Men. He cant switch those power sets and eney other powers he copies is temperey.

#8 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"I always thought Exiles Mimic was cooler and more powerful.

I never really liked 616 Mimic."

I gess nobody liked 616 Mimic that much because his not in meany issues of X-Men. So Marvel went back to the drawing board no pun intended.
#9 Posted by Mike28 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I thoght 616 Mimic is ok. One thing I like about him is when he copies a mutants powers he also gets some of there body trats. For example if he copies Nightcrawler's powers he gets his blue skin and his tale. It would be kind of cool if he can recopy the powers of the Original X-Men as they are now.

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Exile's Mimic in a curbstomp.

#11 Posted by Mike28 (129 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Exile's Mimic in a curbstomp."

Maybe not because if 616 Mimic can copy more powers then Exile's Mimic he could give Exile's Mimic a run for his money.
#12 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
mimic12 said:
"Zoom said:

I gess nobody liked 616 Mimic that much because his not in meany issues of X-Men. So Marvel went back to the drawing board no pun intended."
Or because he's just not a very nice or interesting guy.

Exiles Mimic is and he's generally more capable too.
#13 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"mimic12 said:
"Zoom said:

I gess nobody liked 616 Mimic that much because his not in meany issues of X-Men. So Marvel went back to the drawing board no pun intended."
Or because he's just not a very nice or interesting guy.

Exiles Mimic is and he's generally more capable too."
Exile's Mimic is better but I think people would like the 616 Mimic if Marvel would have gave him a better chance.
#14 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon that their powers would cancel each other out

#15 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
Mike28 said:
"John Valentine said:
"Exile's Mimic in a curbstomp."

Maybe not because if 616 Mimic can copy more powers then Exile's Mimic he could give Exile's Mimic a run for his money."

.................Who's he going to copy?........... you're leaving it to possibility.
#16 Posted by mimic12 (548 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my I cant beleve I forgot this. Exiles Mimic has the same powers he had before he died and 616 Mimic has the powers of the original X-Men when they were starting out because thats when he copied them.

#17 Posted by White Hulk (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Exile's Mimic is cool but 616 Mimic is much much better. His copying powers are way more advanced and he can copy more then 5 how cool is that. If Marvel gave him more of a chance He could be a very cool. But because of the power sets they have in this fight Exile's Mimic would take this to the bank.

#18 Posted by Bruiser (54 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, it's a toss-up. 

If we're talking about the powers, 616 Mimic is much more powerful, for he doesn't have limitations, and he can also mimic knowledge and skills, allowing him to use the powers at a high level.  However, I find Earth-12 Mimic more interesting in powers because of his limitations, weaknesses, and need to hone the ability in order to use it well.  He has to train and develop the ability.  Because of his mutant nature, it likely comes easy to him, but nonetheless he still has to learn on his own how to use the ability he copies. 

For the character, I like Earth-12 Mimic's gung-ho heroics, but Earth-616 Mimic is much more interesting.  He used to be a misguided villain without consideration for others.  Now, he's trying to take the path  of a hero by joining Norman Osborn's Dark X-Men, all the while trying to deal with all the conflicting aspects of him because of the powers he's mimicked. 

So, Powers? Exiles Mimic.  Character? Our Mimic.

#19 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't matter if 616 Mimic lacks a few of Exiles Mimic's limitations.  He's not nearly as skilled with them and he runs around with a very weakened version of the original five x-men. 

Exiles Mimic runs around with the abilities of Northstar, Colossus, Cyclops and Wolverine.  He's a osmodium supersonic juggernaut with a healing factor and optic blasts.
#20 Posted by Bruiser (54 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom: Exiles Mimic is able to keep 5 powers at a time.  616 Mimic permanently possesses the powers of the five original X-Men, and many residual traces of other abilities. 

Exiles Mimic may be good at picking powers, but still only possesses them at half the potency of the original possessor.  616 Mimic does possess the abilities at a lower level as well, but adopts the skills necessary to use them in combat MUCH better.  He is actually very skilled with his abilities of the original X-men, and can even be seen using all five simultaneously to defeat a large number of opponents.

I know Exiles Mimic is cooler, but he was given those limitations of only copying powers and at half-strength so he would not be as powerful as 616 Mimic.  Think Peter Petrelli from Heroes.  With his original ability of empathic mimicry, he was WAY too powerful to be human.  When he lost his powers, the writers gave him the tactile limitation to make the character more interesting.   

616 Mimic is more powerful, and that's a fact, but Exiles Mimic, because of his leadership experience, is more tactical in the use of his abilities.
#21 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with him having the skills to use them better.  He doesn't use his optic blasts, freeze powers or tk half as well as the X-Men he took them from.  I'm not just talking about power level.  I mean he really doesn't use them with the same degree of skill.   Mimic hasn't picked up any abilities that allow him to go toe to toe with Exiles Mimic. 

Hell, half of Northstar's powers alone is enough to beat 616 Mimic and the Exiles one has a bunch of other good powers on top of that.

#22 Posted by spiderpigbart (2651 posts) - - Show Bio

they would cancel each other out like when 6i6 mimic fought super adaptoid