Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma Vs. Kao Cen Darach and Ven Zallow

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#1  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma take on the two Jedi from the Old Republic trailers.

For the feats of the two Jedi:

Setting is Illum, right outside the Jedi temple built over the crystal cave. Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Versus

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Bump

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By JamesKM716

Kun and Ulic

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: Perhaps. Keep in mind none of the four has ever beaten anyone who has any feats, so I feel they are of a comparable skill level. That said, Kun was widely considered to be the best duelist of his day, and slew the Grandmaster of that era's Jedi Order, so I'd say he's the best of these four duelists, but only marginally. His force ability is an embarrassment though. Honestly I'd say Kao Cen Darach is the best force-user of these four but again, only marginally so.

Given that I would put Kun and Ulic at about the same level as Malgus and Vindican and Kao Cen Darach beat one but lost to the other, I would say he loses alone but with Ven Zallow backing him up might be able to squeeze a few wins. The Sith definitely win a few too though.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JamesKM716

Perhaps. Keep in mind none of the four has ever beaten anyone who has any feats, so I feel they are of a comparable skill level.

No that's entirely incorrect. Kun slayed multiple foes, who while they perhaps didn't have feats, we can assume had some level of ability. Killing the Grandmaster, as you claim, (It wasn't the Grandmaster IIRC), implies that Kun is greater. So now that we have an established level for Kun, we also know that Ulic stalemated him, putting them on equal levels.

Ven Zallow ONLY appeared in the Decieved book and video. He has NO feats other than managing to put up an entertaining fight against Malgus.

Kao Cen Darach has even less feats. He managed to hold off a Malgus before his prime.

It is INCREDIBLY unlikely that the Jedi could defeat Kun and Ulic at all.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716 said:

Kao Cen Darach has even less feats. He managed to hold off a Malgus before his prime.

Malgus was not in his prime during the Sacking of Coruscant either. Kao Cen Darach has the same amount of feats (or lack thereof) as Ven Zallow. Both had one good fight to their names.

Regardless I do stand by my belief that Kao Cen Darach is the best in terms of Force ability, but Kun can at least keep up there. Zallow and Qel-Droma have nothing in that arena.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow said:

Malgus was not in his prime during the Sacking of Coruscant either. Kao Cen Darach has the same amount of feats (or lack thereof) as Ven Zallow. Both had one good fight to their names.

Regardless I do stand by my belief that Kao Cen Darach is the best in terms of Force ability, but Kun can at least keep up there. Zallow and Qel-Droma have nothing in that arena.

That doesn't help your case. What were Kao Cen Darach's Force feats? (I don't remember any at the moment).

And how can you say that have one good fight to their name when they lost said fight to a guy who wasn't even in his prime?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716 said:

That doesn't help your case. What were Kao Cen Darach's Force feats? (I don't remember any at the moment).

Just watch the posted video. Holding his own against two Sith, including using a single-bladed lightsaber in tandem with a double-bladed one. He let out a Force wave that forced the two Sith back a bit, let out a force push that sent Vindican flying across the hangar, and was hurling some medium-sized pieces of rubble at Malgus pretty casually. That's at least as good as anything Kun and Qel-Droma's defeated foes ever demonstrated.

@JamesKM716 said:

And how can you say that have one good fight to their name when they lost said fight to a guy who wasn't even in his prime?

Because Malgus had to work for those victories. He considered Ven Zallow a worthy opponent after killing him. And again, everyone Kun and Qel-Droma ever beat is just as featless. I'm not saying the Jedi win, but I don't think its at all a stomp for the Sith.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JamesKM716

@shroudofsorrow: Kun and Qel-Droma are both incredibly skilled duelists who are among the best of their generation. I find it INCREDIBLY unlikely that near-featless Jedi could defeat them. Maybe once, and even that is incerdibly doubtful

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716 said:

@shroudofsorrow: Kun and Qel-Droma are both incredibly skilled duelists who are among the best of their generation.

And? Who did they ever beat who demonstrated any feats whatsoever? Nobody. Vodo-Siosk Baas, Crado, and Sylvar have no feats. Honestly, Ulic doesn't have much either. He beat a non-Force sensitive Mandalore in a very unorthodox duel that was not resolved by virtue of combat skill, and his brother Cay was holding back because he didn't want to fight and kill his brother. Perhaps these two Sith are better, but only marginally so.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JamesKM716

Ulic's best feat is Stalemating Kun as far as I know. As for Kun's skill, i'll direct you too and

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@JamesKM716: It was Silver who said exactly what I just did. No one Kun beat had any feats save for Ulics, who has precious few that do little to make him seem impressive. Unless there is something I am missing, I fail to see how any of the people Kun defeated were better than Kao Cen Darach and Ven Zallow.

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Inphase
No Caption Provided

Team Kun stomps. anyone that can kill a sith worm has my vote.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

Kun and Qel-Droma stomp. Kao is virtually featless, and Ven Zallow has only defeated featless beings that are unworthy of notice, so he would be classed as featless as well.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@ShootingNova: But haven't Kun and Qel-Droma also only defeated featless beings? And Kao Cen Darach did defeat someone...who was featless. But I believe you yourself said he was "still impressive" in spite of lacking feats.