#1 Posted by Owie (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

E.V.E., from Wall-E, versus a Star Wars Droideka, a.k.a. destroyer droid.

Battle takes place inside a Trade Federation starship.

Both droids are motivated to fight.

The Droideka starts with shields up.

They start 30' away from each other in a hallway.

Win by destruction of the other robot.  Who wins and why?

E.V.E.
Droideka
#2 Edited by Xaraghoul_the_Ravager (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Eve's gun made a colossal mushroom cloud in one shot and if I remember, cut cut a ship in half. The Droideka will literally see her drawing her gun, an all consuming blue flash, then it'll show up in Droid heaven desperately wondering what the f*ck just happened.

#3 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

Droidekas shields can take an initial blast, then shower eve in blaster bolts.

#4 Posted by Xaraghoul_the_Ravager (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

I'm sorry to say, but the Cutsey character stomps the Droideka here. She's quicker on the draw and possesses far more firepower. If the Droideka miraculously survives the first nuke-shot, she can fire again rapidly enough to turn it into a whiff of rapidly expanding plasma.

But then again, I think Wall-E is a better movie than any of the Star Wars films.

#5 Posted by sandiego008 (3280 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I could reply ... I dont think i made it past the first 10 minutes of wall-e

#6 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xaraghoul_the_Ravager said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

I'm sorry to say, but the Cutsey character stomps the Droideka here. She's quicker on the draw and possesses far more firepower. If the Droideka miraculously survives the first nuke-shot, she can fire again rapidly enough to turn it into a whiff of rapidly expanding plasma.

But then again, I think Wall-E is a better movie than any of the Star Wars films.

She didn't literally shoot a nuke blast, it made a mushroom cloud because she shot an oil tanker, Droidekas shields are made of pure energy, it would deflect the shot right back at her.

Also, you're delusional if you think Wall-E is better than Episode 4,5, or 6.....completely mental

#7 Posted by Xaraghoul_the_Ravager (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Xaraghoul_the_Ravager said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

She didn't literally shoot a nuke blast, it made a mushroom cloud because she shot an oil tanker, Droidekas shields are made of pure energy, it would deflect the shot right back at her.

Also, you're delusional if you think Wall-E is better than Episode 4,5, or 6.....completely mental

Nonsense on both counts. Her shots could cleave through ships, Droideka shields can fail from blaster fire.

Also, the OT is really nothing special plotwise. It's a popcorn movie trilogy for the 70s and 80s. Nostalgia has just heavily coloured it so we'll ignore it's wooden dialogue and by then fairly tired storylines and clichestorms. Wall-E made me cry for a Robot.

#8 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xaraghoul_the_Ravager: I've never seen a droidekas shields taken down by blaster bolts, they've almost always been destroyed when in ball form or when their shields were down. Now it goes from nukes, to cleaving ships, bit of a jump down huh, get your story straight.

Wall-e made "you" cry....it was nothing special and isn't a legend unlike the first three starwars movies which were revolutionary. there are many on this site and hundreds-thousands that would agree with me.

#9 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: @Xaraghoul_the_Ravager: Let's try to keep our personal opinions aside okay. Don't need a thread being spammed with reasons why Star Wars or Wall-E id better. If you guys clearly need to debate over this then make a thread in the off-topic section.

Back on topic, I think Eve is a little too agile for the Droideka to hit. Not to mention she is more intelligent. Also if I'm not mistaken Droideka's shields are down when they fire their weapons and when in motion. Given how fast Eve is, I'm assuming she would be smart enough to shoot when the shields are down or lure the Droideka into some kind of trap.

#10 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: @Xaraghoul_the_Ravager: Let's try to keep our personal opinions aside okay. Don't need a thread being spammed with reasons why Star Wars or Wall-E id better. If you guys clearly need to debate over this then make a thread in the off-topic section.

Back on topic, I think Eve is a little too agile for the Droideka to hit. Not to mention she is more intelligent. Also if I'm not mistaken Droideka's shields are down when they fire their weapons and when in motion. Given how fast Eve is, I'm assuming she would be smart enough to shoot when the shields are down or lure the Droideka into some kind of trap.

Eve is more agile, but droidekas can shoot through their shields. only time the shields are down is when they need to roll, but they can still move in tripod form. Eve cannot penetrate the Shield with her cannon due to the fact that her shots would bounce off the energy shield instead of wearing it down. If she had an electromagnetic shock to disrupt the shield like some clones do, she'd be able to take this easily. Her best shot would be to shoot the ground around the doideka but it'd take a little while for her to come to the conclusion after failing to blast through the shield. Eve is innovative enough to think of it, but the Droidekas are quite accurate and shoot faster than she can fly. She'd get shot down sooner or later

#11 Posted by ShootingNova (19044 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what E.V.E. can do, but if it can lure the Droideka into rolling then it has the win.

#12 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Droideka.

#13 Posted by Owie (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

My 2 cents: EVE is much, much faster than the Droideka.  She can fly and is very agile in the air.  But, the hallway location severely limits this advantage.  She'll be able to dodge around, but not so much as she would if it was outside.  She is also clearly smarter than the Droideka, but there's not a lot of resources for her to take advantage of here.

Droidekas' shields can hold up to anything below cannon fire, as described explicitly in one of the recent Clone Wars shows.  However, EVE's laser probably is above the cannon level (as seen in her destruction of the ships mentioned above).  So she can probably take down the Droideka's shields.  This may take a shot or two however.

Meanwhile the Droideka has two guns rather than her one, so its blasting out twice the number of laser bolts.  And, she is not shielded or really armored at all.  So I don't think it would take more than a few hits from the droideka to take her out.

So here's what it comes down to for me: EVE is going to fly around and try to dodge the Droideka's double laser attacks, while simultaneously attacking on her own.  She'll be able to take out its shields fairly quickly.  (Of course, once its shields are down, it can roll around and dodge a bit better than when standing around.)  But, will the Droideka manage to tag her while she's trying to shoot it?

I think there's a decent chance she could take out its shields and get in a kill shot while dodging all its attacks.  But I also think there's a decent chance it can hit her first.

#14 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

However, EVE's laser probably is above the cannon level (as seen in her destruction of the ships mentioned above). So she can probably take down the Droideka's shields.

Just pointing out, those ships were old, rusty and corroded to the point of where the steel wasn't strong at all really, it's a good feat for the cannons but really not that good. I think the Droidekas shields can take more than one or two shots....just saying

#15 Posted by Owie (3957 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Owie said:

However, EVE's laser probably is above the cannon level (as seen in her destruction of the ships mentioned above). So she can probably take down the Droideka's shields.

Just pointing out, those ships were old, rusty and corroded to the point of where the steel wasn't strong at all really, it's a good feat for the cannons but really not that good. I think the Droidekas shields can take more than one or two shots....just saying

I think knocking over a giant oil tanker, rusty or not, is still a fairly powerful result.  Certainly as powerful as standard clone wars era tank cannons.
#16 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

EVE.

Why? I don't know, I just like Wall-E more.