• 58 results
#1 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

The most powerful Dark lord ever, vs a powerful Magician in the DCnU.

Palpatine

Battle takes place in the forest. It ends in knock out, or, death. Both are bloodlusted.

I have no idea who wins. EU Sidious did some amazing things with the Wormhole, and drain life. Yet, Zatanna did some amazing things with 2 words. So, who wins and why?

#2 Edited by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#3 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious would win. He's far too fast for her.

#4 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

What if she said a spell to freeze him or something?

#5 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

She wouldn't have a chance to say it. She'll lose for the same reasons Voldemort lost.

#6 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

She wouldn't have a chance to say it. She'll lose for the same reasons Voldemort lost.

She has been known for using attacks without saying spells. Couldn't she block Palpatine's attack with a magical shield?

#7 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

She has been known for using attacks without saying spells. Couldn't she block Palpatine's attack with a magical shield?

Can she do that after being decapitated at speeds reaching a respectable percentage of lightspeed?

#8 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

On Orem Snairolcidim!

#9 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@MasterJohn said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

Can she do that after being decapitated at speeds reaching a respectable percentage of lightspeed?

Palpatine isn't known to Speedblitz his enemies directly in battle. Who's to say he won't taunt with her and try to make her Spirits feel down? Who's to say he won't use his Saber and try to pounce on her? Who's to say he won't send a barrage of Lightning at her?

#10 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

@MasterJohn said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

Palpatine isn't known to Speedblitz his enemies directly in battle. Who's to say he won't taunt with her and try to make her Spirits feel down? Who's to say he won't use his Saber and try to pounce on her? Who's to say he won't send a barrage of Lightning at her?

He's bloodlusted.

#11 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

On Orem Snairolcidim!

I agree

#12 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

@MasterJohn said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

He's bloodlusted.

So is she, she could simply use her wand and send a big Magical bolt towards him before he can react.

#13 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

@MasterJohn said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

He's bloodlusted.

So is she, she could simply use her wand and send a big Magical bolt towards him before he can react.

You don't understand, you're talking about a man that can cloud the minds of everyone on a planet, who can crush her with telekinesis, slice her head off with a thrown lightsaber, or simply fry her with lightning, before she could possibly react. Even if she did somehow manage to kill him, which would be impossible because she'd be dead before she could try anything, he could simply take over her body in spirit form, an attack that she would never see coming.

#14 Posted by ShootingNova (18654 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

Palpatine isn't known to Speedblitz his enemies directly in battle.

What are you talking about? He's shown to speedblitz the masters when duelling Windu:

Before Mace realizes what has happened, Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto have fallen to Sidious's blade.

--Taken from The Complete Visual Dictionary

And when only an apprentice, Sidious has killed people so fast they appeared to be dispatched by a phantom.

#15 Edited by ShootingNova (18654 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

This.

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

Don't worry, I've got your back :)

Now its a 3 vs. 1.

On-topic, Sidious blitzes before she can react or see.

@MasterJohn: Unless you're telling me she has near-relativistic levels of reaction, she isn't even reacting before she dies.

And what's stopping Sidious from Wormholing her into oblivion? Furthermore, there's the matter of Essence Transfer.

@MasterJohn said:

First, I need to see her even reacting to Sidious, which she doesn't. And Voldemort can use wandless/non-verbal magic, wouldn't help him in any way against Sidious either.

#16 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@Baldy said:

This.

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Baldy said:

Don't worry, I've got your back.

Now its a 3 vs. 1.

On-topic, Sidious blitzes before she can react or see.

@MasterJohn: Unless you're telling me she has near-relativistic levels of reaction, she isn't even reacting before she dies.

And what's stopping Sidious from Wormholing her into oblivion? Furthermore, there's the matter of Essence Transfer.

@MasterJohn said:

First, I need to see her even reacting to Sidious, which she doesn't. And Voldemort can use wandless/non-verbal magic, wouldn't help him in any way against Sidious either.

I knew you'd get in this. When it comes to EU Sideous I don't think there's a bigger expert on the Vine.XD

Does Zatanna even have feats that would allow her to defend against a telepath of Sids level?

#17 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidous stomps so bad it's not funny.

#18 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: I don't think a wormhole would work by itself, as I assume it would take time to pull together. Honestly Zatanna could ruin Sidious' day if she manages to say the wrong words, and there are more efficient ways to dispatch her before she can say them.

#19 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (18654 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

Yep.

@venomsapprentice: JediXMan and Silver2467 are superior to me in SW knowledge.

@Baldy: Sidious can pull off wormholes quickly. In his prime, DE, he would be able to do so incredibly quickly.

#21 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Didn't sidious destroy a dozen or so ships with a force storm almost instantly?

#22 Posted by ShootingNova (18654 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452: Yes:

#23 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Might I remind all of you, she's taken down her victims using one word..

#24 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

EU Sideous stomps for reasons too numerous to name.

#25 Posted by Hyperlight (6321 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like sidious wont know how to directly defent against her abilities but she can defend against his. she also has a wider variety of abilities.

sidious is also superior physically and mentally. but i give it to Zatanna

#26 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

awesome.

#27 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

@ShootingNova said:

awesome.

"POTS" and Sidious's powers are disabled. And if his powers are disabled, such as his speed or such as his force powers, then he's just a crippled old man. Then all Zatanna needs to do is say a phrase backwards, and his blood could turn to fire, or he could be blasted into the sun. Again, she'd have to get that word in. That was for the people who thinks Zatanna needs full sentences to do her powers.

#28 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: he would kill her before she could even think :/

he's leagues faster than master Jedi's such as Mace Windu and a duo of Jedi Master just one of them alone each have hypersonic reaction speed.

Zatan got throat f**ked by Joker's gun :]

so yah Sidious stomps

#29 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

@MasterJohn: he would kill her before she could even think :/

he's leagues faster than master Jedi's such as Mace Windu and a duo of Jedi Master just one of them alone each have hypersonic reaction speed.

Zatan got throat f**ked by Joker's gun :]

so yah Sidious stomps

Got hit by the Joker's gun, healed herself, and waited til Superman or Batman showed up.

#30 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: which means she loses, Sidious would decapitate her or kill her instantly

#31 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

@MasterJohn: which means she loses, Sidious would decapitate her or kill her instantly

Before she can say POTS? All she needs to say is that, and Sidious is done.

#32 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: the speed of thought is faster than the pronunciation of "pots"

so yah Sidious wins.

#33 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

The pope probably takes it.

#34 Posted by WoopDangWoobla15 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and Windows compatible battle station," - Darth Sidious

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (18654 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: I laugh in your general direction at how you think she can say anything, or even think, before Palpatine strikes her down with a strike moving at near-light speeds.

#36 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1496 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Zee but Sidious Wins.

#37 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious destroys.

#38 Posted by ShootingNova (18654 posts) - - Show Bio

@WoopDangWoobla15 said:

"Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and Windows compatible battle station," - Darth Sidious

That isn't even necessary. The Emperor destroys her with his own power.

#39 Edited by Phylos (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

Emperor Palpatine has been popular lately...and has been winning all of his matches, good stuff.

#40 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: IKR? Sidious blitzes her.

#41 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

Emperor Palpatine has been popular lately...and has been winning all of his matches, good stuff.

Yes...Someone needs to break down his fanboy base on the vine. He can not defeat any omnipotents, any toonforcers. My goodness when I mention Toonforcers his fanboys scream "MISMATCH, MISMATCH MISMATCH". Sidious is so overrated and overpowered, you can't even defeat him in a fair fight. For example, if I made a thread, Aunt May vs Darth Sidious they'd either scream "sidious wormholes, AAAAAAAH" Or mismatch,

#42 Edited by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio
@MasterJohn said:

@omegablast452 said:

As I learned, when ShootingNova smashed me in the Voldemort vs Sideous debate, Sideous could kill Zatanna before she even THINKS.

It would be a miracle of miracles for her to even get the"P" sound out before being life drained.
#43 Posted by YoungJustice (6887 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fair how?

#44 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

@MasterJohn said:

@omegablast452 said:

As I learned, when ShootingNova smashed me in the Voldemort vs Sideous debate, Sideous could kill Zatanna before she even THINKS. It would be a miracle of miracles for her to even get the"P" sound out before being life drained.

Ah yes Shootingnova..The guy who defends palpatine step by step.

#45 Posted by Phylos (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

@Phylos said:

Yes...Someone needs to break down his fanboy base on the vine. He can not defeat any omnipotents, any toonforcers. My goodness when I mention Toonforcers his fanboys scream "MISMATCH, MISMATCH MISMATCH". Sidious is so overrated and overpowered, you can't even defeat him in a fair fight. For example, if I made a thread, Aunt May vs Darth Sidious they'd either scream "sidious wormholes, AAAAAAAH" Or mismatch,

He's not overrated or overpowered, his character is just well balanced. You cannot get mad when a character is supported by great abilities/feats and then pitted against someone who cannot cast a bigger shadow. In this case, Zatanna is a respectable magician within her own realm of DC, the bar she raises is great, from a magical point of view. Palpatine just brings something greater.

Back on that Gandalf/Palpatine thread, I explained to a Viner that he is an entity, when getting down to brass handles. Or as ShootingNova said, 'a nexus of the dark side'. Plus, I am no fanboy but the facts are facts, no matter what angle you try and see it at.

Palpatine can in fact lose a battle like any other character. It's just that most people don't know how to match him. I've had the same problem with Storm battles, till this day...since I've joined comic vine, I CANNOT make a fair Storm thread.

#46 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Phylos said:

He's not overrated or overpowered, his character is just well balanced. You cannot get mad when a character is supported by great abilities/feats and then pitted against someone who cannot cast a bigger shadow. In this case, Zatanna is a respectable magician within her own realm of DC, the bar she raises is great, from a magical point of view. Palpatine just brings something greater.

Back on that Gandalf/Palpatine thread, I explained to a Viner that he is an entity, when getting down to brass handles. Or as ShootingNova said, 'a nexus of the dark side'. Plus, I am no fanboy but the facts are facts, no matter what angle you try and see it at.

Palpatine can in fact lose a battle like any other character. It's just that most people don't know how to match him. I've had the same problem with Storm battles, till this day...since I've joined comic vine, I CANNOT make a fair Storm thread.

Can ANY jedi except Luke Skywalker defeat Palpatine?

#47 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio
@MasterJohn said:

@Phylos said:

@MasterJohn said:

@Phylos said:

Mace came pretty close. Yoda could do it under the right circumstances.
#48 Posted by Israphael (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious makes her his pet.

#49 Posted by ShootingNova (18654 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

@ShootingNova: IKR? Sidious blitzes her.

Indeed he does.

#50 Posted by ShootingNova (18654 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

Mace came pretty close. Yoda could do it under the right circumstances.

Mace would get obliterated by Palpatine, holding his own only because of an enormous amp, and Yoda lost to Palpatine.

@MasterJohn said:

No. But there are other Force-users that can do so, which are the Bedlam Spirits, the Ones, and Abeloth. Who would shame Palpatine.