No civilians

1.bloodlusted

2.normal morals

#2 Posted by TifaLockhart (14119 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan pins her. He's too strong.

#3 Posted by theDCkid (891 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan wins both.

#4 Edited by King Saturn (224817 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan has fought Wonder Woman twice if I recall... he usually overpowers her though she has her moments.

#5 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan

#6 Edited by NeonGameWave (8514 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan both Rounds.

#7 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan

#8 Posted by Amazonia_Kryptonia (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman. Faster, stronger, more skilled, and she has more abilities now than in the old days.

#9 Posted by dondave (38820 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan

#10 Posted by Amazonia_Kryptonia (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are you guys getting this Etrigan thing from? Why wouldn't WW just zap him with her Zeus powers or cut his head off with her lasso? Or make him turn back into the Jason guy with her lasso?

#11 Posted by Owie (3879 posts) - - Show Bio

It's possible that the new Wonder Woman's "gauntlets off" mode may beat him, but we don't know exactly how powerful she is that way. Otherwise I think Etrigan's overall power is too much.

#12 Posted by Pokeysteve (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone have any scans of Etrigan beating her previously? Seems a little suspicious.

#13 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't underestimate him! He can tie lobo

#14 Posted by TifaLockhart (14119 posts) - - Show Bio

Circa issue 18 of his book.

#15 Posted by bob808 (6780 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan

#16 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12374 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia:@pokeysteve: @owie: @dondave:

Wonder Woman speedblizes, she's resistant to his magic, better strength feats etc ..... She's beaten him once, and he's only knocked her down twice (not like Wonder Woman hasn't done the same), once when they weren't even fighting and Etrigan was trying to kiss Wonder Woman, the second time was in a legit fight and he used high level magic, she still wasn't down. She's stated that they are nearly equal in strength, but Etrigan still lacks strength feats so even that statement is shaky. In any case, she should be able to blitz him or find a something iron since she knows his weakness already.....

oh, and this has been done before

Wonder Woman vs Etrigan the Demon - Battles - Comic Vine

#17 Edited by Owie (3879 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days said:

@the_last_son_of_czarnia:@pokeysteve: @owie: @dondave:

Wonder Woman speedblizes, she's resistant to his magic, better strength feats etc ..... She's beaten him once, and he's only knocked her down twice (not like Wonder Woman hasn't done the same), once when they weren't even fighting and Etrigan was trying to kiss Wonder Woman, the second time was in a legit fight and he used high level magic, she still wasn't down. She's stated that they are nearly equal in strength, but Etrigan still lacks strength feats so even that statement is shaky. In any case, she should be able to blitz him or find a something iron since she knows his weakness already.....

Wonder Woman vs Etrigan the Demon - Battles - Comic Vine

I haven't been reading Justice League, so I don't know the level of her power there. But at least based on her feats in her solo series, I think she's fairly depowered from before and I have no confidence that she can speed blitz him, or win otherwise, at least to a majority.

Also, if you read the scans in the other thread, you'll note that Jason says she has no chance to stand up to the power of hell. She doesn't do anything solid against him in any of the scanned fights in that thread. In fact, 2 of the 3 end in him changing back to Jason.

#18 Posted by Kuffs (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

This, Wonder Woman takes both rounds.

#19 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12374 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie said:

I haven't been reading Justice League, so I don't know the level of her power there. But at least based on her feats in her solo series, I think she's fairly depowered from before and I have no confidence that she can speed blitz him, or win otherwise, at least to a majority.

If you are solely referring to New 52 Wonder Woman, then yeah I agree, but since this is Pre 52 Etrigan being referenced (since he hasn't many feats New 52, probably less than New 52 Wonder Woman), then Pre 52 Wonder Woman should be used since otherwise it'd be clearly unfair due to New 52 Wonder Woman's lack of feats.

#20 Posted by Owie (3879 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie said:

If you are solely referring to New 52 Wonder Woman, then yeah I agree, but since this is Pre 52 Etrigan being referenced (since he hasn't many feats New 52, probably less than New 52 Wonder Woman), then Pre 52 Wonder Woman should be used since otherwise it'd be clearly unfair due to New 52 Wonder Woman's lack of feats.

They've both got new-52 series, so that's what I'm assuming. But on the other hand, honestly, I don't know what Etrigan's power level is in relation to his old self either.

#21 Posted by Amazonia_Kryptonia (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: No chance against the power of Hell? WW defeated a Demon Lord and took off his hand with her lasso. She also took two kills shots from Neron at half power, and still clung to life for days. Hades, god of the Greek hell, hit WW over and over, and she still would not fall. So how do you think she won't beat Etrigan?

#22 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan

#23 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

Trust me dude Etrigan is better in almost everything

#24 Posted by Amazonia_Kryptonia (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt: Is he faster? Is he more skilled? What are his energy powers like? Are they better than Her's? Are his claws sharper than Her tiara or lasso? His strength is not above her's. Unless he is as strong as Superman. Because let's face it, DC says that no one is stronger than her but Superman.

#25 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12374 posts) - - Show Bio

@18hunt said:

Trust me dude Etrigan is better in almost everything

So you made this battle biased and knowing absolutely nothing about either character? Seems legit

Tell me everything Etrigan is better than Wonder Woman at and then back it up with feats, if you can't do that, then retract your statement or edit your post for good measure.

#26 Edited by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

No it is that he is better with magic, strength and overall power, but WW has some advantages including speed and her paraphernalia.

#27 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

He shoots Supah hot fyah out of his mouth and uses magic, is very strong can use portals to the demon world control/summon demons

#28 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan. Solely because of those awesome words he says.

#29 Posted by Owie (3879 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie: No chance against the power of Hell? WW defeated a Demon Lord and took off his hand with her lasso. She also took two kills shots from Neron at half power, and still clung to life for days. Hades, god of the Greek hell, hit WW over and over, and she still would not fall. So how do you think she won't beat Etrigan?

First, I was quoting Jason Blood, who obviously felt bad for Diana, feeling that she was going to lose against him, and he didn't want that to happen--he was sure enough of this to turn himself human and defenseless in order to save her.

Second, Etrigan has obviously fought and defeated more than a few demon lords himself.

In any case, I just looked through all of the current Wonder Woman series. Here's a run-down of all her significant encounters:

--She fought Poseidon in sea-monster form, which mostly consisted of her getting wrapped up in his tentacles.

--She fought Apollo, and he totally owned her.

--She took off her gauntlets, and fought Diana, and beat her down. As I mentioned in my first post, if she takes off her gauntlets, she may well win this.

--She fought Hermes, and did reasonably well, but he wounded her at least twice, and I don't believe she wounded him at all until she tricked him into flying past her.

All her other fights were pretty meaningless (centaurs, etc.).

None of this makes me think that she is somehow going to wreck Etrigan--especially her fight with Apollo. Even with her gauntlets off, it's not like she showed anything that would necessarily beat Etrigan. He's regularly fought people at her level, including herself, Superman, Lobo, etc. He's got telepathy and a healing factor in addition to all the powers already enumerated by other people. I think Wonder Woman is a serious warrior, but let's not pretend that Etrigan is some bum off the street.

#30 Posted by TifaLockhart (14119 posts) - - Show Bio

His advantages are Hellfire, sorcery, healing factor, and I believe strength. Her advantages are flight and speed. He's punched Superman to the moon. He's stalemated Lobo. He's killed Merlin and bfr'd Klarion. He's taken it to Glonth. He actually gave the Phantom Stranger the equivalent of a stubbed toe. Wonder Woman is not stomping here.

#31 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12374 posts) - - Show Bio

His advantages are Hellfire, sorcery, healing factor, and I believe strength. Her advantages are flight and speed. He's punched Superman to the moon. He's stalemated Lobo. He's killed Merlin and bfr'd Klarion. He's taken it to Glonth. He actually gave the Phantom Stranger the equivalent of a stubbed toe. Wonder Woman is not stomping here.

Na, they're on the same level of strength, as stated by Wonder Woman, although she has more feats in that area, most of the people on that list had to be dealt with on a completely magical level, besides Superman and Lobo that is .... Superman being vulnerable to Etrigan had some bearing on the fact that he was launched so easily, that and Superman wasn't even fighting back. Lobo and Etrigan are around the same level in every physical area besides regen and only by a slight margin. He's in a fight with a faster opponent who is just as strong and has equipment that can incapacitated and rhyming the truth, Hellfire did work once, but it didn't put her down for the count, she was still able to fight, as for sorcery, Wonder Woman has dealt with Circe and Jinx as well as several other magical beings such as Hades, who's magic should've killed her on the spot. Etrigan's magic isn't really an advantage. Wonder Woman also has a healing factor as you know, and she can heal instantly when her lasso is in contact with the earth.....Etrigan has no advantages really..

With that said, I agree with you that this won't be a stomp, it just wont be too hard.

#32 Posted by Pokeysteve (8558 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: @owie:

Don't forget New52 Diana just recently beat the $h!t out of Supergirl. Pretty easily. Wonder Woman trumps Etrigan in fighting skill. Coupled with her speed it should be like a fight with a slower weaker Superman.

#33 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12374 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget New52 Diana just recently beat the $h!t out of Supergirl. Pretty easily. Wonder Woman trumps Etrigan in fighting skill. Coupled with her speed it should be like a fight with a slower weaker Superman.

yeah, I saw that.\

@owie: It seems to me that you are only counting New 52 Wonder Woman's feats against pre 52 Etrigan when he has his own New 52 appearance and has no such feats of knocking Superman to the moon in new 52 or fighting Lobo in new 52 .... so if you're going to use Pre 52 Feats for Etrigan, take full note of Pre 52 Wonder Woman's feats as well as her feat of defeating Etrigan himself

#34 Posted by Owie (3879 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

yeah, I saw that.\

@owie: It seems to me that you are only counting New 52 Wonder Woman's feats against pre 52 Etrigan when he has his own New 52 appearance and has no such feats of knocking Superman to the moon in new 52 or fighting Lobo in new 52 .... so if you're going to use Pre 52 Feats for Etrigan, take full note of Pre 52 Wonder Woman's feats as well as her feat of defeating Etrigan himself

Well, true enough. The reason being that I don't know what Etrigan has been up to in the New 52--if he's been depowered/retconned or not. Diana has, so I'm not counting her previous feats. If Etrigan has, then I wouldn't count his old feats either. If he has not, like Batman or Green Lantern, then I would count his old feats.