• 80 results
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By vuviper

I think it'd be a cool fight to watch, whether it is a good fight or not I'm not sure. I have a general Idea of how powerful they are but not a really good one, so you guys can help me.

Etrigan vs Thor

Edit: forgot to say, battle happens on earth...not any magical place or w/e

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Probably Etrigan. Superman level strength, magical know how, all around better durability.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Etrigan should be able to handle Thor at regular levels of power
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula

big E
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By czarny_samael666

Probably Thor.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By capall

thor like ususal is gonna want to engage in a physical combat which he can not win, thor can win only if he uses god blast since god blast can be considered as a holy weapon but i doubt he would even get the chance to do so
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By castleking
thor wins every hammer beating would be like getting struck by a holy wpn baptized idol thor himself is a divine being.

it be like jeebisus facing mephisto with holy water in jeebisus case it be spit and his bible would be made of adamantium.. 

get behind me satan get behind me!!!

mephisto or the devil i am i am!! im in line!
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By capall
@castleking said:
"thor wins every hammer beating would be like getting struck by a holy wpn baptized idol thor himself is a divine being.

it be like jeebisus facing mephisto with holy water in jeebisus case it be spit and his bible would be made of adamantium.. 

get behind me satan get behind me!!!

mephisto or the devil i am i am!! im in line!
"

well this is assuming that thor can land a hit with mjolnir as well as mjolnir being considered as a holy powered weapon in the 1st place, it is mystically powered by odin but would that be considered as a holy weapon? even god blast itself i'm actually second guessing that it can be used as a holy power as well since etrigan is from dcu i would retract to what i said above and it wouldn't be qualifed as a holy weapon at all 
only holy power that can effect etrigan would be holy power that gets distributed from presence itself from dcu and using norse gods from mu shouldn't effect etrigan here
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By castleking
any god who was worship or considered divine can effect certain demonic beings in the Marvel U.. Thor's hammer was viewed as a symbol of godhood divinity protector of the world.... providing rain an weather ect ect... that act itself even in the current MU has effected dracula causing him pain and reeling from its presence as well as burning from thor since he is divine and their fore holy.

Odin himself has stated he has a connection witha  heavenly realm where he draws his powers from and is granted his status.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By capall
@castleking said:
"any god who was worship or considered divine can effect certain demonic beings in the Marvel U.. Thor's hammer was viewed as a symbol of godhood divinity protector of the world.... providing rain an weather ect ect... that act itself even in the current MU has effected dracula causing him pain and reeling from its presence as well as burning from thor since he is divine and their fore holy.

Odin himself has stated he has a connection witha  heavenly realm where he draws his powers from and is granted his status.
"

i know what you mean, the factor here is that the powers that mjolnir derives from different universe hence why i don't think it would work here, heck the ig doesn't work in dcu as well as many others items, just b/c it works on one universe doesn't necessarilly mean that it would work on other universe is all i'm saying
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By castleking
battle rules are they fight in a neutral U where each combatants can use their abilities...   -_-
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By capall
@castleking said:
"battle rules are they fight in a neutral U where each combatants can use their abilities...   -_- "

which also means that thor's supposedly holy powers would be also null and void
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By castleking
thor would also have bn worshipped in the DCU at one time or another as well.. -_-
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By capall
@castleking said:
"thor would also have bn worshipped in the DCU at one time or another as well.. -_- "

really, are you talking about marvel thor being worshipped in the dcu?  
news to me, never heard or seen such thing, elaborate more if you can please as i would like to know about this sincerely
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By castleking
never mind..   -_-
im getting irritated.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By capall
@castleking said:
"never mind..   -_-
im getting irritated.
"

lol, let me know when you can
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Etrigan doesn't stand much chance against Thor.He may have the physical ability to hang but when that energy and that magic starts flying Etrigan isn't going to be able to stop it.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By capall
@Vance Astro said:
"Etrigan doesn't stand much chance against Thor.He may have the physical ability to hang but when that energy and that magic starts flying Etrigan isn't going to be able to stop it. "

how so? and that's only if thor gets the chance to use it, knowing him will engage in a physical combat 1st
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"Etrigan doesn't stand much chance against Thor.He may have the physical ability to hang but when that energy and that magic starts flying Etrigan isn't going to be able to stop it. "
how so? and that's only if thor gets the chance to use it, knowing him will engage in a physical combat 1st "
Gets a chance? What's going to stop him? This isn't a Rulk comic.If Thor engages someone h2h and sees his opponent is getting the better of him he's not going to just sit there and keep getting beat up.He has a hell of alot more in his arsenal than brawling.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By capall
@Vance Astro said:
" @capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
how so? and that's only if thor gets the chance to use it, knowing him will engage in a physical combat 1st "
Gets a chance? What's going to stop him? This isn't a Rulk comic.If Thor engages someone h2h and sees his opponent is getting the better of him he's not going to just sit there and keep getting beat up.He has a hell of alot more in his arsenal than brawling. "

yes, i know but then it would be too late, he won't get the chance after he gets ko'ed, he ain't fighting hulk or juggy here where he can use his other abilities after knowing that his physical attributed won't be enough, he is fighting another superman level being that has greater strength as well as speed that can overwhelm him not to mention that etrigan also has his mystical abilities as well which i don't think will be as effective as thor is tho
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Gets a chance? What's going to stop him? This isn't a Rulk comic.If Thor engages someone h2h and sees his opponent is getting the better of him he's not going to just sit there and keep getting beat up.He has a hell of alot more in his arsenal than brawling. "
yes, i know but then it would be too late, he won't get the chance after he gets ko'ed, he ain't fighting hulk or juggy here where he can use his other abilities after knowing that his physical attributed won't be enough, he is fighting another superman level being that has greater strength as well as speed that can overwhelm him not to mention that etrigan also has his mystical abilities as well which i don't think will be as effective as thor is tho "
Etrigan isn't that strong.His strenght is comparable to Supes but he's not stronger than him and even he won't easily KO Thor.Unlike Superman Thor has plenty of attacks that could easily end Etrigan.Who says Thor even has to engage him h2h? He could just teleport him away..easy BFR.Not even bother fighting him.Etrigan has shown no Mystic abilities on Thor's level as far as I know.I also doubt he's immune to being transmuted and Thor definitely has the ability to do so.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By capall
@Vance Astro said:
" @capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
yes, i know but then it would be too late, he won't get the chance after he gets ko'ed, he ain't fighting hulk or juggy here where he can use his other abilities after knowing that his physical attributed won't be enough, he is fighting another superman level being that has greater strength as well as speed that can overwhelm him not to mention that etrigan also has his mystical abilities as well which i don't think will be as effective as thor is tho "
Etrigan isn't that strong.His strenght is comparable to Supes but he's not stronger than him and even he won't easily KO Thor.Unlike Superman Thor has plenty of attacks that could easily end Etrigan.Who says Thor even has to engage him h2h? He could just teleport him away..easy BFR.Not even bother fighting him.Etrigan has shown no Mystic abilities on Thor's level as far as I know.I also doubt he's immune to being transmuted and Thor definitely has the ability to do so. "

i agree with you to a certain extent, however that is who thor is which you can not deny, his ego being a norse god will engage in a physical combat prior to using his other abilities and yes thor can bfr him which isn't likely and in terms of being tranusmutated is questionalble as well since thor doesn't use this method in a battle, whether etrigan is stronger than supes doesn't really mattter either due to the fact that he still is strong enough to ko thor if he gets the chance and i say this b/c i do belive that thor is a better combatant than him
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @capall said:
" @Vance Astro said:
Etrigan isn't that strong.His strenght is comparable to Supes but he's not stronger than him and even he won't easily KO Thor.Unlike Superman Thor has plenty of attacks that could easily end Etrigan.Who says Thor even has to engage him h2h? He could just teleport him away..easy BFR.Not even bother fighting him.Etrigan has shown no Mystic abilities on Thor's level as far as I know.I also doubt he's immune to being transmuted and Thor definitely has the ability to do so. "
i agree with you to a certain extent, however that is who thor is which you can not deny, his ego being a norse god will engage in a physical combat prior to using his other abilities and yes thor can bfr him which isn't likely and in terms of being tranusmutated is questionalble as well since thor doesn't use this method in a battle, whether etrigan is stronger than supes doesn't really mattter either due to the fact that he still is strong enough to ko thor if he gets the chance and i say this b/c i do belive that thor is a better combatant than him "
No it is not.I have seen Thor in fights with people whose only offensive ability was super strength and he didn't engage them that way.He used his other powers to beat them.Thor has transmuted people in battle so I don't know where you're getting that he doesn't...where else would he use it? Also the case you're making about Etrigan's strength I already covered.I doubt that Superman can easily knockout Thor so Etrigan whom isn't stronger will need the same drive.It's not going to be 2-3 hits and Thor's down.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vuviper
@Vance Astro: Maybe Etrigan can knock him to the moon. Later i'll calculate the strength needed to do that but right now I have hw. Thanks for the replies
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@vuviper said:
" @Vance Astro: Maybe Etrigan can knock him to the moon. Later i'll calculate the strength needed to do that but right now I have hw. Thanks for the replies "
Maybe.Assuming Thor bothers to even engage him close range.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vuviper
@Vance Astro: Rough estimate to reach escape velocity is 2.3million newtons(assuming the punch took half a second so this is a kind of low estimate) with is enough force to lift roughly 250 tons(remember this is just for the arm he used to punch superman). Why did I do that when I have quantum mechanics hw....why am I even on this site...

And yes thats assuming he can engage him. I'm still undecided. I have heard though that Etrigan has pretty powerful magical abilities. So even if it isn't a physical fight right away he might have a chance.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@vuviper said:
" @Vance Astro: Rough estimate to reach escape velocity is 2.3million newtons(assuming the punch took half a second so this is a kind of low estimate) with is enough force to lift roughly 250 tons(remember this is just for the arm he used to punch superman). Why did I do that when I have quantum mechanics hw....why am I even on this site...  And yes thats assuming he can engage him. I'm still undecided. I have heard though that Etrigan has pretty powerful magical abilities. So even if it isn't a physical fight right away he might have a chance. "
Etrigan can't fly can he? That's another handicap.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vuviper
@Vance Astro:  Not that I know of.

you know my earlier estimate is ridiculous half a second of contact for a punch? let's go with a 20th of a second for easy calculation and say 2500 tons (to reach escape velocity, disregarding drag.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vuviper

Whose magical ability is greater Thor or Etrigan?

wolfmaster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wolfmaster77

Etrigan

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Needlebay

This would be a good fight, but Thor has the edge. Stonehenge Etrigan would own Thor, though.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By XiiX

@wolfmaster77 said:

Etrigan

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strike3

Thor. Figuring out how to defeat mystical opponents is what Thor's good at. I remember E' punching Superman to the moon, but that was a spell of bfr and Supes wasn't hurt at all, and just suprised he was sitting on the moon.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By boschePG

Thor can take on Surtur and Ghost Rider so Etrigans Hellfire wont be a factor. Scan wise, Thor woops him and Im an Etrigan fan too

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 owie  Moderator

I just went through a bunch of old Etrigan comics a while ago for another thread. Etrigan has numerous examples of getting wounded, sometimes seriously, by various medium-to-high level demons and superhumans. Etrigan has decent spells, and he was able to fight Lobo to a standstill in a very long fight. On the other hand, not long after that, while he did take Superman on for a while, Supes beat him decisively. The extra powers that Thor has, and Lobo doesn't, would give Thor a solid majority.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cream_God
No Caption Provided

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@wolfmaster77 said:

Etrigan

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Still Etrigan. His magical power is very nearly without limit, his reflexes are dramatically better than Thor's, his strength is comparable, and he's far more vicious.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Etrigan FTW

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@owie: Etrigan jobs, amusingly similar to the way Thor jobs. Using low showings from both, they're still pretty close. Using Etrigan's high feats (MMH, Swamp Thing, Satanus) he pwns.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

...Etrigan maybe.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming Etrigan is faster than thor. Would that be correct? I mean, cold Etrigan tag quicksilver?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonknights: While not a speedster, Etrigan has tagged Superman while in downwards flight, a fairly serious Superman. He has done so with WW as well.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 owie  Moderator

@joygirl said:

@owie: Etrigan jobs, amusingly similar to the way Thor jobs. Using low showings from both, they're still pretty close. Using Etrigan's high feats (MMH, Swamp Thing, Satanus) he pwns.

That's why we try to use middle showings :) From my perspective, Etrigan's personality is that he likes to brawl. He's vicious, cruel, even masochistic. When he fought Lobo, for instance, it was a 22-page battle over 2 issues because he likes to fight. He sees a fun challenge and goes for it. He could have ended it through magic, but he likes the glee of battle. He's not a surgical fighter, not someone who looks at a situation and thinks, what's the most effective way to end this? But overall, from most of the Etrigan series spread over the decades, I think Etrigan is a high level fighter, but not super-high. He has a hard time with various demons and magicians that are not surpassingly powerful at times, and then he goes and beats down on a duke of hell at other times. We can call the low showings jobbing, but I think honestly it's the super-high showings that are more out of character. The guys on both teams in this battle are around his normal tier, I think.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By New_World_Order

Thor.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Not sure on this one, they're pretty close in all aspects.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor should edge him out in almost everything.