• 88 results
Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Etrigan

Who wins we saw some of this in a episode of jlu but how do you think it ends fights to the death
Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Etrigan:
MM tears him a new A HOLE
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

um... you're kidding right? 

Etrigan in a curbstomp... 

M

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By drkhwk2001

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lemme think.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

hold on... 

if it's the MM still petrified of fire as his weakness then Etrigan curbstomps 

if not, then MM wins 

M

Shikarenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shikarenji
@Methos: thats what i was thinkin
Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Etrigan

hes afraid of fire well in that jlu episode it looked pretty even have we all seen it or should i post it? 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
@Methos said:
" hold on...  if it's the MM still petrified of fire as his weakness then Etrigan curbstomps  if not, then MM wins  M "
thats more like it... Etrigan is a beast with that Hellfire... 
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Methos said:
" hold on...  if it's the MM still petrified of fire as his weakness then Etrigan curbstomps  if not, then MM wins  M "
How is Etrigans resistance to mind rape?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Methos said:
He can be hurt by fire, but it has to be emotional fire.(like the fire an arsonist causes)
Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos
@Etrigan said:
" hes afraid of fire well in that jlu episode it looked pretty even have we all seen it or should i post it?  "
it's on youtube, people can find it if they want... don't bother with the link... 

M
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Magian

Etrigan.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Methos said:
"hold on...  if it's the MM still petrified of fire as his weakness then Etrigan curbstomps  if not, then MM wins  M "

MM is still way faster via Speed blitz mind rape
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Silver2467

They fought before. In the fight, Demon was amped up, and the Martian did not have his telepathy. Not to mention, that was Pre-Fernus Martian. Post-Fernus should have no issue with his fire, unless magical fire works the same way psychic fire does. All the same, if the Martian uses his abilities wisely, he could take this. 

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Etrigan said:
" hes afraid of fire well in that jlu episode it looked pretty even have we all seen it or should i post it?  "
You mean the cartoon? That things non cannon and a lot of time has pasted anyway. He's no longer weak against normal fire, only emotional fire(it's complicated)
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@Decoy Elite said: 
He can be hurt by fire, but it has to be emotional fire.(like the fire an arsonist causes) "
Psionic fire is the only fire that proven to work thus far without massive PIS (Salvation Run). 
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Magian

Which versions are we using?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Silver2467 said:
" @Decoy Elite said: 
He can be hurt by fire, but it has to be emotional fire.(like the fire an arsonist causes) "
Psionic fire is the only fire that proven to work thus far without massive PIS (Salvation Run).  "
Well the arsonist thing was used as an example at the end of Trail by Fire so I thought it was worth mentioning.
Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Etrigan

well i might sound baised but etrigan did punch superman to the moon so...
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Etrigan said:
"well i might sound baised but etrigan did punch superman to the moon so... "

MM could do that to etrigan and vice versa
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silver2467
@Decoy Elite said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Decoy Elite said: 
Psionic fire is the only fire that proven to work thus far without massive PIS (Salvation Run).  "
Well the arsonist thing was used as an example at the end of Trail by Fire so I thought it was worth mentioning. "
That was how he explained it, but that explanation is inconclusive. I can name several instances and have plenty of scans of Post-Trial by Fire/Post-Fernus Martian resisting fire. Overall, there have been one or two PIS instances where fire has affected him in works that are riddled with PIS. I can name more than one instance where fire was used against him. BatMan used a flamethrower on him. Libra used his flaming spear on the Martian twice while he was already severely weakened from tranq darts created by Sivana and by being blasted by Effigy and Dr. Light. Overall, it is a very complicated issue, but by and large, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he can resist fire, even in combat. Like I said, psychic fire works, as it was used by Despero. Other than that, I have never seen Post-Fernus Martian exposed to mystical fire. So I have no idea if that would work or not. It worked Pre-Fernus when Etrigan and the Martian fought, but, again, that was before Trial by Fire. 
Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Etrigan

i dont know as much about mm as i do etrigan because etrigan is my fave but his hellfire held back the black lantern corp but mm does have telapathy
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Silver2467 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Decoy Elite said: 
Well the arsonist thing was used as an example at the end of Trail by Fire so I thought it was worth mentioning. "
That was how he explained it, but that explanation is inconclusive. I can name several instances and have plenty of scans of Post-Trial by Fire/Post-Fernus Martian resisting fire. Overall, there have been one or two PIS instances where fire has affected him in works that are riddled with PIS. I can name more than one instance where fire was used against him. BatMan used a flamethrower on him. Libra used his flaming spear on the Martian twice while he was already severely weakened from tranq darts created by Sivana and by being blasted by Effigy and Dr. Light. Overall, it is a very complicated issue, but by and large, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he can resist fire, even in combat. Like I said, psychic fire works, as it was used by Despero. Other than that, I have never seen Post-Fernus Martian exposed to mystical fire. So I have no idea if that would work or not. It worked Pre-Fernus when Etrigan and the Martian fought, but, again, that was before Trial by Fire.  "
Well one could argue the spear fire thing was legitimate(as it was caused by one of his rouges who wanted him to die). But either way this is a hard one to pick due to MM's lack of recent exposure to mystic fires. No real way to know how he'd react.
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By drkhwk2001

Going with Etrigan here.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Silver2467

Demon punching SuperMan to the moon is irrelevant for these reasons. One, the Martian already fought an amped Demon without his telepathy. He had help in that fight, but overall, once the Martian stepped in, the other mystics involved never seemed as engaged in the fight. He did fine in that battle. Two, the Martian is more powerful than SuperMan anyway. He may not be physically superior, but he can contend physically. On top of that, he has shape shifting, which he can and has used as an adaptive resistance to threats. He also has intangibility. Three, the Martian has swatted White Martians across vast distances also. Hitting a character over large areas is a feat he can replicate. 

Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Etrigan
@slacker the hacker:
way faster etrigan has super speed too
Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Etrigan

etrigan stalemates lobo
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@Decoy Elite said: 
Well one could argue the spear fire thing was legitimate(as it was caused by one of his rouges who wanted him to die). But either way this is a hard one to pick due to MM's lack of recent exposure to mystic fires. No real way to know how he'd react. "
Actually, it really is not legitimate. First of all, like I said, the Martian was already severely weakened beforehand. In fact, much of what weakened him was off-panel. Two, he withstood being stabbed through by a flaming spear twice while already weakened. Three, Libra is a wild card. He is either a very PIS filled character, or he is extremely powerful. The problem is that the nature of his power is undefined. We really have no idea what it is that he is capable of. It was circumstantial. Being stabbed by a flaming spear is not the only factor involved in the Martian's death. In fact, that was a very minor factor in comparison. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Decoy Elite
@drkhwk2001 said:
" Going with Etrigan here. "
Why?
Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Etrigan

but coudnt he phase and turn to stone that plays a facter against the hellfire and etrigans strength too
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Silver2467 said:
" @Decoy Elite said: 
Well one could argue the spear fire thing was legitimate(as it was caused by one of his rouges who wanted him to die). But either way this is a hard one to pick due to MM's lack of recent exposure to mystic fires. No real way to know how he'd react. "
Actually, it really is not legitimate. First of all, like I said, the Martian was already severely weakened beforehand. In fact, much of what weakened him was off-panel. Two, he withstood being stabbed through by a flaming spear twice while already weakened. Three, Libra is a wild card. He is either a very PIS filled character, or he is extremely powerful. The problem is that the nature of his power is undefined. We really have no idea what it is that he is capable of. It was circumstantial. Being stabbed by a flaming spear is not the only factor involved in the Martian's death. In fact, that was a very minor factor in comparison.  "
Well yeah, I'm just saying it's entirely possible that the fire harming him was legit. (Although it definitely should be noted that he was weakened)
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
Why? "
Hellfir, and they are about even in strength. So I think Hellfire puts Etrigan over the top.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Decoy Elite
@drkhwk2001 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
Why? "
Hellfir, and they are about even in strength. So I think Hellfire puts Etrigan over the top. "
MM can simply dodge the hellfire or even go intangible to avoid it(unless it's able to harm intangible foes)
Not to mention MM's telepathic powers, which I have no reason to think Etrigan would resist.
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
Why? "
Hellfir, and they are about even in strength. So I think Hellfire puts Etrigan over the top. "
MM can simply dodge the hellfire or even go intangible to avoid it(unless it's able to harm intangible foes) Not to mention MM's telepathic powers, which I have no reason to think Etrigan would resist. "
I am not sure of Etrigans resistance to telepathy if he has it he wins no doubt, if he doesn't MM may be able to win this.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Decoy Elite
@drkhwk2001 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
Why? "
MM can simply dodge the hellfire or even go intangible to avoid it(unless it's able to harm intangible foes) Not to mention MM's telepathic powers, which I have no reason to think Etrigan would resist. "
I am not sure of Etrigans resistance to telepathy if he has it he wins no doubt, if he doesn't MM may be able to win this. "
MM has been able to force himself into the mind of the Spectre. If Etrigan has no resistance, he's doomed for sure. 
Even without the TP, I'd still say MM stands a good chance, unless I'm missing something here.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silver2467
@Decoy Elite said: 
Well yeah, I'm just saying it's entirely possible that the fire harming him was legit. (Although it definitely should be noted that he was weakened) "
Possibly. I have seen fire actually been used against him Post-Fernus and fail. 

For the record, defeating him with fire even before Trial by Fire was not easy. Before Trial by Fire (meaning before he gained a resistance to fire), he has been blasted by Fire (Beatriz) and got up. He has taken a spray of an amped Demon's hellfire and survived. He had his entire body set on fire during Tower of Babel and survived. He took his brother to the sun aboard Z'onn Z'orr and survived. There are several instances of him surviving fire even Pre-Fernus. Assuming for a minute that magic fire did work (questionable), it is not going to be as easy as people think. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Silver2467
@Decoy Elite said: 

MM has been able to force himself into the mind of the Spectre.   

And Doctor Fate. And Alan Scott. And Morgaine le Fey. And White Martians.  

Just saying. 
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
Why? "
I am not sure of Etrigans resistance to telepathy if he has it he wins no doubt, if he doesn't MM may be able to win this. "
MM has been able to force himself into the mind of the Spectre. If Etrigan has no resistance, he's doomed for sure.  Even without the TP, I'd still say MM stands a good chance, unless I'm missing something here. "
I know MM is about Supes equal with shape shifting, Intangibility, and Telepathy, but Etrigan is a beast also, Demonic strength, Hell fire, mystical power, very durable. It would be a good matchup. But I still think if Etrigan has resistance to TP, he wins.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Silver2467
@drkhwk2001 said: 
I know MM is about Supes equal with shape shifting, Intangibility, and Telepathy,   
What? The Martian is an equal to SuperMan with his physical stats, super breath, and heat vision. Invisibility, intangibility, shape shifting, telepathy, telekinesis, super scream, etc. put him over SuperMan's level.  

but Etrigan is a beast also, Demonic strength, Hell fire, mystical power, very durable. It would be a good matchup. But I still think if Etrigan has resistance to TP, he wins. "
I already mentioned that the Martian held his own against an amped Demon without his telepathy, and that was Pre-Fernus. 
Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Etrigan

well some say thats non canon i guess lol
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Silver2467 said:
" @drkhwk2001 said: 
I know MM is about Supes equal with shape shifting, Intangibility, and Telepathy,   
What? The Martian is an equal to SuperMan with his physical stats, super breath, and heat vision. Invisibility, intangibility, shape shifting, telepathy, telekinesis, super scream, etc. put him over SuperMan's level.  

but Etrigan is a beast also, Demonic strength, Hell fire, mystical power, very durable. It would be a good matchup. But I still think if Etrigan has resistance to TP, he wins. "
I already mentioned that the Martian held his own against an amped Demon without his telepathy, and that was Pre-Fernus.  "
Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't the fact tha Etrigan is a demon nullify MM intangibilty since demons are intangible and only possess physical bodies.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Decoy Elite
@drkhwk2001 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @drkhwk2001 said: 

I already mentioned that the Martian held his own against an amped Demon without his telepathy, and that was Pre-Fernus.  "
Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't the fact tha Etrigan is a demon nullify MM intangibilty since demons are intangible and only possess physical bodies. "
Demons aren't intangible all the time. Where did you get that from?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Silver2467
@Etrigan said:
" well some say thats non canon i guess lol "
Not the TV show; that is non-canon. What I am referring to was in the Martian's solo series. It was Martian Manhunter #28.
not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By not2baad

I think the Martian Manhunter is gonna win this . His powers are better than Etrigan's magic.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Silver2467
@drkhwk2001 said: 
Correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't the fact tha Etrigan is a demon nullify MM intangibilty since demons are intangible and only possess physical bodies. "
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Decoy Elite said:
" @drkhwk2001 said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @drkhwk2001 said: 

Demons aren't intangible all the time. Where did you get that from? "
So what is the molecular make up of a demon?
Etrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Etrigan
@Silver2467:

but wouldnt the comic be correct not the show thats wat i would of thought since comic came first
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Decoy Elite
@drkhwk2001: Are you suggesting they're made of special Demon molecules or something?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Silver2467
@Etrigan said:
" @Silver2467: but wouldnt the comic be correct not the show thats wat i would of thought since comic came first "
Yes. That was what I was talking about. 
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Decoy Elite:  No I am saying that Demons possess physical bodies. Sometimes those bodies change form. But demons need a physical body to possess.