• 57 results
#1 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a battle between powerful dudes nuff said....

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont know if The Celestials could actually destroy Eternity... hard feat to do
#3 Posted by Midnightist (10858 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternity you can't beat Eternity

#4 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

The Celestials are the defenders of their individual universes as they are many copies of the Celestials in the various alternate realities.  The Celestial Host can not harm Eternity.

#5 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Midnightist said:
"Eternity you can't beat Eternity"
lol, should i post the scans from marvel the end?
#6 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Midnightist said:
"Eternity you can't beat Eternity"
lol, should i post the scans from marvel the end?"
Or the Infinity Gauntlet
#7 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't think the combined might of these powerful aliens can match that of Eternity (who is a force of nature in the universe).

#8 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion I believe the Celestials don't stand much of a chance, the Celestials have a hard time with Galactus who is also a force of nature but Eternity is the presonification of time and space, he is probably only second in power to the Living Tribunal.

#9 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternity.

#10 Posted by The Scientist (630 posts) - - Show Bio

For the plain reason that he is eternal and the celestials, are too but, they can be, trapped or stopped, as predicted with the sleeping celestial in the new eternals comic.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
The Scientist said:
"For the plain reason that he is eternal and the celestials, are too but, they can be, trapped or stopped, as predicted with the sleeping celestial in the new eternals comic."
Mhmmmm... good inside information
#12 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"In my opinion I believe the Celestials don't stand much of a chance, the Celestials have a hard time with Galactus who is also a force of nature but Eternity is the presonification of time and space, he is probably only second in power to the Living Tribunal."

I like the way you think!
#13 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"In my opinion I believe the Celestials don't stand much of a chance, the Celestials have a hard time with Galactus who is also a force of nature but Eternity is the presonification of time and space, he is probably only second in power to the Living Tribunal."

I like the way you think!"

Why thank you.
#14 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

that's like saying galactus, ego, agis and all are powerful enough to match eternity. did you know eternity is the entire marvel universe with legs? the only way they can destroy eternity is by destroying all of the multiuniverses and reailties in the whole comic histories... and THAT INCLUDES WHAT IF comics.

#15 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"that's like saying galactus, ego, agis and all are powerful enough to match eternity. did you know eternity is the entire marvel universe with legs? the only way they can destroy eternity is by destroying all of the multiuniverses and reailties in the whole comic histories... and THAT INCLUDES WHAT IF comics."

Galactus is not very weak in comparison to Cosmic Entites, he is extremely powerful, he surpasses Death in power.
#16 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Ego said:
"that's like saying galactus, ego, agis and all are powerful enough to match eternity. did you know eternity is the entire marvel universe with legs? the only way they can destroy eternity is by destroying all of the multiuniverses and reailties in the whole comic histories... and THAT INCLUDES WHAT IF comics."

Galactus is not very weak in comparison to Cosmic Entites, he is extremely powerful, he surpasses Death in power."
Galactus does not surpass Death in Power, even if he were at full power.
#17 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"Theracles said:
"Ego said:

Galactus is not very weak in comparison to Cosmic Entites, he is extremely powerful, he surpasses Death in power."
Galactus does not surpass Death in Power, even if he were at full power."
hahahahah are you serious?! Death? Surpassing her?! i needed a good laugh today. 
#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

If oblivion wanted to, he could touch galactus and galactus would stop existEgo said:

seriously wtf?
#19 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Death isn't that powerful, in Marvel.com there were so many posts saying Galactus is only second in power to Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion and Living Tribunal. Death cannot match Galactus is power.

#20 Edited by EganTheVile1 (6199 posts) - - Show Bio

Celestials, monstrous curbstomp provided blind Celestial is in this

#21 Posted by oldmagic (5295 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Death isn't that powerful, in Marvel.com there were so many posts saying Galactus is only second in power to Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion and Living Tribunal. Death cannot match Galactus is power."
hahahah oh man! i needed another good laugh. good one bro. great stuff there. 
#22 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6199 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is low on the cosmic beings rankings, he's just above Stranger and In-Betweener, doubt he is above any of the other major cosmics

#23 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

No he is not, he is nigh-omnipotent, Death isn't even near omnipotence. Galactus is the most feared being in the cosmos for a reason.

#24 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"No he is not, he is nigh-omnipotent, Death isn't even near omnipotence. Galactus is the most feared being in the cosmos for a reason."
Your on Drugs!  Galactus is not nigh-omnipotent.  Galactus is the most feared among the mortal races in the universe, but not in comparison to most of the Astral Gods of the Marvel Universe.  Eternity/Infinity, Death/Oblivion, Phoenix Force, Goblin Force, Lord Order, Master Chaos, etc . . . are all his superiors (although he does not like to admit it).
#25 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"Theracles said:
"No he is not, he is nigh-omnipotent, Death isn't even near omnipotence. Galactus is the most feared being in the cosmos for a reason."
Your on Drugs!  Galactus is not nigh-omnipotent.  Galactus is the most feared among the mortal races in the universe, but not in comparison to most of the Astral Gods of the Marvel Universe.  Eternity/Infinity, Death/Oblivion, Phoenix Force, Goblin Force, Lord Order, Master Chaos, etc . . . are all his superiors (although he does not like to admit it)."

Theracles said:
Galactus is on an equal level with most if not all of these beings when he is fully fed. All of them are abstract concepts of the universe they are close to equals PF and GF would be slightly higher. But none of them fear Galactus

Eternity wins this battle he created all of the Celestrials with his meditations. Eternity wins but they could definantly come real close to beating him.
#26 Posted by King Saturn (224153 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"If oblivion wanted to, he could touch galactus and galactus would stop existEgo said:
seriously wtf?
"
Ha Ha Ha  !  What the Hell is this ?
#27 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom beat Galactus with his bare hand.

But there is no way in DBZ hell that Dr. Doom can triumphs over Death.

Death > Galactus

#28 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Tevnoba I don't take drugs, I have a no drugs or alchohol policy and Death is not that powerful, Stan Lee said it himself.

#29 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Tevnoba I don't take drugs, I have a no drugs or alchohol policy and Death is not that powerful, Stan Lee said it himself."

I agree with u. How would death have power over something that can't die like Galactus? Even in his so called death he becomes a star. How would death effect Eternity or even the Elders of the Universe for that matter?
#30 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Death isn't that powerful, in Marvel.com there were so many posts saying Galactus is only second in power to Eternity, Infinity, Oblivion and Living Tribunal. Death cannot match Galactus is power."
caption
#31 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:

It was stated that Eternity, Galactus and Death are three natural forces of the universe. I don't think it was ever stated if one was greater than the other. If there is one, I would go with Eternity.

I still can't see how death could effect something that can't die.

Anyone have a idea?
#32 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Death is an bastract entity that represents vegeance in the universe, Eternity represents nescesity and Galactus equity and they are cosmic entities, the most powerful would be Eternity and the weakest would be Death, Death seems more powerful than Galactus because Death almost never participates in the battles that Galactus does and that gives the impression that she is more powerful. Galactus is only second in power to Eternity, Infinity and the Living Tribunal. I don't know about Oblivion.

#33 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i read somewhere that the keeper  of balance in the marvel cosmic hierarchy is far less powerful than the two sides. so Galactus would be less powerful the Eternity and Death, just as the in-betweener is less powerful than lord chaos and master order. i can't guarantee that it's true, but it does make sense.

#34 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"I think i read somewhere that the keeper  of balance in the marvel cosmic hierarchy is far less powerful than the two sides. so Galactus would be less powerful the Eternity and Death, just as the in-betweener is less powerful than lord chaos and master order. i can't guarantee that it's true, but it does make sense."
Yes, that is true.
#35 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree, if you go to Marvel.com you will see the power scale. Death is not as powerful as Galactus.

#36 Posted by chunjacktao (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternity wins.

#37 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. celestials

#38 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@why so serious said:
"  Nah. celestials "
LOL WUT
#39 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternity is the Celestials if he wants to there never were Celestials

#40 Posted by The Dude. (902 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theracles said:
"Its a battle between powerful dudes nuff said.... "

Eternity>Celestials.  Only a theory, but Celestials were spawned by Eternity as probes or vessels for him to keep tabs on the universes.  They are well beneath Eternity.  That's why Eternity was the last one to take on Thanos at the end of Infinity Gauntlet No. 5!  Everything withing the MU is suppose to be the embodiment of Eternity, I believe.
#41 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

eternity wins here
#42 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theracles said:
" Death is an bastract entity that represents vegeance in the universe, Eternity represents nescesity and Galactus equity and they are cosmic entities, the most powerful would be Eternity and the weakest would be Death, Death seems more powerful than Galactus because Death almost never participates in the battles that Galactus does and that gives the impression that she is more powerful. Galactus is only second in power to Eternity, Infinity and the Living Tribunal. I don't know about Oblivion. "
oblivions best feat was when mealstrom was his avatar and was mocking people like galactus and celestials, he even mocked thanos at the time he had the gaunlets
#43 Posted by JediXMan (30584 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternity wins.

To the other argument: I think Galactus is capable of overruling death. That he can bring back the dead without her.

#44 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Eternity wins.  To the other argument: I think Galactus is capable of overruling death. That he can bring back the dead without her. "
That's not such a big feat. I don't remember anyone who came back from the dead before having to ask for Death's permission before.
#45 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternity > Galactus.

#46 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternity stomps

#47 Posted by dondave (37295 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternity

#48 Edited by fondofpacman (572 posts) - - Show Bio

It sort of depends on whether or not you consider Eternity to be the embodiment of just the 616 Universe, or the entire omniverse...and whether we're talking about just one host of Celestials, or all Celestials in the omniverse. But I assume we're talking about one host of Celestials and an avatar of Eternity representing only the 616 Universe.

Eternity's been beaten by pretty wimpy guys with prep (Nightmare comes to mind), and considering that the 5th Host of Celestials stopped the Goblin Entity after it had defeated and absorbed Galactus and then the Phoenix Force, someone could definitely make a case for the Celestials here.

But having said that...I don't think a normal host of Celestials have any chance to beat Eternity without significant prep. Eternity is, classically, just below LT on the abstract hierarchy. His losses are largely due to silly writing and heavy plot injection. To even match him in a standard brawl, you'd need to be some universal reality warper (like Mad Jim Jaspers) or some freak-show who commands the power of an entire universe or more (like Zom, Sise-Neg, Dormammu, Shuma, etc.).

#49 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

According to their most recent interpretation, the Celestials are not just a race of extremely powerful aliens, they are (along with the Horde) the living tools of the Fulcrum aka TOAA. In the Eternals series by Gaiman, the Fulcrum (presumably the Jack Kirby side of him) decides to make the sleeping Celestial his equal and partner because he ceases to be a mere tool and starts "caring". I believe it means that, would the Fulcrum decide to use his agents to rearrange or destroy Etirnity, yes, they could do it. I must say though, that apart from this precise story it's hard to evaluate the real might of the Celestials. One thing we know for sure is that they have consistently appeared in every main cosmic event as pears to the abstracts of the 616 universe.

#50 Edited by connorketcham (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. Pretty easy. The MU has a cosmic hierarchy. At the top is the one above all who created The multiverse. Next his avatar the living tribunal tasked with safeguarding the entire multiverse.

Next is eternity (along with infinity, oblivion, and death) who are siblings who are LITERALLY the main marvel universe.

Under those powerhouses would be Near-Omnipotent ancient species: the mighty celestials and their enemies the Watchers.

Other cosmic beings go here. The not-omnipotent beings that are WAY stronger than your mortals (humans, skrull, kree, voldi, shi'ar, etc) but not invincible. This would be thanos, galactus, the elders, annihilus, beyonder, phoenix force, apocolypse and dormammu depending on the day.

Below cosmic powerhouses like that you have your elder gods. When the first organism on earth gained consciousness he split himself up into many entities who become the elder gods. Each of these went on to start pantheons of "gods" worshipped on earth. Such as Gaia. They later became the hell lords and spawned demons. Mephisto, Lucifer, Satannish, etc

The offspring of those elder gods are worshipped as gods and had pantheons. These are the godheads. Zeus, Vishnu, Odin. Also in these category are other god-like beings: Olympians, asguardians.

Then you have mortals and their superheroes and their mutants. That's the hierarchy of the mu in a nutshell.