• Master Chief

Esquire (Blue)

• Green Goblin/Hobgoblin
  • Heatwave/Trickster
  • Daredevil/Elektra

Mission

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Something about property makes people go nuts! In this case the middle ground. For some reason Ninjas planted bombs all over the place. Why is beyond me. Easy enough mission however. You will disarm the 4 bombs on the 4 corners of the building, and the jack one of the boats to exit the island. Simple. We did send 2 teams out there however to ensure sucess. Whoever brings back the most fuses as proof gets the paycheck. Even if you have to kill the other team to get their fuses. I do not care.

No Caption Provided

Also these Ninjas are still around in large numbers. 100 on each Island in the tress ready to attack.

Perks

• Maps: Your Team is given intel on the entire map before hand, all the best spots to snipe, ambush, ect. This also applies to knowing the populace in great detail you will be up against. This also includes where your enemy will come from.
  • Dossiers: Your Team gets full bios and history of your enemies.
  • Ignore Me: You get a special spray that will keep the populace of any level from bothering you up close and personal like.
  • Blood Lusted: Your team work is sacrifice a bit, but going berserk with no morals is fun too.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@juiceboks I'll take the "Ignore Me" perk. I've got an opener written up, but I'd like you to pick your perk before I post it.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

@esquire I'll take the Dossiers. Ninjas should be no trouble for my team.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks

Okay, quick opener:

My team has a pretty substantial travel speed advantage thanks to Goblin and Hobgoblin, both of whom have Goblin Gliders. Trickster also has flight boots, and Daredevil has excellent travel speed. With Goblin taking Heatwave and Hobgoblin taking Elektra, I can have five people at the building before you get there, with Daredevil not much behind. Your team will also have to fight through 100 angry ninjas to get to the building. I understand that they can't really get through your durability, but they could get a lucky shot and will at least slow you down by dint of sheer numbers. And the other 100 ninjas, since they won't be attacking me, will also swarm in your direction to hinder you even more.

Green Goblin, Daredevil, and Elektra should all be able to disarm the bombs, so by the time your team get to the building through all of the ninjas, I should have both of my fuses disarmed by DD and Elektra, and Osborne will have disarmed one on your side. I'll have Heatwave and Trickster stationed on the edge, safe within Trickster's invisibility field, with Hobgoblin flying around above to hold your team off when you start to attack. Hobgoblin will pelt your team with Pumpkin bombs and laser blasts, and Trickster will litter the ground with his gum and various explosives. Once Osborne finishes his disarming, he'll jet to one of the boats and bring it back. Daredevil and Elektra will join the rest of my team defending the building.

(Credit to Nickthedevil for scans)

Once Osborne returns, we'll jump in the boat and speed away to victory with a majority of the fuses.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@esquire said:

@juiceboks

Okay, quick opener:

My team has a pretty substantial travel speed advantage thanks to Goblin and Hobgoblin, both of whom have Goblin Gliders. Trickster also has flight boots, and Daredevil has excellent travel speed. With Goblin taking Heatwave and Hobgoblin taking Elektra, I can have five people at the building before you get there, with Daredevil not much behind. Your team will also have to fight through 100 angry ninjas to get to the building. I understand that they can't really get through your durability, but they could get a lucky shot and will at least slow you down by dint of sheer numbers. And the other 100 ninjas, since they won't be attacking me, will also swarm in your direction to hinder you even more.

Green Goblin, Daredevil, and Elektra should all be able to disarm the bombs, so by the time your team get to the building through all of the ninjas, I should have both of my fuses disarmed by DD and Elektra, and Osborne will have disarmed one on your side. I'll have Heatwave and Trickster stationed on the edge, safe within Trickster's invisibility field, with Hobgoblin flying around above to hold your team off when you start to attack. Hobgoblin will pelt your team with Pumpkin bombs and laser blasts, and Trickster will litter the ground with his gum and various explosives. Once Osborne finishes his disarming, he'll jet to one of the boats and bring it back. Daredevil and Elektra will join the rest of my team defending the building.

(Credit to Nickthedevil for scans)

Once Osborne returns, we'll jump in the boat and speed away to victory with a majority of the fuses.

I will admit, the ninjas will slow my team down..by 20 seconds at most. Grievous is by far the fastest person here even counting Norman and Phil on their gliders and he has the feats to show for it.

The electrodrivers that powered Grievous's limbs could move faster then the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and his lightsber vanished: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed, an imitation quantum event

-Taken from Revenge Of The Sith

The electrodrivers powering Grievous's mechanical arms let each of the four attack thrice in a single second;integrated by combat agorithms in the bio-droid's electronic network of peripheral processors each of the each of the twelve strikes persecond are from different angle with different speed and intensity ,and unpredictibly broken rhythm of slashes, chops, and stabs of which every single one could take Obi Wan's life

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-- sixteen per second, eighteen -- until finally at twenty strikes per second he overloaded Obi-Wans defenses

Grievous stayed right with him , attacking before Obi-Wan could even realize exactly what was happening ,attacking faster than thought--

He can VERY easily solo a few hundred Hand Ninjas especially considering they pose absolutely no threat to him or Master Chief. Who also boasts considerable speed in his own right thanks to the Mjolnir armor. Both of these are taken from Fall of Reach.

“Your Spartans can run at bursts of up to fifty-five KPH,” he explained. “Kelly can run a little faster, Ithink. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the ‘alterations’ we’ve made to their bodies. They canlift three times their body weight—which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increasedmuscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark.”
Dr. Halsey pondered this new data. “They should not be performing so well. There must be unexplained synergistic effects brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?” “Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at twenty milliseconds,” Mendez replied. He shook his head, then added, “I believe it’s significantly faster in combat situations, when their adrenaline is pumping.” “Any physiological or mental instabilities?” “None. They work like no team I’ve ever seen before. Damn near telepathic, if you ask me. They were dropped in these caves yesterday, and I don’t know where they got black suits or the rope that for that maneuver, but I can guarantee they haven’t left this room. They improvise and improve and adapt. “And,” he added, “they like it. The tougher the challenge, the harder the fight . . . the better their morale becomes.” Dr. Halsey watched as the
He is built to dominate. The ceramic armorplast plates protecting limbs and torso and face can stop a burst from a starfighter laser cannon.those indestructible arms are ten time stronger then a human,and move with blurring speed of electronic reflexes

So my plan is basically Grievous and John are gonna make a beeline straight to the bomb points with the General of course taking point and slicing and dicing a path for John and Leonard(who will be piggybacking it with cold field down of course) to sprint through. Since they know of your team and what they can do(and of course Leonard's experience dealing with Heatwave and Trickster doesn't hurt either) they will be constantly alert of any flying maniacs and the minute they catch glimpse of them, Leonard starts blasting and Chief starts sniping(or battle rifling if he doesn't have his sniper rifle..@cadencev2 does MC get a sniper rifle?). So if you really are going to try and fly your way to the bomb locations in plain view(or not plain view, it doesn't matter as Chief's helmet should pinpoint your team's location regardless of any cloaking tech as it has done so to cloaked Elites), it's not gonna end well.

Also as far as numbers go..200 ninjas is nothing compared to John who along with 3 other Spartans, took down a thousand grunts in a few minutes. And of course an army is nothing new to Grievous either. Really, either one could breeze through these armorless fodder with knifes. If they truly prove a significant hinderance for Grievous, he could easily scale the buildings using the magnetic clamps on his feet to avoid confrontation.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pokergeist

@juiceboks: If you want it and its standard (Which it is) have at it.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 juiceboks  Moderator

@cadencev2 Awesome

I suppose I should post John's gear in the event that voters get the impression I'm pulling weapons out of my ass.

Gear!!

(Stats for equipment can be posted as requested)

BR55HB Battle Rifle

No Caption Provided

SRS99C Anti Material Sniper Rifle

No Caption Provided

M90 CAWS shotgun

No Caption Provided

M6S "Automag" personal sidearm

No Caption Provided

M9 Multipurpose Frags (4)

No Caption Provided

Mark VI Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor w/shields

No Caption Provided

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

I will admit, the ninjas will slow my team down..by 20 seconds at most. Grievous is by far the fastest person here even counting Norman and Phil on their gliders and he has the feats to show for it. He can VERY easily solo a few hundred Hand Ninjas especially considering they pose absolutely no threat to him or Master Chief.

While Grievous is indeed a very lethal combatant, and a force to be reckoned with, all of those feats were of combat speed. He can swing his arms at high speeds and attack many times in a second, which makes him a phenomenal duelist. But it doesn't mean he can run particularly fast and beat my Goblin Gliders to the bombs. I'm not as well-versed in Clone Wars-era Star Wars as I am in Post-RotJ continuity, but I've never seen anything hugely impressive for Grievous as far as travel speed. He's very dangerous and will absolutely trash all of the ninjas who come at him, but I've never seen anything to indicate he could outrun the Goblins.

Who also boasts considerable speed in his own right thanks to the Mjolnir armor. Both of these are taken from Fall of Reach.

So my plan is basically Grievous and John are gonna make a beeline straight to the bomb points with the General of course taking point and slicing and dicing a path for John and Leonard(who will be piggybacking it with cold field down of course) to sprint through.

55 KPH translates to around 35 miles per hour. The Goblin Gliders are supposedly able to travel around 90 miles per hour, well over twice Chief's running speed. Since John and Snart are following Grevious, they're limited to the maximum speed he can run at while fighting ninjas, which is, to the best of my knowledge, significantly slower than Master Chief's sprinting speed. My team can move faster and won't be slowed by the army of ninjas, (20 seconds isn't long, but it's still worth noting), so I'll have probably around 30 seconds to disarm the bombs before your team even reaches the building. Norman Osborne is a scientific genius, he'll be able to disarm bombs in moments. Daredevil has experience disarming explosives, and Elektra has lots of experience with bombs from her many years as an assassin. Trickster is good with tech and can probably disarm in a pinch. Urich and Heatwave are less likely to have success, but there are only four bombs, anyway.

Since they know of your team and what they can do(and of course Leonard's experience dealing with Heatwave and Trickster doesn't hurt either) they will be constantly alert of any flying maniacs and the minute they catch glimpse of them, Leonard starts blasting and Chief starts sniping So if you really are going to try and fly your way to the bomb locations in plain view(or not plain view, it doesn't matter as Chief's helmet should pinpoint your team's location regardless of any cloaking tech as it has done so to cloaked Elites), it's not gonna end well.

Has Master Chief ever shot people moving at 90 mph from half a mile away? How about when those people have bullet-timing reflexes? Cold's Cold Gun isn't usually used at long ranges. I can't think of a single instance of him firing it at the distance my team will be. And Heatwave can counteract his blasts, anyway, as he's done several times during various conflicts between the Rogues.

Also, Trickster's cloak was able to hide him and Piper from Deadshot, who has sensors in his mask.

Also as far as numbers go..200 ninjas is nothing compared to John who along with 3 other Spartans, took down a thousand grunts in a few minutes. And of course an army is nothing new to Grievous either. Really, either one could breeze through these armorless fodder with knifes. If they truly prove a significant hinderance for Grievous, he could easily scale the buildings using the magnetic clamps on his feet to avoid confrontation.

I don't expect them to hurt your team or even slow you down very long, but they'll still be enough to hold you up by dint of sheer numbers. Yes, any of your team could probably solo. But it would take time, and time is a luxury here. Also, you start at the red star, a significant distance away from any buildings. So Grievous will have to fight through ninjas just to get to a building to use.

I suppose I should post John's gear in the event that voters get the impression I'm pulling weapons out of my ass.

I have no issues with any of this gear, but at least in the game Chief can only carry two weapons at a time... :P

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@esquire said:

@juiceboks:

I will admit, the ninjas will slow my team down..by 20 seconds at most. Grievous is by far the fastest person here even counting Norman and Phil on their gliders and he has the feats to show for it. He can VERY easily solo a few hundred Hand Ninjas especially considering they pose absolutely no threat to him or Master Chief.

While Grievous is indeed a very lethal combatant, and a force to be reckoned with, all of those feats were of combat speed. He can swing his arms at high speeds and attack many times in a second, which makes him a phenomenal duelist. But it doesn't mean he can run particularly fast and beat my Goblin Gliders to the bombs. I'm not as well-versed in Clone Wars-era Star Wars as I am in Post-RotJ continuity, but I've never seen anything hugely impressive for Grievous as far as travel speed. He's very dangerous and will absolutely trash all of the ninjas who come at him, but I've never seen anything to indicate he could outrun the Goblins.

Who also boasts considerable speed in his own right thanks to the Mjolnir armor. Both of these are taken from Fall of Reach.

So my plan is basically Grievous and John are gonna make a beeline straight to the bomb points with the General of course taking point and slicing and dicing a path for John and Leonard(who will be piggybacking it with cold field down of course) to sprint through.

55 KPH translates to around 35 miles per hour. The Goblin Gliders are supposedly able to travel around 90 miles per hour, well over twice Chief's running speed. Since John and Snart are following Grevious, they're limited to the maximum speed he can run at while fighting ninjas, which is, to the best of my knowledge, significantly slower than Master Chief's sprinting speed. My team can move faster and won't be slowed by the army of ninjas, (20 seconds isn't long, but it's still worth noting), so I'll have probably around 30 seconds to disarm the bombs before your team even reaches the building. Norman Osborne is a scientific genius, he'll be able to disarm bombs in moments. Daredevil has experience disarming explosives, and Elektra has lots of experience with bombs from her many years as an assassin. Trickster is good with tech and can probably disarm in a pinch. Urich and Heatwave are less likely to have success, but there are only four bombs, anyway.

Since they know of your team and what they can do(and of course Leonard's experience dealing with Heatwave and Trickster doesn't hurt either) they will be constantly alert of any flying maniacs and the minute they catch glimpse of them, Leonard starts blasting and Chief starts sniping So if you really are going to try and fly your way to the bomb locations in plain view(or not plain view, it doesn't matter as Chief's helmet should pinpoint your team's location regardless of any cloaking tech as it has done so to cloaked Elites), it's not gonna end well.

Has Master Chief ever shot people moving at 90 mph from half a mile away? How about when those people have bullet-timing reflexes? Cold's Cold Gun isn't usually used at long ranges. I can't think of a single instance of him firing it at the distance my team will be. And Heatwave can counteract his blasts, anyway, as he's done several times during various conflicts between the Rogues.

Also, Trickster's cloak was able to hide him and Piper from Deadshot, who has sensors in his mask.

I don't expect them to hurt your team or even slow you down very long, but they'll still be enough to hold you up by dint of sheer numbers. Yes, any of your team could probably solo. But it would take time, and time is a luxury here. Also, you start at the red star, a significant distance away from any buildings. So Grievous will have to fight through ninjas just to get to a building to use.

I have no issues with any of this gear, but at least in the game Chief can only carry two weapons at a time... :P

There's no reason to suggest that Grievous can't match the Jedi's he duels in raw speed. He doesn't have that many travel speed feats because he usually doesn't have a need to run or sprint to get to places as Obi Wan, Mace and others do. That doesn't mean he's any slower than they are when it comes to sprinting or blitzing. He does in fact have this feat to show his travel speed. Credit goes to dccomicsrule2011 for it.

"Grievious moved so swiftly that he seemed to teleport from the window to half a meter in front of Gunray"

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

There's also other instances where he was seen as a blur to Jedi, but I can't seem to locate them atm.

Sure combat speed doesn't always equal travel speed, but he was cybernetically enhanced to be able to match(and in many cases surpass) Jedi in raw speed and he has done just that on multiple occasions.

55 KPH translates to around 35 miles per hour. The Goblin Gliders are supposedly able to travel around 90 miles per hour, well over twice Chief's running speed. Since John and Snart are following Grevious, they're limited to the maximum speed he can run at while fighting ninjas, which is, to the best of my knowledge, significantly slower than Master Chief's sprinting speed. My team can move faster and won't be slowed by the army of ninjas, (20 seconds isn't long, but it's still worth noting), so I'll have probably around 30 seconds to disarm the bombs before your team even reaches the building. Norman Osborne is a scientific genius, he'll be able to disarm bombs in moments. Daredevil has experience disarming explosives, and Elektra has lots of experience with bombs from her many years as an assassin. Trickster is good with tech and can probably disarm in a pinch. Urich and Heatwave are less likely to have success, but there are only four bombs, anyway

Oh no no no I apologize for not giving context for that instance. That's actually when John and the other Spartans had just got out of training ie. when John was 14. He's actually MUCH faster than that with his suit on that multiplies his physical abilities by a factor of 5.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And he has the feats to show for it. Like sprinting half a KM in 17 seconds with a torn achilles tendon.

No Caption Provided

If we do a little math, we find that a physically hampered Chief was booking it at about 1.75 KPM OR 105 KMH. however, under normal circumstances he should be able to sprint at 275 KPH or 175 mph. And that's just using his speed when he was only 14. The suit has adapted and grown with his physical abilities over the years and he should be much faster as a result. 90 mph is nothing to John.

As far as sniping goes, he has the reaction time and skills to pick Phil or Norman out of the air when they least expect it which of course they(nor Heatwave) will be, considering they have no idea who Chief is and what weapons he utilizes.

• 20 millisecond reaction time out of combat

Dr. Halsey pondered this new data. “They should not be performing so well. There must be unexplained synergistic effects brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?” “Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at twenty milliseconds,” Mendez replied. He shook his head, then added, “I believe it’s significantly faster in combat situations, when their adrenaline is pumping.” “Any physiological or mental instabilities?” “None. They work like no team I’ve ever seen before. Damn near telepathic, if you ask me. They were dropped in these caves yesterday, and I don’t know where they got black suits or the rope that for that maneuver, but I can guarantee they haven’t left this room. They improvise and improve and adapt. “And,” he added, “they like it. The tougher the challenge, the harder the fight . . . the better their morale becomes.” Dr. Halsey watched as the

- The Fall Of Reach

Shows how John's senses are so keen that he sees things in slow motion and is a blur to trained soldiers.

No Caption Provided

Snipes a good amount of Covenant forces with relative ease

No Caption Provided

With all that being said..again if 90 mph is the fastest gliders can fly(I believe it is to the best of my knowledge) then you are definitely not getting to the buildings before Chief and Grievous.

On a side note, Captain Cold is also pretty tech savvy so disarming bombs shouldn't be very daunting for him.

This ain't no game man! This is war! And in war you gotta be prepared :P

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@juiceboks has convinced me that his team has superior speed and firepower, I vote him

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Equire's team has mobility advantages all over the place....although Juiceboks's team could literally run or walk at the same pace without any hindrance due to the Cold Shield..mobility wins imo

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jokergeist

I vote for.....

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days All he has over my team is flight..while Grievous and MC kinda nullify that advantage with their speed and firepower. I didn't even mention the cold field as far using it to get to the bomb points.

@betatesthighlander1@dondave Thanks for the vote!

2-1 as it stands.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dondave
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@jokergeist By taking a minute to vote, you maid my day. Preciate it.

3-1

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i think both debaters have done very well and were both making some pretty good points but in the end esquire got my vote

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Eh, I think my team should win and I could have made a really solid debate, I just went on a hiatus a couple days into the debate and didn't make nearly enough of the points I could have. Juiceboks out-debated me through sheer thoroughness.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire said:

@cadencev2: Eh, I think my team should win and I could have made a really solid debate, I just went on a hiatus a couple days into the debate and didn't make nearly enough of the points I could have. Juiceboks out-debated me through sheer thoroughness.

Next time.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 juiceboks  Moderator

@esquire I wish we could have had a more thorough debate and it probably would've been awesome, but it is what it is. There will be other opportunities for you to whoop me :P

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Haha, not so sure that's what the outcome will be, but I look forward to our meeting in the future. Excellent job!

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@esquire Well we'll just have to see then :) Likewise good sir.