#101 Edited by Dredeuced (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: No problem I got my main 2 with plenty of established feats I just need a third wheel. I saw someone drop Gorgon but didn't see someone pick him up.

Gorgon is currently on Laflux's team.

#102 Edited by Strider92 (18044 posts) - - Show Bio
#103 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio
#104 Posted by Strider92 (18044 posts) - - Show Bio
#105 Posted by joewell (9668 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Edited by nickzambuto (19388 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto We might need a backup guy. You could easy put together a solid 3 man team at Street level if we cant get a last guy.

@esquire If no one else joins in the next few days, I can take the last spot.

Theme: Sunglasses ;D

-Revolver Ocelot

-Wesker

-Uh... someone else.

#107 Posted by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@nickzambuto We might need a backup guy. You could easy put together a solid 3 man team at Street level if we cant get a last guy.

@esquire If no one else joins in the next few days, I can take the last spot.

Theme: Sunglasses ;D

-Revolver Ocelot

-Wesker

-Uh... someone else.

Neo? Agent Smith? Blade? really what kind of Theme is that?!

#108 Posted by Strman123 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Team African America :P

3-D Man

Falcon

Black Lightning

(If one of these isn't allowed)

Luke Cage

Rocket

#109 Edited by laflux (21312 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the way this Tourney is shaping up :P

#110 Edited by Dextersinister (7753 posts) - - Show Bio

Team African America :P

3-D Man

Falcon

Black Lightning

(If one of these isn't allowed)

Luke Cage

Rocket

I tried for Lightning but he's too strong, just be aware that it won't be allowed because the theme has to be a power and not black power.

#111 Edited by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: New 52 Middy is perfect. As for Karate kid, the OP stated that it was to be nobody over Spiderman's speed. Karate kid has dodged lightning bolts, Spiderman has dodged lasers. He dodged electro's attacks 8/10 times in their encounters. He has dodged light-speed attacks from several duplicates of light master. Karate kid had one guy that he had to avoid.

#112 Posted by myrmidonhero (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed Superboy91 had Nightwing on his team. Is it alright that I have him as well, or should I sub-in Conan? Or better yet, can I sub in Ryu (street fighter series)?

#113 Posted by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@myrmidonhero: Nice catch. Ryu is a fine replacement.

@joewell No to Avatar State, but I'll put your additional gear in the OP.

@nickzambuto Sunglasses is not a superpower. (Barely.)

@strman123 I know some pretty cool black people, but being black isn't actually a superpower.

@calebhara Karate Kid literally ducked under a bolt of lightning even though he hadn't started moving yet when it was less than 10 feet away. Spider-Man was aim-dodging. Storm Shadow has dodged lasers, but he's not FTL or even close. Karate Kid has multiple feats of reacting to near-light attacks, not just dodging aim, moving after the attacks have launched.

#114 Posted by Dredeuced (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire But if he adds Blade it would be Sunglasses and trenchcoats! Also, I mean, both Ocelot and Wesker are pistol using dudes so the theme seems to fit.

#115 Posted by myrmidonhero (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Awesome. Glad I could help, and sub in Ryu. Can't wait to see the final roster for the tourney ^^.

#116 Edited by Sovereign91001 (5871 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Could you change Spider-Woman on my team to Spider-Girl (Mayday)?

#117 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (12492 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Blood Control

1:Hitara(Deadman Wonderland)

2:Azami(Deadman Wonderland)

3.Toto; Hagire - possessed (Deadman Wonderland)

#118 Posted by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio
#119 Edited by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Posted by Superboy91 (62 posts) - - Show Bio
#121 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

@vaeternus: @veitha If either of you come up with a legal team before @superboy91 says he wants his spot, then I'll let you have the last slot.

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk You're good to go.

I want my spot! I want my spot!

Has my team been taken? I hope to god not.

It's ok, I can't think of anything anyway lol the OP didn't like my elemental team lol but I can see his point, two of three of them are too powerful.

Anywho, if there's a still a spot open take mine dude.

#122 Edited by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@superboy91: Nah, you're the first team in the OP. Just wanted to make sure you were still around.

@dextersinister We need you to pick one more swordmaster to finish up your team.

@everyone: I'll start making matches probably later today, now that we've got 16 participants.

#123 Posted by joewell (9668 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Yay, i can't wait to see who i get paired up with

#124 Posted by joewell (9668 posts) - - Show Bio
#125 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (12492 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, sorry about this, but is it possible to switch Hitara with Shishito(also from Deadman Wonderland)? I misunderstood Hitara's power.

#126 Posted by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Shishito's poison lets him control the victim's senses, and illusion casting is outlawed as are all other forms of mind-messing.

@joewell Keep your shirt on. Some of us have lives to keep up with. :P

#127 Posted by Floopay (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: Take as long as you need. As much as I like debating, uploading all the images from my books is going to be a pain with the new image system. I miss the old copy/paste method, now I actually have to upload all these dang feats (which is a pain in other tournies, where I'm using like 20 page fight scenes).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#128 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (12492 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: It was more of a way to trick the nervous senses to feel the amount of pain that would be caused by what he wanted to simulate, it wasn't really an illusion. Besides the pain, it wasn't really controlling all the senses. And to even be affected by it you would need to be scratched by his blood-claws, which if the opponent is fast enough can avoid. And as seen in the manga it was overcome by Ganta, so someone with more stats should be able to cope with it, such as others i've seen in the rosters(such as wolverine, Spiderman-he should be able to avoid the claws-, and shikimaru through shadow-possession).

#129 Posted by Dextersinister (7753 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: I will probably be forced to use a character I know little about in regards to swordsmen because I am stumped on a third.

#130 Posted by Sherlock (7410 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#132 Edited by joewell (9668 posts) - - Show Bio
#133 Posted by Veitha (3986 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: this is my last possibility ;)

Mineral like guys:

-Mercury;

-Dust;

-Rockslide

If this goes against the rules than I'm going to leave my spot to someone else :)

#134 Edited by Dredeuced (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Rockslide's pseudo invulnerability makes him above the "can't take too many bullets" durability set, unless you categorize his nascent reconstruction as regen like Wolverine or something (I would not, I suppose it's Esquire's call).

#135 Posted by Sherlock (7410 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercury and dust are both above the durability limits as well.Both are nearly as invulnerable as characters like sandman and hydroman

#136 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5090 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this mean I can join(I am always late to these things for some reason XD)?

#137 Posted by Veitha (3986 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, I'm feeling a Bit stupid, I haven't remembered the durabilitty thing... I'll leave my spot and wait for an "above the street level" tournament lol(anyway both Dust and Mercury can be beaten using fire, air(soraya) or electricity(cessily))

#138 Edited by joewell (9668 posts) - - Show Bio
#139 Posted by Sherlock (7410 posts) - - Show Bio

I know they can be they can tank normal attacks for pretty much ever which is above the limit

#140 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5090 posts) - - Show Bio

My team: MMA(Magical Martial Artists):

Wildcat

Iron Fist

Orihime

#141 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5090 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#142 Posted by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk Owl is fine, but I'll let you have Shisito if you'd rather.

@veitha Rockslide is around an 80-tonner, and too durable imo. :/ I'll probably be doing a higher-level tournament after this one finishes, I hope to see you there!

@dextersinister I can't make your match until you come up with another character. :P

@joeagentofhand1 We already have 16 participants, I'm afraid.

#143 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (12492 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire Thanks for the change of mind, I'll take shisito.

#145 Edited by joeagentofhand1 (5090 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire: whoops. Well, chances are you will see me in that higher tier tourney

#146 Edited by Dredeuced (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

Question @esquire: The fight says no prep, but I assume my teammates, as well as anyone else's, are familiar with each other's abilities?

#147 Posted by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

Question @esquire: The fight says no prep, but I assume my teammates, as well as anyone else's, are familiar with each other's abilities?

As per the OP:

- There is no Prep Time. Both teams are aware of the situation and the names of their opponents, but are given no knowledge of their opponents. If characters have prior knowledge of one another, that can be used.

#148 Edited by Dredeuced (6228 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

@dredeuced said:

As per the OP:

- There is no Prep Time. Both teams are aware of the situation and the names of their opponents, but are given no knowledge of their opponents. If characters have prior knowledge of one another, that can be used.

Yes yes, I know that, I mean my teammates know each other's powers. As in, Alita, Mr Terrific, and Madison are aware of each other's basic capabilities because they are on the same team. Or is it a pure random encounter and they're compelled to fight together?

Apologies, I realize my wording is vague.

#149 Edited by Esquire (3960 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: Ah, gotcha. Sorry, I didn't think of that. We'll say that your characters know each other's histories and powers. I'll put that in the OP.

#150 Edited by Dextersinister (7753 posts) - - Show Bio

@esquire said:

@dredeuced: Ah, gotcha. Sorry, I didn't think of that. We'll say that your characters know each other's histories and powers. I'll put that in the OP.

I'll have to go with Nemesis from Wildstorm. How does equipment work out?