nickj54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nickj54

Ermac 

As aforementioned above, Ermac is not one person, but an entire collection of entities brought together in physical form through magic, courtesy of Shang Tsung and thus, refers to himself as a group instead of a singular. Because of this, Ermac possesses powers related to the soul, mostly used in the form of telekinesis, which allows him to manipulate every aspect of living and non-living objects with his mind. In addition, he is able to manipulate soul energy because of his composition, which he uses in the form of both levitation and firing projectile attacks. Ermac's one weakness is the Netherrealm itself. Since he is a being created by magic, his powers would decrease over time the longer he stays in that realm. However, that doesn't mean he'll be left powerless. His green Jewels that he wears on his costume introduced in MK:Deception and MK:Armageddon's storyline shows that they enhance his telekinetic ability and powers.

Sub Zero 

Having descended from a race of Outworld inhabitants known as Cryomancers, Sub-Zero has innate ability to control ice in many forms. Throughout the span of the series, Sub-Zero's powers have continued to evolve. Aside from flash-freezing opponents, Sub-Zero also has the ability to instantly conjure up an ice statue of himself to act as both a scapegoat and a 'landmine' of sorts as any who touch it instantly flash freeze. Due to the Dragon Medallion's addition to his arsenal, Sub-Zero's powers have increased significantly, now able to form weapons out of ice. Exactly how powerful he is storyline-wise unknown. His former ally Frost only knows how to make ice daggers, while Sub-Zero, due to the Dragon Medallion, can form a giant sword named the Kori Blade. He can even go as far as freeaze the moisture within the air into any form, even making it a misty type form, hinting that he freezes even molecules. Raiden has commented that Sub-Zero is more powerful that his brother. 

Reptile 

Reptile appears to take abilities from several reptilian creatures. As a Saurian, Reptile remains mostly human in appearance. However, like Scorpion, the mask and the skin behind it is a mere guise to his true lizard form. However, he appears to remove his mask more often than Scorpion. His saliva is compromised of powerful corrosive fluids that can easily burn right through steel, much like acid. He is also able to fire homing concussive blasts of energy. Reptile's distinguishing trait is his ability to render himself completely invisible. As revealed in one piece of art for Deadly Alliance, a Saurian's appearance is human for the most part. However, the longer they are separated from one another, the more their human guises degrade and vanish over time until their true forms are revealed. The change is more than skin deep as it also can affect the mind as well. Saurians who lose their disguises completely will begin to regress into primal fits of blind rage, attacking both friend and foe.      

Scorpion 

Being the vengeful spectre he is, Scorpion is most associated with the element of hellfire, a darker variant of the Earth-related fire element that burns and consumes both the body and soul of its victims. Scorpion only seems to use the element to confirm the death of his opponents. As a specter, Scorpion is immune to death as his soul is still bound by revenge, allowing him to endlessly chase his targets until they have been silenced. He has the ability to teleport, often used in the form of surprise or ambush attacks. In addition, Scorpion no longer has a face. The mask (and the skin behind it) is a disguise that hides his ghastly skull, from which he can spew forth lethal shots of hellfire. The scope of Scorpion's powers differ on how long he remains in his abode, the Netherrealm. This proves to be advantageous to him when he pursued Quan Chi in the depths of hell, whose magic is diminished by the power and nature of the realm. It is unknown how powerful Scorpion would have been had he'd stayed in the Netherrealm without the concern of chasing Sub-Zero, and later, Quan Chi.

Scorpion's most recurring weapon is the Spear, a kunai attached to a sturdy rope, representing Scorpion's "Stinger". At times, the spear would be empowered with hellfire for more power.     

Bat Family

Batman 
Nightwing 
Robin 
Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) 
Catwoman 
The Huntress 

The fight takes place in the Batcave, No Prep Time. 
Who wins.

nickj54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By nickj54

Please Comment
OpCharybdis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kombatant Kurbstomp.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MK wins.. have superpowers, little morality, very capable fighters

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion incinerates, Sub-Zero freezes, Reptile disintegrates and Ermac telekinetically rips arms off.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Cassandra Cain runs a train on them

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_red_viper  Moderator

Dude, please stop posting battles of some of MK's toughest warriors against powerless foes. It's like asking who would win in a swimming contest: Michael Phelps or Stephen Hawking?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion incinerates, Sub-Zero freezes, Reptile disintegrates and Ermac telekinetically rips arms off.

DraZah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude, please stop posting battles of some of MK's toughest warriors against powerless foes. It's like asking who would win in a swimming contest: Michael Phelps or Stephen Hawking?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scorpion alone can solo. The dude can't die and will just comeback.

Until team 2 gets slaughtered.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 slaughters.

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheReptile

Reptile solos....He can turn INVISIBLE

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed. Taking a train out of town is the only way she survives

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nick_hero22

@pooty said:

I'm sorry they have a cart already reserved for Ermac, Sub-Zero, and Reptile along with a bag of ice and a get well card.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pooty

@nick_hero22: sooooo.... do you just want to post pics or debate this?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nick_hero22

@pooty said:

I will be more than willing to actually debate and I will limit myself to Cassandra Cain and Batman in this debate since I'm more familiar with them, so I will wait until you present a case.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's no way the Bat-Family can win, unless Bruce has the Insider Suit and Boom Tube tech.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way the Bat-Family can win, unless Bruce has the Insider Suit and Boom Tube tech.

What are you talking about, Cassandra Cain or Batman could damn near solo this. I don't understand why people keep overestimating MK character's capabilities when there is very little evidence on-panel to support many claims that are being thrown around.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: Ermac's can attack without touching you. If you touch Sub Zero you freeze. Scorpian can't be killed.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@batman242 said:

What are you talking about, Cassandra Cain or Batman could damn near solo this. I don't understand why people keep overestimating MK character's capabilities when there is very little evidence on-panel to support many claims that are being thrown around.

What's stops any of them from being tossed around like rag dolls from Ermac?

They can dodge Sub-Zero's abilities to an extent, Reptile can cloak himself, although I see them depending on smoke, cryogenics or their hearing to detect him, and Scorpion can one-shot them all with teleporting abilities.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_red_viper  Moderator

@pooty said:

I will be more than willing to actually debate and I will limit myself to Cassandra Cain and Batman in this debate since I'm more familiar with them, so I will wait until you present a case.

The Bat-Family's got nothing more than martial arts and advanced tech. All four of those Kombatants are superior martial artists and have dealt with much worse than hi-tech toys (black magic included). Plus, they all have super powers (Scorpion can incinerate Batman with hellfire without even raising a finger, Reptile's acid spit can melt down metal, Sub can flash freeze, and Ermac can fly and has very strong telekinetic powers. And I havn't listed half of what those guys can do, the OP is very detailed). Even with prep, I highly doubt the Bat-Fam can pull it off, and they don't even have prep-time here. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's like a swimming contest between Michael Phelps and Stephen Hawking (Bat-Fam being Hawking of course).

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@opcharybdis said:

Kombatant Kurbstomp.

Agreed. The Bat Family be screwed

@pooty said:

LOL...if she's lucky. Don't forget Scorpion can teleport :)

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nick_hero22

@batman242 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@batman242 said:

What's stops any of them from being tossed around like rag dolls from Ermac?

They can dodge Sub-Zero's abilities to an extent, Reptile can cloak himself, although I see them depending on smoke, cryogenics or their hearing to detect him, and Scorpion can one-shot them all with teleporting abilities.

1) Ermac telekinesis hasn't give him any wins over anyone note-worthy, and as seen in the cutscenes of Mortal Kombat utilizing his telekinesis requires a degree of concentration and intricate hand movements in order to pull off. It's not a capability that he can instantaneously use and he hasn't been shown to be able to use it on moving targets. Ermac's hand-to-hand combat skills are even less impressive since Stryker was able to successfully defeat him despite being thrown down several stairs to a local subway station, and to top everything else off Stryker doesn't even have a extensive martial arts background. The only thing his bio references is him being a highly decorated SWAT member, but it never states that he has training outside of what he has been exposed during his law enforcement training. Both Cassandra Cain and Batman have the speed and skill necessary to close in the distance to neutralize Ermac before he is able to successfully lift them off the ground, and even if they don't decide to do that initially, they have projectiles like batarangs that can be used to break his focus by making him retreat back or they could simply cover their movements by utilizing smoke pellets.

2) Sub-Zero's ice manipulation isn't very potent based off what I have seen, he had to utilize a constant stream of ice over an extended period of time just to freeze Cyrax solid. His ice projectiles have been shown to be very slow and predictable over long distances. Neither Cassandra Cain nor Batman would have any trouble outmaneuvering any of his projectiles, and even if they were hit it is totally debatable if it would be sufficient enough to severely hinder their performance let alone freeze them. Sub-Zero combat skills might be much better than Ermac's, but he has showings like being easily apprehended by 3 no-named Lin Kuei cyborgs that make me question his capabilities as a fighter.

3) Scorpion has never used his teleportation during the mist of combat because it times for his body to be consumed by fire and smoke and his reappearance is quite predictable because it leaves the same trail of fire and smoke as when he vanishes, the only time he has actually ever used his teleportation was to travel over long distances such as between Earthrealm and the Netherrealm. Again, Scorpion might be a better fighter than Ermac, but he hasn't done anything on par with Cassandra Cain or Batman and he has some pretty embarrassing loses attached to his record such as being humiliated by Liu Kang with the aid of Quan Chi.

4) Reptile is a joke, several characters including Stryker have wrecked him before, so I don't see how he is relevant.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nick_hero22

@nick_hero22 said:

@pooty said:

The Bat-Family's got nothing more than martial arts and advanced tech. All four of those Kombatants are superior martial artists and have dealt with much worse than hi-tech toys (black magic included). Plus, they all have super powers (Scorpion can incinerate Batman with hellfire without even raising a finger, Reptile's acid spit can melt down metal, Sub can flash freeze, and Ermac can fly and has very strong telekinetic powers. And I havn't listed half of what those guys can do, the OP is very detailed). Even with prep, I highly doubt the Bat-Fam can pull it off, and they don't even have prep-time here. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's like a swimming contest between Michael Phelps and Stephen Hawking (Bat-Fam being Hawking of course).

I'm not even going to entertain this because this is nothing but conjecture, you couldn't post a single on-panel showing to substantiate this.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raising your hand is not a complicated movement. Ermac can use it in moving opponents. and he can use it repeatedly. Subzero doesn't have to use projectiles. if you hit him you freeze. Those two can win it

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Raising your hand is not a complicated movement. Ermac can use it in moving opponents. and he can use it repeatedly. Subzero doesn't have to use projectiles. if you hit him you freeze. Those two can win it

He didn't just raise his hand, he was moving them in a intricate pattern when he used his telekinesis on Stryker. When has he used it on moving targets? Yes, Sub-Zero can create ice projectiles. No, he cannot freeze someone on contact, if that was the case then Sonya Blade would have been frozen when she was whopping the Elder Sub-Zero's ass. Those four characters can't win it let alone those two.