User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks
Eragon
No Caption Provided
Lady Sif & Warriors Three
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Rules:

Standard gear for everyone. Eragon has his sword Brisingir (not zar'roc which is in the picture) and his bow made by the elf queen. Brisingr's jewels are full of magic reserves. He also has a shield and armor on. He does not have the belt of beloth the wise.

Eragon can use magic, but he can not use killing words. This is Eragon in the last book, but he has yet to acquire all of the lost dragon eggs and he has not learned the name of the ancient language. He has learned his own name in the ancient language if that means anything to anyone. He has finished his training with Oromis, and has also finished his training with Glaedr as an eldunari (dragon heart) in sword fighting, magic, and summoning objects.

Morals are on, and everyone is in character.

Win by BFR, KO, or Death.

Location: Fighters start on opposite corners of this small hill.
No Caption Provided

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Funsiized

...So no Eldunari? meh, he doesn't need them. 1 word and they're all flying into the air to be saphiras chew toy. or he could pressure the air around their heads making their eyes pop out of their skulls. could take them in single combat. they might overwhelm him together though. if he has Glaedr with him he stomps. the energy provided by him would make Eragon able to do almost any spell he wants. hell, he might even be able to replicate Angela's speed blitz feat. but that's grasping at straws.

Still, i don't think you realize the power of the Ancient Language and that's on top of Eragons Superhuman speed, reflexes and Abilities.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@funsiized: Morals are on for this. Eragon is definitely not against killing, he's probably killed thousands in his battles, but I don't know if he would go for an instant kill shot with magic in character unless he thought that Lady Sif and Warriors Three deserved to die (which I don't think he would) or if it was a last resort.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: Also, Saphira is not in this fight. You're right about Glaedr too, but he was not supposed to be in this fight. I didn't make it clear above. The only extra magic energy he has, other then his own pool from his body, is from the gem on brisingr.

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeathSamurai

lol i thought the OP said etrigan....i dont know nothin bout this dude

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady Sif is all that's needed, giving her Warriors Three puts the icing on the cake.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oceanmaster21

the team dominates

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: He has, and he will. Multiple times. and a side note. Please Clarify how much energy is in The gem in Brisingr's Pommel. A day? 2? cause its never really fully stocked. Brom put Energy in Aren for years and it could still get more.

@dark_cloud_ How so?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tparks

@funsiized said:

@tparks: He has, and he will. Multiple times. and a side note. Please Clarify how much energy is in The gem in Brisingr's Pommel. A day? 2? cause its never really fully stocked. Brom put Energy in Aren for years and it could still get more.

@dark_cloud_ How so?

I thought that was cut so it could hold a ton of energy. I suppose brisingir is somewhat similar. Anyways, to make it easy, he's been putting energy into it for 2 days.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tparks

@dark_cloud_ said:

Lady Sif is all that's needed, giving her Warriors Three puts the icing on the cake.

I would be surprised if Lady Sif could solo. I believe Arya would be very similar in physical abilities and fighting skills as Lady Sif, and after Eragon finished his training, he was a better sword fighter then her and a better magician. Also, I think if it was one on one, Eragon could take Lady SIf out with spells alone.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By beautifulrevery

@tparks said:

@dark_cloud_ said:

I would be surprised if Lady Sif could solo. I believe Arya would be very similar in physical abilities and fighting skills as Lady Sif, and after Eragon finished his training, he was a better sword fighter then her and a better magician. Also, I think if it was one on one, Eragon could take Lady SIf out with spells alone.

I don't think anyone in Eragon is in the strength/speed range of any Asgardian. Lady Sif is what? A 25 tonner? Not even the Elves come close to that. They'd probably be in the 2 ton range at their best. The only edge he has is magic and I feel he'd run out of energy before he got the chance to actually take them all out. Especially since Saphira isn't there to help him.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: 2 Days worth of energy is more than enough to Take one or 2 out. besides have any of these guys shown a resistance to tp? Don't for get every mage in Eragon is a Walking Telepath. and he is an exceptional one.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized: True but Eragon isn't just gonna TP someone who isn't a mage right off the bat. I don't know if they have any TP resistance but I do know if Eragon isn't facing a mage he won't just try and penetrate their minds from the start of the battle. 1 or 2 days worth of magic, what's he going to do with it? What spells does he have(killing words not allowed) that will allow him to take out Asgardian warriors in the 25-30 ton range with durability to boot? If he had the belt of Beloth the Wise filled as well as his jewel in Brisingr(or Saphira) I could see him maybe win a minority. But as it stands now I just don't see it happening. You can be the best swordsman in the world but if you can't pierce your enemies defense and they're 20+ times stronger than you with almost or around equal skill level then you have no chance of victory. Just like Eragon has now.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: What reasoning are you going on that Eragon is not going to use tp? He has used tp numerous times and almost always does, Yes even against non mage opponents. he would prob for wards. and when he found none could still suppresses them with his mind, as the shade did to them and Arya. he could, say, letta and sop them in their tracks. could direct the flow of air against them, or eh could blink them out of existence, like he did tot he eldunari so that he could travel with them. i get their durability is very high, never said it wasn't. but he had a variety of ways to take one or 2 out. particular lady Sif, However he would be hard pressed to deal with the rest. but i feel like brisingr could, in most cases, cut them seeing as it cuts through Dragon scales. he also has wards. could deflect their blows, though it would drain him a tad.

also i can get the Lady Sif, but the warriors 3 are 25 tonners? i honestly don't know. i could get 10-15

In the end i feel like Eragon can come out on top due to versatility due to magic, if you gave him the Eldunari and Saphira he would stomp. at that point he can "do anything he wants" as he said so himself.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:

@dark_cloud_ said:

I don't think anyone in Eragon is in the strength/speed range of any Asgardian. Lady Sif is what? A 25 tonner? Not even the Elves come close to that. They'd probably be in the 2 ton range at their best. The only edge he has is magic and I feel he'd run out of energy before he got the chance to actually take them all out. Especially since Saphira isn't there to help him.

I didn't realize Lady Sif was a 25 tonner. I always assumed she was somewhere around a 2-5 tonner. Eragon would definitely have to rely on magic more if this is the case.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

he would have to rely on magic.... his sword skills arent enough considering he is fighting four master warriors who are thousands of years older than he is and has skills with people like him. i do think his magic skills ( from what everyone is saying) is enough to put a hurting on them but if they close the gab then they win

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beautifulrevery

@funsiized: Again, he uses the TP mainly against mages in combat because otherwise it's quite an invasion of privacy. Now I said give him EITHER Saphira OR the belt. I said nothing about the eldunari. As of now he's outmatched especially since he's taking on all 3 of them. At the same time. He has no means to one shot any of them and he's going to get overwhelmed quickly. Also Saphira's scales aren't THAT durable. They can and have been cut by blades wielded by superhumans far weaker than any of the characters he's facing now.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Funsiized

@beautifulrevery: And i also say again, this is a fight, he has has used magic and tp on non mages mutiple times. Invasive? this is a battle maybe if they were sitting down for a drink he wouldn't touch their minds, but this is a battle. So he CAN and WILL use tp.

Once again. he could Blink one or 2 of them out of existence, say letta and mind rape the other 2. All he needs is 1 or 2 seconds. it doesn't matter how much stronger or older they are if they never touch him.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By robertloucksjr

Sif and Fandral are 30 tonners and Volstagg and Hogun and 35 tonners supposedly. All of them have superhuman quickness (should be above Captain America), a healing factor, and are 3 times as dense as a human. I don't know about TP/magic resistance. I would think they would be way above a human in that regard as they would face such things way more often than humans and natural selection is very efficient.

Sif can also use her magic sword to teleport.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is a small list of spells used in the inheritance cycle - spells. I thought it would be a good idea to add to this since it looks like Eragon's best chance of winning will be with spells. Those are not the only spells available to Eragon though. He can make just about anything happen if he is creative with the ancient language (except for the 12 killing words that are not allowed in this fight). The more complex the spell it is, the more it will drain him and can even kill him if it drains him too much. I wanted to give a general idea of Eragon's magic to those less familiar with it.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: And i also say again, this is a fight, he has has used magic and tp on non mages mutiple times. Invasive? this is a battle maybe if they were sitting down for a drink he wouldn't touch their minds, but this is a battle. So he CAN and WILL use tp.

Once again. he could Blink one or 2 of them out of existence, say letta and mind rape the other 2. All he needs is 1 or 2 seconds. it doesn't matter how much stronger or older they are if they never touch him.

Blink them out of existence? Now you're SERIOUSLY fanwanking. The ONLY conceivable way he'd be able to do that is with the support of Saphira and the eldunari. Which he doesn't have here. Eragon doesn't AND I REPEAT DOES NOT use his TP against soldiers on the battlefield. Only the mages and other dragon riders. He does have a moral compass even if he's in the heat of battle. How long has it been since you've read the books? This is in character, as such he WON'T use TP right off the bat. Eragon being who he is will engage them in swordplay from the start and he WILL get killed. He has no knowledge that they're multiple times stronger than him and as such he will get killed/incapacitated quickly.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized said:

Blink them out of existence? Now you're SERIOUSLY fanwanking. The ONLY conceivable way he'd be able to do that is with the support of Saphira and the eldunari. Which he doesn't have here. Eragon doesn't AND I REPEAT DOES NOT use his TP against soldiers on the battlefield. Only the mages and other dragon riders. He does have a moral compass even if he's in the heat of battle. How long has it been since you've read the books? This is in character, as such he WON'T use TP right off the bat. Eragon being who he is will engage them in swordplay from the start and he WILL get killed. He has no knowledge that they're multiple times stronger than him and as such he will get killed/incapacitated quickly.

your probably right.

but what does not using telepathy on soldiers have to do with morals?

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By beautifulrevery

@hyperlight: Eragon doesn't use his TP unless he absolutely has to like against other dragon riders or against mages. Considering this is in character he won't use it against Sif and the Warriors 3 right off and that will inevitably be his downfall. He'll get overwhelmed not to mention how much stronger and skilled they are than him.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: i totally agree.... i just dont get how using TP right off the bat is a bad thing

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: The way Bron trained him as well as Oromis/Glaedr was that while it's a powerful tool it is invasive and a terrible breach of privacy. The most he uses it for is detecting the spark of life around him normally. Eragon has also NEVER started off by using TP unless against a mage or the like

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hyperlight