No Caption Provided
acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By acer51

Eragon is no match for the Dovakins ability, Eragon only has a chance if he gets his Dragon.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Dragonborn stomps my dragonborn stomps even harder

sage1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sage1000

Eragon as of post Inheritance should stand a chance.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ferro Vida

So... Does Dovahkiin just have every skill tree fully upgraded, or what?

Avatar image for active_adaptation
Active_Adaptation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Active_Adaptation

Need more info.

Avatar image for xxninjaassassin8972xx
xXNinjaAssassin8972Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes considering Dovahkiin is almost no match without his upgrades, yes.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ferro Vida

@xXNinjaAssassin8972Xx said:

Yes considering Dovahkiin is almost no match without his upgrades, yes.

He doesn't even need to use a shout. He destroys Eragon with destruction magic. Or crouches down and suddenly disappears, then impales Eragon with a dagger. Or he just talks to Eragon and convinces the poor, dumb dragon rider to kill himself.

Avatar image for xxninjaassassin8972xx
xXNinjaAssassin8972Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

True, but what form of upgrades, just shout? Or everything but Shout?

...Why I am asking questions on my own Battle, I don't know...

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida

Tell you what: why don't you choose five skill trees that the Dovahkiin can be fully upgraded in. Then you can just say he has all the shouts at his disposal.

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By beautifulrevery

Is this movie version?(if so horrible mismatch) or is it most recent book version? If so I'm inclined to say that Eragon can take it. The first thing he does is invade your mind and screw with it until he gets an opening to wipe you off the face of the planet with a word. Unless of course Dovahkin has really strong TP resistance which I don't think he does but I could be wrong.(I don't have skyrim but I have played it)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida

@beautifulrevery: There's nothing to suggest that he does. That said, the picture is from the movie.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery: There's nothing to suggest that he does. That said, the picture is from the movie.

I realize it's from the movie however that's a murderously bad mismatch lol. At least with the book version we have quite a battle on our hands with or without TP.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ferro Vida

@beautifulrevery: With TP would still potentially be a bit of a stomp :p

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery: With TP would still potentially be a bit of a stomp :p

The OP can remove the TP then and it'll still be a great battle since they'd be pretty evenly matched without it IMO

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ferro Vida

@beautifulrevery: Again, it depends on what skill trees Dovahkiin has

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery: Again, it depends on what skill trees Dovahkiin has

I would think that for whatever skill tree Dovahkin is using Eragon will have a counter in the ancient language(he's memorized QUITE a bit of it as well as the name of the language itself) along with his swordplay, speed, and strength being far greater than that of a normal human matching the elves. The faster/stronger/more stamina than the finest human athlete definitely applies here. His wards will also keep him alive for quite a bit as well

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ferro Vida

@beautifulrevery: Just trust me on this, if you know how to upgrade a character you can make your Dragonborn ridiculously OP

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery: Just trust me on this, if you know how to upgrade a character you can make your Dragonborn ridiculously OP

Oh I know(I seen some things in my day) but you don't know how ridiculously OP Eragon is at the end of the Inheritance cycle. He's probably the most powerful person in the lands after he beat Galbatorix with Murtagh probably trailing behind only somewhat weaker.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ferro Vida

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Oh I know(I seen some things in my day) but you don't know how ridiculously OP Eragon is at the end of the Inheritance cycle. He's probably the most powerful person in the lands after he beat Galbatorix with Murtagh probably trailing behind only somewhat weaker.

Oh, I do. I followed the series quite intently. But a stealth-focused Dragonborn can disappear right before your eyes and remain completely undetectable even to magic.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ferro Vida said:

Oh, I do. I followed the series quite intently. But a stealth-focused Dragonborn can disappear right before your eyes and remain completely undetectable even to magic.

Ah but what if Eragon senses his life energy as he is quite able to, I'm pretty sure his invisibility isn't going to help him with that.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pope052

Assuming that they are both at their highest possible power, Dovahkiin's weakest attack/shout would end Eragon.....

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ferro Vida

@beautifulrevery: I'm making a joke about a game mechanic. If you get your sneak up high enough people literally can't see you when you crouch down, even if you are right in front of them. It isn't invisibility.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery: I'm making a joke about a game mechanic. If you get your sneak up high enough people literally can't see you when you crouch down, even if you are right in front of them. It isn't invisibility.

I definitely thought you meant the invisibility power that was in Oblivion. I didn't play Skyrim long enough to know if they have it in there but they probably do lol

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sethlol

Dovah should win this.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ferro Vida

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I definitely thought you meant the invisibility power that was in Oblivion. I didn't play Skyrim long enough to know if they have it in there but they probably do lol

They do, but I was talking about the sneak skill :p

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ferro Vida said:

GLITCHES EVERYWHERE

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ferro Vida

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ferro Vida said:

GLITCHES EVERYWHERE

It's not a glitch. It's a feature.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By KingOfAsh

DOVAHKIN WINS SO MUCH THAT I HAVE TO SHOUT IT

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Ferro Vida said:

GLITCHES EVERYWHERE

It's not a glitch. It's a feature.

I'd think it'd be a glitch if you can crouch and walk up right in front of them without being seen. That's utterly ridiculous. Darn you Bethesda...

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

My Dragonborn just got out of Cidna mine, he shanks Eragorn with a shiv and plants skooma on the body.......

But really, almost any form of Dovahkiin with all perks raised even if divided amongst the three major classes is overkill. A combat Dovah can weather magic and sword with all shield perks and one shot Eragorn with extreme speed ease and accuracy with a bow, not to mention the full combat class has the highest reaction speed out of all the classes. Magic Dovah has way too much magic to use, way too much powerful magic, it isn't even worth going into detail, it just isn't. Stealth Dovah can one shot anything with a dagger and is basically a super ninja with potions of mass destruction, just sneak by and drop a poison in your pocket and bam its over. They are all over kill and the shouts make you a low level time manipulator, a strong atmokinetic, a ghost, telepath, a life energy absorber, a soul sucker a speedster, a full on Dragon Master etc.....too over powered

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Xanni15

Who is Dovahkiin and what are his feats?

At first glance, like someone else said if it is movie Eragon it's a stomp against him, if it is book Eragon then he stomps.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Xanni15 said:

At first glance, like someone else said if it is movie Eragon it's a stomp against him, if it is book Eragon then he stomps.

Dovahkiin is a man dragon, he has the power to speak the tongue of dragons fluently and hunts dragons for a their souls. He is often depicted as a Nord male in his late 20s to early 30s, wearing low grade armor, wielding a low grade weapon. By the end of the game if he has completed all the missions, he's a master of combat, magic and stealth, thane of all kingdoms, Champion of the Daedric Lords, Agent of the Nine Divines, Arch Mage of Winterhold, Harbringer of the Companions, Thieves Guild Master, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, a War Hero, Vampire Hunter and Yismir "Dragon of the North".

Those aren't really feats, but when put into perspective of who he's dealing with, it says a lot. He can summon multiple elemental beings/armor/weapons, raise the dead, create tornadoes, blizzards, thunderstorms storms, clear the sky afterwards, freeze his opponents solid, burn them to a crisp, dissolve them to ash with arcs of lightning, slow time to a crawl, he has crazy reaction time when in close quarters combat and when firing arrows, become intangible, call dragons to his aid, turn invisible, he's a magical telepath and telekinetic, he can curse his opponents (average human lasts 3 mins or less), he can throw his voice to distract his opponents, he can heal himself and others on the fly (he even has a healing factor), can harden his skin by magically altering his molecular structure to the density of Oak, Stone, Iron, Ebony, and Dragon Scales, he can transmute matter to turn Iron into Silver and Silver into Gold, he can absorb energy, magic, life force, souls, paralyze people, dash at super speeds, increase his combat speed etc.... other dragon shouts include making spectral clones, meteor showers, raise dragons from the dead, and open a dimensional portal between Nirn (earth) and Sovngarde (Valhalla) .....

Those kind of are feats, pretty legit ones. End of Game Dovahkiin is a force to be reckoned with....Eragon would be hardpressed to beat Dovakiin with less than 1/3 of his full power, let alone with dragon shouts.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Xanni15 said:

Dovahkiin is a man dragon, he has the power to speak the tongue of dragons fluently and hunts dragons for a their souls. He is often depicted as a Nord male in his late 20s to early 30s, wearing low grade armor, wielding a low grade weapon. By the end of the game if he has completed all the missions, he's a master of combat, magic and stealth, thane of all kingdoms, Champion of the Daedric Lords, Agent of the Nine Divines, Arch Mage of Winterhold, Harbringer of the Companions, Thieves Guild Master, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, a War Hero, Vampire Hunter and Yismir "Dragon of the North".

Those aren't really feats, but when put into perspective of who he's dealing with, it says a lot. He can summon multiple elemental beings/armor/weapons, raise the dead, create tornadoes, blizzards, thunderstorms storms, clear the sky afterwards, freeze his opponents solid, burn them to a crisp, dissolve them to ash with arcs of lightning, slow time to a crawl, he has crazy reaction time when in close quarters combat and when firing arrows, become intangible, call dragons to his aid, turn invisible, he's a magical telepath and telekinetic, he can curse his opponents (average human lasts 3 mins or less), he can throw his voice to distract his opponents, he can heal himself and others on the fly (he even has a healing factor), can harden his skin by magically altering his molecular structure to the density of Oak, Stone, Iron, Ebony, and Dragon Scales, he can transmute matter to turn Iron into Silver and Silver into Gold, he can absorb energy, magic, life force, souls, paralyze people, dash at super speeds, increase his combat speed etc.... other dragon shouts include making spectral clones, meteor showers, raise dragons from the dead, and open a dimensional portal between Nirn (earth) and Sovngarde (Valhalla) .....

Those kind of are feats, pretty legit ones. End of Game Dovahkiin is a force to be reckoned with....Eragon would be hardpressed to beat Dovakiin with less than 1/3 of his full power, let alone with dragon shouts.

^ Made my night

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Ferro Vida: I try :)

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ferro Vida

@Ancient_0f_Days: I know ;p

anth895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By anth895

Does Dovahkin have TP resistance? Eragon could search his mind and discover his true name and force him to kill himself. He also has the name of names in the last book. That is the name of all magic in the series. He could say it and obliterate Dovahkin.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dextersinister

@ancient_0f_days: I'm going to copy this for future use. Of course I will add a tag including the original authors name.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anth895 said:

Does Dovahkin have TP resistance? Eragon could search his mind and discover his true name and force him to kill himself. He also has the name of names in the last book. That is the name of all magic in the series. He could say it and obliterate Dovahkin.

We're assuming no TP resistance because otherwise it's a stomp

Eragon said Murtagh was > Eragon.

Murtagh has ALWAYS been > Eragon.

Did Eragon discover the Name of Names?

Nope.

Did Eragon nearly kill Murtagh but had to be stopped at a word from Galbatorix?

Nope.

Did Eragon solo the entire Varden on numerous occasions?

Nope.

As powerful as his wards COULD BE (for ex Galbatorix could tank a mountain falling on him according to Blodhgarm) he hasn't shown them to be that powerful.

The Name of Names would prevent Dovahkiin from using anything but regular magic.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anth895: There's another thread on this, and it's been done. Dovahkiin vs. Eragon and Saphira.

Only difference is this one doesn't limit the Dragonborn. Which means Eragon is suffering levels of Screwed that haven't been seen since Thanos got the Heart of the Universe.

Eragon gets slaughtered. Insta-Death doesn't work on the Last Dragonborn, and there are so many different ways to make yourself impervious to magic that it's not funny. And he does have TP resistance and such as Miraak could not dominate him, even though Miraak had gained control of nearly every living soul on Solstheim. And being a Master of Illusion also gives the Dovahkiin numerous ways of manipulating others, on top of his "Bend Will" shout, which subjugates both Man and Dragon to his will.

Nvm that the source of magic between the two series is widely different, and that the Dovahkiin's Fate is protected by outside forces by becoming Champion to both the Aedra and Daedra. The sheer scale of powers as seen in TES lore puts Eragon to utter shame.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anth895 said:

We're assuming no TP resistance because otherwise it's a stomp

@beautifulrevery said:

Eragon said Murtagh was > Eragon.

Murtagh has ALWAYS been > Eragon.

Did Eragon discover the Name of Names?

Nope.

Did Eragon nearly kill Murtagh but had to be stopped at a word from Galbatorix?

Nope.

Did Eragon solo the entire Varden on numerous occasions?

Nope.

As powerful as his wards COULD BE (for ex Galbatorix could tank a mountain falling on him according to Blodhgarm) he hasn't shown them to be that powerful.

The Name of Names would prevent Dovahkiin from using anything but regular magic.

Yes Murtagh has always been better than Eragon...until the end.

Does Murtagh have access to the Eldunari?

No but Eragon does.

Does Murtagh know and actively use the name of names?

No, but Eragon does.

Eragon has access to a multitude of power from the eldunari as well as the power to screw with the fundamentals of his world through the name of names. He is THE most powerful being in the known Eragon universe currently. There is no debate there. Murtagh isn't up there with him anymore.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but Eragon does.

No, but Eragon does.

Eragon has access to a multitude of power from the eldunari as well as the power to screw with the fundamentals of his world through the name of names. He is THE most powerful being in the known Eragon universe currently. There is no debate there. Murtagh isn't up there with him anymore.

Eragon kept all the Eldunari with Arya when he left, lawl.

And Murtagh DISCOVERED the Name of Names. ??? Eragon only knows it because Murtagh told it to him! XD

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By beautifulrevery

@beautifulrevery said:

No but Eragon does.

No, but Eragon does.

Eragon kept all the Eldunari with Arya when he left, lawl.

And Murtagh DISCOVERED the Name of Names. ??? Eragon only knows it because Murtagh told it to him! XD

Yes, BUT I said he regularly USES it. Reading comprehension is important.

Eragon took some Eldunari with him when he took the dragon eggs. Lawl. >.>

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery:

You said 'know and regularly use' and then said no. Meaning Murtagh doesn't know it OR regularly use it.

And since when did Eragon regularly use the Name of Names?

Murtagh has some Eldunari, too.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery:

You said 'know and regularly use' and then said no. Meaning Murtagh doesn't know it OR regularly use it.

And since when did Eragon regularly use the Name of Names?

Murtagh has some Eldunari, too.

He's been using it to fix all of Galbatorix's crap. "Know and regularly use" means a combination of both has to be done in order for him to meet the requirements. He only meets the requirement for know. If I had said or then you would have been correct but I said AND. Reading comprehension.

Murtagh doesn't have any Eldunari. He's by himself with Thorn travelling their world.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_red_viper  Moderator

Eragon can literally think people to death. Given that the OP didn't say anything about gear, we can assume Eragon has his standard gear at the very least. Which includes Glaedr's Eldunari. So Eragon mindrapes Dovahkiin in a second.

Eragon can also use one of his deathwords.

Eragon can silence Dovahkiin with Letta (no shouts bchz).

Eragon can snap Dovahkiin's neck with Jierda.

Eragon can use "The Name" that gives him control on all magic, so no more magic OR shouts for Dovahkiin, which means Dovahkiin can only use melee/bows now. Eragon is clearly faster, stronger and more skilled, and not to mention that Dovahkiin ain't getting past Eragon's words.

Eragon wins due to sheer beastlyness. The OP should've nerfed him, Dovahkiin has NOTHING against him.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Wouldn't work. Given that Dovahkiin draws his power from an entirely different and separate source, it wouldn't fall under "The Name's" scope of influence. Dragonborn are also granted their power by Kynareth and Akatosh, two of the eight Divines responsible for the creation of the universe, and as the Graybeards have said it; "The very bones of the earth are yours to command."

As I've noted on the other thread, the Dragonborn can have a host of passive resistances and magical absorption. Which means the bulk of any magic Eragon tries will either not work, be absorbed, or at most make his nose slightly itchy. And then if we add in Enchantments, well then he just becomes flat out Immune to magic.

Then what's Eragon gonna do? Make Saphira nip at him? Please. Dovahkiin snaps the necks of dragons before breakfast in the morning, garrotes it and uses its blood instead of cream in his morning coffee.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:

I'll go with the Dovahkiin on this one.

And speaking of Skyrim...guess I'll pimp my custom race mod out while I'm here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24397

Looks nice. Though nexusmods has been kinda iffy the last few weeks. Been working on and off for a good while now. Half the time getting 403 "Bad Host" errors