Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheVivas

Eragon from the Inheritance series.

Nazgul from LOTR.

Rules:

• Eragon has standard gear, but no Eldunari or Saphira.
  • Nazgul have standard gear.
  • Brisingr can hurt the Nazgul.
  • No use us Death Words for Eragon.
  • Nazgul have full knowledge of Eragon, but Eragon has no knowledge of them.
  • Morals on, but determined to win.
  • Fight takes place at Dol Guldur around 6 p.m.
  • Start 30 feet apart.
  • Novel and movie feats allowed for Nazgul.

Round 1

• vs 5 Nazgul

Round 2

• vs remaining 4 Nazgul with no rest after first Round

Round 3

• vs Witch King.
  • No rest from the previous round.

Respect thread for Eragon:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/thevivas/blog/eragon-shadeslayer-respect-thread-completed-4-15-1/103365/

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: How difficult would it be though? Are the Nazgul a good opponent?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Clears but with incredible difficulty

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Would it make it more interesting if I didn't give any rest between Rounds 2 and 3?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheVivas

@leo-343 said:

@thevivas said:

@leo-343: Would it make it more interesting if I didn't give any rest between Rounds 2 and 3?

Yes, although I'd still back him, he does have superhuman stamina.

True....alright, changing OP now. Lol

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears but with incredible difficulty

Was this answer for the old OP or the new one? (new one has no rest between rounds)

Avatar image for no_one_expects_the_silver_surf
No_one_expects_the_Silver_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooo this isnso hard for me. I love both these book series so much, i have a question, is this the witch king from the books who held his own against Gandalf? If so i think the nine take this

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: witch king died to one loser, he sucks

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheVivas
Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: The new one, that is the reason he has difficulty, he is spending his strength as mana so with rest i dont think he would have trouble at all. This way it is a tight fight once he gets to the round 3 but i think he could pull ahead thanks to wards and incredible stats as long as he doesnt spend too much energy on nazgul.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@no_one_expects_the_silver_surf: The Witch King did never hold his own against Gandalf in the books. He ran way from him twice (once from Gandalf the Grey, once from Gandalf the White).

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there ever any instance of a Nazgul dying besides the Witch King? I'm not sure they can be defeated

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By leito

@batbro15 said:

Is there ever any instance of a Nazgul dying besides the Witch King? I'm not sure they can be defeated

The 8 remaining Nazgul died when Sauron was defeated at the end of the War of the Ring. But considering that the mightiest of them was killed by a Hobbit and a Rohirrim female warrior (ans seeing how easily scared they are), we can assume they are perfectly killable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leito: yeah but when it was Gtw he fought him for a little while on the wall, then left before either really landed a blow

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eragon clears. To my knowledge, the Nazgul don't fight with the speed or strength of elves, and seeing as how Brisingr can burst into flames...

On top of that, Eragon has wards and self-healing magic. The Nazgul do not.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eragon should really have no problem with all nine of them. He's physically superior, much more skilled, and his magical abilities are not only much more powerful, but much more combat oriented.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@no_one_expects_the_silver_surf: we were talking "book versions". The added scene where the Witch King breaks Gandalf's staff should never have been shot, let alone included in the movie...

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eragon dies at the third round. He is a man and man cannot beat Witch-King.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrUnsmiley

@penderor said:

If a woman can kill the Witch-King, I'm pretty sure a half-elf/half-human can kill the Witch-King. He's technically not fully human as of Eldest, and he's also technically part dragon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leito: not talking about that, in the book he fights gandalf, he doesnt brak his staff but they do fight

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@no_one_expects_the_silver_surf: No, they don't. When the Witch King enters Minas Tirith, Gandalf the White confronts him, mounted on Shadowfax. They exchange a few phrases, the Witch King tries to impress Gandalf by showing his flaming sword... and leaves when the Rohirrim arrive.

The Witch King and other Nazguls attacked Gandalf the Grey on Weathertop at night time without being able to defeat him. The were too scared to face him during the day and fled in front of him...

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

If a woman can kill the Witch-King, I'm pretty sure a half-elf/half-human can kill the Witch-King. He's technically not fully human as of Eldest, and he's also technically part dragon.

What a bullshit? What is he? Some sort of mutation of Frankenstein monster? He is dragon, elf, man, dragon, zombie, orc etc etc etc ? I am not going to debate on such ridiculous character then lol.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nasgul stomp. Eragon cannot effect their minds as they are controlled by Sauron who would destroy eragon in any fight. Eragon cannot take five near superhumans at once

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: The Nazgul are barely superhuman: a woman and a hobbit killed the most powerful one and they were relatively untrained. Eragon, in comparison, was a master swordsman by age 15 and regularly spars with warriors as strong and talented as he is. On top of that, the Nazgul have no wards that protect them from magic. All Eragon has to do is say the word and they all get set on fire, or frozen in place.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette: Good thing he's not "near superhuman" but actually superhuman.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: I'm completely aware. But lore instead of movie Nazgul. Just win. Shadow magic combined with ethereal forms. Not to mention the scream eragon would have to set up his wards before hand.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noah_ouellette:

with ethereal forms

They're not in ghost form like in The Battle of Five Armies.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RandomSid82

Eragon stomps. He is massively more skilled than them, has much higher physicals and has more powerful magic. Eragon does not need to Eldunari as he can simply use the ability taught to him by Oromis of taking power from the living beings around him.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eragon stomps. He is massively more skilled than them, has much higher physicals and has more powerful magic. Eragon does not need to Eldunari as he can simply use the ability taught to him by Oromis of taking power from the living beings around him.

I agree with you for the majority, but the location of the fight is in Dol Guldur, which is a dungeon in Mordor. There won't be much of anything for Eragon to draw on, not that he'll be too dependent on magic.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he isnt beating the witch king.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he isnt beating the witch king.

Why not? We've already stated why, and the restriction on "no man can defeat him" wouldn't apply, as Eragon is part elf and part dragon.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley "no man" means male, being half elf or dragon dont mean squat if you still have a male genitalia.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eragon clears without much difficulty, the Nazguls were a little clumsy from what I remember, the versatility is against them.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley "no man" means male, being half elf or dragon dont mean squat if you still have a male genitalia.

Except that you don't know the context of the situation. The sword Merry used was magic and managed to sever Sauron's magic. It's not because Eowyn wasn't a man, it was because no regular man-made sword would be able to wound the Nazgul as long as they were protected by Sauron's magic.

Failing that, nothing's stopping Eragon from using magic.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley no where that ive seen has it said her sword was enchanted. Merry wielded a dunedain dagger thats why he was able to strike the witch king and damage him. The dagger had enchantments that were deadly to the witch king, how are you certain any of his magic would be the type that would effect him?

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley no where that ive seen has it said her sword was enchanted. Merry wielded a dunedain dagger thats why he was able to strike the witch king and damage him. The dagger had enchantments that were deadly to the witch king, how are you certain any of his magic would be the type that would effect him?

I never said that Eowyn's sword was enchanted, only Merry's. The only thing that is keeping the Witch King safe is Sauron's magic. What does Eragon have at his disposal? Not only the means to detect spells and counter them, but the name of magic, which allows him to disable any spell he comes across.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley He got the power to take on magic as powerful as Sauron?

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley He got the power to take on magic as powerful as Sauron?

It's not a matter of power: the Name of the Ancient Language simply allows the user to manipulate spells as they see fit.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley lol that is OP. Guess now the only way i see him beating witch king is if his ancient language thingy would work in LOTR universe, like IG in DC wouldnt work and so on and so forth. But if it does then i agree with you eragorn should be able to pull out a victory. If its ghost form of nazgul though, from the hobbit then Nazgul gonna go beast mode on ya boy.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it doesn't. Man is a human term, it doesn't apply to other races.

@randomsid said:

I agree with you for the majority, but the location of the fight is in Dol Guldur, which is a dungeon in Mordor. There won't be much of anything for Eragon to draw on, not that he'll be too dependent on magic.

And that may be, but as is one of the key teachings of Oromis, every place has some life. That was one of the reasons he was told to meditate for so long and so many times until he could sense EVERYTHING that was alive there. Even Bacteria.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: For the sake of debate, I'm going to say he can't use the Name of names.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid Then why didnt any elf kill him? Man meaning male, which is for every race, unless its a species that can change gender.

@thevivas if i was wide awake id continues debate with him, but im a little tired.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tparks

I just don't understand how anyone can make a case for the Nazgul. They never faced anyone even remotely as skilled or as magically gifted as Eragon. Saying that just because he's a man, means he can't win, is a no limits fallacy. If Superman decided to kill the Nazgul, I'm confident they'd be dead, regardless of his having a penis.