#1 Edited by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to list a bunch of couples dating in Marvel Universe. Each couple is completely bloodlusted and out to kill each other team. Rank each of the teams from top to bottom in terms of who would win and who would die easiest.  

All characters are 100% CURRENT powersets (if they're dead, then the very last powerset they had), it doesn't matter when the characters specifically dated.

• Cyclops + Emma
  • Archangel + Psylocke
  • Rogue + Gambit
  • Colossus + Shadowcat
  • Havok + Polaris
  • Multiple Man + Siryn
  • Cable + Domino
OK! Battle on! 
#2 Posted by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Edited by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Cyclops & Shadowcat date?

#4 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume you meant Colossus and Shadowcat. Here's the top 3: 

1. Cyclops + Emma 
2. Archangel + Psylocke 
3. Havok + Polaris 

#5 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dernman said:
When did Cyclops & Shadowcat date?
i think he might be referring to Colossus.. 
#6 Posted by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah your right.

Anyway I would say Cyclops + Emma.

#7 Posted by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio
Here's my order, and how I justify it.

1. Havok + Polaris   - At the top, because I feel like they can produce way too much power, very fast. It's just too much overwhelming energy to fight against. I don't think even the telepaths can stop it in time.
  2. Archangel + Psylocke  - Honestly, Domino might edge out a win over Emma, but I think Psylocke would be too much. She's too deadly, and Archangel could just speedblitz everyone below this level and slice everyone into a million pieces, while Psylocke rains ninja hell down on them.
  3. Cable + Domino - I think the combined might of Cable's strategy, experience, and skill...... with Domino's penchant for making EVERY team she's on win... means they can take down Cyclops + Emma. With a bolt of lightning even, as Domino once did to a Sentinel.
  4. Cyclops + Emma  - Emma can psychically control everyone below this tier, making it easy for a win.
  5. Colossus + Shadowcat - As a team they physically outmatch everyone below, and no one can touch Shadowcat unless she wants them to. She can pull them down into the Earth and Colossus steps on all of their heads
  6. Rogue + Gambit - Rogue only needs to touch ONE of Multiple Man's clones, and MM is totally screwed. She'll be able to clone, and then her clones can sap Siryn's power. Or Gambit could just finish her off.
  7. Multiple Man + Siryn  

#8 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio
@giantarms: Since you said they are bloodlusted, then I believe Cyclops will cut-loose and just blast with the visor off. The only people who would survive that would be Havok (since he absorbs it), Colossus (maybe, but he'd be in really bad shape) and Shadowcat (phase it). The only person who could stop him before he does it would be Psylocke (telepathically shut him down). But since Emma is on his team, she would psychically defend him, and then shutdown anyone who survived.
#9 Posted by giantarms (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Well two things: 

- Domino's infuence over change would totally allow for something to go wrong: like Cyclops misfiring into the distance, or hitting Emma accidentally, or destroying something nearby that injurs him. Basically, I think Domino adds a TON of risk to Cyclops. 
- Archangel I believe can shrug off Cyclops's attack. He does have a great healing factor. It would knock the hell out of him, but I think he can bounce back.

#10 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio
@giantarms said:
Here's my order, and how I justify it.

1. Havok + Polaris   - At the top, because I feel like they can produce way too much power, very fast. It's just too much overwhelming energy to fight against. I don't think even the telepaths can stop it in time.
  2. Archangel + Psylocke  - Honestly, Domino might edge out a win over Emma, but I think Psylocke would be too much. She's too deadly, and Archangel could just speedblitz everyone below this level and slice everyone into a million pieces, while Psylocke rains ninja hell down on them.
  3. Cable + Domino - I think the combined might of Cable's strategy, experience, and skill...... with Domino's penchant for making EVERY team she's on win... means they can take down Cyclops + Emma. With a bolt of lightning even, as Domino once did to a Sentinel.
  4. Cyclops + Emma  - Emma can psychically control everyone below this tier, making it easy for a win.
  5. Colossus + Shadowcat - As a team they physically outmatch everyone below, and no one can touch Shadowcat unless she wants them to. She can pull them down into the Earth and Colossus steps on all of their heads
  6. Rogue + Gambit - Rogue only needs to touch ONE of Multiple Man's clones, and MM is totally screwed. She'll be able to clone, and then her clones can sap Siryn's power. Or Gambit could just finish her off.
  7. Multiple Man + Siryn  

i agree with this. Can't psylocke telekinetically force them back. 
#11 Posted by Nexy21 (309 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Domino was with Deadpool. because at the end of deadpool max they're married...and pregnant
#12 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked Doctor Doom + Scarlet Witch but that didn't turn out well... Neither did any of the other pairings I have coming to mind...

#13 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio
@giantarms: Cyclops actually doesn't have to aim when the visor comes off. Anything in his visible range will get blasted. Domino would literally have to snap Cyclops' neck in a different direction for him to miss, and if she can break necks from a distance, then her team has the advantage. Archangel could defend himself with his wings, but he would be overwhelmed, and his healing factor would take a while to heal him.
#14 Posted by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I picked Cyclops/Emma and stick by it.
I hope people haven't forgotten that the Summers brothers powers don't work on each other.

#15 Posted by blacharrt (1567 posts) - - Show Bio
@giantarms: Rogue is with Magneto now