#1 Posted by GhettoSwag (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins?

#2 Posted by pooty (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

THanos

#3 Posted by Dredeuced (5499 posts) - - Show Bio

Scathan beats him if you mean every single celestial ever. Otherwise Thanos would win.

#4 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos should beat them all except scathan.

#5 Edited by SlimJ87D (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol... the council of Reeds had 3 IG and they were getting owned by the Celestials.

Scathan and Dreaming weren't even there at the time.

#6 Edited by BigCimmerian (8071 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

Lol... the council of Reeds had 3 IG and they were getting owned by the Celestials.

Scathan and Dreaming weren't even there at the time.

lol I heard that they nearly exterminated entire race of alternate reality Celestials, and only Mad Gods left and then they were destroyed by Franklin and Galactus.

#7 Posted by Bo88gdan (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with IG wins

#8 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d:

the OP probably intended it to be classic IG.

#9 Edited by SlimJ87D (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian:

I believe, I am not stating this as fact I am requesting a fact check here, maybe by @killemall or @hyper_god, that Celestials are multiversal meaning they do not belong to one universe as they are a race that travels between different universes. There was a scan where a bunch of them were lined up.

Franklin Richards and galactus had to prep to fight the celestials, and there was only 4

1. Franklin Richards asked his younger self to gather his energy and save it so he can use it alter in the fight.

2. Galactus ate 4 planets before the fight. He was pretty well fed.

The fact of the matter is that the IG has been retcon. It's not as powerful as it once was. Just trying to push a Universe a little back from ours destroyed it.

Now throw in Scathan plus the Dreaming Celestial and Thanos surely losses with the IG retcon or not, that is no question.

If Killemall or Hyper_God care to give their inputs, they know a lot about cosmic beings.

#10 Edited by Saren (25616 posts) - - Show Bio

Celestials aren't multiversal ---- at least, no single host of Celestials from any one universe is multiversal. To be honest, it goes up and down a lot and Marvel really cannot make up their minds about where exactly the Celestials lie on the cosmic hierarchy. In the span of two weeks, one story portrayed the Celestials as the beings that split a gigantic universe into a multiverse through sheer willpower, while another portrayed Celestials as being weak enough to be one-hit killed by an Asgardian axe with an enchantment that Loki described as simple. Sometimes 4 of the Mad Celestials are going Megazord on Galactus' ass, while other times you have Galactus fighting off the Cancerverse invaders on his own while the 616 Celestials run away from the battle.

There's a What If where Doom with the pre-Hickman IG fights the Celestials in a battle that lasts 400 years, but IIRC he also had the power of the original Beyonder in that story, making such a prolonged conflict just a wee bit absurd. Scathan should be above even the pre-Hickman IG. I have no idea why people hold Tiamut in such high regard. His greatest "feat" where the Fulcrum calls him an equal isn't even a feat and is severely misinterpreted by all and sundry, and if I'm not mistaken he was killed off recently in the X-Termination crossover. IG Thanos would laugh at him.

#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (14686 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos should handle them all except Scathan.

#12 Edited by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

Celestials aren't multiversal ---- at least, no single host of Celestials from any one universe is multiversal. To be honest, it goes up and down a lot and Marvel really cannot make up their minds about where exactly the Celestials lie on the cosmic hierarchy. In the span of two weeks, one story portrayed the Celestials as the beings that split a gigantic universe into a multiverse through sheer willpower, while another portrayed Celestials as being weak enough to be one-hit killed by an Asgardian axe with an enchantment that Loki described as simple. Sometimes 4 of the Mad Celestials are going Megazord on Galactus' ass, while other times you have Galactus fighting off the Cancerverse invaders on his own while the 616 Celestials run away from the battle.

There's a What If where Doom with the pre-Hickman IG fights the Celestials in a battle that lasts 400 years, but IIRC he also had the power of the original Beyonder in that story, making such a prolonged conflict just a wee bit absurd. Scathan should be above even the pre-Hickman IG. I have no idea why people hold Tiamut in such high regard. His greatest "feat" where the Fulcrum calls him an equal isn't even a feat and is severely misinterpreted by all and sundry, and if I'm not mistaken he was killed off recently in the X-Termination crossover. IG Thanos would laugh at him.

From Tiamut's memories , only a handful of Celestials were depicted as forging the multiverse . On-panel we only saw 3(4 counting Tiamut himself) . And while that Jarnbjorn incident in Remender's series was pretty retarded , it was by no means any much of a lower showing than what some other uber-powerful entities like Eternity have been plagued with in the past .

And as far as Cancerverse goes , 616-Death kamikazed the whole of Cancerverse in a one-shot hit , and IIRC it was generating a huge surge of energy even beyond the Fault according to the Inhuman/Shiar armada's measuring instruments . The very same Death was easily restrained and imprisoned against her will in a Deadpool comic , by Loki of all people . Not to mention that Loki wasn't even amped in that instance , and he performed that feat using his own personal power .

Based on powerscaling compared to guys like Odin and Kubik , Celestials should definitely have a sub-multiversal or transuniversal scale of power at the very least . It doesn't put them at the same level as guys like Lucifer or Mxy , but there's little reason to doubt why they shouldn't be portrayed at such power-levels , based on what they have historically been intended to be .

Scathan , the way he was portrayed in that GoTG comic , was pretty much an anomaly , and I personally am not going to bring him up in Celestial-threads from now on , unless the thread-starter also includes alternate reality Celestials .

Far as Tiamut goes , his actual greatest feat is beating up Arishem in single combat before getting jumped on by the rest of the Host , who , iirc , had to go through hell to overwhelm him . True he has few feats to justify that "most powerful of all Celestials" hyperbole , but based on his fight with the Second Host , he's Ivan Drago in comparison to Galactus(Clubber Lang) and Mister Franklin(Rocky Balboa) .

#13 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Yeah , those IGs were pretty weaksauce .

Doom with one of them got overrun by creatures he himself created in a dead universe .

One of the Reeds who was able to briefly activate his IG during the Celestials' invasion of the Bridge , attacked 4 Celestials , and despite gaining the upper hand , was unable to destroy them in a single hit .

And then we have that New Avengers series being written by Hickman , which you have already cited in your post . What's the really funny thing is that the Hyperion supposedly performed a similar feat when he "held those worlds apart" . I was one of the many who argued against this showing , but then Hickman later had Reed mention that pushing against a world during the Incursion was like pushing against its whole universe . And this same Hyperion has more or less been portrayed as a peer to the likes of Thor and Hulk .

So yeah , it's been conclusively proven that the Infinity Gauntlet has been nerfed to hell .

#14 Edited by SlimJ87D (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Yeah , those IGs were pretty weaksauce .

Doom with one of them got overrun by creatures he himself created in a dead universe .

One of the Reeds who was able to briefly activate his IG during the Celestials' invasion of the Bridge , attacked 4 Celestials , and despite gaining the upper hand , was unable to destroy them in a single hit .

And then we have that New Avengers series being written by Hickman , which you have already cited in your post . What's the really funny thing is that the Hyperion supposedly performed a similar feat when he "held those worlds apart" . I was one of the many who argued against this showing , but then Hickman later had Reed mention that pushing against a world during the Incursion was like pushing against its whole universe . And this same Hyperion has more or less been portrayed as a peer to the likes of Thor and Hulk .

So yeah , it's been conclusively proven that the Infinity Gauntlet has been nerfed to hell .

For now, until Thanos comes back in the next event that will involve the Infinity Gauntlet most likely because of the Gaurdians of the Galaxy movie...

Marvel has notoriously been guilty of changing their plotlines to accommodate the movies.

#15 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Thanos will somehow have to re-create the whole IG if thats the case, its clearly broken now. (Sorry didnt see my tag in, by HyperGod answer most of the things, alongside CitizenBane). BTW them having 3 IGs and still losing to handful of celestials should be looked upon too badly because neither of them worked in the bridge, only one worked for a short time, which was powerful enough to over-power the Celestials.

IG in its native universe should be a lot more powerful than that, Reed Richards from one reality destroyed his entire universe with an IG, and Dr. Doom re-created the universe with another IG.

That being said, thats where they power seem to be universal. Celestial, at least the entire race should be much above that.

Scanthan is well Scanthan.

#16 Posted by laflux (15377 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by SlimJ87D (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: Thanos will somehow have to re-create the whole IG if thats the case, its clearly broken now. (Sorry didnt see my tag in, by HyperGod answer most of the things, alongside CitizenBane). BTW them having 3 IGs and still losing to handful of celestials should be looked upon too badly because neither of them worked in the bridge, only one worked for a short time, which was powerful enough to over-power the Celestials.

IG in its native universe should be a lot more powerful than that, Reed Richards from one reality destroyed his entire universe with an IG, and Dr. Doom re-created the universe with another IG.

That being said, thats where they power seem to be universal. Celestial, at least the entire race should be much above that.

Scanthan is well Scanthan.

I don't think he will have to make a new one. Doctor Strange has the TIME GEM and I feel like some loopy time crap is going to be done.

I feel the gauntlet will manifest itself or something when Marvel introduces it into the movies.

#18 Posted by Hyperlight (5708 posts) - - Show Bio

it wouldn't matter. The IG was meant to give the wearer power only succeeded by the LT and TOAA.... doesn't matter how many celestials... the IG is just meant to be more powerful.

IG for the win

#19 Posted by Hyper_God (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane said:

Celestials as being weak enough to be one-hit killed by an Asgardian axe with an enchantment that Loki described as simple.

Don't know how I missed this in the previous post . Anyways , that wasn't Loki but Kang masquerading as Loki to trick Thor into enchanting Jarnbjorn . A minor error , but one which I thought was worth addressing in this case .

#20 Edited by Djangophile (275 posts) - - Show Bio

The IG can only affect physical planes of existence and alternate universes on this plane of existence, it cannot reach into pocket dimensions or specially created ones, which seems like an easy thing to create for a Celestial if need be. If Thanos had the Heart of the Universe...well that might be the only object truly capable of doing anything. The IG has limits.

#21 Edited by lordraiden (7013 posts) - - Show Bio

The Celestials would win, they are not bound by time and can communicate with past Celestials billions of years ago, tell that Celestial to kill Thanos, and such would be the end of the infinity gauntlet. If things got bad, they can go hide in a separate dimension the gems cant touch, much like where Adam Warlock was. The IG can only affect physical planes of existence and alternate universes on this plane of existence, it cannot reach into pocket dimensions or specially created ones, which seems like an easy thing to create for a Celestial if need be. If Thanos had the Heart of the Universe...well that might be the only object truly capable of doing anything. The IG has limits.

If we go by the original IG saga/concept, then the IG's limits were that of the bearer's, and Thanos nerfed everyone under the LT! Don't really know much nor care much about the retconned gauntlets used these days, but, if your using Thanos with the ig, can only go by his feats and what he was able to do with it, imo.

#22 Edited by Djangophile (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea. I tend to agree but Adam Warlock kind of appeared out of nowhere after Thanos wrecked everything. He was inside some other place that was beyond his reach, so if the Celestials had a bit of time to get ready, I believe they would be able to handle the situation. Without a few minutes warning, of course thanos would take the win.

#23 Posted by Killemall (18536 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam Warlock appeared from inside the soul gem and used his connection to the infinity gem to disrupt the gems. Adam Warlock was inside soul word, a universe inside soul gem, which of course is a part of IG.

Classic IG is lot more powerful than Celestials could handle.

Also IG not being able to affect pocket dimensions and stuffs is a totally fan made up stuff i see on comicvine, that has never been said or implied on panel.

#24 Edited by Djangophile (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Where does it state the IG can affect special dimensions like where Cytorak exists? Here is a clip from the Marvel wikia. Can anyone confirm this is not truth?

• One thing the Infinity Gauntlet can't do is work outside the Universe it comes from. The Gauntlet from 616 will only work in the 616 universe so on and so forth. It is not powerful enough to destroy the space time continuum by itself and is also incapable of being used to Destroy it self.
#25 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with the IG curbstomps all of the Celestials (even Tiamut).

The only Celestial I can see posing a threat to Thanos with the IG is Scathan.

#26 Posted by Frocharocha (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Weren't The celestials trowing planets like beach balls on Thanos and he didn't even notice the atacks?

#27 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackknight said:

Weren't The celestials trowing planets like beach balls on Thanos and he didn't even notice the atacks?

Yes.

#28 Posted by Hyperlight (5708 posts) - - Show Bio

considering how classic IG works .. i doesnt matter how many people it fights. if you arent someone like LT or TOAA... you are inferior to the IG .. thus will probably lose