Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hellos

Battle of the Enterprises
Battle of the Enterprises

Enterprise-E versus every other Enterprise.
Battlefield: Earth 
The team of Enterprises is fully aware of who they are fighting, has 3 months of prep to upgrade their tech with the help of the Enterprise D and all of there command codes are changed so the Enterprise E can't just look them up to shut down these ships.

VS 

Post Upgrades when they arrived back on Earth
Post Upgrades when they arrived back on Earth

This one and all the other ones Kirk was playing around with.
This one and all the other ones Kirk was playing around with.

B
B

C
C

D
D

Who wins?

No Captain Pike.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xan84

Team. More ships, tech is upgraded to that of Enter. D and prep. They can't lose.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Baldy

Galaxy class could almost solo this really so the team is going to stomp.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Satyrquaze

3 months time is not long enough to refit a starship (such as the Enterprise-B or C) with 2370's starfleet tech. When the original Enterprise was refit (prior to ST:TMP) it took 18 months and that represented a mere 20 years worth of technology upgrades.

The Enterprise-E has ablative armor, regenerative shields, and quantum torpedoes, technology that doesn't exist for any of the other ships. The Enterprise-D cannot match that. The NX-01 even with modern TNG era shields and hull plating is still going to be taken out by a single quantum torpedo, not that the NX-01 could be upgraded to that level in a mere 3 months.

The team should be able to pull out a victory, but at the end of the fight, there's maybe one of them left 'standing'. 

The crew of the Enterprise-E knows every trick that the crew of the Enterprise-D knows and more, and they know what frequency the Shields of the Enterprise-D are at. 

@Baldy:

No, there's no way a Galaxy-class starship is going to almost solo a Sovereign-class starship.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hellos
@Satyrquaze:
I think he means with the prep which I might have been a little generous on. :P 

Yeah I know 3 months isn't enough to completely overhaul each ship, I didn't want this to  be 5 enterprise Ds vs the E, just upgraded enough to avoid massive one shots by the E on some of the earlier ships and for them to pose somewhat of a threat. Even with 3 months of prep Archer's ship for example should remain cannon fodder.
rightprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rightprice

Enterprise E wins.  The Enterprise D is highly outmatched by the E, the others don't have a hope in hell, unless some decide to ram the E.   

As for upgrading the older ships, It shouldn't be possible to completely upgrade them with Enterprise D tech, especially in just 3 months.  The ships themselves would not be designed to be upgraded that much.  Most ships in the real world are designed to be able to upgraded to some degree when new tech comes out, but there are limits to that.  An aircraft carrier from the 1940's couldn't be upgraded be upgraded with a nuclear reactor, or a compressed air catapult to launch planes.  A nimitz class carrier, which uses a compressed air catapult, can't be upgraded with an electromagnetic rail catapult.  Would the engineering room in the NX Enterprise even be big enough to house a warp core the size of the D's?  Would any of them be able to use phaser strips?  In the series finale of Enterprise, Starfleet had to build an entirely new class of shipto use the new warp 7 engine.  In the finale of Voyager, they couldn't even upgrade to use the stealth technology from just 30 years in the future.  So aside from D era photon torpedoes, which I imagine would only require the right size launch tube to use, I don't really see how the older ships could be significantly upgraded. 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom
@Satyrquaze said:
" 3 months time is not long enough to refit a starship (such as the Enterprise-B or C) with 2370's starfleet tech. When the original Enterprise was refit (prior to ST:TMP) it took 18 months and that represented a mere 20 years worth of technology upgrades."
That's what I was thinking. And given that the Defiant was able to basically one shot an NX class, and presuming there is a similar power difference the 23rd and 24th century, Nothing older than E-C would survive more than a few minutes.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Erik

The team wins. It is very likely that the Enterprise - Enterprise B will be taken out in just a few attacks but C and D will fair much better. D is almost as good as E and if it was one on one, E would take some nasty hits before winning. But since it also has C at its side, they will likely ultimately prevail against E. Plus D also has Picard and crew so they know they way E will fight.  

I think C will eventually fall but D will barely make it out on top.  

Either that or when Picard in his sick Enterprise E takes out Kirk with one quantum torpedo shot, the universe will fold in on itself at the sheer impossibility of Kirk losing. 

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Satyrquaze
@erik said:
"The team wins. It is very likely that the Enterprise - Enterprise B will be taken out in just a few attacks but C and D will fair much better. D is almost as good as E and if it was one on one, E would take some nasty hits before winning. But since it also has C at its side, they will likely ultimately prevail against E. Plus D also has Picard and crew so they know they way E will fight. "

Everything the crew of the Enterprise-D can do, the crew of the Enterprise-E does it better.
-Data-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By -Data-

If D is fully battle customized, it would give E some trouble. The real advantage E has is better maneuverability;

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom
@-Data- said:
" If D is fully battle customized, it would give E some trouble. The real advantage E has is better maneuverability; "
What is "fully battle customized"?
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hellos

@AtPhantom
said:
"That's what I was thinking. And given that the Defiant was able to basically one shot an NX class, and presuming there is a similar power difference the 23rd and 24th century, Nothing older than E-C would survive more than a few minutes. "

Almost one shot, I think I counted 7 or so shots before the NX blew up in that alternate universe.
-Data-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -Data-
@AtPhantom said:
" @-Data- said:
" If D is fully battle customized, it would give E some trouble. The real advantage E has is better maneuverability; "
What is "fully battle customized"? "

The purpose of the "Galaxy" class is its extra bulk, and potential. The Sovereign class is specially a war designed battle ship, while the Galaxy was universal, but mainly a science vessel in TNG.  That's why it's known as the Flag Ship. So, a fully battle customized Enterprise D would either be in par or exceeding the strengths of the Enterprise E. (E is already a full equipped battle ship).
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom
@Hellos said:
"
@AtPhantom
said:
"That's what I was thinking. And given that the Defiant was able to basically one shot an NX class, and presuming there is a similar power difference the 23rd and 24th century, Nothing older than E-C would survive more than a few minutes. "
Almost one shot, I think I counted 7 or so shots before the NX blew up in that alternate universe. "
Eh, same thing, it took like two minutes. :P
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hellos
@AtPhantom said:
"Eh, same thing, it took like two minutes. :P "

More like a few seconds down to rapid fire from the constitution class Defiant. :P  
After they started firing at the NX ship it went down FAST. I don't even think the mirror universe's empire's ship had shields. If they did it certainly did not even register against the Defiant's weapons.

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sevennames27
@erik said:
"The team wins. It is very likely that the Enterprise - Enterprise B will be taken out in just a few attacks but C and D will fair much better. D is almost as good as E and if it was one on one, E would take some nasty hits before winning. But since it also has C at its side, they will likely ultimately prevail against E. Plus D also has Picard and crew so they know they way E will fight.   I think C will eventually fall but D will barely make it out on top.   Either that or when Picard in his sick Enterprise E takes out Kirk with one quantum torpedo shot, the universe will fold in on itself at the sheer impossibility of Kirk losing.  "
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom
@-Data- said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @-Data- said:
What is "fully battle customized"? "
 The purpose of the "Galaxy" class is its extra bulk, and potential. The Sovereign class is specially a war designed battle ship, while the Galaxy was universal, but mainly a science vessel in TNG.  That's why it's known as the Flag Ship. So, a fully battle customized Enterprise D would either be in par or exceeding the strengths of the Enterprise E. (E is already a full equipped battle ship). "
A flag ship a ship which, under normal circumstances, would be the lead ship of a fleet. this is in regard to a single ship, not a class. Both Enterprise D and have been flag ships until their destruction, as, I believe, has the original Enterprise.

To your point, you can't just customize a ship to be a battle ship. We're talking about half a mile long space faring vessels, not street cars. If it was built as a science vessel, turning it into a fully dedicated war-ship takes a ludicrous amount of time and resources.
Warf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Warf
@-Data- said:
If D is fully battle customized, it would give E some trouble. The real advantage E has is better maneuverability;

No Caption Provided

The L. Commander is correct. Perhaps today is a good day to die!
Avatar image for alanismorissette
AlanisMorissette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AlanisMorissette

@Warf said:

@-Data- said:

No Caption Provided
The L. Commander is correct. Perhaps today is a good day to die!

LOL!