#1 Posted by comicbooksareawesome123 (87 posts) - - Show Bio

On an uninhabiated deset world.

#2 Edited by SithLantern93 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre is most likely to win if it has a host.

#3 Edited by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have thought Emperor Joker, since he's very nearly as strong as Mxyz.

#5 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have thought Emperor Joker, since he's very nearly as strong as Mxyz.

he's got 99% of his power, so yes he is.

id say unbound spectre wins this.

#6 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

unbound spectre

#7 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio

I would still take Emperor Joker... it's still essentially a Bugs Bunny like character versus The Spectre...

#8 Edited by Joygirl (19972 posts) - - Show Bio

EJ was already treating cosmics like toys. I say he takes Spectre.

#9 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by SithLantern93 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

I would still take Emperor Joker... it's still essentially a Bugs Bunny like character versus The Spectre...

Well an unbound and hostless Spectre weakened Mxyzptlk and plus Hal Jordan as Spectre was not very experienced with the power of the Spectre at that time. Hell, even Spectre Volume 4(Hal's time as Spectre) hadn't even started yet when the last story arc of Emperor Joker was released.

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Well an unbound and hostless Spectre weakened Mxyzptlk and plus Hal Jordan as Spectre was not very experienced with the power of the Spectre at that time. Hell, even Spectre Volume 4(Hal's time as Spectre) hadn't even started yet when the last story arc of Emperor Joker was released.

What do you mean by Weakened ? Besides how does that even deal with whether or not he would not be affected by Emperor Joker's Reality Warping ? Considering the nature of 5th dimensional imp powers... I can't see why Emperor Joker could not trap an Unbound Spectre in one of those Ghostbusters Toaster Trap things.

#12 Edited by SithLantern93 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93 said:

@king_saturn said:

What do you mean by Weakened ? Besides how does that even deal with whether or not he would not be affected by Emperor Joker's Reality Warping ? Considering the nature of 5th dimensional imp powers... I can't see why Emperor Joker could not trap an Unbound Spectre in one of those Ghostbusters Toaster Trap things.

photo mxy_ruin1.jpgphoto mxy_ruin2.jpg

Spectre's war on magic on Infinite Crisis caused this.

#13 Edited by King Saturn (224205 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@sithlantern93 said:

@king_saturn said:

Spectre's war on magic on Infinite Crisis caused this.

But this does not even make sense... 5th Dimensional Imps use power that resembles Magic in the Third Dimension... it's not actually Magic though. So how would Spectre's War on Magic affect something that is not actually Magic ? Seems like some heavy PIS going on here for the sake of the story.

#14 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

So the Spectre's War on Magic can effect magic in other dimensions, universes etc? Damn lol.

#15 Posted by SithLantern93 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Of course. When he was battling a super amped Captain Marvel, their clash were affecting other dimensions.

#16 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Of course. When he was battling a super amped Captain Marvel, their clash were affecting other dimensions.

Wow, that's crazy lol I didn't know it effected even Mxy's Dimension lol. The Clash with Cap Marvel I remember then killed him, and Nebu but that was also the time I started getting into the Spectre. I had no idea what that did caused magical interference within the entire DCU, other dimensions etc that's cool.

I'm still waiting to see Spectre in his own series in the new 52 and hopefully mxy at some point

#17 Edited by SithLantern93 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: We have already seen Mxyzptlk in New 52 Action Comics. I just hope that they don't make Spectre job.

#18 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: We have already seen Mxyzptlk in New 52 Action Comics. I just hope that they don't make Spectre job.

Yeah I agree, I follow Spectre and haven't been up with the new Superman AC(I do read JL however) so that explains why I missed Mxy...

Spectre so far only made one appearance in Phantom Stranger. I hope he gets his own series again soon.

#19 Edited by SithLantern93 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Yeah and it was brief. I hope Ostrander and Mandrake or hell even DeMatteis get involved with The Spectre.

#20 Edited by dondave (37459 posts) - - Show Bio

EJ ftw

#21 Posted by New_World_Order (13229 posts) - - Show Bio

Emperor Joker.

#22 Edited by Onemoreposter (4052 posts) - - Show Bio

My first impulse was to say Emperor Joker, no problem. Even in the Jim Corrigan days we never saw the Spectre warp reality at a level like what we saw in Emperor Joker.

But then I thought, hey man! this is the freaking Spectre! Emperor joker has warped the universe, but the Spectre stood on top of it

I know this is only one feat, but its a big one. The Spectre is the wrath of the Presence. His power is potentially limitless. As an entity he is undying and eternal. I don't even a see reason to think that Mxy's powers would have an effect on him.

Buttttt, then again. The Spectre has pretty much been a jobber every since Hal Jordan took up the mantle...

So, logically, I'm going to say the Spectre SHOULD win, but if this story were ever be written......

This would probably happen.

#23 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Emperor Joker would.

But Spectre should.

#24 Posted by lol (5132 posts) - - Show Bio

Emperor Joker would.

But Spectre should.

No at least undbound not he is too weak without host

#25 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

@lol: i do not think you know much about spectre do you

#26 Posted by lol (5132 posts) - - Show Bio

@lol: i do not think you know much about spectre do you

I know Spectre man i only found the feats of Corrigan Spectre more impressive than Undbound Spectre

#27 Posted by reaverlation (15904 posts) - - Show Bio

EJ due to being Unbound Spectre

#28 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

@lol: in unbound spectre's last battle against Nabu, he sucked the magic from everywhere in the universe. in his battle against shazam, he sucked magic from everywhere including the RoE and shazam himself. corrigan spectre while fighting anti monitor had to let magicians feed him magic. tell me which one is more powerful. and after he killed Nabu, the while multiverses magic was affected. the presence bound him to a host to weaken and restrain him. tell me which is more powerful. the ability to use your powers fully and take magic from literally anything beats being restrained and can not leech magic

having said that, i do think EJ loses because of UB spectre's unique power. there are not many magical beings that can beat someone who has multiversal level magic themselves and can additionally make you weaker and himself more powerful. he can beat truly powerful magical beings, but non magic beings on the same level he would prolly lose to