• 61 results
#1 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep time and the fight is in space.

#2 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

the deadly psyco with Mxy's power solos, so bad.
#3 Posted by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio

Either of team 1 can solo.

#4 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Even against Scathan? I thought Scathan beat Protege and was called by the Living Tribunal and Eternity to take out Protege. Won't that mean he has a at least a chance of beating Thought Robot or Emperor Joker?
#5 Posted by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio
@doomsummers said:
" @JediXMan: Even against Scathan? I thought Scathan beat Protege and was called by the Living Tribunal and Eternity to take out Protege. Won't that mean he has a at least a chance of beating Thought Robot or Emperor Joker? "
Thought Robot would beat the Living Tribunal. Don't know too much about Protege; I'd be interested in scans.

If this is the case, then Emperor Joker would lose. But I don't see the Thought Robot losing.
#6 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: What did the Thought Robot do? What did Emperor Joker do? Who has more raw power?
#7 Posted by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio
@doomsummers said:
" @JediXMan: What did the Thought Robot do? What did Emperor Joker do? Who has more raw power? "
The Thought Robot beat Mandrakk, who was supposed to be near-omnipotent. The Thought Robot was capable of continually adapting and evolving during battle. 

Emperor Joker had 99% of Mxy's power but also had the will to use it. He turned the Spectre into a canary and put him in a cage.
#8 Posted by Nefarious (18363 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 solos.

#9 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Is the Emperor Joker story arc in a graphic novel? What is the limit on how much Thought Robot could adapt to?
#10 Posted by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio
@doomsummers said:
" @JediXMan: Is the Emperor Joker story arc in a graphic novel? What is the limit on how much Thought Robot could adapt to? "
I believe so.

It was said that it could not repair from the damage sustained during the battle with Mandrakk.
#11 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: Thought Robot won anyway, right?
#12 Posted by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio
@doomsummers said:
" @JediXMan: Thought Robot won anyway, right? "
Yes. It was just that it was too damaged afterward.
#13 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: You don't think the Living Tribunal could damage Thought Robot like that?
#14 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

come on allready, why is this thread still going on,  mxy  has been able to go to the real world, as in our world and kiss the penciler, damn that's stupid writing.
#15 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

the celestial and the galactus is toast here...
#16 Posted by Jorg (724 posts) - - Show Bio

Its definitely not a stomp and no-one is soloing here.  

Of course, Galan is the weakest link here.  

But Scathan stopped Protege from taking tribunals power by just Dissaproving it.  

Whilst Tribunal stopped the IG from working with a thought, as well as stopped the abstracts fighting amongst themselves with a click of a finger.  

I dont think Mxy at full power can take LT, let alone the Joker.  

Thought robot is a bit more difficult, and the two of them together facing Scathan after one shotting galan could get tricky. 

I'd say Scathan....just.
#17 Posted by King Saturn (223734 posts) - - Show Bio
Emperor Joker and Thought Robot for the win here..... 
#18 Posted by _Courage_ (1183 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jorg: 
It is true that Scathan "beat" Protege. That really doesn't make any sense, LT couldn't beat Protege but Scathan could? What else has Scathan done anyway?
#19 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio

Scathan > Living Tribunal > other guys

#20 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether said:
"Scathan > Living Tribunal > other guys "

LT > freaking celestial  

#21 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
"Either of team 1 can solo. "
#22 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall2 said:
" @Prince CortSether said:
"Scathan > Living Tribunal > other guys "
LT > freaking celestial    "
Not according to GOTG. 

Scathan > Protege > Living Tribunal
#23 Posted by SilverGalford (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

the deadly psyco with Mxy's power solos, so bad. 

#24 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

"The Thought Robot beat Mandrakk, who was supposed to be near-omnipotent. "

And what's LT? 
The guy is the second most powerful being in all of Marvel creation, only second to God. Hell he seemingly is God, bringing order to the Omniverse's powerful beings while the TOAA toys around with creation.  

Rarely do we see LT use his power, the one time the gauntlet poses a threat due to Warlock's weilding of it, the Tribunal is willing to destroy reality in their fight to take from him.  
The Thought Robot was being stunned by the heat of 52 trillion suns, come on.   

"The Thought Robot was capable of continually adapting and evolving during battle." 

The problem is, if someone is sumpremely more powerful I'm not sure what adapating or evolving do much to compare to the judge of all that is across creation(Totally hyping the tribunal here, but that is his job, 3rd to none.=) )

"Emperor Joker had 99% of Mxy's power but also had the will to use it. He turned the Spectre into a canary and put him in a cage.    " 

And the Spectre should own Imps, he be jobbing to Emperor Joker.
#25 Posted by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said: 

The Thought Robot beat Mandrakk, who was supposed to be near-omnipotent. 

So is Living Tribunal.

Emperor Joker had 99% of Mxy's power but also had the will to use it. He turned the Spectre into a canary and put him in a cage. "    

I've heard that Spectre has beaten 5-D Imps on more than one occasion though, so I kind of wonder if that was done for the sake of plot, or if there's something else going on. 

Anyway, Protege's powers are to copy anybody else's powers. He's sort of like Amazo, but with no apparent limits, being able to copy even the Living Tribunal's power. This copying effect seems to be permanent, and stacks with everyone else he's copied. To be fair, he didn't actually fight Living Tribunal, so it doesn't seem entirely clear if he surpassed him or not, but it seems strongly implied that Scathan's intervention was needed, and the last scan states LT was drawing power from a mystical artifact to augment himself during the confrontation. Protege definitely surpassed Beyonder, Eternity, and Hawk-God though (who seems to be about equal to Eternity; sounds odd to me, but that's what it looks like).  

This is Scathan's only feat, which apparently trumps even the Living Tribunal. Most people (including myself) consider it amazingly stupid and are confounded as to why the writer even thought of it. But if he's being used in a battle thread, then stupid or not, it's all we have to go on.

@isaac_clarke:  

The Thought Robot was being stunned by the heat of 52 trillion suns, come on.       

It actually says only 10 billion. It also says 52 universes. Considering that single galaxies can have hundreds of billions of stars themselves, I'm pretty sure it was just hyperbole either way, unless those 52 universes are all much smaller than the Milky Way. 

As I've pointed out in other threads when the Thought Robot comes up, Mandrakk and the Monitors have been shown in normal DC space before, and they are neither overwhelmingly large nor overwhelmingly powerful. Whatever multiversal properties they have in the Monitor realm are probably more a function of that realm than of themselves. For comparison, consider that in Infinity Abyss, the entire Marvel Omniverse was in danger of being destroyed by a couple of Thanos clones. This is not because the clones themselves were multiversal threats, it was just because it turns out that apparently the Marvel actuality is supported by a single, mortal, virtually defenseless being, and if he dies, all existence conveniently goes with him. 

Yeah, it's a pretty dumb arc (as is the Protege one; for that matter, I'm not real fond of Final Crisis either, but it's certainly leagues better than IA or Protege), but the point is, location actually matters in comics. Some people like to point out how the TR reaches towards Limbo at one point, and (ignoring the obvious symbolism), take that to mean the thing is actually physically larger than the universe, even though we clearly see Monitors walking around with him, and we know that Monitors are not billions of light years tall when they are in the DC universe.
#26 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11: Its hard to say if Thought Robot would survive Scathan's attacks.
#27 Posted by Jorg (724 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Courage_ said:
" @Jorg:  It is true that Scathan "beat" Protege. That really doesn't make any sense, LT couldn't beat Protege but Scathan could? What else has Scathan done anyway? "

He doesn't have many other showings that come to mind.  

But Protege was about to take LT's power, while Scathan just dissaproved of it, and approved of LT absorbing him, so thats what happened.  

Whether Protege's powers didn't have effect on Scathan....or i have no idea. But thats how it went down.  

I know also whenever LT has any other pressing issue that he must make a serious decision upon, he looks for Scathans insight.  

I dont think Scathan is more powerful than LT, i think it was just the situation somehow.
#28 Posted by Jorg (724 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11: 

I completely forgot that is my favorite panel ever.

They rid of Protege in a highly anti climactic way, and Scathans there. Thumbs up.  

Brilliant haha

#29 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said: 

" It actually says only 10 billion. It also says 52 universes. "

Wow, I thought it was at least 52 something.  
I remember thinking how hard it was to take Mandrakk seriously with that comment.

"Considering that single galaxies can have hundreds of billions of stars themselves, I'm pretty sure it was just hyperbole either way, unless those 52 universes are all much smaller than the Milky Way.  As I've pointed out in other threads when the Thought Robot comes up, Mandrakk and the Monitors have been shown in normal DC space before, and they are neither overwhelmingly large nor overwhelmingly powerful. Whatever multiversal properties they have in the Monitor realm are probably more a function of that realm than of themselves. For comparison, consider that in Infinity Abyss, the entire Marvel Omniverse was in danger of being destroyed by a couple of Thanos clones. This is not because the clones themselves were multiversal threats, it was just because it turns out that apparently the Marvel actuality is supported by a single, mortal, virtually defenseless being, and if he dies, all existence conveniently goes with him.  Yeah, it's a pretty dumb arc (as is the Protege one; for that matter, I'm not real fond of Final Crisis either, but it's certainly leagues better than IA or Protege), but the point is, location actually matters in comics. Some people like to point out how the TR reaches towards Limbo at one point, and (ignoring the obvious symbolism), take that to mean the thing is actually physically larger than the universe, even though we clearly see Monitors walking around with him, and we know that Monitors are not billions of light years tall when they are in the DC universe. "

I certainly like this argument.
#30 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Either of team 1 can solo. "
#31 Posted by Darkeden (287 posts) - - Show Bio

emperor joker wins

#32 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkeden said:
emperor joker wins
for fanboy sake i'd say yes 
but aside that i find the big g underrated he can TAKE on emperor joke just look at any of his respect threads you'll know what i mean
regardless that i dont find thought robot's feats that amazing defeating a guy with the power of the multiverse, well so is the weilder of the infinity gaunlet and he did not kill him he threw him off to the primal ass who is an endless void beyond the multiverse,blah blah blah AKA DC's beyonder or grant morrison on weed again
#33 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

its close,very very close,thanos with IG was omnipotent,LT i think is above him with that,so if scathan which i know not too much about is LT level,this fight is toss a coin imo.
#34 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
Either of team 1 can solo.
This :-)
#35 Posted by Darkeden (287 posts) - - Show Bio
so true.
#36 Posted by Darkeden (287 posts) - - Show Bio

The only time specter has beaten imps is when he depowered them of their magic, which is a very pathetic strategy. he didn't even try to attack them head-to-head for the specter is gay. plus he has defeated thunderbolt because thunderbolt, though a 5th dimensional imp, was in an ugly situation of obeying his master.

#37 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkeden: Are you saying the Spectre is a homosexual? That is the worst thing I have ever heard.
#38 Posted by Darkeden (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it obvious? most of the time spectre chooses male host only. if he was a man, he wouldn't be doing that now would he? I bet whenever the spectre has time, he toys around with hal jordan's junk.

#39 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Emperor Joker would beat Galactus, although I believe Scathan could take him out as he has done so to bigger threats. However, no one on team two is going to get past the Thought Robot.  So team 1. 

#40 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkeden: I thought he was behind that due to his power level
#41 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
Emperor Joker would beat Galactus, although I believe Scathan could take him out as he has done so to bigger threats. However, no one on team two is going to get past the Thought Robot.  So team 1. 
why why why 
what has the thought robot done thats so impressive that puts him as high as LT he did not defeat mandrak who was like thanos with an artifact not only that he DIDNT defeat him he threw'em over to the primal moniter
and whats with this adapting thing iron man's suit adapts deos that mean he is the all mighty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#42 Posted by Darkeden (287 posts) - - Show Bio

So true.

#43 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Scathan solos.

He did defeat Protege and Protege would make mincemeat out both Emperor Joker and CA Superman/Thought Robot.

@jedixman: No CA Superman/Thought Robot would not beat the Living Tribunal infact he wouldn't even hurt him at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#44 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2961 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#45 Edited by GhostRider2 (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

Scathan solo.

#46 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by schillenger420 (816 posts) - - Show Bio

This kind of fight to me amounts too "who alters reality first." I really don't know much about these characters so I'll go with.... " They cause so much destruction the One Above All" Drops em into a different dimension where they battle until the end of time". Basically I call a stalemate. I would however have to note that Emperor Joker is by far the most psychotic. Clinical minds often have trouble when dealing with psycho's as they have no idea what to expect. If a winner HAS to be chosen I'll take Joker as the dark horse. All others have purpose.... he has none, and is therefor entirely unpredictable. The guys he's fighting with have NO experience with the unpredictable as they've always been omniscient. The Joker play's em against each other then sweeps up the remainder. He then recreates the DC universe as it was because.. in the end.... he still never really beat Batman.

#48 Posted by JediXMan (29296 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: No CA Superman/Thought Robot would not beat the Living Tribunal infact he wouldn't even hurt him at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unwarranted use of excessive exclamation points diminishes your point. Therefore, I will disregard this statement entirely.

#49 Posted by SithLantern93 (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

F%ck that Scathan PIS. A freaking celestial is nowhere more than Living Tribunal. Team 1 destroys. Joker with Mxy's power was capable of annihilating the very fabric of reality itself. Not just one universe or multiple universes, but everything. And Thought Robot Supes prevented Mandrakk Dax Novu from doing a similar feat.

#50 Posted by dondave (33554 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2