#1 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is more powerful telepath?

Emma Forst consider one of the most powerful telepath in Earth.

Also, jean grey consider one of the most powerful telepath when she lost her telekinesis. moreover she have more power than Professor X when she absorbed Psylocke's power.

#2 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#3 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW i cannot believe this hasnt been done, nice one.

But as a Telepath it is clearly stated that Jean Grey is. (or has the potential to be)

#4 Posted by SilverSurfa (256 posts) - - Show Bio

emma frost, jean sucks without phoenix powers

#5 Posted by Ripcord (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

I got to go with Jean. She is the second most powerful telepath, but this is a fight so I would have to know does she have her TK.

#6 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"emma frost, jean sucks without phoenix powers"

Really? I doubt that. Some people said like you. But that doesn't make sense.

First, jean grey can lift about 100ton whithout phoenix.(see x-men: phoenix rising. She blocked full power hercules.) Moreover, she can manipulate anything almost molecular level.(not molecular level...but she was learning)

Second, jean grey consider as powerful as Professor X when she only used telepathy.
Post Edited:2008-05-28 09:06:05

#7 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

spekqj says:

"SilverSurfa says:
" jean grey consider as powerful as Professor X when she only used telepathy."

yup

#8 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19324 posts) - - Show Bio

Well they both can use Cerebro so I guess they are, kind of equal

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

SilverSurfa says:

"emma frost, jean sucks without phoenix powers"

BS.

Jean Grey wins.

#11 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

Isnt their telepathy about the same...one doesnt have a higher moveset than the other.

#12 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost is sexier.. so she wins.

#13 Posted by Danko (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma looks slutty.. Jean wins!

#14 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

Danko says:

"Emma looks slutty.. Jean wins!"

O......K.....Anywho. The main reason why Jean would win this, is her telekinesis. Emma's is latent, Jean's is ever-present. What would her diamond form be able to do against Jean's assault? On top of that, the fact that Jean is one of THE most experienced telepath's EVER, sort of leads to a problem for Emma, seeing as how Jean has mastered (or, more like REALIZED and actually UTILIZED) her two in one mental abilities. Whereas, Emma ONLY uses her telepathy and diamond abilities.

#15 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Danko says:

Uhhh...

Nods her head.

That really makes a point.

M

#16 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean would win this fight easily. She was taught how to use her powers by Professor X. Emma might have had the potential to reach Jean's level at some point, but she squandered it. Jean is on a whole different level than Emma.

#17 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

mantoid says:

"Danko says:

Uhhh...

Nods her head.

That really makes a point.

M"

but emma is not a slut. jean is... she's been with logan, scott,and who else? Xavier??? god, i can't stand her.

#18 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

anyways, jean is going to win when it comes to power.... but the only thing that would get her to win is her phoenix power... not her mutant power alone. otherwise the White Queen wins.

#19 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego says:

"anyways, jean is going to win when it comes to power.... but the only thing that would get her to win is her phoenix power... not her mutant power alone. otherwise the White Queen wins. "
No Phoenix power. And please, state your case. Cause as you can see, we completely disagree with each other.
#20 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost > Jean Grey

Phoenix > Emma

Dark Phoenix >>> Emma

#21 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio

_Jean wins_ point! set! match! Aside from using her telekinesis, her power-set placed her ahead of Charles who is considered the world most powerful telepath and that was before Phoenix. She like her daughter is an Omega level mutant that is the reason why she was chosen to host the Phoenix. The same Phoenix who when she very briefly inhabited Emma nearly destroyed her as it was too much for her.

Jean hosted Charles complete psyche within her mind, true it almost killed her but she did, I like to see Emma try that. Phoenix didn't give Jean her powers it just kicked it up from it's massive scale to a stellar level.

Emma is good for while she doesn't have the Omega level she is extremely well-versed in her powers and how to use them. Which is why she is placed in the top 5 but she comes nowhere near the Grey clan when it comes to their inherited Psionic power.

#22 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego says:

"Emma Frost > Jean Grey Phoenix > Emma Dark Phoenix >>> Emma "
That isn't exactly convincing. I mean for you to tell me, with a fairly detailed post, why you feel that Emma is better than Jean. Cause I would sooner put Emma=Jean (In telepathy), before I would say that Emma is simply BETTER than her.
#23 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Jean Grey should win here. She has more raw power than Emma Frost does. Her Telepathic powers are out of this world."

I agree.

M

#24 Posted by King Saturn (225088 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey should win here. She has more raw power than Emma Frost does. Her Telepathic powers are out of this world.

#25 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"Jean Grey should win here. She has more raw power than Emma Frost does. Her Telepathic powers are out of this world."
More importantly, lets forget the telepathy for just a SMALL moment. WHAT defense does Emma have against telekenisis? Especially JEAN'S telekenisis?
#26 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1272 posts) - - Show Bio

((emma is hotter but jean wins this))

#27 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey is a more powerful telepath than Emma, and it has been stated in canon time and again. Jean was considered second only to Professor X, and I would debate even that. Also, Jean's TK manifested in the shape of a phoenix even when she was not endowed with the Phoenix Force. She does not need the Phoenix to defeat Emma, as her telepathic abilities are/were much more advanced than Emma's. I personally feel that Emma's powers have been amped up in the aftermath of Jean's death, simply because the team needed a powerful psychic, and they no longer had Jean. I'd Say Psylocke at the height of her telepathic powers would be a better match for Emma.

#28 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agree with Korg in his assessment of Emma Frost. After Jean's death, it was clear she had to be powered up in order to take on the role of "resident" powerful Telepath in the mutant world. In a fight of pure mutant gifts, Jean Grey wins this one without much effort. Emma has been an above-level telepath her whole life, but that's not going to touch Jean Grey's omega level classification. Her telepathy is rivaled only by Professor Xavier's and her skill with her telekinesis has been demonstrated to be monsterous as well.

As someone pointed out in their post, (and forgive me for not quoting), Emma tried hosting the Phoenix force herself and it nearly killed her. Jean Grey has been the Phoenix host now for a very long time. This not only demonstrates that Jean is more mentally disciplined, but that as a telepath her gifts are far superior of those of Ms. Frost.

#29 Posted by Black Parade (13 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be noted the Cuckoos (It took three of them) to hold the Phoenix force, so Technically it takes Three of Emma to Equal one Jean Grey

However if we are talking Jean PRE Phoenix.... She was a Telekinetic..... not a Telepath ... well Ok her Telepathy was Weaker than her Telekinesis, it was only after her encounter with the Phoenix force that she became a stronger Telepath. whereas Emma has been a telepath her whole life.... or since she started high school at least.

So PRE Phoenix Emma is Stronger Telepathicly... POST Phoenix Jean wins hands down
Post Edited:2008-05-28 17:23:53

#30 Posted by Black Parade (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego says:

Third

Shadow King

Professor X

Jean

Emma

Psylocke

#31 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean's telepathy manifested unusually early due to her traumatic exposure to her friend's dying mind. She has always been a more powerful telepath than Emma. The Phoenix Force mostly has to do with telekinesis. That is why Jean and Rachel were much more suitable hosts for the Phoenix than the Cuckoos or Emma.

Also, Professor X and Psylocke both defeated the Shadow King, and I'm sure Jean would be quite capable of doing so as well.

#32 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by Black Parade (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"Jean's telepathy manifested unusually early due to her traumatic exposure to her friend's dying mind. She has always been a more powerful telepath than Emma. The Phoenix Force mostly has to do with telekinesis. That is why Jean and Rachel were much more suitable hosts for the Phoenix than the Cuckoos or Emma. Also, Professor X and Psylocke both defeated the Shadow King, and I'm sure Jean would be quite capable of doing so as well."

At first Jean was a Telekinetic, yes she had Telepethy but as Marvel Girl she was a Telepath .... In truth it's the Combination of Telekinesis and Telepathy in the host that makes them Suitable (Emma being only a Telepath) ...

Jeans Telekinesis was more preveliant in her early years because she was not Prone to use her Telepathy, since her first use of that power was the Feeling of her friends Death ...

#35 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Parade says:

"Lets also not forget this is the Same Emma Frost Jean Grey Possessed .. Transfered her Entire Mind From her body to Emmas body and Took over.... (Uncanny X-Men) "

exactly

#36 Posted by Black Parade (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets also not forget this is the Same Emma Frost Jean Grey Possessed .. Transfered her Entire Mind From her body to Emmas body and Took over.... (Uncanny X-Men)

#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

Ego says:

"Emma Frost is sexier.. so she wins."

Your an idiot.

#38 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

lol oh my anyways even without the phoenix powers jean grey still wins.

#39 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#40 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see these two interact with each other. Scott's going to have a heart attack seeing this.

#41 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"Ego says:
That isn't exactly convincing. I mean for you to tell me, with a fairly detailed post, why you feel that Emma is better than Jean. Cause I would sooner put Emma=Jean (In telepathy), before I would say that Emma is simply BETTER than her. "

jean grey(phoenix)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>emma frost

When they fight each other, Phoenix just enjoied.(see uncanny x-men #131). And phoenix force really want jean grey.......jean and phoenix is one....not host. Only jean can against phoenix's mind and change her. she is prime host.

Of course, you want to say emma has been developing her telepathy before they fought(it doesn't fight just phoenix's game)But, Jean grey has developed her telepathy, too.

I agree part of your opinion. But Don't think emma can defeat jean grey(with phoenix). Jean is the phoenix's prime host.

#42 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I want to see these two interact with each other. Scott's going to have a heart attack seeing this."

What are you talking about? They interacted a lot before Jean died. Or am I just crazy and misinterpreting what you said?

#43 Posted by Jigoku_Shoujo (2 posts) - - Show Bio

are you just talking using telepathy, because Emma got the diamond card in her pocket

#44 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Jigoku_Shoujo says:

"are you just talking using telepathy, because Emma got the diamond card in her pocket "

The only reason she still has that card is because Jean pieced her back together using her TK. If you're allowing them to use all their powers Jean could just shatter Emma with a thought. Emma loses either way.

#45 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

to those who said pre phoenix jean was weaker that is not the case. xavier put mental blocks on jean so her telepathy would develope at a rate that she could handle. did emma ever need that kind of control placed on her powers? no, jean was basically a god before the phoenix force. i understand that emma is just a alpha mutant anyway right?

#46 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is NOT an Omega Level Mutant. But really that doesn't matter. Simply being an Omega Level Mutant means very little. It certainly doesn't guarantee victory. Jean Grey would take Emma Frost with or without the Phoenix Force.

#47 Posted by Black Parade (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#48 Posted by KR1$UPR3M3 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

emma

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

KR1$UPR3M3 says:

"emma"

No.

#50 Posted by KR1$UPR3M3 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

yes