Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

vs

Elrics (Alphonse, and Edward) (Brotherhood and Manga Versions)

No Caption Provided

Battle Conditions:

• Edward has his new arm, from the end of the series
  • Alphonse and Edward are at their best (no philosopher stones, and no lost powers)
  • No Avatar State
  • Morals On
  • In Character
  • Fighting to win
  • No knowledge on their opponents, other than that they have to fight them.
  • Start 20 feet apart

Battlefield: Unpopulated

No Caption Provided

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Avatars are more powerful they win

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 Sy8000  Online

The Elric's only hope is Ed blitzing and taking out Korra before she can metal bend, but I don't think that's happening unless he has winter automail which he doesn't here. Avatars overpower their foes.

Avatar image for geomancertactics
Geomancertactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elrics, Alchemy > Bending

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I thought he used the winter automail at the end of the series?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sy8000  Online

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I thought he only used in in the north. Was it ever specified if he kept it?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joewell911

Hmm.

Well, Korra would screw Alphonse up with her metalbending, so he's practically out from the start.

Then it's two with greater destructive capabilities vs one. While Ed could put up a fight, the Avatars would eventually put him down.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Floopay

@highaccuser: When he got the winter automail he expressed how much he preferred it over his old automail. So I just assumed that he kept it after that point, as it never showed him replacing it. At least not that I'm aware of.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sy8000  Online

@floopay said:

@highaccuser: When he got the winter automail he expressed how much he preferred it over his old automail. So I just assumed that he kept it after that point, as it never showed him replacing it. At least not that I'm aware of.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well if we assume he has it...eh, still going with Avatars. It increases his punching speed sure but I don't remember anything about his running speed which is what would matter if he wants to blitz. In hand to hand range he's too fast but at 20 feet apart they only need to move their hands and that tactic goes away. Plus unless he takes out Korra and removes metal bending it might not make a difference and she ends up soloing.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yea. IIRC when he was blocking prides attack he commented that he knew keeping the winter automail was a good idea.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sy8000  Online

@bump1010 said:
@highaccuser said:
@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yea. IIRC when he was blocking prides attack he commented that he knew keeping the winter automail was a good idea.

I don't remember that but it's been a while. I still wouldn't change my answer unless they were starting in full blown melee range.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: @bump1010: The thing that made this seem more even at these distances, for me, is that the Elric brothers seem to be a bit more ruthless when taking on an unknown foe. Which is why the battle conditions are the way they are.

Aang in particular I remember being hesitant when using his powers. Preferring to stay evasive before attacking.

Don't know if that makes a difference to you guys, but that was one of the conditions I thought helped make this a fairer fight.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sy8000  Online

@floopay said:

@highaccuser: @bump1010: The thing that made this seem more even at these distances, for me, is that the Elric brothers seem to be a bit more ruthless when taking on an unknown foe. Which is why the battle conditions are the way they are.

Aang in particular I remember being hesitant when using his powers. Preferring to stay evasive before attacking.

Don't know if that makes a difference to you guys, but that was one of the conditions I thought helped make this a fairer fight.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

They probably are, but I think the Avatars can handle it mainly because they don't need to be offensive from the get-go when they have defensive measures that will hold nicely (earth bending). And Korra's more aggressive than Aang so I don't think she'd hesitate too much to bring out the reasonably big guns early enough, and she doesn't really need to with metal bending that will fell the brothers instantly (maybe not Ed but definitely Al).