Element Control/Manipulation (Read OP)

TheNobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheNobody

Hi! This isn't necessarily a battle however it does involve feats, scans, and debating.

I wanted to ask certain questions about these 5 certain elements:

Fire

Earth

Water

Air

Electricity

How powerful and what are the capabilities of each element from a destructive level when controlled?

What are the attributes, techniques that can be used, and different ways of using each power?

The subpowers of these abilities meaning what else can one manipulate with these powers

The destructive capacity and how far can you go with each element

What other elements are associated with the 5 elements

Can water, electricity, or earth reach at a cosmic level?

______

Even if you can't answer all my questions it would be fine if you answered one

I need feats along or explainations

^_^ Thank you very much everyone who took their time in reading this thread, even if you didn't post (no sarcasm intended).

Please post scientific explainations and not some mumble jumbo unless it's a feat of what an element can do

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp

I remember pondering this for some time and coming to the conclusion Water would be the most powerful, if it weren't limited to the limitations such as you see in Avatar.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kingkronos

I would say electricity has by far the most destructive capablities. Since it is the most forceful one and produces the fire elemant. But it is only limited to destruction.

Air manipulation is the best in my opinion, you can fly, and telekinetically move things. But it lacks in destructive capabilities. Since it is more defensive than offensive. For example, you can make a bullet stop in mid air.

Earth manipulation is both destructive and can be used as a defense. You can produce earth quakes with it, and sometimes even volcanoes. It can be very destructive. For example in Heroes series, where Sullivan destroys entire cities with it.

Water can be useful sometimes. It can be used offensively and defensively. For example, percy jackson can solidify water to bring it to a solid state, where he can block nearly anything, and can control the pressure of water.

Fire is useful, and it's mostly limited to destructive attacks. And it can be used to kill people, not cause big destructive blasts.

Fire, water, air and electricity can (in a way) reach cosmic scale.. First electricity actually travels through space. Water and fire can be created anywhere. And air can be achieved by telekinesis.

TheNobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheNobody

I believe water would be more powerful too as one can manipulate fluids and moisture of the body along with the ability to make tides, flood cities or land, or make tsunamis however my question is can water work on a cosmic level like wind and fire can? Because an air manipulator can manipulate solar wind or supernova gases from star explosions or fire can manipulate the suns heat or heat and radiance from different stars.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mad8Baller

Fire - Fly, Blow up stuff.  Best example is Human Torch

Earth - Create forests in seconds.  Control rocks and ground matter.  Some form of gravitation control.  Example would be Terra.

Water - Create Tsunamis and Tidal Waves.  Breathing Underwater.  (Excluding Avatar Blood Bending)  Good Example would be White Beard from One Piece.
Another good example would be of a subset of water which is Ice, so you could use all of Iceman's abilities.

Air - Flight.  Wind Blasts. Breathing blockage of other people.

Electricity - Destroy by causing fire.  Magnetism.  Electrocution.  We got enough Electricity manipulators for you to get an example.  Cole from Infamous.  Static Shock.  Electro from Spiderman.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By justleader

Air: fly, hurricanes, can cause floods, maybe even influence the weather, fly, reject fire. Electricity: electrify, produce fire, destruction, thunderstorms, electric immunity. fire: destruction, burning, incineration. earth: earthquakes,sandstorms, open holes in earth, rock manipulation. water: floods, tsunamis. the most destructive is electricity it is also the fastest. as for cosmic level electricity and fire can reach cosmic level. air and earth cant since that is only on earth. as for water it depends like for example in greek mythology water surrounds the whole universe but i doubt in the comics it's like that.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Floopay

Top level feats I would think these can do.

Fire - If this also covers just increasing the temp of something, then this is very dangerous. You could essentially turn anything into a liquid, a gas, or plasma. You could disintegrate anything, you could keep yourself warm at all times, creating flames (and fire projection), create fire novas, cause explosions, and you would NEVER have to deal with cold coffee/cocoa again! None of these things would make something a cosmic force in my opinion.

Air - This could be devastating. You could fly, which in and of itself would be useful. You could create tornados and hurricanes, as well as walls of air and force barriers. You could also create vacuums and implode anything (people, buildings, etc.). You could create massive amounts of friction by moving air molecules around people, objects, and other things (wearing it down). This would be powerful, but I don't think you could be cosmic level with it.

Water - Everything organic has water. There are very few things that would be out of your control when capable of controlling water. This includes moving people/things against their will, disintegrating things (by ripping the moisture from something super fast and causing complete and utter structural failure), drown things in any situation (by concentrating vapors in the air to one spot, you can saturate the air with moisture and drown somebody), if this included changing water to ice then you could freeze anything as well.

Earth - To me this is the most powerful. This seems like the control of anything considered a metal (from the periodic table). You could control metal, bend structures, shape the earth, and earth elementalists in comics can make vegetation grow, so there's that. Almost anything on the planet would be subject to manipulation, and there are few things in the universe beyond your control (things that are solids at least). This would probably be a planetary threat level, not quite cosmic level.

Electricity - This would probably be the most powerful. At it's strongest, this would be electron manipulation in my opinion. Someone at the high end with this would have a degree of matter and energy manipulation. Over and above this you could probably create magnetic fields, emit EMPs, and could potentially have a degree of telepathy (the brain controls the body via electrical impulses). If any of these has a chance to be cosmic level, it's this one.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Floopay said:

Top level feats I would think these can do.

Fire - If this also covers just increasing the temp of something, then this is very dangerous. You could essentially turn anything into a liquid, a gas, or plasma. You could disintegrate anything, you could keep yourself warm at all times, creating flames (and fire projection), create fire novas, cause explosions, and you would NEVER have to deal with cold coffee/cocoa again! None of these things would make something a cosmic force in my opinion.

Air - This could be devastating. You could fly, which in and of itself would be useful. You could create tornados and hurricanes, as well as walls of air and force barriers. You could also create vacuums and implode anything (people, buildings, etc.). You could create massive amounts of friction by moving air molecules around people, objects, and other things (wearing it down). This would be powerful, but I don't think you could be cosmic level with it.

Water - Everything organic has water. There are very few things that would be out of your control when capable of controlling water. This includes moving people/things against their will, disintegrating things (by ripping the moisture from something super fast and causing complete and utter structural failure), drown things in any situation (by concentrating vapors in the air to one spot, you can saturate the air with moisture and drown somebody), if this included changing water to ice then you could freeze anything as well.

Earth - To me this is the most powerful. This seems like the control of anything considered a metal (from the periodic table). You could control metal, bend structures, shape the earth, and earth elementalists in comics can make vegetation grow, so there's that. Almost anything on the planet would be subject to manipulation, and there are few things in the universe beyond your control (things that are solids at least). This would probably be a planetary threat level, not quite cosmic level.

Electricity - This would probably be the most powerful. At it's strongest, this would be electron manipulation in my opinion. Someone at the high end with this would have a degree of matter and energy manipulation. Over and above this you could probably create magnetic fields, emit EMPs, and could potentially have a degree of telepathy (the brain controls the body via electrical impulses). If any of these has a chance to be cosmic level, it's this one.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Great post and agreed on all points.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@kingkronos:  

I would say electricity has by far the most destructive capablities. Since it is the most forceful one and produces the fire elemant. But it is only limited to destruction.

Air manipulation is the best in my opinion, you can fly, and telekinetically move things. But it lacks in destructive capabilities. Since it is more defensive than offensive. For example, you can make a bullet stop in mid air.

Earth manipulation is both destructive and can be used as a defense. You can produce earth quakes with it, and sometimes even volcanoes. It can be very destructive. For example in Heroes series, where Sullivan destroys entire cities with it.

Water can be useful sometimes. It can be used offensively and defensively. For example, percy jackson can solidify water to bring it to a solid state, where he can block nearly anything, and can control the pressure of water.

Fire is useful, and it's mostly limited to destructive attacks. And it can be used to kill people, not cause big destructive blasts.

Fire, water, air and electricity can (in a way) reach cosmic scale.. First electricity actually travels through space. Water and fire can be created anywhere. And air can be achieved by telekinesis 
This more or less, if I had to choose one element to control, It would be air, due to the potential flight and telekinetic mimicry that could be learned. 
BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BMEZY

Telekinesis pawns all :D

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers