Elektra vs Mr. X

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IcePrince_X

I can not believe this hasn't been done yet.

How will these two people fight? Both are the best in what they do... they also have the powers to back them up.
Each one have their standard weapon of choice.

Fighting on the rooftop Hell's Kitchen

Who is your bet?

No Caption Provided
VERSUS
No Caption Provided
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By glforthewin

Mr. X whoops

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Elektra.

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Dark King
silent scream could distract him enough for elektra to  get the win. elektra ftw 6/10
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By glforthewin

hmmm. guess i bet on the wrong horse. oh well

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IcePrince_X

I also go for Elektra... though Mr. X can read his opponents mind to know their action, Elektra has mastered techniques that can somewhat distract body readers or mind readers.. also she has variety of ways in mesmerizing Mr. X, enough to distract him, before killing him off.

Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Phoenix Child

Elektra for the Win!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Elektra..easily.Her ninja techniques will be too much for him.And her TP is better than his.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
"Elektra..easily.Her ninja techniques will be too much for him.And her TP is better than his. "

How can you say easily? I'm not exactly the biggest follower of Elektra, but we've seen both Taskmaster and Bullseye give her a lot of trouble.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"Elektra..easily.Her ninja techniques will be too much for him.And her TP is better than his. "
How can you say easily? I'm not exactly the biggest follower of Elektra, but we've seen both Taskmaster and Bullseye give her a lot of trouble. "
I've also seen her beat Taskmaster,Fatale,and Zaran at the same time and IIRC she one shotted Taskmaster.In fact she lost and beat Taskmaster in the same comic.I have also seen her easily beat Bullseye.Also in the vol. she fought them she wasn't using much of her Ninja abilities just straight combat and intelligence.

@Ren said:
" @Vance Astro: X has true telepahty powers. Elektra has a few ninja gimmick tricks. Besides X has mastered every form of combat known to man and then some. He already knows everything sh'es capable of offensively without even using his powers.   You should probably take a look at the upcoming one shot X has against WOlverine on Wednesday. They'll be "exploring" his powers more. He'll show just how lethal his powers truly are. "
Take the time to look up her abilities.X doesn't have true anything.His TP has been easily thwarted by skilled fighters.He's not going to have it easy against someone with TP techniques on Elektra's level.Wolverine and Elektra are two different characters.Wolverine has no TP or other techniques he can only rely on physical ability and fighting skill.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I've also seen her beat Taskmaster,Fatale,and Zaran at the same time and IIRC she one shotted Taskmaster. 

That wasn't the point.  The point was Taskmaster was able to give her a good fight before she won via a one-shot.  Mr. X has proven to be far more skilled than Taskmaster, as well as be able to withstand better punishment (displayed against Wolverine).  When has she ever beaten Bullseye with ease? I recall 3 fights, 1 she died, another Bullseye stomped her before she turned the tide and won, and a 3rd with the same scenario.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Logic Mark III

Mr. X. Gorgon beat her using a combo of his skill, physical superiority AND his telepathy. He knew what she was going to do and wasted her....just like Mr.X would do.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

"

I've also seen her beat Taskmaster,Fatale,and Zaran at the same time and IIRC she one shotted Taskmaster. 

That wasn't the point.  The point was Taskmaster was able to give her a good fight before she won via a one-shot.  Mr. X has proven to be far more skilled than Taskmaster, as well as be able to withstand better punishment (displayed against Wolverine).  When has she ever beaten Bullseye with ease? I recall 3 fights, 1 she died, another Bullseye stomped her before she turned the tide and won, and a 3rd with the same scenario.  "
Ok, but then after she got herself together she easily beat him and 3 other high level combatants at one time.I don't see how it applies.As far as Bullseye I will have to get scans together but she repeatedly beats people out of Bullseye's league so i don't see how THAT applies either.Mister X did easily beat Taskmaster but his encounters with both characters are different in their own right..there was different variables that go into the way the fight went down.

@Logic Mark III

said:

" Mr. X. Gorgon beat her using a combo of his skill, physical superiority AND his telepathy. He knew what she was going to do and wasted her....just like Mr.X would do. "

Mister X can't beat Gorgon either.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Ok, but then after she got herself together she easily beat him and 3 other high level combatants at one time.I don't see how it applies

The fact still remains that Taskmaster was able to give her a run for her money.  Mr. X has proven to be far more skilled, so I fail to see why you believe she would stomp Mr. X, when she had difficulties besting Taskmaster.

As far as Bullseye I will have to get scans together but she repeatedly beats people out of Bullseye's league so i don't see how THAT applies either.

He's given her a tough time on 4 occasions, all from different writers.   

I haven't stated who I think wins, nor do I really care.  I don't follow Elektra enough to really care about her debates on the vine, but from what I do know, I find it very hard to believe she'd best him with the amount of ease you're implying.  Also, the characters who "bypassed" his abilities had prior knowledge of his abilities.   I would assume Elektra does not, unless the OP wishes to grant her that knowledge. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
"

Ok, but then after she got herself together she easily beat him and 3 other high level combatants at one time.I don't see how it applies

The fact still remains that Taskmaster was able to give her a run for her money.  Mr. X has proven to be far more skilled, so I fail to see why you believe she would stomp Mr. X, when she had difficulties besting Taskmaster.

As far as Bullseye I will have to get scans together but she repeatedly beats people out of Bullseye's league so i don't see how THAT applies either.

He's given her a tough time on 4 occasions, all from different writers.   

I haven't stated who I think wins, nor do I really care.  I don't follow Elektra enough to really care about her debates on the vine, but from what I do know, I find it very hard to believe she'd best him with the amount of ease you're implying.  Also, the characters who "bypassed" his abilities had prior knowledge of his abilities.   I would assume Elektra does not, unless the OP wishes to grant her that knowledge. 

"
The fact also still remains that she one shotted him in another instance.It wasn't even years later it was the same comic.Mister X didn't beat Taskmaster as easily as Elektra did the second time she encountered him.I was saying Elektra wins easily to bait someone into arguing with me.I don't actually believe that. 

I don't think Elektra needs to have prior knowledge of Mister X's abilities to beat him.Her own abilities should be enough.She's also alot more durable and tougher than Taskmaster,he's not going to shut her down as easily as he did him.With Taskmaster as soon as yo u figure out how he fights..he's f#cked.He pretty much folds up and let's the ass kicking happen. 

Sorry for the underline..I don't know why that's happening.I can't turn it off.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The fact also still remains that she one shotted him in another instance 

After already facing him.  As stated before, that doesn't matter in the least, since Taskmaster has proven to be far from durable...where-as the same cant be said for X.  

Mister X didn't beat Taskmaster as easily as Elektra did the second time she encountered him. 

A few key things: 
-Keyword: SECOND.  She was unable to the first time. 
-Mr. X toyed with Taskmaster and bested him with ease.  This was extremely clear in their battle. 

I was saying Elektra wins easily to bait someone into arguing with me.I don't actually believe that. 
 lol. Well, I bit on to the hook. 

I was saying Elektra wins easily to bait someone into arguing with me.I don't actually believe that. 

Does she have the abilities and skill to defeat him? No doubt.  Would this happen for a majority? That is what I'm not sure of, especially since it's a first encounter.  X has demonstrated the ability to drop people very quickly (IE first encounter with Wolverine) 

With Taskmaster as soon as yo u figure out how he fights..he's f#cked.He pretty much folds up and let's the ass kicking happen. 

That doesn't really have much to do with this though.  The point with Taskmaster was X was able to toy with him on their first encounter, where-as Elektra couldn't defeat him.  I wasnt trying to dispute Taskmaster's personal flaws.  Neither had previous knowledge and one did far better.  That's the main point.  Also, the same cant be said for X.  He's still an extremely skilled combatant.  Plus, since they're given one standard weapon, I assume X has his katana and Elektra has her sai.  X's biggest edge here is their first encounter, which may allow him to land critical attacks.

capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By capall
@k4tzm4n:  
correct me if i'm wrong but does elektra really have and use this low level telepathy? and if so does she use this often enough during battles
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

"

The fact also still remains that she one shotted him in another instance 

After already facing him.  As stated before, that doesn't matter in the least, since Taskmaster has proven to be far from durable...where-as the same cant be said for X.  

Mister X didn't beat Taskmaster as easily as Elektra did the second time she encountered him. 

A few key things: 
-Keyword: SECOND.  She was unable to the first time. 
-Mr. X toyed with Taskmaster and bested him with ease.  This was extremely clear in their battle. 

lol. Well, I bit on to the hook. 

Does she have the abilities and skill to defeat him? No doubt.  Would this happen for a majority? That is what I'm not sure of, especially since it's a first encounter.  X has demonstrated the ability to drop people very quickly (IE first encounter with Wolverine) 

With Taskmaster as soon as yo u figure out how he fights..he's f#cked.He pretty much folds up and let's the ass kicking happen. 

That doesn't really have much to do with this though.  The point with Taskmaster was X was able to toy with him on their first encounter, where-as Elektra couldn't defeat him.  I wasnt trying to dispute Taskmaster's personal flaws.  Neither had previous knowledge and one did far better.  That's the main point.  Also, the same cant be said for X.  He's still an extremely skilled combatant.  Plus, since they're given one standard weapon, I assume X has his katana and Elektra has her sai.  X's biggest edge here is their first encounter, which may allow him to land critical attacks.

"
It doesn't matter what time it was Elektra fought and beat Taskmaster..she one shotted him.It wasn't like she fought him once and then the next time she beat him by a hair.She beat him in one move...and she was fighting two other people.How bad does she have to own him for this to be irrelevant? Elektra didn't use any telepathic ability against Taskmaster or any of the other techniques like the Silent Scream that she could use without him being aware of what's going on. 

The point i was making about Taskmaster is...Unlike Elektra he's one-dimensional.A very simple tactic can be put together to take him out.The first fight between Elektra and and Taskmaster could have gone differently had different techniques been in play.Basically what I am saying is there isn't a writer in battle fourms.I could have thought of several ways in this type of setting in which Elektra could have beaten Taskmaster.I think the writer was trying to make a point about her combat skill strictly..but there is more to Elektra than that. 

EDIT:I don't think Mr.X dropping Wolverine as fast as he did is feasible.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

It doesn't matter what time it was Elektra fought and beat Taskmaster..she one shotted him.It wasn't like she fought him once and then the next time she beat him by a hair.She beat him in one move...

She did so after knowing his abilities.  In her first (and fair, IIRC) fight, she couldnt accomplish such.  X on the other hand, best Taskmaster not only with ease, but toyed with him and enjoyed it.  This applies because as far as we know and can assume, this is a first encounter between X and Elektra, meaning she does NOT know his abilities.

Again, I'm well aware of Elektra's abilities, I just don't care for the character enough to follow her or have a heavily expanded knowledge on her.  This is why I said this: 

Does she have the abilities and skill to defeat him? No doubt

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
"

It doesn't matter what time it was Elektra fought and beat Taskmaster..she one shotted him.It wasn't like she fought him once and then the next time she beat him by a hair.She beat him in one move...

She did so after knowing his abilities.  In her first (and fair, IIRC) fight, she couldnt accomplish such.  X on the other hand, best Taskmaster not only with ease, but toyed with him and enjoyed it.  This applies because as far as we know and can assume, this is a first encounter between X and Elektra, meaning she does NOT know his abilities.

Again, I'm well aware of Elektra's abilities, I just don't care for the character enough to follow her or have a heavily expanded knowledge on her.  This is why I said this: 

Does she have the abilities and skill to defeat him? No doubt

I read that part but you're not getting what I am saying.You're bringing up what Elektra did against Taskmaster when it was written to happen that way.She has the ability to beat Taskmaster and very well COULD have the first time.The first time they fought it wasn't that she COULDN'T..she didn't...because that's the way it was written.I'm not PIS or anything but what I am saying is sometimes in comics fights things happen one way when you know very well how they could of gone had the character been written to the best of their ability and things not been swayed for the plot.For instance..Hulk vs. Sentry.Sentry could have easily drained him lifeless yet he chose to brawl with him.It's not PIS but it is a plot device.Only works in comics not battle forums.I'm not assuming Elektra knows what Mister X can do i'm saying she's good enough to get the time to figure it out and also has abilities similar and beyond his that could help her get the win.The fight between Mister X was simply combat...Elektra and Mister X is a different story because they both have more abilities than fighting skill and weaponry.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I read that part but you're not getting what I am saying.You're bringing up what Elektra did against Taskmaster when it was written to happen that way.She has the ability to beat Taskmaster and very well COULD have the first time.The first time they fought it wasn't that she COULDN'T..she didn't...because that's the way it was written. 

That's essentially like saying Spider-Man could win all of his first encounters by just unleashing his webbing and incapacitating his foes.  When has Elektra showed that she regularly uses her abilities to the fullest in each combat scenario?  I can say based on all that I've read with her, she often engages in direct combat frequently as well.  It doesn't seem OOC in the least to do so.

For instance..Hulk vs. Sentry.Sentry could have easily drained him lifeless yet he chose to brawl with him.It's not PIS but it is a plot device. 

I believe the reasoning for that was Sentry wanted to be able to not hold back when punching someone.  Plus, IIRC, he didn't really have full control of his powers at that point. (not like he does now, either, Mr. Bendis)

I'm not assuming Elektra knows what Mister X can do i'm saying she's good enough to get the time to figure it out and also has abilities similar and beyond his that could help her get the win. 

I don't think so.  I think her trying to hang with him would result in her dropping pretty quickly.  Not to disrespect her, but she'd fall before she could figure out what his abilities are and attempt to counter it.  

T he fight between Mister X was simply combat...Elektra and Mister X is a different story because they both have more abilities than fighting skill and weaponry.  

I don't even think Elektra reading his mind would do much good, TBH,since his attacks are based on his opponents actions, allowing him to land his hits.  

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I read that part but you're not getting what I am saying.You're bringing up what Elektra did against Taskmaster when it was written to happen that way.She has the ability to beat Taskmaster and very well COULD have the first time.The first time they fought it wasn't that she COULDN'T..she didn't...because that's the way it was written. 

That's essentially like saying Spider-Man could win all of his first encounters by just unleashing his webbing and incapacitating his foes.  When has Elektra showed that she regularly uses her abilities to the fullest in each combat scenario?  I can say based on all that I've read with her, she often engages in direct combat frequently as well.  It doesn't seem OOC in the least to do so.

For instance..Hulk vs. Sentry.Sentry could have easily drained him lifeless yet he chose to brawl with him.It's not PIS but it is a plot device. 

I believe the reasoning for that was Sentry wanted to be able to not hold back when punching someone.  Plus, IIRC, he didn't really have full control of his powers at that point. (not like he does now, either, Mr. Bendis)

I'm not assuming Elektra knows what Mister X can do i'm saying she's good enough to get the time to figure it out and also has abilities similar and beyond his that could help her get the win. 

I don't think so.  I think her trying to hang with him would result in her dropping pretty quickly.  Not to disrespect her, but she'd fall before she could figure out what his abilities are and attempt to counter it.  

T he fight between Mister X was simply combat...Elektra and Mister X is a different story because they both have more abilities than fighting skill and weaponry.  

I don't even think Elektra reading his mind would do much good, TBH,since his attacks are based on his opponents actions, allowing him to land his hits.  

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mercy_

Bump