Mileena

#3 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Mileena's feats?

#4 Posted by joewell (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

And I just made this topic

#5 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to start flagging threads

#6 Posted by BloodsunX (616 posts) - - Show Bio

Mileena wins due to her being faster and more mobile(Teleportation), but after a long tough fight. Btw it looks like theyre racing in the pic lol.

#7 Posted by joewell (6255 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah MK wins this one, then she eats her brain

#8 Edited by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra, she outclasses Mileena physically and skill-wise by a decent gap.

#9 Posted by EnhancedHuman (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

Mileena's feats?

#10 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnhancedHuman said:

@FourthDeity said:

Mileena's feats?

MK Deception is non-canon to MK 9 both have different storyline.

#11 Posted by EnhancedHuman (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@EnhancedHuman said:

@FourthDeity said:

Mileena's feats?

Why?

which is the real canon?

#12 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnhancedHuman said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@EnhancedHuman said:

@FourthDeity said:

Mileena's feats?

Why?

which is the real canon?

MK 9 rebooted the main storyline in MK Universe.

#13 Posted by EnhancedHuman (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@EnhancedHuman said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@EnhancedHuman said:

@FourthDeity said:

Mileena's feats?

Why?

which is the real canon?

MK 9 is the canon?

and Mk 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8? Is not canon?

you prove it?

#14 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that the comics were considered cannon

#15 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnhancedHuman said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@EnhancedHuman said:

@FourthDeity said:

Mileena's feats?

Why?

which is the real canon?

Formerly MK Deception- Armageddon

Recently- MK9

#16 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty certain you can't flag a topic for this reason. This is actually a more even match up compared to some other topics out there. Mileena

Both are canon as we haven't gotten that far yet....but some things have remained the same, others have changed. MK10 will no doubt confirm what changes and what remains. Example, Shinnok and QC were originally the villians in MK4 originally so that looks like it's staying the same.

#17 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnhancedHuman said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@EnhancedHuman said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@EnhancedHuman said:

@FourthDeity said:

Mileena's feats?

Why?

which is the real canon?

MK 9 is the canon?

and Mk 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8? Is not canon?

you prove it?

MK 9 retconn'ed the ending in MK Armageddon from Taven winning and stopping Armageddon from happening to Shao Kahn winning and Armageddon happened which prompts Raiden to send a vision to himself during the first Tournament which causes him to rewrite the timeline due to him altering a number of events that happened in the original storyline. Some characters had their background stories retcon'ed as well such as Kabal who in the original storyline was a member of the Black Dragon Clan but in MK 9 he was a police officer (former member of the Black Dragon Clan) who worked along side Stryker and helped Raiden and his allies.

#18 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

I thought that the comics were considered cannon

Only a handful of them are canon to the original storyline

#19 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Do videogame vs comics threads summon you like the Bat-Signal summons Batman?

#20 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Kabal was still a member of the Black Dragon in MK9 as he was in the original arch of MK3, the only difference is they made him a cop in the new game but when he nearly dies due to Kintaro, Kabal encounters Kano and tells him "I don't use those anymore" In MK3, he was good as well but more of a nomad, loner on his own where as he's more of a team player and a cop in MK9's interpretation. Some were altered, others not so much.

#21 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

Kabal was still a member of the Black Dragon in MK9 as he was in the original arch of MK3, the only difference is they made him a cop in the new game but when he nearly dies due to Kintaro, Kabal encounters Kano and tells him "I don't use those anymore" In MK3, he was good as well but more of a nomad, loner on his own where as he's more of a team player and a cop in MK9's interpretation. Some were altered, others not so much.

Re-read what I said, Kabal story was retcon'ed he never was a police officer nor has he helped the forces of light.

#22 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

You apparently didn't read what I said, I never said he was a police officer in the original arch. I said he was a nomad, a loner on his own but fighting for Earth realm...re-read what I said. Kabal was a FORMER member of the Black Dragon Clan in both games.

#23 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

You apparently didn't read what I said, I never said he was a police officer in the original arch. I said he was a nomad, a loner on his own but fighting for Earth realm...re-read what I said.

So would that suggest Mortal Kombat 9 is a different storyline from the original, which would mean that the original is no longer canon since Mortal Kombat 9 is a reboot to the franchise.

#24 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

MK9 is a mere re-telling of the story as Ed Boon and John Vogel have put it in several interviews prior to the game coming out last year. They've changed some things as you've noticed, but kept others the same.

The original storyline up to what they're up to MK4, has been re-done yes since Raiden has altered things from the future events. It's hinted though that MK4's story is remaining the same because that's how MK9 ends with QC and Shinnok being the main villian to come. In MK4's original arch, they were also the main villians for Raiden and the rest of the good guys(the mortals) I won't be surprised if they resurrect characters like Sub-Zero, then say he returns to his human form which I can see them doing. It's Sub-Zero, you can't keep him dead.

#25 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

MK9 is a mere re-telling of the story as Ed Boon and John Vogel have put it in several interviews prior to the game coming out last year. They've changed some things as you've noticed, but kept others the same.

The original storyline up to what they're up to MK4, has been re-done yes since Raiden has altered things from the future events. It's hinted though that MK4's story is remaining the same because that's how MK9 ends with QC and Shinnok being the main villian to come. In MK4's original arch, they were also the main villians for Raiden and the rest of the good guys(the mortals)

Are you aware that a retelling is almost the exact same thing as a reboot? Just because some characters are going to be reoccuring doesn't mean that the story will be the same as the previous storyline.

#26 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but that's not my point. That's why I had said some things will remain the same, such as Quan Chi and Shinnok being back no doubt in MK10/MK4's era while other characters who were there previously will not.

#27 Edited by EnhancedHuman (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

Elektra she outclasses Mileena physically and skill-wise by a decent gap.

Milena is not human, is a mutant, is a Tarkatan, Mileena can teleport and attack with bursts of energy .. Elektra has no powers .. it seems that you do not know the capabilities of Mileena

#28 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

Mileena. While Elektra may have more feats in fighting skills, I think Mileena is a bit too durable and powerful for Elektra to handle. Plus, Mileena isn't shabby in fighting skills either, just not as good as Elektra.

Mileena wins 8/10.

#29 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

Here we go again.

@Vaeternus: @EnhancedHuman: Please don't engage this guy about canon MK. He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about. MK9 retold the original story and retconed a few beats, but the characters are essentially the same, with the same motivations, it''s just that Radien steers the main story a little off center.

Liu Kang was still champ, Kung Lao still "died" (only this time it was real), Smoke and Sub still ran away from the Lin Kuei, etc., etc.

Just because Kabal is a police officer now means nothing. Just because Milleena is weeks/months old, so what.

Raiden could have still fried Kintaro, Raiden still has the ability to resurrected the dead (Johnny Cage, MK3), Movado can still beat Kenshi, and Shao Kahn was still King of the hill.

Nick talking about MK9 retconing Armageddon should tell you everything you need to know. In MK's long history, the story is always finished in the following game. Why all of a sudden is MK9 now different?

MK9 didn't erase 20 years of lore and canon, it expanded it.

Wow @nick_hero22. I like how in the Raiden v. WW thread, you pulled from pre-52 era when 52 supposedly reset the character, yet here, when it suits you, you're mister canon-lore keeper guy. Talk about fair play.

#30 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Mileena is actually a hybrid made from Shang Tsung's sorcery and science. She's part human(well Edenian and part Tarkatan) which are Baraka's people.

@onilordasmodeus said:

Here we go again.

@Vaeternus: @EnhancedHuman: Please don't engage this guy about canon MK. He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about. MK9 retold the original story and retconed a few beats, but the characters are essentially the same, with the same motivations, it''s just that Radien steers the main story a little off center.

Liu Kang was still champ, Kung Lao still "died" (only this time it was real), Smoke and Sub still ran away from the Lin Kuei, etc., etc.

Just because Kabal is a police officer now means nothing. Just because Milleena is weeks/months old, so what.

Raiden could have still fried Kintaro, Raiden still has the ability to resurrected the dead (Johnny Cage, MK3), Movado can still beat Kenshi, and Shao Kahn was still King of the hill.

Nick talking about MK9 retconing Armageddon should tell you everything you need to know. In MK's long history, the story is always finished in the following game. Why all of a sudden is MK9 now different?

MK9 didn't erase 20 years of lore and canon, it expanded it.

Wow @nick_hero22. I like how in the Raiden v. WW thread, you pulled from pre-52 era when 52 supposedly reset the character, yet here, when it suits you, you're mister canon-lore keeper guy. Talk about fair play.

Trust me dude, I know lol. A lot of people on here aren't familiar with MK, and believe me I'm putting that nicely. Not even a knock, it's just a fact. It's not even just MK though, it's topics outside of comics if you notice. I do think that's a good point you brought up about the new 52, apparently with the JL we can use "pre 52" feats... but with MK we can't use pre MK9...lol MK9 pretty much altered some things, not everything while a lot of things are still the same, it's not the same thing. In DCU, a lot of characters have different stories now then before, different power levels. Power levels for example aren't effected in MK, if anything they seem more powerful in MK9 then they did prior. Some people have this mind set that "MK9 is an alternate universe" no it's the same one, it's just slightly altered already canon events due to time travel. Think Back to the Future, the same things happened in the future that normally would have prior to the time machine going back in time. Even Ed Boon used BTTF as an example of what they were doing.

Exactly correct about Kabal, the only difference they did with him was they made him a cop this time POST Black Dragon member, in the original MK3 arch, Kabal wasn't a cop BUT he was apart of the Earthrealm warriors and turned good since he left the Black Dragon.

#31 Edited by NYStreets09e (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Not gonna lie this will defiantly be a bloody one, but Elektra wins..(Assuming) Elektra has TP, Silent scream and other skills that she can use in this battle, Not saying Mileena is weak by any means, its just Elektra has a wider range in Skills, Feats and Self control which can sometimes be a deciding factor.

#32 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: So Deception Milleena Wins and MK 9 Mileena loses.

Bamsky.

#33 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@nick_hero22: So Deception Milleena Wins and MK 9 Mileena loses.

Bamsky.

Elektra stomps either incarnation.

#34 Posted by ultimateblazeboy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnhancedHuman: the person that is making these pictures should put

smoke vs nightcrawler

iron fist vs lui kang

kenshi vs dared devil

and out of mileena and Elektra i would have to go with elektra

#35 Posted by nick_hero22 (6735 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra still destroys!

#36 Posted by ultimateblazeboy (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnhancedHuman: Shinnok Vs Dr Strange Good @$$ fight